Advice on character building and mods

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Silk Zither

After getting totally fed up with all the bugs introduced in the latest skyrim patch and a few issues with the unofficial ones on nexus, I decided to take a break from skyrim until they're all fixed.

Meanwhile, I've decided to revisit OBLIVION! I've merely started playing Oblivion 2 years ago when I got too eager and moved on to Skyrim, so oblivion is a fresh game to me.

Anyway, I need some advice on character building (skills etc) and Mods.

1. Character building:
I like to create my own unique character (roleplay), but don't want to end up restarting the game a thousand times like I did in skyrim because of bad skill or perk spreads. Any character build sites like "theskyrimblog.com" that can give me some good advice on a solid character build? Any useless skills I should avoid, etc?

My favourite build in skyrim was playing a combat archer with conjuration (for tanking); I also enjoyed playing as a sword and shield paladin (shield bash!). A pure mage in skyrim never attracted me, as I don't want to miss out on all the cool looking armor (and smithing!), but I always have spells to supplement my character. So, how does archery and conjuration fair in oblivion? Maybe a sword and shield paladin build would be the safer route for a first timer?

Mods: recommendations? Any essential ones like SkyUI of skyrim? I know the leveling system is a pain, so I'm going to download the mod that allows me to level like skyrim.

Also, I know graphics may be less appealing, but I'm not picky about that. However, if there is a well made graphical mod out there that actually makes a striking difference to the original game (without introducing a ton of annoying bugs in the process), then please let me know.

Cheers!

Cren Reon

Lord Mustard
After getting totally fed up with all the bugs introduced in the latest skyrim patch and a few issues with the unofficial ones on nexus, I decided to take a break from skyrim until they're all fixed.

Meanwhile, I've decided to revisit OBLIVION! I've merely started playing Oblivion 2 years ago when I got too eager and moved on to Skyrim, so oblivion is a fresh game to me.

Anyway, I need some advice on character building (skills etc) and Mods.

1. Character building:
I like to create my own unique character (roleplay), but don't want to end up restarting the game a thousand times like I did in skyrim because of bad skill or perk spreads. Any character build sites like "theskyrimblog.com" that can give me some good advice on a solid character build? Any useless skills I should avoid, etc?

My favourite build in skyrim was playing a combat archer with conjuration (for tanking); I also enjoyed playing as a sword and shield paladin (shield bash!). A pure mage in skyrim never attracted me, as I don't want to miss out on all the cool looking armor (and smithing!), but I always have spells to supplement my character. So, how does archery and conjuration fair in oblivion? Maybe a sword and shield paladin build would be the safer route for a first timer?

Mods: recommendations? Any essential ones like SkyUI of skyrim? I know the leveling system is a pain, so I'm going to download the mod that allows me to level like skyrim.

Also, I know graphics may be less appealing, but I'm not picky about that. However, if there is a well made graphical mod out there that actually makes a striking difference to the original game (without introducing a ton of annoying bugs in the process), then please let me know.

Cheers!

The build you are talking about is the witchier. It is allot better in oblivion because you do not have to de equip your bow to cast. IMO oblivion is way better for magic users.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Indri Master

Dremora
Avoid the Blunt skill. huehuehuehue

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts