• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

feliciano182

Thinking about Mass Effect these days, I remembered how much I enjoyed the Suicide Mission in the second entry, I think it's a true landmark in videogames, yet to be achieved by many many other games in similar genres.

So I thought, fantasizing mostly, what about some DLC that offered a "suicide mission" type of quest for Skyrim ? You'd have to go all over Skyrim, mostly through the guilds, hiring warriors, mages, thiefs, assasins, equiping them properly, planning the assault, and overall making sure they're ready for the endeavor, depending on who you choose for example, would yield different outcomes or even conflicts, can you imagine the look on Vilkas' face once he meets Cicero ?Instant hilarity I say !

PLEASE, take note, this is not a topic to discuss Mass Effect nor to complain about one game or other, but for the purposes of contemplating and discussing an idea.

I think it would be fun, but it might seem a bit too inspired by Mass Effect. Besides, I don't think that anyone would willingly throw out a character that they worked so hard on, when the ending is made by Bethesda. Bethesda is pretty bad a story telling.

feliciano182

I think it would be fun, but it might seem a bit too inspired by Mass Effect. Besides, I don't think that anyone would willingly throw out a character that they worked so hard on, when the ending is made by Bethesda. Bethesda is pretty bad a story telling.

I've never been bothered by developers "borrowing" stuff from each other, after all, the best artists constantly steal from their peers. In this case, the words "Suicide" and "Mission" would have to be removed, if only to hide such a blatant rip-off :D ! However, I really can't think of any phrase to convey the same idea behind a "suicide mission", mostly because of the "medieval" setting.

I don't think I understand what you mean by "throwing out a character", could you explain ?

Also, I wouldn't say Bethesda is "pretty bad" at story telling, I think people don't acknowledge how the nature of the game actively interferes or blocks the story significantly.

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
Magnus Effect 2

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts