• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Bone Of The Foz

BY THE EIGHT! WHAT IN OBLIVION IS THAT!?!
A we guide to the method i have found makes leveling alchemy Easy, Quick and gives you the ultimate potions, with a wee suprise for glitchers at the end :)

This Guide will require the following of you to begin:

1 - a high level of Enchanting - teir 4 of magnitude (Level 60+)
2 - 3 FALMER HELMETS (light armor version Obtainable in Dwarven Ruins, or Shivermist Cave)
3 - 3 of each of the following, Leather Bracers (or similer), Ring's, Neckless's, Circlets (unenchanted)
4 - A Collection of the following - Deathbells, Garlic and Salt Piles - id recommend 200+ of each
(Deathbells can be irritating to hord, try the Marshes By Morthal, Alchemst Shops etc, salt
and garlic can be found in most Homes, Pubs and anywhere with a kitchen really)
5 - 15 Grand Soul Gems/Black Soul Gems (Filled)
6 - Some Base Enchanting potions, Elixers are best but Philters would do or any as long as its +15%^)
7 - Ingredients for the Full Power potions you want after leveling, i.e marksmen, Resist fire etc...
8 - Learn the Fortify Alchemy Enchantment by disenchanting an item of Alchemy Fortification
9 - The Theaf stone effect + sleep 24hrs in a bed you own to give you 30% added leveling speed
(if your married sleep with your spouce to gain Couples Love Buff - +15% leveling speed)
10 - Snowberrys, Hagraven Claws, I Think Blue Mountain Flowers, any amount as long as 3-4
of each for enchanting potions later
11 - FOR THE GLITCH - ILL EXPLAIN AT THE END :)

THE GUIDE

Firstly your going to need your ingredients, enchantable gear & potions & Gems on you, go to Dragons reach in White run when all of the above list is finished,

To begin, use 1 potion to enchant 1 ring, 1 neckless, 1 circlet, 1 Bracers and 1 Falmer Helmet with "Fortify Alchemy" depending on the potion and your enchanting level each item should now offer a 20-25% increase of your alchemy potency when creating potions, equip all these items, as you will notice you can equip a circlet and falmer helmet together, with all these equiped check active powers to make sure you have 5 Fortify Alcemy enchantments active.

Go to the alchemy table, and make a potion using the deathbells, salt piles and Garlic to make a "poison of Slow" and just keep hitting the create button, and your alchemy skill will fly up as it has 3 active, powerful effects in this poison, Damage Magika Regen, Heath Regen and Slow i think.

Once your skills at 100, (may take more or less than 200 individual ingrediants thats what it took me the last time) but yeah, once your skills at 100 use the perks you have to select all 5 of the alchemy magnitude perks, 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, 100% and the first 2 perks benefactor and Physician, although for poisoners you will require the Poisoner Perk also.

Keep wearing your equipment and make a potion of enchanting, which will have a magnitude of approx +35%, and only 30 seconds to use,

Use that to enchant another set of alchemy gear 1 helmet, ring, neckless, bracers and circlet
giveing (depending on your skill in enchanting 29% per item)

equip the new equipment and use that to make the ULTIMATE Enchanting potion of 37%,

use your new potions to make what ever you like, weapon enchantments, smithing (is my personal recommendation, +147% smithing skill? plus enchanted smithing items, at 29% eachas near as makes no diffrence +300% skills :)

(spoiler alert i beleve now i think theres an armor set added in Dragonborn that lets your enchantments have 10% greater magnitude, if so and you have it use that to make the final potion for an even higher enchantment potion, this guide for mainly starting out on a new character, where its unlikely you will have this armor set)

Now for the glitch once you have your Ultimate Enchanting Potion's, why not go 1 further, and make the REDICULOUS potions???
You will need Cyrodillic Spadtails, salt piles, abeacean Longfins, small perils and small antlers, any othe those 20 indeviduals of theseto make Fortify Restoration potions.

Now eqiuip your alchemy gear and SAVE YOUR GAME INCASE YOU WANT TO RELOAD BEFORE THIS!

V<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
1 - make 1 Fortify Restoration Potion, ^
2 - leave the table, ^
3 - unequip your gear ^
4 - drink the restoration potion you just make, ^
5 - Equip your alchemy equipment, ^
6 - REPEAT FROM STAGE 1 ^
V ^
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>^

Reapeat as much as you want but after a while the numbers will drop into NEGITIVE Figures and the potions will be useless, id recomend 8-10 repeats as a maximum,

with this effect from the last retoration potion u make create the desired potion, marksmen, sneak what ever you wish and you will have a Telephone Number as a magnitude lol quite funny infinite carry wieght, magicka, health etc

ENJOY :)

Bone Of The Foz

NO PROBS HOPE IT HELPS, THATS MY WAY ANYWAYS LOL

Salmon Roe is very valuable for making expensive or longlasting Waterbreathing potions. You can get it by "killing" the jumping salmon at the waterfalls and harvesting the roe downstream. A simple flame spell works well.

Bone Of The Foz

Now i DID NOT KNOW that, i often wondered how to harvest that) nice one :)

Bone Of The Foz

even after my 3000 hrs ingame im still learning new things, ahh the wonders of skyrim!

Bone Of The Foz

Yeah, I Have a Mild form of aggrophobia, so hate being out side lol Xbox/PC keeps me intouch with a sort of socal life lol shocking to think ive spent the best part of 150 days sat infront of the xbox, mind you if you count my Call of Duty Hours into that must be close to years by now lol

Serana (In Forsworn Armor :) ) Says "Yes, Do You Need Anything?" (a million times a minute.....)

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
Here is what I do with Alchemy which may help you to spend less ingredients overall :
> Get you Alchemy perks up to Benefactor
> Enchant 3 items : ring, necklace and circlet ( or gloves ) with the base enchanting which is 25% each one of them
> Get you RESTORATION ingredients : Alecean Longfin, Spadatli ( whatever it is ), Small Antlers, Small Pearls and Salt Pile
> Get your ENCHANTING ingredients : Blue butterfly wings, Hagraven Claw, Spiggran Sap and Snowberries
> Wear your enchanted with Alchemy ring, necklace and circlet
> Create your first RESTORATION potion, drink it and un-equip your alchemy items and immediately equip them again
> Repeat the above procedure 3 or 4 times
> Create your FIRST ENCHANTING potion; this potion should be around 2k % of enchanting ( you need about 3 of these )
> Continue creating RESTORATION potions to increase the enchanting level and potency till you get around 80 - 100k
> Create more ENCHANTING potions using the previous level ( these are the potions you will need to improve your armor, helmet, boots, gloves, ring and necklace with whatever effect you desire on them : I usually have Fortify Health and Stamina on my armor; Fortify Magic + Magic Reg on my hood / helmet; Fortify One-handed + Sneaking on my boots; Fortify Archery + Lockpicking on my gloves; Fortify Light Armor + Destruction on my ring and Resist Magic + Fortify Conjuration on my necklace. Each one of them will have now around 600k of potency )

The first ENCHANTING potions that you create ( number 4 from top to bottom ) are not that powerful but I use those to create a ring or a necklace / gloves ( whatever you want ) with FORTIFY SMITHING only ... you will get around 4k % of smithing on that item and that is the item you will wear to improve and increase your weapons / armors ( smithing ); also I use one of those potion to create another item with FORTIFY ALCHEMY only. Now this last item will have around 4k % of alchemy. If you wear this item to create more ENCHANTING potions, you will not need that many of ingredients because you already are at 4k instead 25%. Probably with only 1 RESTORATION ingredient ( one loop ) you should be able to get the same potency on ENCHANTING potions than before but with ONLY 1 ingredient ( alecean, salt pile, etc ).

You can create different items with different percentages of potency levels enchanted with ALCHEMY or SMITHING and that way, when you find the right amount that you need, you don’t need anymore to create potions anymore because you will have an item already enchanted with the potency that you need. For example, I do have a ring enchanted with ALCHEMY to 411% and I use three more items enchanted with the basic alchemy ( 25% each one of them ) so when I wear them, I do have 411 + 75 = 486 % alchemy. Just by wearing those items, I use the ENCHANTING ingredients : Blue butterfly, Hagraven Claw, Spiggan Sap and Snowberries and I do create ENCHANTING potions with 88% of power. Those are the one I use to enchant my WEAPONS only. If I use one of those on my dagger for example, I end up having : 60 absorb life + 188 chaos.
Now, once I finish enchanting my dagger, I wear my SMITHING RING / NECKLACE / GLOVES or any other item enchanted with FORTIFY SMITHING up to 4k and proceed to increase my dagger damage. Now my dagger is 1,787 damage.

The idea is to create potions to enchant different levels of ALCHEMY and SMITHING to spend less ingredients and quicken your time spent creating those potions. Just my 2 cents. :) For some players this is not right; for me is what I want. It may help you or it may not but remember, Alchemy, Enchanting and Smithing are right there for you to use them. It is up to you what level you want of damage or enchanting on your weapon, armors and items. Too powerful ? Play MASTER and you will have fun and now with LEGENDARY, it will still be challenging.

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
Out of curiousity, are these done on the PC or a console?

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
Con

Console, I use PS3 and I do not have any doubt that you can do it in PC and probably easier and more.

I just asked, because most of the time these are submitted by players on computers. I am on the XBox, so I might have to look into this.

Thanks to you both, orca45 & Bone Of The Foz, for sharing these tips.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
What level should I have my enchanting before starting your guide orca45?

Well, there are enchanting potions that you can buy from merchants before you reach level 100 by spoiling the Oghma Infinium. Before you get the book, only using those enchanter potion is the answer. Regarding my guide, it was made for you to get the Oghma Infinium faster than you possibly can. I don’t know if you have the Skyrim Official playbook and if you do, you can see there are quests that you can not avoid and those are the one I selected in my suggestion.
If you follow my guide, make sure you save the file game before you start using the book in the bookshelf, so that way, if you ever want to re-start a new game, then you can use that file to start from that point on. By doing so, you will be able to use your perks in a different way according to the class you want to play.
A couple of days ago I started a new game ( from my saved file ) and I chose 330 magic, 385 Health and 415 Stamina and my perks were used to play as an assassin : Sneak, Light Armor, Illusion Magic, One-Handed, Archery, Enchanting, Alchemy and Smithing and with my Alchemy, Enchanting and Smithing level, using my ingredients, I do have a dragonbone dagger with 941 base damage enchanted with Absorb Health and Chaos. Now I am enjoying my new game using Illusion + Conjuration + Sneaking to kill using my MAYHEM spell and it is awesome. They do not see me at all and after I cast my spell, they start killing each other and I complement it by conjuring a Dremora Lord or a Storm Atronach and it is absolutely awesome. Just my 2 cents bro. If you have more questions, please do not hesitate ... :bluedragon:

Bone Of The Foz

What level should I have my enchanting before starting your guide orca45?

mine was exclusively xbox, but i do know these can be done on pc to,
as to enchanting level, i'd wait untill your at LEVEL 80 ANYWAYS TO GET THE FULL BENEFIT OF ENCHANTMENTS ON YOUR ALCHEMY GEAR, this way you use less ingrediants,. but if u glitch it using the resto potion you can infact do it with ur enchantiong at 20-40, just takes longer and more resto potions :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts