1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice

A Guide on Negating ALL Magic Damage

Discussion in 'Skyrim Guides and Tutorials' started by reisbro, Feb 19, 2013.

  1. reisbro

    reisbro New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2013
    Messages:
    18
    Likes Received:
    2
    Reputation:
    1
    Hello everyone! I'm Reisbro, and today I will show you how to COMPLETELY negate magic damage on Skyrim. First of all, I know that the Resist Magic cap is 85%, but this is a totally different method.
    To achieve spell immunity, we will use the Spell Absorption property.

    But Reisbro, what is Spell Absorption?
    Unlike most of the people think, 50% Spell Absorption does NOT reduce 50% of the incoming magic damage. The value of this property is actually a chance to negate/dodge spells that are cast on you. If this effect is triggered, the magic damage that was supposed to hit you will become 0. Yes, you won't receive damage at all, which makes this stronger then the Resist Magic effect.

    There are a few things that gives the player Spell Absorption:
    - The Breton racial power, Dragonskin
    - The Atronach Stone
    - The Atronach Perk under the Alteration Tree
    - Miraak's Gear on the Dragonborn DLC

    Since I don't have the Dragonborn DLC, I won't talk about Miraak's equipment, and I will show you how to get 100% chance of PERMANENT Spell Absorption, that means you won't need to be a Breton and activate your racial power once in a while.


    GETTING 100% To get 100% Spell Absorption, you will need to spend at least 3 perks on the Restoration Tree, and 5 perks on the Alteration Tree. You will need the NECROMAGE and the ATRONACH perks. If you want to use this method, you HAVE to become a vampire and get the Necromage perk BEFORE YOU GET ANYTHING ELSE THAT GIVES SPELL ABSORPTION! Otherwise, it may glitch and you will be stuck at 80%. When you get the Necromage perk, go ahead and buy the Atronach perk too, then activate the Atronach Stone. The Atronach stone gives you 50% Spell Absorption, and the perk gives you 30%. Combined they will give 80% Spell Absorption, but that is where the Necromage perk comes in. This perk boost all effects that an Undead person receives through your spells - Including the ones you cast at yourself - Vampires are flagged as Undead, and that is why you have to be one. This will boost healing, enchantments and other things by 25%, while increasing the duration of certain effects for 50%. So you will have an additional 25% over the 80% you already have - That it a 20% boost which completes the 100% you want!
    Now that you have 100% Spell Absorption, max out your armor cap and go kill Legendary Dragons on Master Difficulty!

    So that's it folks, I plan on making more guides later! Goodbye and have fun with your spell immune character :D
     

Share This Page

  • Like us on Facebook