"Already Have an animal with you?" Glitch *possible console fix*

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Nujabe808

Taken from "My" post on Gamefaqs. i figured i'd spread the word, for people who don't check the site and suffer from the same sort of issue.

"With the arrival of the new Dawnguard DLC i've been wanting to try out the new dog and armored troll companions, but i get the error saying i already have an animal with me, because i lost a stray dog. I searched for hours trying to find a fix for this, but so far i haven't found anything on this subject for xbox/ps3 users, only pc users being able to fix this with console commands.

After a bit of searching for the stray dog i came across meeko's shack, where you can recruit Meeko the dog as a follower after you've followed him inside (I haven't activated this event yet, so he's still by the road). after reading the journal, it let me talk to the dog and recruit him, even though it said i already had a animal with me. I then told him to go back home, and went to try and recruit the new dogs and it worked, I can now recruit the new trolls and dogs on the Dawnguard DLC.

Hope this works and helps people with the same issue. in short: if you haven't activated the meeko's shack quest, then do so and it should recruit him, allowing you to part ways and recruit other dogs/trolls"

Man how weird... I have just given up after days looking for this fix... Then sign up here for some people's insight to dawnguard and find this......

One word:
LEGEND!

Thanks

Im still waiting for it for PC.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts