A Guide To Smithing Daedric Items

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
I don't know if this has been posted before , but I will try to help.

Wanna get/smith your sick Daedric Items eh ? You've come to the right place (almost the right I think :p) !
I'll go step-wise.

FIRST OF ALL THE REQUIREMENTS TO CRAFT :
a) Leather strips
b) Ebony Ingots
c) Daedra Heart

PIECES OF THE PAST

Step one - : When you reach level 20 , go to Dawnstar. Take a carriage if you haven't already discovered it.

2 - : There go to the far end of the city , there you will find two people arguing. They are the court mage Madena and Silus Vesuuius , the sole survivor of the Mythic Dawn cult. After they are over , speak to Silus Vesuuius.

3 - : He will tell you about the Musuem of the Mythic Dawn , skip his dialogues if you want. Tell him you want to browse his museum.

4 - : After he is done explaing all the relics , he will request you to fulfill an assignment , which is to find the missing pieces of the Razor. Silus already has one of them.

5 - : Reach all the holders and loot their bodies for the parts except Jorgen , who you can brawl , intimidate , persuade or bribe.

6 - : Later Silus will tell you to meet him at the Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon. I only know of one and a dangerous path (for low level players) to the Shrine. Go to Morthal , leave from the east and head straight up the road. There will be a small path which will lead to Labyrinthian. Beware though , Labyrinthian has 4-5 frost trolls in it. Go straight from Labyrinthian , then on the map marker you will see a Dragon Lair icon. Reach the dragon lair and kill the dragon there (If you have done 'Dragon Rising') or other monsters inhabitating the place (If you haven't done 'Dragon Rising').

7 - : Afterwards , climb the rocks on the eastern edge of Labyrinthian , there will be a moonstone ore vein and mine it if you want. You will find some stairs , climb up the stairs and you will reah the Shrine.

8 - : There you will find Silus Vesuiuss praying , who will tell you to pray too. Dagon will speak and order you to kill Silus as he considers him a pawn. Choose any of the two options (Either kill him or don't). Either way , Dagon will send two Dremora after you. Loot their bodies for the key , also loot their hearts , this is very imp. Go inside the Shrine and there will be another two , get rid of them and loot the hearts. Now you have 4 Daedra hearts now. Collect all the gold ingots and ebony ingots there.

Now , I'll explain how to get 30+ ebony ingots , this step is really simple and doesn't involves combat.

NARZULBUR

:- Go to Gloombound Mine , which is located in Narzulbur , an orc stronghold southeast of Windhelm.
After you find Narzulbur , go to the supporting mine Gloombound mine. If you have a pickaxe , mine all the ebony ores there (you will get three ores from each vein) , there should be around 40 ores. After you collect them all , smelt them into ingots with the Smelter. Gratz , you have many ebony ingots :).

YOU CAN GET LEATHER STRIPS THE USUAL WAY , EITHER BY THE TANNING RACKS OR BLACKSMITHS AND MERCHANTS.

Too low skill level for crafting Daedric items huh ? Don't worry , I'll explain bit by bit :).

Go to a Blacksmith and purchase all the iron ingots he/she has. Wait 48 hours ,and then purchase them again. The fastest place for this is Whiterun since there are three armour vendors , Ulfberth War-Bear , Eorlund Gray-Mane and Adrianne Avenicci. Use the Blacksmith Forge or an anvil , then forge many iron daggers to increase your skill level. Repeat the process.

NOTE : THIS WILL NOT WORK IF YOU HAVE PATCH 1.8 , SO DO THE OGHMAR INFINIUM GLITCH. TO DO THIS , YOU MUST COMPLETE THE QUEST 'DISCERNING THE TRANSMUNDANE'. I WILL NOT TELL YOU HOW TO DO THE GLITCH , LOOK UP ON YOUTUBE OR GOOGLE.

Now that you're 90 in Smithing , have 4 Daedra Hearts (You can get more by waiting 10-12 in game days and then revisit the shrine ,the dremora will respawn) , leather strips and 30+ ebony ingots.

Select the Daedric section and craft whatever you want :D !

Btw , you'll also be levelled up in the process ;).
I hope this helps beginners :).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts