• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

XIIGenocide

The Scaled Arcanist
Whats going on guys? Been a while since i've posted.

I've recently remodded my Skyrim for another playthrough, i'm thinking like necromancer/bow Argonian play through! Anyway, one of the things that has always been lacking in this community in the inability for online play. I totally agree with it being a single player experience, but I also think it'd be cool to have a bit of player to player interaction intergrated into the next elder scrolls. I'm at a stage in the game where I don't try and lose myself in the world, this is simply because I know it too well, and the only things keeping me from getting bored is interaction, e.g skyping with a friend, listening to pod casts, things of that nature. What are your guys thoughts on this?

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Imagine if you could invade someone's world to hunt them. Some kind of Hircine covenant could suffice. You'd have to spawn a fair distance away... that's the problem though; what would keep the host from just fast-traveling around in order to avoid the invader? But if it were coordinated, and the person came to your world to render assistance, that would be fun. Perhaps make the guest a bit weaker, as if traveling within the Soul Cairn. Surely such magic would have something to do with a soul gem and an Elder Scroll.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
I always loved the idea of this kind of thing in Skyrim. Imagine the group death animations...
Mind you, Illusion would become pretty redundant.

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
if it wasn't for the fact of glitches such as the resto loop/alchemy, and legendary skill trees over and over to become a literal walking god, i would love a battle system, like agladiator pit for melee's, maybe an archer competition for accuracy and sniping, and even a mage thing where you use different skills to solve puzzles, such as using teleknesis to move objects into a certian position, maybe have doors that open when hit with a fire spell, using elemental traps, or they could of done maybe a gauntlet so that you could team up with like 5 people vs another group of 5 people, you have one or two that major in melee, maybe an archer a mage or 2, would of been very awsome, and linking 10 people together isn't overly compplicated, i mean look at diablo 2 LoD, each room could have 8 max, and that was back around 2000 or so when it came out, the technology to such things have been around for years. I do agree though that the main story line and side quests should remain single player, but having an arena where people could fight or maybe solve puzzles together would of been amazing, though they would have to limit certain game breaking glitches, and shout such as slow time would pose a problem, imagine 2,3,4 or more players using that skill, the slowness would be way to much LOL.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Is there not something called "Elder Scrolls Online" where you can do exactly what y'all are talking about?

The last thing I wand TES to turn in to is something like Dragon's Dogma or one of the MMOs.

A limited, local LAN share (similar to what you see with War of the North) might be interesting, but, I hesitate about this sharing stuff. It always brings out the a**hol** and takes the fun out of the experience.

Just imagine all you folks that play on Legendary and mod the heck out of everything and exploit every single thing in the game running in to us boring console, non-exploit, non-god-mode players. You'd walk all over us and totally turn us off to the game.

I say leave it as one-player w/out online and/or limited local LAN co-op.

The last thing I would ever want to do is run in to Drunken Mage, Kohlar or any of the innumerable AWESOME players. They'd wipe the floor with me and end up making fun of what a weanie I am.

Oh, wait! The one thing I'm good at is getting even. It might be fun to take out one of those God-like players using my nastiness and unpredictability.

Hmm... maybe I should rethink this whole sharing thing... Hmm...

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
If this were to happen, I dont think cross-platform pvp would be a problem, simply because each platform would host different servers (like ESO).
Yeah, maybe people with tougher chars would be hard to beat. But all it takes sometimes is an unexpected (preferably enchanted) knife in the back...

Snake Tortoise

Here's For Your Trouble
I think a co-op style game could be phenomenal, but I'm not familiar with MMO games and can imagine massive difficulties. Maybe a system where you have to play together all of the way through could work- i.e. if you start a game with one other person it isn't possible to continue the game in your own time without them being present. Presumably sleeping, waiting and fast traveling would have to be done together too

What game it could be! For realism it would be so much fun if you could only speak to your partner within proximity, and if you somehow get split up you'd have to wander around looking for them (or just call them up in real life).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts