Alchemy over restoration for warier

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mwhals

I am thinking of doing no restoration perks since alchemy covers me for health potions. I don't need to drop my shield or weapon to heal and the potions are instant. I don't mind the extra weight.

VirussxD

So...what exactly is the help you need? Suggestion whether its a good idea or not? My suggestionis restoration but thats probably biased because its what I do. You can run out of potions. When you heal fully, by the time you need to heal again, your magicka is usually up to par again.

Mwhals

Just think restoration perk points can go to block 5/5 perks on the first block perk. Also enchanting weapons with absorb health will be used by me.

VirussxD

Well you never mentioned your plans for absorb health enchantments, so i was not thinking about that. In that case its a viable option.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
True Nord warriors rely on cold Skyforge Steel not magic! :D

You don't need a lot of healing potions either. Also, you can hotkey a small stack of the healing potions of the same name so you can use them without having to pause the combat action.
Just think restoration perk points can go to block 5/5 perks on the first block perk.
You only need 3 Shield Wall perks to cap blocked damage.

ShadowGambit

Also Alchemy will give you a better damage output, something restoration cannot do. Fortify One Handed potion will increase your damage.

Also, alchemy will give you potions that will make you better at other skills, depending on the situation. Waterbreathing, Cure Poison, Cure Disease, and even Invisibility are some potions you should carry around.

I'd rather put Fortify Block on the shield instead of taking Shield Wall 3/5. For me it is more "cost efficient".

Mwhals

I am doing Alchemy at 5/5 and then up to benefactor. I was going to put a few perks in restoration too, but think I should use those somewhere else. 100 magica will not allow me to heal completely before I run out. So far I have put no points into restoration and find potions have been just fine.

I am sure I can find places to put those restoration perks.

I think snake blood would be good for 50% poison resistance for just two of the perks from restoration.

Any other alchemy perks (or other not under warrior) I should get with them?

ShadowGambit

Alchemist and benefactor is all you will need.

If you go Block, I would go Shield Wall 1/5 and Elemental protection. (3 pts).

After that, you can either choose Shield Charge or Deadly Bash. In my point of view, Shield Charge is even better than Fus Roh Da. But in term of damage, deadly bash is better: you will stunlock AND do damage at the same time.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts