About me (or me/my char in Skyrim)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JClarke1953

I've been considering doing something as far as my char is concerned. I think more or less writing of how she got to where she is, stuff like that. The thing about me writing about my char is she is female, and even though I'm male, I'd try to write from her POV.

Also, I've done much writing in the past, however, it leaned towards more physical, well, perhaps "R"-rated, and even "X" or "M" rated as my writing can become quite explicit. I am also a history buff in a way, and know that ofttimes the female gender didn't fare to well among men, unless they were, or became strong.

So, if I do get started, under what Forum or section would be best? And how far into detail's is permitted, as I realize there are much younger people playing Skyrim, although I've no idea how many or whom reads what.

I tried looking for guidelines, but was unable to find them, as I'm unsure of where to post.

Anyhow, just a thought of something I've been thinking of, and wondered how, or if what is permitted here without causing problems.

Thank you for you help and consideration on this.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
I've been considering doing something as far as my char is concerned. I think more or less writing of how she got to where she is, stuff like that. The thing about me writing about my char is she is female, and even though I'm male, I'd try to write from her POV.

Also, I've done much writing in the past, however, it leaned towards more physical, well, perhaps "R"-rated, and even "X" or "M" rated as my writing can become quite explicit. I am also a history buff in a way, and know that ofttimes the female gender didn't fare to well among men, unless they were, or became strong.

These are some tools you can use in order to create a story. The images below, are little character cards when you can write down some basics about your character. They are slightly different, though.

ZPYJZpy.png

skyrim_character_template_by_piratelordridley-d4ljl5h.jpg

You can go to this website for some questions about your character. Answering them makes you think more about where she actually comes from and who she is. Credits to AS88 for showing me the black image I posted above and showing me this link. :p

And here is another website where you can get information about character builds. I assume you already established the build of your char, but it might still come in handy.

So, if I do get started, under what Forum or section would be best? And how far into detail's is permitted, as I realize there are much younger people playing Skyrim, although I've no idea how many or whom reads what.

I tried looking for guidelines, but was unable to find them, as I'm unsure of where to post.

Anyhow, just a thought of something I've been thinking of, and wondered how, or if what is permitted here without causing problems.

Thank you for you help and consideration on this.

If you are going to write about your character regularly, you might post it under Fan Fiction. If it is just a bio you write, you can also put it in a blog. But my guess is as good as yours.
If you want to make sure you don't get called out on writing too explicit, give your thread an 18+ rating. If a minor chooses to read it, that is his choice. At least you can't be held accountable for it.

I hope this was useful to you. :)

JClarke1953

It is! It is! I had read a few other's about them (or char's), and had been thinking of that myself. Just didn't want to get something started if unapproved, or at least knowing if I would need to "turn down the heat" so to speak.

I'm guessing the card's you showed above can be printed out, and used for "Cliff notes" to keep track of what, when, where and how.

When I get started, and if something is read that seems, well, it won't be a problem to make adjustments.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
I open those cards up in paint, open a textbox to fill it in, and copy/paste an image of my character on top of it. Then I save it on my pc. The first image has a little grey dot on the lower right corner. You have to ctrl+x it and then paste it on the bar on the upper right corner.

JClarke1953

A thanks to AS88 from me as well for that link he gave you! That gives me a great way to begin her, and for me to provide as "realistic" profile/history of her, and how she became what and who she is.

JClarke1953

Ahh, no PC, and my laptop, well, too lazy to mess with it, lol! But I can write it down on cards I have, and print out what the link shows as far as "my" history, "my" past.

I was also wondering, how is the writing best received? In first or third person? I prefer first person, as it helps for the POV seem more "realistic".

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
First person is a bit more difficult, but it can work out fine. To me it feels like writing in the present instead of the past: after a few chapters you can find out it is only limiting you and if you aren't cautious, mistakes might sneak in. It takes a bit more effort, but that makes it interesting too. :)

JClarke1953

Well, only one way to see. I know doing a POV in the present is much different than a "past life". And I can always make changes where/when requested/needed. I'm kind of a "grammar nazi", lol, former literature geek.

Lol! I was going to begin, and my wife tells me "Simply Irresistible" is on!

AS88

Staff member
Sounds like it should probably go into the Fan Fiction section. If you're concerned about the rating, you could try to tone it down a little and put a 18+ tag on it to make sure.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts