An Appeal for assistance in returning to gaming

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
As some of you know I am a veteran. Others might remember that I suffer from Gulf War Syndrome and PTSD. Both of which I have been battling with the VA to recognize and treat. Last year I lost a battle to stay in Pennsylvania and had to move rather quickly to my father's house in Missouri which is where I ran into even more trouble. A long time friend took advantage of the situation. I asked him to store my household goods and my pet dachshund Cheyanne until I could send for them.

But as soon as I left he took all of them as his own selling off what he didn't want, keeping the rest for himself. I lost what little I had left in the world save for two suitcases of clothing. Electronics, bed, furniture, kitchen goods, old love letters, personal papers and photos of friends and family, everything. I contacted the PA state police and local police dept, for assistance in recovery and prosecution, but they said without a written contract that I had given him my worldly possessions and there was nothing they could do.

The most devastating of the losses were of course my beloved pet, the photos and love letters and my connection to the online group of friends that were keeping the despair of my GWS and PTSD from overwhelming me with depression. A friend has recently started a gofundme page to help me recover that portion.

I am appealing to you the forum community to help out if you can or at least share the funding page via social media so more can see it and help out.

http://www.gofundme.com/x98raa4

Last edited:

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Sorry to hear about this, Shew. What happened to Cheyanne?

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
According to the few texts I was able to coax out of him he got into a car wreck with her in his lap and she had to be put down.

hershangames

I can't believe someone could do that to a friend and I'm really sorry to hear that it DID happen. Unfortunately I can't donate anything, but I give you all my support.
I hope you manage to get the money

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
Please remember to go to the funding page and at least share it.

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
First update: within three days of the funding project open we hit the first goal of an Xbox One, the next for a special controller and the Forza 6 game are still left but I am overwhelmed by the generosity of the a few close friends and even more so by the random strangers.

The Xbox will arrive Monday sometime and I should be back online in the following games which I owned the digital copies of.

Destiny with the season pass so I may need help with the House of Wolves expansion.

Forza Horizon 2 with its season pass which I got only because of other friends getting but since I had Forza 5 on disk will probably be playing to satisfy my car needs. :) (edit) Just received a code for the digital version of Forza 5!

Dragon Age: Inquisition with its season pass so the expansion will have to be explored.

Sunset Overdrive: Was a gift and not a big fan of it but I have the season pass to it as well and may have to explore it for at least the achievements sometime.

Minecraft

Tomb Raider the definitive edition

AC Black Flag

And of course, whatever is in the EA vault and Free with Gold

Last edited:

Reaper87

吉光
Stay optimistic, friend. Life in its very nature can be difficult - follow your heart and mind, and know that I was touched by your story. I have a lot of respect for you, and I hope that the future is great for you. :)

Latest posts