• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Who do you prefer to stay with after you escape from Helgen? Which family do you prefer?

• Alvor - he's my blacksmith mentor!

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Gerdur - she doesn't want those Imperials skulking around her mill...

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

sticky runes

Alvor seems to have the most perks, since you get all that free stuff at his forge which is kind of essential if you want to get into smithing at an early stage. His wife's a bit of a bimbo, though.
Gerdur's a bit stroppy, but her husband is hilarious, and they've also got Stump.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
Stump for the win!!
In all seriousness though: Alvor
His wife is a bit hung up, but his kid is adorable and he treats you great, letting you stay(though, he doesn't give you his house key, so it's only temporary) and teaching you a bit about smithing if you ask, plus free iron armor(except the armor itself, which you can forge with the iron bars outside) to start the game? Yes Please!!
Plus......something about Gerdur puts me off a bit.

Can I just swap them out? Have Hod and Alvor live together in the forge-house? That'd be perfect right there!

kenia153

Doesn't matter to me, I always rob the whole town anyway. lol
I don't really appreciate Alvor's wife telling me to stay away from him all the time. Like girl I don't want that stanky old man

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
You can take Alvor's steel ingots from the get-go. Advantageous if you play a melee-based character.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Gerdur simply because when escaping the door that the Stormcloak escapes through is closer than the one the Imperial escapes through. I have literally no other reason.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I prefer Gerdur - you get a safe house for your vampire.
Put the potatoes, so many friggin' potatoes. And the cabbage! (I mean the intelligence of those stupid Nords, not the leafy green vegetable).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts