Am I the oldest Skyrim player?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Blorvis Paerntz

Greetings! I am a 56 Y.O. Skyrim player – thoroughly addicted – and shirking all responsibility in order to play Skyrim. I am a level 52 Nord one-hander with level 100 Alchemy, Smithing, Enchantment, and 91 Speech. You would think that I wouldn't need any help, but although I can smite into oblivion anything that crosses my path, I still get confused (age related.) Hope you can help...

probaly got my grandfather to play it once he is 74 but only on christmas day for about 10 minutes

OmNomNombies

Let me show you my cats.
I hope there are still great games to play when I'm in my fifties. So long as they keep makin' them, I'll keep playing them.

If not, then I'll be 56 and still playing my PS2. ;) Game on, bro, game on.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
There's actually a video of a grandmother playing Skyrim. The grandson was filming her and everything. It was hilarious because she joined the Dark Brotherhood, and would get angry at anyone that killed her. It was awesome. If I can find the video, I'll post it in the main section.

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Cheers and greetings, Blorvis! Pah, who cares about age? I don't believe it matters what you're doing, just as long as you're either enjoying it or having fun. And if you're lucky, both apply. Like Skyrim for instance. ;)

Meantime, have fun here and happy adventuring! :pinkdragon:

Blorvis Paerntz

Thanks everyone! Back in the 60's, the mantra was never trust anyone over 30. You've made me feel welcome, and I hope that I can pay it forward. I'm certain that when you are 50, there will be games that you play inside of a bubble while wearing an artificial reality suit. More important, there won't be as many soulless to tell you that you are too old to play. Thanks again! I think I''m going to have fun!

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
No one is ever too old to play a video game. It's merely another form of media that allows you to enjoy a story, music, and visuals. With how far games have come, it's almost like playing a movie, where you of course dictate the outcome. Video games are awesome. Hell, sometimes I enjoy them more than movies and tv shows.

Blorvis Paerntz

I couldn't agree more. My TV would be on fire on the front lawn if it wasn't for video games. I'd rather be mesmerized on my own terms, rather than have corporate media dictate my thoughts about what fun is.

Panshi

New kitten on the block
You're actually bringing a very fresh and unique opinon on video games, it's very rare these days to have people of different generations talking about a common passion or hobby. When they do, the older teach the younger of course, but here, you might just get some advice from a 15 year-old player who's been further that you in this or that direction of the game. Interesting, isn't it ? :)

Welcome Blorvis, have a good time here,

Panshi.

Blorvis Paerntz

A good example of wisdom is the ability to open yourself up to the advice of others – even when it comes from those people with whom we may disagree. The quickest way to “level up” is to seek out the broadest range of knowledge – even from the most disturbing places – and from the most annoying people.
Thanks for the reassurance.

Blorvis Paerntz

Prior to this addiction it was GT4. I couldn’t afford GT5. I might look into Forza someday.
However, the layman’s term for an addiction is thus: If you used it more than you intended – and did it in spite of any negative consequences – you’ve got a problem (read addiction.)
Pretty well sums it up for Skyrim and me, and I’m a addictions counselor!
Don’t forget to get some sun!

Sargeant_002

Better then alternate addictions by far! ;) We won't tell your patients and blessed be you for such a difficult career path!

Just this morning I was visualizing a walk through Whiterun as if I was actually there...a sign I've been away from the controller to long!

Brian-

Lorelei

Hiya Blorvis! I liked your post. ^.^ I'll be 30 next year, and I've read posts by a 62 year old on this forum so your definitely not the oldest Skyrim player.

That's very cool that you're a counselor! I'd like to be a therapist myself one day, but I've got quite a bit of school to go. >.<

I want to go into I've had issues with a World of Warcraft addiction myself. I tried out 12 steps for a while, but I found an alternative self help program called SMART Recovery which works really well for me. :3

Start Dale

I got 99 problems but a Deadra ain't one.
Hey Blorvis, welcome. I'm interested to hear your an addictions counsellor. I actually used Skyrim to help me quit smoking. Of all the weird stuff, it worked the best. Now almost five months off cigarettes.

I work with the Homeless in a shelter. Hope you enjoy your work.

The Rook

Make a fine rug? I don't crochet.
I read the title of you introduction and thought, "Challenge accepted!" You win, I am only 43. This is a FAR cry from Pong, remember that old fossil? Space Invaders and Frogger, nothing! I am still astounded by the detail of the scenery. Of all the mods and patches I have seen the water, seasonal changes and footprints in the snow were the most interesting to me. As an older gamer what do you enjoy the most?

Stone

Retired Moderator
Greetings! I am a 56 Y.O. Skyrim player – thoroughly addicted – and shirking all responsibility in order to play Skyrim. I am a level 52 Nord one-hander with level 100 Alchemy, Smithing, Enchantment, and 91 Speech. You would think that I wouldn't need any help, but although I can smite into oblivion anything that crosses my path, I still get confused (age related.) Hope you can help...
Awesome to know that you're playing Skyrim at the age of 56 :-)

Not sure if your the oldest skyrim player, but you're definitely older than me :>

Chryss

Greetings and salutations: My husband and I are both addicted to Skyrim. I will be 57 this month and my husband will be 61 in September. We havent watched much TV since we bought the game in November and are very happy bonding over this crazy game which we love. We enjoy discussing our conquests and helping each other. Our children are shocked (to say the least) which I don't understand since I raised them on Nintendo sitting on the floor with popcorn and Zelda.
This Forum Rocks!! so very helpful with hints and advice. :Dragonborn:

ArwinQuinlan

I hope there are still great games to play when I'm in my fifties. So long as they keep makin' them, I'll keep playing them.

If not, then I'll be 56 and still playing my PS2. ;) Game on, bro, game on.

I am 18 years old for twenty years now. :D From Atari, Nintendo Family Computer, and now PC online games... no one's too old for fun and games! OmNomNombies, yep! Game on! :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts