Xbox 360 An ETA for a patch/fix?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JClarke1953

I know Bethsoft is, or has been working on a patch concerning the broken quests (among other problem's). Is there an ETA on a possible when? I have so many broken quest's, plus now I've run into something that I wonder why Bethsoft had nothing for.

Finding an incriminating letter to the Imperial's as well as one to Astrid (who is now dead), and a Master locked room showing the remnants of a prayer" to the Night Mother.

Are they ever going to catch up?

JClarke1953

I'm unsure of the humor of what I mentioned above. They "may" be quests of some kind, or else those letter's wouldn't have been written in. But what I know are "broken" or at least for me, and Bethsoft telling me these are known issue's are; Find the copy of Chimarvamdium (I have 2, and no NPC to give them to), Find the Word of Power at Arcwind Point (I did, it didn't register in my quest log, no matter at how many angles and times I tried), so, no more letter's from friend telling me more, no more from High Hrothgar. Plus my "wife" was killed while we battled merc's, and can't remarry. The Foresworn Conspiracy (Eltrys is dead, no more can be done, can't go to the mine to do that quest). Bring the double-distilled Skooma to Stands-in-Shallows (it shows him receiving it, but remains in quest log as undone).

I'm unsure of the humor of what I mentioned above. They "may" be quests of some kind, or else those letter's wouldn't have been written in. But what I know are "broken" or at least for me, and Bethsoft telling me these are known issue's are; Find the copy of Chimarvamdium (I have 2, and no NPC to give them to), Find the Word of Power at Arcwind Point (I did, it didn't register in my quest log, no matter at how many angles and times I tried), so, no more letter's from friend telling me more, no more from High Hrothgar. Plus my "wife" was killed while we battled merc's, and can't remarry. The Foresworn Conspiracy (Eltrys is dead, no more can be done, can't go to the mine to do that quest). Bring the double-distilled Skooma to Stands-in-Shallows (it shows him receiving it, but remains in quest log as undone).
Those letters are there to make skyrim world feels more alive,these ain't no broken quests man...
The chimarvandium, have you tried to go to the college of winterhold and giving it to urag grp-shub, the bookseller?
And you cant remarry if your wife is killed, or divorce for that matter... thats not a glitch, thats from the game itself.
forsworn quest, How did Eltrys die? randomly or did the guards kill him when you returned to the shrine of talos? also he probably cant be killed in any other way for being an essential NPC, unless your using console commands on pc...
If markarth guards killed him, you will have a talk with them, there is option to surrender or fight them, if you choose to resist, the quest wont continue, you need to do the I submit, take me to jail option for that.

JClarke1953

Those letters are there to make skyrim world feels more alive,these ain't no broken quests man...
The chimarvandium, have you tried to go to the college of winterhold and giving it to urag grp-shub, the bookseller? Yes!
And you cant remarry if your wife is killed, or divorce for that matter... thats not a glitch, thats from the game itself. There should be an option.
forsworn quest, How did Eltrys die? randomly or did the guards kill him when you returned to the shrine of talos? also he probably cant be killed in any other way for being an essential NPC, unless your using console commands on pc...
If markarth guards killed him, you will have a talk with them, there is option to surrender or fight them, if you choose to resist, the quest wont continue, you need to do the I submit, take me to jail option for that.
I don't know how Eltrys died, he was DOA when I went to the Temple. I tried various methods for the quest in the mine, none worked. Bethsoft says it's a problem they're working on.

And just so you know? I wouldn't have posted them if I hadn't already tried every option I could figure. Please don't talk down at me, or treat like some, well, whatever. I have 3 children, all adults, I don't rate your sarcasm. As far as the letter's? How are they to make it feel more "alive" when there is nothing going on with them, and nothing for my char to do with them or about them? If there was something/someone to go to or dialogue, THEN it would "seem" more alive. The further in I get, the more static the game becomes, and less fun with the so many repetitive quest's. No more Word's of Power, all it is now is just killing for the Dark Brotherhood, or stealing the same stuff over and over for the Guild.

RTSullivan-DragonBorn

Premium Member
In my miscellaneous quest options it still says 'Investigate The Bards College' which I have already completed and it also still says 'Bring Ancient Falmer Tome to Urag-gro Shub' which I have done, It's not really important that they disappear, but it is irritating to my compulsive nature.

JClarke1953

Same here, yet the "head Bard" won't go further in the dialogue for more quests. I have a drum that is a quest item that can't be done, even though I've "saved" the celebration of burning the effigy of King Olaf. "Investigate the Bard College" is still sitting in miscellaneous as not done, even though it has been done.

The word's we see when we complete or find an item we quest for showed as the poem was read to the Queen, showing everything was complete, but still remains in miscellaneous as incomplete.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts