Advisor to Total Beginner

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

donnie

OK, a bit lost with the "equip" term - does that mean, YOU (your character) is now equipped with the thing? or something else? lik, you are now wearing the armor, or carrying the sword in your sheath. ya? - so, then, if you Y it, it's your favourite (see that "proper English" there?), so why have a favrit, (proper speling), is it faster to "get" when you need it, like a potion, - so why not have EVERYTHING your fav?

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.

donnie

To equip armor and weapons scroll to the required item then click the right trigger to equip it. If you press Y you can add it your favourites, you can access your favourites at any time by pressing up on the D Pad.
OK, so by "equip" that means to Put On The Armor, or take a sip of potion and like that - am i understanding the term "equp" correctly - btw - that link you sent with all the keys on all the platforms is very helpful (that was you, ya?)

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
You got it, Donnie. Equip simply means you're either wearing it (like armor or a shield), using it or will use it (like weapons). You can't equip potions. You take it/drink it and the potion's gone from your inventory. Whereas with weapons and apparel, you can either equip the item or unequip it without losing it from your inventory. Just be sure not to drop it, then you gotta look around on the ground to pick it back up. Unless of course, you really wanted to drop it in the first place.

donnie

You got it, Donnie. Equip simply means you're either wearing it (like armor or a shield), using it or will use it (like weapons). You can't equip potions. You take it/drink it and the potion's gone from your inventory. Whereas with weapons and apparel, you can either equip the item or unequip it without losing it from your inventory. Just be sure not to drop it, then you gotta look around on the ground to pick it back up. Unless of course, you really wanted to drop it in the first place.
OK, thank you for specific answer on that one ( i always say the only "dumb" question is the one you DON'T ask) I'm sure you got the pun on that one - In the meantime, we just totally started a new game, after setting the level down to "novice", already things are going much smoother - now if we can just find the sword somewhere - thanks again - we MAY be back for more!

dunklunk

Good on ya, Donnie. You and your brother start kicking some Covenant ass! No wait, that's another game! Go after them bandits stupid enough to cross your path. ;)

donnie

Good on ya, Donnie. You and your brother start kicking some Covenant ass! No wait, that's another game! Go after them bandits stupid enough to cross your path. ;)
WELL - we seem to have a knack for finding things to get stuck on - so, after a battle with some bad guys (actually, a bad girl), we pick up her mace, since we killed her - and it keeps floating around in front of us - not sure how to stash it in our bag, or what, and really not too sure how we finally got rid of it - that ALSO happened with a dead guy (dead mage in the torture chamber cell) whose stuff we took, and then we had this corpse hanging on us - not sure, again how we actually got rid of him. THEN, we get all the way to Whiterun (killing wolves along the way), meet a couple people, and then a guard of some sort, to whom we can only reply - ok,jail, or - well it doesn't matter - the button got pushed - is it possible to get out of jail? we tried destroying the door, and the ceiling beams with magik fire, but finally had to give up and go back to Alvor's place in Riverwood. Other things are starting to work better; we have a sword and able to pick locks, and - oh, one more thing (as Columbo always says) - when you do a save, or the game does an autosave, is your LAST save at the bottom or top of the list, or somewhere else? Kind of hard to tell at this point. Appreciate the help, DunKlunk!

dunklunk

Most recent saves are at the top, Donnie, whether you save or the game saves. You can break out of jail by picking the lock and then sneaking out. Don't forget your gear on the way out! Look for it in chests marked as Evidence. Or, you can just serve your time and they'll release you. With an ankle bracelet on of course. Nah, just joking. Jails do vary though, as some are easier to break out of than others.

donnie

Most recent saves are at the top, Donnie, whether you save or the game saves. You can break out of jail by picking the lock and then sneaking out. Don't forget your gear on the way out! Look for it in chests marked as Evidence. Or, you can just serve your time and they'll release you. With an ankle bracelet on of course. Nah, just joking. Jails do vary though, as some are easier to break out of than others.
Had no idea how much "time" we'd have to serve - no trial of course - and we were OUT of lockpicks....so I guess we could have waited - 60 seconds? 60 minutes? 60 days? had plenty of left hand fire....
And i THOUGHT the most recent saves were at the top - thanks for the confirmation - a couple of them may have been deleted when i wasn't there (the brother is very persistent - that's good) - so the order seemed strange - and he may have inadvertently X'd em out, not quite catching on to the CONTINUE yet -
At least we're getting real good on the first few scenes...
SO - what about the items (including corpses) that get "stuck" on you - do you just "go" to get rid of them? - they eventually disappeared, but don't know what we did to get rid of them. I'm talking about things that we "take", or like search a dead guy -
And the guiard in Whiterun - should we just go ahead and fight, or just make sure we have lockpicks - ALSO i think it said ADEPT at the bottom of the lockpick suggestion, and we had scaled back to NOVICE for starters so we may not have been able to pick the lock....

dunklunk

Not sure what's going on with the "stuck" bit. When you say disappeared, do you mean the item is totally gone from your inventory? If so, I have no idea what's going on with that. Just remember if you choose to fight a guard, the rest of 'em will come after you, too. So unless you can call in an airstrike, I'd leave those dudes alone. And the ADEPT for the lockpicking is probably just referring to the lockpick's difficulty, not the game difficulty since you said you scaled that back to NOVICE. You and your bro are having fun, right? :)

donnie

No, (thanks again for all the help), by "stuck" , the mace just floated in front of us until it dropped onto a table that were trying to get potion off of - never DID appear in inventory - and the corpse dragged along like he was tied to your foot or something, and finally dropped off - weird - and, the guard thing (i DID play RedGuard years ago) rings a bell - we won't pick a fight with an army - and thanks for that link - every bit helps - and YES, we're defintely having FUN - today he finally let me control for awhile (yes, twas I landed us in jail) - but the whole way he was having a blast barking commands and NOT having to navigate - i guess it IS easier watching someone else do it - but he's really taken to the game, so however he plays, it's going good. The whole interactive scenery and game play activity is VERY engaging....And those Nordian accents are still just a gas - we're only a few miles from Lake Wobegon, doncha know...

dunklunk

Okay, the way you described the mace happens to me quite often. Usually, if the item floats, I just tap A to drop it, and then tap it again to pick it up. Same thing with corpses. Sometimes you'll drag 'em along when all you wanna do is search 'em. Again tap A to drop 'em and again to (hopefully) search them. Sorry, Donnie, but your bro sounds like a true Imperial. Good to hear you two are enjoying the game.

donnie

There are a couple of skyrim "wiki"s that offer very detailed walk throughs of even the smallest quests. these will help you a lot in knowing where to look for things and what course of action to follow. The ones I like best are www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Skrim. And elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Skyrim. In either one of these you can find lists of all the quests and use those to learn what to expect.
RedVideo - thanks for the wiki link - although the last Skyrim is missing a "Y" - but found it and fixed it with duct tape - lots of gud stuff, ya?

donnie

Okay, the way you described the mace happens to me quite often. Usually, if the item floats, I just tap A to drop it, and then tap it again to pick it up. Same thing with corpses. Sometimes you'll drag 'em along when all you wanna do is search 'em. Again tap A to drop 'em and again to (hopefully) search them. Sorry, Donnie, but your bro sounds like a true Imperial. Good to hear you two are enjoying the game.
Dunklunk - OK, we must have hit A along the way, furiously flailing at buttons, gud to remember....
Yes, bro is one of a kind - i'll let him hear of your remark...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts