1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

PC All humanoid characters in my game have no animations

Discussion in 'Skyrim Help' started by Kacper, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Kacper

Kacper New Member

I just recently got skyrim from steam, and i downloaded mods everything was fine, then i tried installing SKSE manually and i followed the guide, but i had to go to work so i didnt check if it worked. so i got home, download a few more mods and started the game and my character and other humanoid characters had no animations. I re-installed the game deleted all the mods and nothing still works.
  2. Neriad13

Neriad13 Premium Member

That sounds like a bad one. I'd go to Bethesda directly for help.
  3. Kacper

Kacper New Member

Ya it happens even with a new game....
  4. Dagmar

Dagmar Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim

When you say you deleted all the mods, did you delete them before you reinstalled the game or after, and when you say delete do you mean actually delete all the files or deactivate them with mod manager?
  5. Kacper

Kacper New Member

I completely deleted them and even unsubscribed all of the but I did it after I reinstalled
  6. kalour

kalour New Member

I had this probably a few days ago. I'm not sure if you've found a fix by now but I'll post anyway to be sure.

I found two solutions:

1. Move your 'Meshes' folder out of Skyrim/Data (I put mine on the desktop for safe keeping). Then run Skyrim. I suspected this might cause some problems, running it without Meshes. But it didn't. Wouldn't advise deleting it though, just in case.

2. Download and install FNIS Behaviour Files into Skyrim/Data. Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community

When installed, open the tools folder, open up GenerateFNIS_for_Users and run GenerateFNISforUsers.exe.

Click update FNIS behaviour, Let it do it's thing.

Now try Skyrim again.

Worked for me; Hope they do for you.
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    XIIGenocide: 4 Points Jul 9, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Silverwarz

Silverwarz New Member

Thanks, I Reinstalled my Skyrim for like 3 times and nothing work till I put my Meshes folder into Desktop and it worked ! :)
  8. kalour

kalour New Member

Ah that's great man! Glad i could be of help.
  9. CreativtyFailedMe

CreativtyFailedMe New Member

This worked the first time but it happened again but this time all the vanilla clothing will show up but not my moded hair/clothing and (what I did the first time however it worked) I put the meshes back and they froze again