A question on my character Idea, what do you think?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DJFlegg

first off I cant play for another hour (booo) because I am downloading the high res texure pack, I am also going to add the "Brutal" Elven armour mod (I think it looks awesome)

When everythings finished I will be starting the game fresh, with a female Nord. with skyrim being an RPG I want to give my character a story and a personality to stick with, so here it is...

She was born and raised on Summerset Isle, so while the Nord blood in her favours Melee combat, she also has a history of magic and Elven craftmanship. She has returned to skyrim to join her father in the fight for independance from the Empire (so she will be a Stormcloak) So when I start her I will be levelling smithing to get Elven armour (with the brutal mod) and she will fight using Elven sword in one hand, and either a Destruction or Restoration spell in the other. Untill she finishes the main quest then I will be getting her some Dragonscale to signify/celebrate being a master dragon slayer (will hopefully find a decent dragonscale mod by then)

my first question is... Will elven armour and sword be enough (with some enchantments) to last me most of the way through the game or will enemies start walking all over me? I would like to stick with this armour and weapon to enhance the role play part of the game.

also do you guys have a character that has a story / personality that you like to stick with ?

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?
Yes but upgrade to legendary as you go on. One thing I see is that shouldn't she then be an elf support after being raised on their ways and beliefs. Perhaps if she was enslaved as a child and is then reunited with her father and goes on a vendetta against the elfs and the empire who abandoned her. But then again it's your game so do it your way

DJFlegg

I was thinking more along the lines of her family visited Summerset Isle while the mother was pregnant, and after having the baby there decided it would be safer to raise her where they were than travel across with a new born, and after becoming comfortable decided to stay, untill the father left for the war. And even though brought up with Elven customs blood is thicker than water ;) just didn't want to get too in depth on the first post and put people off reading it haha

Sparkz

Mysterious Creature
Also take into account that Altmer ( High elfs ) are complete jerks so im assuming they wouldnt exactly like a nord on there territory/would try to prevent the father/mother of your backstory from living on there isle.

To improve armor/weapons u need to have raise the smithing skill.

DJFlegg

the Eldar Scrolls games have always had quite multi cultural areas, wether they'd get along great living in a major city or not, but im sure if they had a little farm in the middle of nowhere people wouldn't have minded. Also not all Altmer are like the Thalmor scum, while still arrogant and self centred there are a few Altmer that arn't genocidal dictating maniacs lol

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?
Well enchanted items that help smithing do it good especially with smiting potions. The best default item is the forge master fingers from the Orc hold quest. Also I like your back story. Nice. Be sure to save as many scales as you can there what you need to forge dragon scale armour .good luck. Need any more advice just post

DJFlegg

so to get it to Legendary I need to wear a lot of smithing boosting gear while I am smithing it, and then wear a lot of Enchanting boosting gear when I enchant it? basically just boost my butt off while making it

Sparkz

Mysterious Creature
True there are.As far as my experience though they have always refered to my characters race as being inferior which is kinda the idea was going for though.To compliment my playstyle/build of my char.

that is one way to obtain best/max armor raiting/enchanting values yes but compared to a person who has 100 enchanting/smithing its alot easyer to do that rather than making butt loads of potions

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
If you're going for accuracy...

If your character grew up on the Summerset Isles surrounded by, and respectful of Altmer culture, she should refer to that geographic location properly as Alinor. By the time your character is born, the re-established Aldmeri Dominion has been ruling over Summerset Isles and Valenwood for nearly 200 years.

Not sure if you plan to take on the religious aspect to this character, perhaps her and her family had to hide, abandon or renounce Talos worship. As Nords, there's zero chance they would be allowed to openly worship and praise Talos while living in Alinor. As proud Nords, I kind of question why they would be traveling to Alinor in the first place since Nords typically detest the Dominion for forcing the banishment of Talos worship. Remember, Tiber Septim is held with the highest reverence among Nords.

This should be an interesting back story, I'd like to read how you plan to carry it out, if you don't mind sharing, post in the fan fiction section.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts