A question about weapons and armor weight

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Venur

Does weight affect anything beside walking speed ?

I'm playing 2 handers builds now and maces have a base dmg superior to axe and swords so I guess the heavy weight they have must hurt me somewhere ?

I guess it is the same for heavy armor vs light armor ? Is it just a mather of "sneak" ability ?

Khazrihl

Does weight affect anything beside walking speed ?

I'm playing 2 handers builds now and maces have a base dmg superior to axe and swords so I guess the heavy weight they have must hurt me somewhere ?

I guess it is the same for heavy armor vs light armor ? Is it just a mather of "sneak" ability ?

Good question.

Without doing any deep research, I do know for a fact that you are slower with your weapon drawn, I don't think it matters what kind of weapon, however I can't answer for sure.

They changed the way armor is involved in sneaking.

The Old Way: Boot Weight

The Skyrim Way: All armor weight is considered when sneaking.

psyk0

No soul gem large enough.
The weight of the armor you're wearing (and, I think, the weapon(s) you're wielding) affects how fast your stamina drains when sprinting. But I don't think the type of weapon you're using affects movement speed; it should be the same whether wielding a dagger or a greatsword. I'll test it tonight though.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts