Xbox 360 adaptations to being vampiric,advantages.joining harkon.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jonathan90

well known member
i just recently joined harkon.and when i first became vampiric ,no one was freindly at first.but then i feel i am starting to adapt as a vampire.and build up my powers and skills as i was not vampiric.my question to this post is..how do i aquire vampire perks and adapt more?what are the advantages joining the vampire family?

Keiran Waugh

Badass Cannibal Cupcake
First of all, you can gain more vampire perks and powers in the Vampire Lord skill tree. To access this, use your vampire lord power to turn into a Vampire Lord, then press the button you'd use to open the screen with Magic, Items, Map and Levels on it. I use my Xbox remote so I don't know the PC binding. You'll need to kill people with the magic in your right hand to advance this skill tree's individual XP system. When you've got a perk point, just spend it in the same way you would normally with skill points.

As for the second... I think you become more powerful in the Magicka side of things... especially when you find the blood rings and when you use the Chalice. But at the same time it makes it harder to battle some dragons due to the weakness to fire. Also, the whole weakness to sunlight thing makes things harder.

All in all, the Dawnguard doesn't really leave you with any long-term perks, aside form a crossbow and some fancy armour.... but choosing the vampire storyline leaves you with some pretty powerful things. You can't get any followers from the vampire side of things, aside from Serana, because as I said, the Vampire side of things is a much more individual style, whereas Dawnguard is more team-orientated.

Hope that's useful to some degree.

jonathan90

well known member
look i tried it but,dawngaurd is so much better then harkon.because harkon is a dickhead anyway.

Adam Warlock

A sweet piece of equipment for vampires is the Ahzidal Dragon Priest Mask(Dragonborn dlc).

A fire destruction boost of 25% but more importantly a 50% resistance to fire.
If you have Necromage perk , it`s effects are boosted by 25%.

Alternatives are the Ancient Helmet of the Unburned (40%) and Otar(30% all elements)

You can`t do custom enchants like this on headgear

A good potion to carry around is made from Dragon`s Tongue , Fly Amanita , and Mora Tapinella.
This brew has 4 beneficial effects , most important to vampires are Resist Fire and Fortify Illusion.

Keiran Waugh

Badass Cannibal Cupcake
look i tried it but,dawngaurd is so much better then harkon.because harkon is a dickhead anyway.

Fair point. But in the end, you turn on Harkon anyways, just after you find the Moth Priest.

And hey, nothing is stopping you from going back and doing it all again.... although the mission in Forgotten Vale is far too long, as is the Soul Cairn.

jonathan90

well known member
First of all, you can gain more vampire perks and powers in the Vampire Lord skill tree. To access this, use your vampire lord power to turn into a Vampire Lord, then press the button you'd use to open the screen with Magic, Items, Map and Levels on it. I use my Xbox remote so I don't know the PC binding. You'll need to kill people with the magic in your right hand to advance this skill tree's individual XP system. When you've got a perk point, just spend it in the same way you would normally with skill points.

As for the second... I think you become more powerful in the Magicka side of things... especially when you find the blood rings and when you use the Chalice. But at the same time it makes it harder to battle some dragons due to the weakness to fire. Also, the whole weakness to sunlight thing makes things harder.

All in all, the Dawnguard doesn't really leave you with any long-term perks, aside form a crossbow and some fancy armour.... but choosing the vampire storyline leaves you with some pretty powerful things. You can't get any followers from the vampire side of things, aside from Serana, because as I said, the Vampire side of things is a much more individual style, whereas Dawnguard is more team-orientated.

Hope that's useful to some degree.
that's very informative ,but.....being a vampire in my opinion is just sick.because they must be slaughtered ,all of these vampires scum keep innocent cattle thralls of innocent frightened trafficking in people who get fed on.and all vampires in my opinion will face the end of my enhanced dwarven bolt up there asses!!!!

Keiran Waugh

Badass Cannibal Cupcake
that's very informative ,but.....being a vampire in my opinion is just sick.because they must be slaughtered ,all of these vampires scum keep innocent cattle thralls of innocent frightened trafficking in people who get fed on.and all vampires in my opinion will face the end of my enhanced dwarven bolt up there asses!!!!

Ah, tad of a human supremist are you? Hehe.

Straumgald

I personally have no interest in the vampire side of the DLC, especially after seeing what vampire lord looks like, its horrible. I really do want to complete it just to enjoy all the content though.

Wondering what character to use, I do have a vampire conjurer from before the DLC, I guess the best part would be the blood potions for her, since she already breezes through on legendary. A good Dead thrall will do that!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts