• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SaveVsBedWet

Days like today. Where we have to go to work after playing ESO all day yesterday and making it to 8th level (yes I still play SP style where I see the world and it's not a blur) like everyone else, but when I come back on tonight I'll still be 8th level and they'll be 20th!

That's when it starts. The murmuring and feet shuffling. From the "new guild". About you. About where things went wrong. And what you might not be able to do. Things about your "role". Things about whether you can "contribute".

Things that could affect...your digni-TAH.

And then there's the clanging sound. Low at first, then all at once, louder. Then deafening.

Know what it is?

It's your name. Falling off the guild charter. With a clatter.

Congrats. You've become...a functional NPC. A non-factor. That guy who "used" to be a player and now might as well be that girl in that drinking hole. Yeah the one with the lute.

Pathetic.

Rimfaxe96

Well if you want to be one of those over-pro gamers who rush for the ranklists then you'll have to set your priorities differently. Not all of those players are still living with mommy, but rather cut sleep to a mnimum and rush back home after work as fast as they can and then spend the rest of the day playing.

Of course, for those people who have their friends in that game that's no obstacle. Back in my old MMO my 3 buddies and I dominated the racetracks and of course had to show skill next to activity to keep our prestige as undefeatable team.

How you want to play and what you want to achieve, if you have any goal at all besides having fun is what you have to think about. Personally I don't want much more but fun. ;)

Pendalyn

Very Dangerous Nobody
CAn't play ESO on my chromebook, so when I get a new monitor I'll be playing the PvE a lot. I don't care about grouping or faction lists, though I will play the portion that lets me quest on the side and build things for them. My goal is to play it like skyrim, with the negatives of less intensive graphics and less interactive objects. As long as I can do most of the questing solo, and the content is good, I am happy. I'll get a group through chat or whatever if I NEED help with something that badly.

SaveVsBedWet

Well if you want to be one of those over-pro gamers who rush for the ranklists then you'll have to set your priorities differently. Not all of those players are still living with mommy, but rather cut sleep to a mnimum and rush back home after work as fast as they can and then spend the rest of the day playing.

Of course, for those people who have their friends in that game that's no obstacle. Back in my old MMO my 3 buddies and I dominated the racetracks and of course had to show skill next to activity to keep our prestige as undefeatable team.

How you want to play and what you want to achieve, if you have any goal at all besides having fun is what you have to think about. Personally I don't want much more but fun. ;)

Oh I hear you on all of that. Right now I'm sitting on a plane flying back from a business trip in Seattle and haven't actually played the game yet since I created this thread on Monday. It's the way it is. I have to eat and there are no free rides or 19 hour MMO playing days in the basement. For the same reason I can't do that, I can't learn a new programming language every three weeks either like the "eternal students" in the job market who are supposedly better than people like me who've been on computers since the TRS-80.

So no need to break that whole thing down. Basically I just wish that this phenomena didn't exist and cause so many problems in PvP when everyone you are going against is overpowered in comparison or in the case of ESO, everyone you are running a siege with is 15 levels higher than you are with better crafting, better equipment, etc. despite running the first 8-10 levels hand in hand with you. That's all...

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
ESO looks epic but unfortunately I think it will cost me too much time and money. I have an Xbox so does that I have to pay for XBL AND the monthly subscription?

SaveVsBedWet

ESO looks epic but unfortunately I think it will cost me too much time and money. I have an Xbox so does that I have to pay for XBL AND the monthly subscription?

Probably does, yeah. I just don't have enough time for gaming to buy a console and besides that most of the genres I play really shine with modding and that leaves consoles out. But having to pay two different fees for this monthly would be a deal breaker for me, especially when times like this come up where I literally can't play for a week at a time.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts