Xbox 360 A bunch of unrelated quetions

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

CheesyPoofs

I'm making a new character, my fourth one so far. I'm going to be focusing on three skills I've already focused on (heavy armor, smithing, and speech) and three skills that are totally new to me (enchanting, one-handed, and lockpicking). Before I start my new character, I wanted to research everything I can about these skills. I've been looking online for a few days now, but I still have some burning questions that UESPwiki and Elder Scrolls Wiki can't answer. I'll number them so I'll know which question(s) you're answering:

1. Can regular, non-power attacks from one-handed weapons (excluding daggers) cause an opponent to stagger? I understand that power attacks probably are more likeky to cause a stagger, and probably cause a more severe stagger. But can a regular strike from, say, a one-handed sword ever cause a stagger? Even a small one?

2. Do paralysis enchantments stack? I mean this in two ways. If I perform a dual strike on an enemy with two weapons that both have a 25% chance to paralyze, will that attack have a 50% chance of paralyzing its target? I'm also wondering if it's possible to prolong an enemy's paralysis by continuing to hit him with a paralysis-enchanted weapon. For example, if a bandit is already paralyzed for 2 seconds, will hitting him again with the same weapon have a chance of keeping him paralyzed for another 2 seconds?

3. Do frost enchantments stack? I'm specifically referring to their ability to slow down their target. If I'm hitting a bandit with two frost-enchanted weapons and my follower is hitting him with another frost-enchanted weapon, will he be extra slow?

4. I'm confused about the effects of certain fortify skill potions, specifically Fortify Smithing, Lockpicking, Enchanting and Barter. Does the duration of the effect include time spent in the menu? For example, if I take a 30 second Fortify Barter potion right before I enter into the trade menu with a merchant, will prices be better for the entire time I'm trading with merchant, or just the first 30 seconds? In other words, can I take my time? I've aleeady confirmed that Fortify Smithing includes time spent in the menu, and Fortify Lockpicking does not. But what about Fortify Barter and Fortify Enchanting? My guess- Fortify Barter does not include time spent in the menu, because time seems to come to a halt when you're in the trade menu, but Fortify Enchanting DOES include time spent in the menu, because there is an animation that goes along with it. Am I correct?

5. I know this question has probably been asked a million times, but what can followers use as far as potions/poisons/food/drinks? I've never personally noticed a follower using any of these things, but that doesn't mean it's impossible. What's the verdict on this? I don't want to give my follower a bunch of stuff that they are incapable of using.

6. I know there's a cap on Fortify (School of Magic) enchanments (100%). I also know that there's a cap on Fortify Resist (Magic Damage) Enchantments (85%). But is there a point for any other skills where stacking fortify enchantnents becomes refundant and no longer has any effect? I'm referring specifically to Fortify Smithing, Fortify Heavy Armor, Fortify One-Handed, Fortify Lockpicking, Fortify Speech/Barter, and Fortify Carry Weight.

7. Is there a such thing as a Fortify Speechcraft potion? I know there are a couple items that increase your overall speech abilities (Masque of Clavicus Vile, for instance), but is there a potion that can increase your overall Speech abilities? If so, can it stack with a Fortify Barter potion?

8. How do I get the latest patch for my 360 copy of the game?

9. (More of a strategy question than a game mechanic question)- How can a low level character make gold in the Solitude/Haafingar region?

xsneakyxsimx

*whistles* Quite the list. Let's see what I can help with.

1. To my knowledge, no. Only power attacks will stagger targets. Also, certain types of weapons have higher chances to stagger targets (Dagger > Swords > War Axes > Maces > Greatswords > Battleaxes > Warhammers [that order from least likely to most likely])

2. Kind of. The paralysis enchant (unsure of the One/Two Handed perk) will be reapplied after it wears off.

3. Don't know. Might be the same as 2.

4. Don't know with Speech/Bartering, but with Enchanting, it will wear off while enchanting if your not careful.

5. I've had Lydia use potions (to heal herself, don't think she used any stamina/magicka potions). Don't know about the other three

6. If your refering to using the Alchemy/Enchanting loop, yes, there is a limit. Refer here: Complete Character Design Freedom (Damage Resist Caps and Ridiculous Damage) Thread 10 - Bethesda Softworks Forums

7. Not that I'm aware of. I've always seen "Potions of Haggling", but that about it.

8. Can't help there. I don't play the Xbox 360 version.

9. Simple. Do any misc. quests (bountys, deliveries, etc.) Also, consider chopping wood, mining ores or collecting crops. It's not much but I can add up.

Anthrax

Revenant of Shadows
Q1 The only thing that causes stagger effect are power strikes.
Q2 Paralyze enchantments has a 26% chance. He can only be paralyzed again on recovery.
Q3 No
Q4 Your time in the trade menu will have lower prices, you not timed. 30 seconds is time you have left to open dialog with the merchant. Crafting is timed.
Q5 Health potions only.
Q6 No
Q7 No
Q8 You need an Xbox live account to download patches.
Q9 Beg in Whiterun.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts