1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    Dismiss Notice

18+ Aftermath (A Post-Mass Effect 3 Roleplay)

Discussion in 'Skyrim Roleplaying' started by Simus, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Blitzz

Blitzz A Friendly Brit

It'll either be a game that makes me turn my back on dice forever or that I play for the next ten years

2. Seanu Reaves

Seanu Reaves The American Demon

3. Simus

Simus An Excellent Site Member

I am genuinely excited about battlefront. The name DICE threw me at first though. I immediately thought they were advertising a d20 based Star Wars game. Which would suck. What the company DICE is advertising, and what EA is already grasping with its slick black tentacles and quite likely indoctrinating the debs into husks for, looks freaking awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  4. EpicVakarian

EpicVakarian Calibration-Master General

To some, yes. But there are a few major reasons I am almost certainly going to despise DICE forever more after Battlefront comes out:
    • Every Battlefield game since 2011 has been a carbon copy of the last one.
    • It's almost a certainty Battlefront will be a Battlefield clone.
    • Hence Battlefront will be a Battlefield 3 clone.
    • I got fed up of Battlefield 3 after playing it for 20 minutes.
    • If this is the case, it will ruin my memories of Battlefront 2, one of the greatest games of my childhood.
    • fl*ff EA.
    • I hate EA in pretty much every way.
    • fl*ff EA again.
    That is all.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Blitzz

Blitzz A Friendly Brit

I agree with points 1, 6, 7 and 8. However, they're already breaking away from BF by scrapping Classes and Squads, and we haven't seen any gameplay yet so it's hard to judge.

6. EpicVakarian

EpicVakarian Calibration-Master General

Chances are, either Battlefront will be just the usual EA utter DLC-filled, money-grabbing crap, or it'll be something reasonably okay that I still likely won't play anyway. I'm just putting my money on the former. I've got little to no trust in DICE in any case, since I've not enjoyed a single DICE game I've ever played; I am interested (not excited at all, just intrigued) about the Visceral game, and I trust Bioware enough to do well by Star Wars in what's likely to be a new KotOR game. But Battlefront; I've long since given up hope. I was wary from the moment it was announced DICE would be developing it, to be brutally honest, and now I've just gone from wary to full-on "whatever, I don't fluffing care any more".

• Like Like x 1
  7. Simus

Unless Battlefront has a solid single player campaign, I won't play it. Online multiplayer has kind of gone to shot with micropayments and unreliable servers and other people....being other people.

8. T. Rakinson

T. Rakinson A Brute among Beasts

EA servers... gah!
    I never did get to enjoy Garden Warfares multiplayer. The single player mode got boring quick, so overall a waste of £30.
    I never played Battlefront 2 online, however. Assuming it's available for Xbox, i'll consider the purchase. Just found out about the EA thing though.
    And now I shall depart from this thread as quickly as I arrived...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Simus

You can stay you know. There's cookies on the table. Have one. They're good.

• Like Like x 1
  10. T. Rakinson

Hmm... perhaps I will. Soon. I can't be far of completing the last game now, and these cookies you speak of only sweeten the deal... ;)

11. CapObvious

CapObvious A Rotten Scroungeral

Sorry for the delay, my posts for this and treasures are both almost complete. Working on them with my iPad as I have no working computer, so it's taking me a bit longer than id like. But I assure you, they'll both be up soon, simus

• Like Like x 2
  12. Simus

I've been there before and I commend you for some real dedication. It's a pain in the ass to post on an iPad. Especially when your keyboard decides an entire row of keys don't work!

13. CapObvious

CapObvious A Rotten Scroungeral

Well, I got the Aftermath post completed, should be up now. I was able to push through to get it finished, but I think I'll need a minute before I can do the same with Treasures. That one's got a LOT of content. Haha

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. T. Rakinson

My morning...
    lxozz.jpg

15. Simus

So now you know about The Ending. And you got the extended cut like a responsible gamer right?

16. T. Rakinson

Yes I did. I decided to see the alternate endings that fans still arent happy about.
    I get what everyone's on about; its the end of the series, they want consequence, not choice. But I believe Bioware's original intent (regardless of what they say in the media) was that you determined the fate of the galaxy, and everyone in it. And you see the consequences of that decision, all that you've done throughout the series, Who you've loved, lost, and granted a better life. (For me) rallying the forces of the galaxy was about buying the Protagonist some time. Characters were saying it all along, Reapers were not something they could defeat with conventional weaponry.
    Instead of a generic game ending where the player gets the secret weapon and defeats the villians, that weapon is alive, and makes you think about what you're about to do. You set out to murder the murder machines, but then discover that they're product of a misunderstanding, mere puppets for a age-old protocol. I know, so what? They are still monsters... I'm going off topic.
    Basically, I have no problem with it, as the credits role I offer a round of applause.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Skyrimosity

Skyrimosity Fine Southern Gentleman

I want to write up a post... but I'm really confused as to what Joe would be doing right now

18. Seanu Reaves

Seanu Reaves The American Demon

Same. Was gonna ask. Where Artemis is (sorry summer school is whipping me)

19. Simus

Artemis is with Shepard, Kain, vex and Kenzi. Artemis and Kail stabilized that burning space station, then came down here in the shuttle. I really want @EpicVakarian to post for Areyn and get the ship airborne. Do some space battles. As for Joe, he could be feverishly trying to contact any Alliance forces or the fleet at Nirvana. Or he could join the ground team without orders and argue to Alice that he can get the base comma back up and would therefore do more good groundside. Maybe Artemis could see the Huak-filled Cerberus cruiser in the distance. maybe @CapObvious could post again and warn us. There are many options here.

20. Blitzz

Blitzz A Friendly Brit

What can Roki do?