1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

PS3 Ancient Falmer Armor

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by jarif, Mar 3, 2013.

1. jarif Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    this is a really good armour but i need a helmet replacement and i have been using a circlet for now, any suggestions?
  2. xsneakyxsimx Oh, What does this button do?

Message Count:
    According to the wiki, an Elven Helmet can be used for the matching armour bonus, but I have no idea about how it would look.
  3. RY14NCE Dragonborn

Message Count:
    I found that nothing really looks right when worn with Ancient Falmer Armour. Its so different to everything else.

I suppose you could try an elven helmet? I know its a completely different colour and stuff, but the armour sets as a whole look sort of similar.

I wore a novice mage hood for a bit and that looked ok, and you can get an unenchanted version ( if you like enchanting ), it's not a helmet, but may be preferable to a circlet. Unless you aren't too bothered how it looks, and just want something that will stop damage, in which case Dragonscale. If you can smith it.

It's wierd how you cant get the actual Ancient Falmer Helmet in-game, they designed it and everything, I believe you can get it on PC with console commands.
    jarif likes this.
  4. jarif Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    i guess i wouldnt mind wearing a hood
  5. MrDSL Active Member

Message Count:
    The dragon priest masks look pretty good with it..especially the frost one.
  6. JayW Member

Message Count:
    The Jagged Crown works well. So long as you haven't gotten too far in the civi war quest then you can keep it and later finish that quest (it helps to get a paralysis staff from snapleg cave - see guides on reverse pickpocketing into Ralof or Hadvar). The Jagged Crown also allows you to wear a dragonpriest mask or circlet at the same time allowing for bonus enchants.

The crown is kind of funny on an elf character when wearing the ancient falmer armour. Given the backstory of the snow elves it is something of a statement to take the crown of the High King.