A small rant about the elder scrolls games

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Ok guys. Ive got a bit of a rant, With all these elder scrolls fanboys, not giving Skyrim the attention it deserves. We know Skyrim came out in 2009, and it looked fluffing amazing and still looks really good, the vibrant colors really pop out among the environment and the areas are diverse, it was the first game that featured such an large scale open world map, with branching exploration options and villages that felt real. The world was in an political chaos, the stormcloaks, an fleshed out, band of warriors fighting for their homeland and rights to praise Jesus Christ. While the dirty Thalmor destroy the land of Skyrim with there oppression. While dragons reborn themselfes from the dragon burials and wreck havoc on the world. An ancient dragon god named Alduin even attacks, with the intention to devour the entire world. And the guild quests are amazing too. The new fihgter guild, the companions is a tale of friendship and adventure with werewolfs so its instantly cool. Also, the thiefs guild makes you feel like an real theif. You break into houses and steal stuff and then sell it to people, it was such a revolutionary quest in my opinion. And the mages guild was so good i can't even begin to start about it. You also get a katana from the blades. The dark brotherhood was cool too because you get to kill Uriel Septim who the gold in the game "septims" is named after. So yeah its cool too. Crafting was really in-depth and overall just felt cool. So yeah guys. I just wanted to mention how awesome skyrim is compared to the other plops games in the elder scrolls. If i had to compare it to anything, i would say its the fallout 4 of the elder scrolls, because fallout 4 is the best fallout and skyrim is the best elder scrolls.

StolenSweetroll

Ok guys. Ive got a bit of a rant, With all these elder scrolls fanboys, not giving Skyrim the attention it deserves. We know Skyrim came out in 2009, and it looked fluffing amazing and still looks really good, the vibrant colors really pop out among the environment and the areas are diverse, it was the first game that featured such an large scale open world map, with branching exploration options and villages that felt real. The world was in an political chaos, the stormcloaks, an fleshed out, band of warriors fighting for their homeland and rights to praise Jesus Christ. While the dirty Thalmor destroy the land of Skyrim with there oppression. While dragons reborn themselfes from the dragon burials and wreck havoc on the world. An ancient dragon god named Alduin even attacks, with the intention to devour the entire world. And the guild quests are amazing too. The new fihgter guild, the companions is a tale of friendship and adventure with werewolfs so its instantly cool. Also, the thiefs guild makes you feel like an real theif. You break into houses and steal stuff and then sell it to people, it was such a revolutionary quest in my opinion. And the mages guild was so good i can't even begin to start about it. You also get a katana from the blades. The dark brotherhood was cool too because you get to kill Uriel Septim who the gold in the game "septims" is named after. So yeah its cool too. Crafting was really in-depth and overall just felt cool. So yeah guys. I just wanted to mention how awesome skyrim is compared to the other plops games in the elder scrolls. If i had to compare it to anything, i would say its the fallout 4 of the elder scrolls, because fallout 4 is the best fallout and skyrim is the best elder scrolls.
100 percent agree the rest of the elder scrolls series is absolute dogplops just look at the graphics, at least eso had the decency to have multiplayer , fluff. The next game should definitely be skyrim 2 to separate it from that smelly ass that is the rest of the elder scrolls series

Davimiir

Yol Toor Shul!!!
Perhaps you're being slightly harsh. Elder Scrolls has been around for a long time and obviously computer technology has a great deal to do with it. The general gamer is always going to say that the latest is going to be the best I suppose. I wish I had played the previous games when they came out, but am not going to play them now because, for example, the combat looks crumby. But I can appreciate what great gaming they would've been at the time! Even the first 2!

StolenSweetroll

Perhaps you're being slightly harsh. Elder Scrolls has been around for a long time and obviously computer technology has a great deal to do with it. The general gamer is always going to say that the latest is going to be the best I suppose. I wish I had played the previous games when they came out, but am not going to play them now because, for example, the combat looks crumby. But I can appreciate what great gaming they would've been at the time! Even the first 2!
It doesn't matter how old something is , whether a it is 20 years old or freshly squeezed out a piece of plops is a price of plops u fluffing tard

It doesn't matter how old something is , whether a it is 20 years old or freshly squeezed out a piece of plops is a price of plops u fluffing tard
Glad to see someone agrees, i forgot to mention that skyrim is the only elder scrolls game that featured mod support. Which really drives home the fact its so good.

StolenSweetroll

U
Ur a fluffing imbecile

StolenSweetroll

100 percent agree the rest of the elder scrolls series is absolute dogplops just look at the graphics, at least eso had the decency to have multiplayer , fluff. The next game should definitely be skyrim 2 to separate it from that smelly ass that is the rest of the elder scrolls series

My only problem with Skyrim is its weak weapons arsenal compared to something like CoD

alceryes

Skyrim came out in 2011, not 2009.
Even though they are aged, you should try out Oblivion and Morrowind. Much of the openness that you are reveling in with Skyrim, existed in Morrowind in 2002. Story-wise, Morrowind is a masterpiece. You also have the MGSO mod that combines 20+ of the best Morrowind mods to greatly enhances the graphics, sound, and gaming experience.

Oblivion also has some modding packs (like the FCOM super pack) that make it an experience to remember, even 11+ years on.

However, I agree wholeheartedly. Skyrim is simply spectacular!

JRMoosePaul

Stormcloak Warrior
Yes Skyrim is a great game is my favorite to this day, but just because it looks doesn’t mean it’s the best. I don’t hate Skyrim but there were a lot of things lacking compared to the other games. For example the game makes you join the Thieves Guild to complete the main quest line. What if the character you’re playing is an honorable person and despises thieves? Another example is the Companions where they force you to become a werewolf in order to continue. Yes you can cure yourself at the end but it should be optional to become one rather than you have to. Also not to mention the Nordic Pantheon barely made light in the game. Skyrim was supposed to worship the old gods and not the Imperial Cult (aka 9 Divines). Poor writing on Bethesda’s part is what makes some of the aspects of Skyrim boring or not immersive. That being said Skyrim did do a lot of things better than the other games like the combat system. It’s always fun to decapitate people in battle while duel wielding two war axes. Or being able to explore dungeons and crypts that aren’t all the same. I could go on but that would take a while to write and I don’t want to do that.

I love Skyrim but there are aspects that keep me from saying it’s the best ES game. Btw Fallout 4 is trash but that’s a separate topic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StolenSweetroll

Yes Skyrim is a great game is my favorite to this day, but just because it looks doesn’t mean it’s the best. I don’t hate Skyrim but there were a lot of things lacking compared to the other games. For example the game makes you join the Thieves Guild to complete the main quest line. What if the character you’re playing is an honorable person and despises thieves? Another example is the Companions where they force you to become a werewolf in order to continue. Yes you can cure yourself at the end but it should be optional to become one rather than you have to. Also not to mention the Nordic Pantheon barely made light in the game. Skyrim was supposed to worship the old gods and not the Imperial Cult (aka 9 Divines). Poor writing on Bethesda’s part is what makes some of the aspects of Skyrim boring or not immersive. That being said Skyrim did do a lot of things better than the other games like the combat system. It’s always fun to decapitate people in battle while duel wielding two war axes. Or being able to explore dungeons and crypts that aren’t all the same. I could go on but that would take a while to write and I don’t want to do that.

I love Skyrim but there are aspects that keep me from saying it’s the best ES game. Btw Fallout 4 is trash but that’s a separate t

I love Skyrim but there are aspects that keep me from saying it’s the best ES game. Btw Fallout 4 is trash but that’s a separate topic

Eat plops skyrim is obviously better than those other garbage ES games , Arena more like plops , daggerfall more like bigger map plops , morrowind more like more walking because there's no fluffing fast travel and the only thing worse than the graphics is the combat system, and don't even get me start on that steaming pile of dung that is oblivion. Fallout 4 has a better rpg element than all the previous 6 ES games combined. TES<Soulborne<fallout 4<Skyrim

JRMoosePaul

Stormcloak Warrior
Eat plops skyrim is obviously better than those other garbage ES games , Arena more like plops , daggerfall more like bigger map plops , morrowind more like more walking because there's no fluffing fast travel and the only thing worse than the graphics is the combat system, and don't even get me start on that steaming pile of dung that is oblivion. Fallout 4 has a better rpg element than all the previous 6 ES games combined. TES<Soulborne<fallout 4<Skyrim

I actually laughed when I read this. Yes the older ES games have have bad systems, especially Arena and Daggerfall, but the story in Morrowind in example is so much better that Skyrim’s. Fast travel wasn’t a concept then and generally fast travels ruins the experience of exploring the world the developers made for you. I don’t play Elder Scrolls for the fighting or the graphics, I play it for the story. Morrowind so far has the best one. Also the only good things about Fallout 4 is the combat and the graphics. The RP side of it was traded for first person shooter and story wasn’t as good any of the previous ones. Even though the first two games had a complex system and poor graphics it still had a fantastic story. New Vegas probably the best one if you want a good story. Fallout 4 would be the worst in the franchise if it weren’t for Tactics.

trunkynugget

I believe it is important when looking at a game to consider the time period it was released in. Yes, Daggerfall may be plops compared to Skyrim on a technical level, but you also have to consider that it was released 15 years (I think?) before Skyrim. Games are just getting bigger and better as time goes on, and I just feel like it's important to recognize the context of a game's creation. Who knows, maybe Skyrim will be considered plops in 10 years?

JRMoosePaul

Stormcloak Warrior
I believe it is important when looking at a game to consider the time period it was released in. Yes, Daggerfall may be plops compared to Skyrim on a technical level, but you also have to consider that it was released 15 years (I think?) before Skyrim. Games are just getting bigger and better as time goes on, and I just feel like it's important to recognize the context of a game's creation. Who knows, maybe Skyrim will be considered plops in 10 years?

Thank you

Arrowtwotenee

YASSSS YOU ARE SO RIGHT like Skyrim really is the only TeS game that matters is probably the best game of all time except fallout 4 which is the best rpg game of all time

JRMoosePaul

Stormcloak Warrior
I don’t know whether people are serious when they say that Fallout 4 is the best game

StolenSweetroll

I actually laughed when I read this. Yes the older ES games have have bad systems, especially Arena and Daggerfall, but the story in Morrowind in example is so much better that Skyrim’s. Fast travel wasn’t a concept then and generally fast travels ruins the experience of exploring the world the developers made for you. I don’t play Elder Scrolls for the fighting or the graphics, I play it for the story. Morrowind so far has the best one. Also the only good things about Fallout 4 is the combat and the graphics. The RP side of it was traded for first person shooter and story wasn’t as good any of the previous ones. Even though the first two games had a complex system and poor graphics it still had a fantastic story. New Vegas probably the best one if you want a good story. Fallout 4 would be the worst in the franchise if it weren’t for Tactics.

I have played the

I've played every fallout except van buren and I can say for a fact the first one is the worst, you can't even do that many sidequests bc ur rushed to get a fluffing Brita water filter for ur "hole in the ground " Tactics is much superior to them all

Besides, Skyrim has inspired things like Dark Souls, which is a pretty good game in its own right but nothing compared to the almighty Skyrim. Can you name any game with a more in depth combat system than Skyrim? How about a game with AI more intelligent? The AI in skyrim is so smart its scary. NPCs have deep conversations with each other and interact with the world. No other game has this, especially the other assgarbage that populates the Elder Scrolls series

I have played the

I've played every fallout except van buren and I can say for a fact the first one is the worst, you can't even do that many sidequests bc ur rushed to get a fluffing Brita water filter for ur "hole in the ground " Tactics is much superior to them all
Dude i agree with you. Its hard to believe that FO3 copied FO1 but it did. Both had minimum amounts of side quests and both had to do with fixing water. Coincidence? I think not. Also fallout 1 had plops RPG elements and graphics. I think FO4 beats tactics though.

StolenSweetroll

The original fallout was released 20 years ago and still considered great(though not as good as 4), Arena and daggerfall on the other hand have always been considered dogplops

Latest posts