A question about the three DLC

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
"Best" is kind of a subjective term. IMO:

1) Hearthfire - the ability to build your own homes in holds where, previously there were no purchase options
2) Dragonborn - new shouts, an extensive storyline that is interesting, a large new area to explore, new enemies and spells, ability to reset some/all perk points
3) Dawnguard - new factions, expansions to werewolf abilities/tree, AND VAMPIRES! New armor, weapons, etc. Ability to smith your own arrows/bolts. New areas to explore, new enemies and friends.

Cordelia

Global Moderator
Staff member
Combined, they make the world feel bigger and more complete. I love the Dragonborn storyline, and the island of Solstheim. (If I didn't, then Neloth's Fine Teas wouldn't exist! Since Neloth is sort of re-introduced to players in the Dragonborn DLC.) But Solstheim is eerily beautiful, and has one of my favorite creatures, ever; the Netch. It's probably my spirit animal.

Building houses is seriously cool, as well. There's a limited amount of configuration you can do, because each wing has a limited number of functions it can serve, and that function can't just be put on another wing, but they feel like these personalized manors. I've only ever finished the house at Lakeview, Falkreath, and, while I sometimes wish I'd chosen different modules, they make perfect sense for the character I was role playing. She has a husband (who is usually out adventuring with her), a bard, a steward (who refuses to live where she was told, because of glitches), a house karl, and two kids. It made sense to me to have a kitchen, a family bedroom, and rooms above the main room for the staff, and I now wish I'd done the trophy room instead of extra storage, but what are you going to do? It makes the kids happy. ^__^

My main mage was setting up to live in the Pale, with a library and potions tower, and I believe I was assigning her the trophy room as a sort of "museum" or "research" wing. My best friend took the plot of land in Morthal. We were playing parallel Skyrims, splitting up the land for head cannon reasons, and I got Falkreath, and she took Morthal. However, it turns out Morthal is a pretty unsettling place to live. It's right outside the swamps, there are draugr and undead that crawl down the mountain, and the kids and spouse complain about how unsettling and dangerous it is. So, maybe not the best place to raise a family.

Unfortunately, my game decided to bug everything that has ever been Aela (she's the steward who won't come home), and I never got to experience the werewolf enhancements. I also haven't finished the Dawnguard storyline, but to be fair, I've never done the vanilla Dark Brotherhood, and a few other things, either, so it's really more a testament to how slow and easily distracted I am.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
6b6506487c998273466fa690d7558c5d.jpg

stillyd

The quest "Lost to the Ages" is one of my faves from the DLC. Had no idea it came with Dawnguard when I bought it a couple years back, took me by surprise when I stumbled upon a dwarven ruin
I had never seen before.. I have since played it many times, it's a really fun quest and I never get bored of hearing Katria's story. Plus, the bonus after the quest is oh so satisfying.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts