PC A tip on getting rid of visible landscape tiling

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
If you can't install very high res textures, and even if you do, you may see tiling on the ground when you look at areas in-between close and far. I believe this happens because of incorrect SkyrimPrefs.ini settings.

The level of detail (LOD) is supposed to fade at a certain distance so that when you look from far you don't see the textures tiling. This seems to be governed by the following:

[TerrainManager]

fBlockLevel0Distance=40000.0000
fBlockLevel1Distance=100000.0000
fSplitDistanceMult=1.5000
bLandscapeBlend=1

The best values for these settings probably depend on resolution ,uGrids, and other things.
Basically, "Level" refers to "level of fade of detail" with 0 geing NO fade and full detail.

SO, the gist is: if you get the high level of detail to fade away not too far from you, then you will not see tiling in the distance.Like in real life, your eyes cannot focus on details on the landscape after a certain distance.

This means that fBlockLevel0Distance must be much lower than fBlockLevel1Distance for this blurring of detail to happen.

You'll probably need to play with the values on your system, i have ugridstoload=5 and running on low resolution and have decent results with these values, tested in the plains around Whiterun. Big views!

Correct me if I'm wrong ....

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts