PS3 Alduin's Wall Glitch

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rlove2187

I had the problem with the PS3 version of the game where my save file got too large and I was unable to continue any of the quests. After the patch (I believe it was 1.04) came out I was able to continue on with other quests but when I got to the part where Esbern was supposed to read Alduin's wall and tell me to go talk to the guys at High Hrothgar, he and the woman (her name escapes me right now) had disappeared. Now I can approach the wall but the marker just stays above it without Esbern telling me to continue on. I have moved on to doing side quests and miscellaneous quests for now, but would like to finish the main quest at some point in the game. I have been back to the secret hideout area in the little tavern and neither Esbern or the woman are there. I don't know what to do from this point. Any suggestions?

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
Sometimes the Blades are at the balcony of Sky Haven temple, training or standing around.

If i remember well, it is Arngeir (Greybeard) who sends you to Esbern to learn the Dragonrend shout.

Try going up to High Hrothgar and talk to Arngeir about Dragonrend, maybe he will tell you to go see the Blades again, and it will trigger the quest to wake up.

Rlove2187

Rayven, the quest is Alduin's Wall and the objective is Learn the secret of Alduin's Wall. Skullrattla, I tried going out on the balcony area in Sky Haven Temple and Esbern and Delphine are not there. I have been to High Hrothgar as well and they did not have any new options when speaking to the Greybeards.

Rlove2187

Rayven it does appear to be this glitch. I guess I will just sit around for another patch... Oh well, there are many more side quests to go.

SkyrimBus

when I got to the part where Esbern was supposed to read Alduin's wall and tell me to go talk to the guys at High Hrothgar, he and the woman (her name escapes me right now) had disappeared. Now I can approach the wall but the marker just stays above it without Esbern telling me to continue on. I have moved on to doing side quests and miscellaneous quests for now, but would like to finish the main quest at some point in the game. I have been back to the secret hideout area in the little tavern and neither Esbern or the woman are there. I don't know what to do from this point. Any suggestions?

I can't finish due to this bug, Bethesda please patch it. I explored up to Sky Haven Temple before the quest started and now Esbern won't follow me into Alduin's wall. I have 123 hrs and can't proceed with the quest. My last save was at 63 hours so I am losing 60 hours of gaming time. Please, please fix this bug.

chillawilla

This glitch is why I joined this forum.

In my game, Esbern didn't arrive from Riverwood with Delphine. The quest stalled for a while at the step where I needed to bleed on the sigil for the face-door to open. No Esbern, and no arrow to continue.

So I completed a few other quests and returned to the temple to find no Esbern, but had the arrow indicating I could continue.

Now I'm stalled before the wall without Esbern. I'm hoping a few more quests from now it'll let me continue, again. It's frustrating.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts