• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Ihadabadday

Ronin was uneasy as he sensed something outside, a malevolent presence. He thinks there was howling, before mother grabbed him and ran into the bedroom of their two space home. She yelled, shoving him into a hole hidden beneath the floorboards. At the age of ten this was simply too much. Ronin shut his eyes and tried too stay quiet as he listened to the bloodcurdling screams of his family, the sounds of tearing flesh and wolf-like snarls echoing in his mind. He couldn't take it any longer, and popped out of the hidden space. It was too dark to see what was around him, the lantern had been knocked over. Ronin only took a few steps before something bashed the back of his skull, and he slipped into unconsciousness...

Ronin awoke in a daze. He lay face up in the dirt right outside his home, or what was left of it. He quickly got up realizing his torso had been soaked in his parents blood, a stream coursing downhill from the house. Approaching the wreckage, his eyes scanned the corpse of his mother in horror. The right arm was missing, her clothes torn to pieces strewn about her body. Large slashes laced her back. Ronin couldn't even look at what was left of his father. Distraught he ran downhill to a medium sized pond and gazed at his reflection. Tears streamed down his face, but something was different. Three red markings now rested above and below his left eye, much like warpaint. Ronin sat there for an hour, howling in despair. As he rose to his feet, Ronin froze. There was an eerie quiet, he again sensed a dangerous presence. A bush rustled and suddenly it was gone. Frightened, he turned around and ran as fast as he could for about a mile. Exhausted by the whole ordeal, Ronin staggered onto a nearby road leading to Falkreath. Falling to his knees, Ronin was ready to give up. Suddenly, he heard the turning of wheels. A carriage was nearing, driven by two nords, one man and one woman. They saw Ronin, clothes tattered and blood-soaked. He fainted and the family rushed to his side, loading him into the cart which was bound for the couples home in The Pale.

Whats up everyone! This is my first crack at a story on this forum, and generally anything in a long time. As you can see Ronin's family was attacked by a pack of werewolves. Luckily for him, he was found by those two nords and his headed to their home which is a bit north of the Nightgate Inn. Now while I have a base idea on how I want the story to go, I am filling in a lot of the details on the fly. I apologize for any grammatical errors, it's been a few years since high school now. I put up the 18+ just to be safe, although I don't really plan on this going overboard. Any kind of feedback would be appreciated! I also apologize if it seems empty at the moment. No worries, soon I will be putting in work to list the characters and further expanding on the lore involved in this story. At least once I've learned a little bit more, and whenever I have more free time on my hands

Characters: (so far)
Ronin
D50159BF34723726B55EC9FE002235A1A0922088

1522FF60275E151E52C2BDC7E194B71B07782AC1

Hemming
Helga
Baelor
Angi
Rictus
Torvald
Agnes

Lore: I will be introducing new information throughout the story, I feel releasing everything at once will screw me over because I am bound to change my mind on something. For now we will look at Ronin. For 10 years the woods around Falkreath were his stomping grounds. After this horrific night, Ronin has not yet been infected by the werewolf curse. This will occur later on, but soon. Nothing to revealing yet, but anything that is unclear in future parts of the story will be expanded on in segments like this

Misc: I plan to release a chapter every weekend, depending on how each week goes for me.

**NEW SIDENOTE 1/9/16** Feel free to comment/PM (if that's an option). I want to hear any feedback you guys have, and it won't be much of a problem once I figure out how to make quick links to each chapter

**SIDENOTE 2/2/2016** Sorry I've been gone guys :sadface:. Im finishing up a deployment and it's been a huge pain in the ass. No worries, I have not abandoned my werewolf story for those of you following it! I'll get back to it ASAP!

Last edited:

Ihadabadday

Chapter 1: Wanderer

Six years have passed since Ronin's family was killed. It's been two days since his 16th Birthday

As the sun rose, Ronin's eyes creaked open. Turning his gaze right, he beheld a bow next to a quiver half full of arrows. The bow had been his one true friend since leaving behind Falkreath. This bow brought him scores of elk which provided for his new family. Tossing off the fur mat insulating him from the cold, Ronin threw on his clothes. He slung the bow over his shoulders and stepped outside to find his foster father, Hemming, chopping wood for a morning fire.

"Out again boy?" said Hemming.

"As always" Ronin replied. His gaze turned East, and he ran off into the trees.

"Be back before tomorrow, I leave for Windhelm" Hemming yelled as Ronin's figure began to fade away through the falling snow. He paused, looked around and nodded in acknowledgement, then took off running.

The sky was grey and the snow calmly fell around him, following the direction of a gentle breeze. Today was warmer, and just above a chilling point where goosebumps form on the skin. It was a beautiful day to hunt. A half hour passed until Ronin found the first pair of hoof prints, very fresh ones at that. He followed the tracks for another hour, slowing as each track became more defined. Soon he found his prize, a medium sized bull elk digging through the snow attempting to graze. The snow crunched under Ronin's left foot. The bull's ears perked and Ronin slowly crouched down, quietly drawing his bow. Notching an arrow, he let out a slow breath, and his eyes locked onto the elk's skull. The elk spotted the fog like effect of Ronin's breath in the cool air. Ronin released his grip on the bowstring to send the arrow flying, but missed his mark. The elk reared and charged through the thicket in the behind it, vanishing behind the cover of trees. Ronin sighed, knowing he wouldn't catch the elk as the snow seemed to thicken in that direction. The sun was at it's highest point in the sky, and he decided to search for a while longer. Two traps he had set a few days before rewarded him with one hare each. Frustrated by the missed opportunity with the elk, Ronin decided it wasn't worth staying out any longer. Slinging the bow back over his shoulders, Ronin began his trek back home.

The sun was setting as Ronin appeared out of the treeline. Hemming and his wife Helga sat on two tree stumps clustered around a roaring fire.

"So our champion returns...empty handed?" Hemming prodded. Ronin puffed out his chest, pretending to be angry.

"Settle down you two, he at least brought back a little meat" Helga said as she eyed the two skinned hares strung over Ronin's shoulder.

"I nearly bagged a good sized bull not far from here, damn thing slipped through my fingers." Ronin added as he stuck a spit through the two carcasses.

"All is well my boy, we can enjoy these before heading off to Nightgate." Hemming said. "I don't know how long i'll be gone. Although, I fought alongside Ulfric against the elves a couple times. He may bypass the recruiting process if he remembers me."

Hemming was a seasoned warrior. He participated in the "Battle of the Red Ring", which reclaimed the Imperial City from the Elves. He had also personally fought alongside Ulfric Stormcloack numerous times, sharing with him many kills and drinks. Using the skills he gained fighting for the Empire, Hemming sharpened Ronin into a veteran swordsman. The boy was a quick learner, he was able to best Hemming in single combat for the first time last year. The bow however seemed to come naturally for the boy. Hemming was never near as good a marksman as Ronin, who seemed born into it.

As the fire died down, night began to settle over the land. The trio made their way to the Nightgate Inn to enjoy one last night together before Hemming joined the Rebellion. It was a spectacular night, at least for Hemming and Ronin. The two entered an argument with another father-son duo. Ronin bested the other man in a fistfight. Tensions were high at first, but Ronin brought him a mug to mull things over. The son's name was Baelor, and the father Hogar. They became very well acquainted, learning that the two families lived in close proximity to each-other. The group, excluding Helga, got very drunk that night and in the end became good friends. They all decided to leave around midnight, said their farewells and exchanged promises of future visits.

The following morning, Helga and Ronin bode a bitter farewell to Hemming, as the nord shouldered his pack and set off for Windhelm. Ronin assumed the roll as man of the house, and so provided for himself and Helga while Hemming was gone. Although for the most part Ronin usually brought back the meat anyway, at least since he was large enough to handle the hunt on his own. A full year had passed since Hemmings departure. Occasional trips to the Nightgate Inn brought with them letters from him. Two days after Ronin's seventeenth birthday, he paid the inn another visit right on time to catch the stormcloak courier. This time however, he was accompanied by two other soldiers. Ronin asked to speak to the courier.

"First off, what's your name?" one of the soldiers asked.

"Why do you need my name." Ronin replied defensively.

"We came here looking for Hemmings family, if you don't know him piss off." said the other soldier, as they turned away.

"I am Ronin." he said grabbing the mans shoulder.

The soldier removed his helmet, and slowly turned towards Ronin. A frown adorned his face, and his eyes seemed to look through Ronin into the distance, the thousand-yard stare. He was clearly distraught, he struggled to spit out what he had to say.

"It will grieve you then, to learn he is dead. Killed in a border skirmish in the Rift. My name is-" The soldier had no time to finish, Ronin backed away and dashed towards the road.

Ronin stopped just outside the house. These ill-tidings overwhelming him, giving him a feeling of hopelessness not felt since his first meeting with Hemming and Helga. Holding back his tears, he slowly strode inside to find Helga fast asleep. Grabbing her shoulder, she woke.

"What's wrong dear?" She inquired.

"Hemming, he...I-" Ronin couldn't finish the sentence as he neared a breakdown.

Steeling himself he broke the news to Helga. She stumbled backwards. Her lips moved, but no words came out. Ronin staggered over to the door, and turned his gaze towards the sky. Helga shouldered him as she ran outside. Ronin reached to grab her, but she shook him off and disappeared into the trees. Ronin walked outside and fell to both knees. Leaning back, again looked up. The sky was grey again, the snow calmly falling with a gently breeze. It was just like the hunt before Hemming left. He grabbed a dull axe resting next to a small log pile. Ronin hammered at a long tree nearby for hours. As night began, and the moon slowly rose from the horizon, Ronin felt a slight bloodlust rise within him as he hacked away at the remnants of the tree. He froze as a familiar feeling returned. A malevolent presence nearby, one he hadn't felt in years. Time seemed to slow as his heart raced. He looked around the nearby thicket, trying to spot what was watching him. For a moment, Ronin thought he saw the flash of two red eyes. As he calmed, the presence again vanished.

What in the hell...

He went back inside, looking over his shoulder the entire way. Peering out of a opening which served as a window, he watched the trees as the moonlight filled the small meadow surrounding the house. Eventually Ronin drifted into an uneasy sleep. Later in the night he violently woke as something touched his shoulder. He settled down realizing it was Helga. She seemed haggard. Her hair was in such disarray, and her clothes had slightly torn in places after dashing through the woods. She put her hand over his mouth and spoke.

"My boy." Helga said, suppressing Ronin's attempts to speak. "Shh. You may not be my son by blood, but ever since we found you I have loved you as if you were. I say to you now, that whatever path you take or whatever harm befalls you, stay strong Ronin. Use what we have taught you to carve out a fruitful life for yourself. I love you son, now sleep." Her hand left his mouth, and she stepped outside.

"Wait!" Ronin cried, listening to the crunching snow under her feet.

The sounds of her footsteps faded as Ronin raced to the door. He looked outside and saw nothing but darkness, the moon had long since surrendered what little light it offered. The wind picked up as a storm neared, Helga's tracks would be gone by tomorrow and there was no way to track her now. Ronin knew in the back of his mind he'd never see her again. He climbed into bed as the tears dried on his face, he couldn't believe that again his family had been taken from him.

The next morning, Ronin woke with the fur mat covering his entire body. He knew he was alone, but had the faintest hope that everything yesterday was just a dream. Throwing off the cover, he slowly dressed himself and gathered what valuables the family had in the house. Finding a total of 50 coins, his steel sword, bow, quiver, and the remaining store of elk meat, Ronin set out from his home for the final time. Outside he could find no trace of Helga, and knew she was gone forever. He turned South, and began his journey to Whiterun. A large city which he'd only seen one time, when leaving Falkreath so long ago. There he would begin a life on his own.

Lore Update: So here we see that Ronin has struck out on his own. Hemming was KIA in a border skirmish against imperial forces. This cut very deep, as fraught with grief Helga disappears. Of course not before saying goodbye to the man they raised for so long. Ronin knows nothing about what becomes of Helga, but I have no plans to reintroduce her to the story. So to clarify, our dearly departed Helga is gone forever. Take note on how Ronin can sense that familiar presence once again. It reappeared as Ronin's anger built the night they learned of Hemmings death. It will come up again in a very big way pretty soon. Now Ronin has gone south in search of a way to make a living, starting off at the best source he can think of. What better a place for opportunity than the bustling city of Whiterun?

Last edited:

Ihadabadday

Chapter 3: Bloodstained Snow

Ronin lived life as a man for hire over the next three years until the age of 20, when he decided to walk a new path

The Sky was gray, a snowstorm was blowing through the valley. Ronin strode through the billowing snow with little difficulty. He had taken a path from Stendarr's Beacon behind Riften, traveled all the way past Arcwind Point, and is finally nearing his goal. Ronin took a slight detour from the road, and paused on a ridge overlooking a wide valley. From this rock outcropping, he was gazing upon the territory around Falkreath. This was the first time Ronin set eyes upon his homeland since the tragic night ten years ago. Finding the road again, he continued his journey downwards.

The intensity of the storm increased as an hour or so passed. Ronin again paused as he noticed a beaten path leading down and away from the main road. Unsure of whether or not it lead to the valley below, he followed it until he could somewhat see the outline of a shack. Upon further inspection, Ronin discovered it was a rather large campsite. A small shack, two tents, and a campfire was laid out. Oddly enough, a fire was still roaring as no one was to be found. Ronin turned and was met with an arrow pointed at him, inches from his face.

"Who the hell are you, and what do you want?" shouted a hooded figure. Ronin did not answer, staring into the dark hood trying to discern who it could be. "Speak, or I'll brain you with my arrow. Where are you going?"

"I don't know" Ronin said in a cold tone. Judging from the voice and general appearance, the figure was a nord woman. She held the bow for a few moments, then slowly lowered it.

"Well, if you mean us no harm perhaps you should come inside." the woman said.

Us?

She strode past Ronin towards the shack, and he proceeded to follow her. Stepping through the door she lowered her hood and looked back at him.

"Perhaps now that the tension is somewhat gone...where are you headed?" she prodded.

"I'm headed for the valley below around Falkreath. After that, I don't know." Ronin replied.

"A hunter then, or some kind of wanderer I take it?" The woman asked. "Who are you?"

"I'm just trying to live my life in peace." Ronin grumbled as he stood up and turned towards the door.

"Fine, walk out then. I was going to ask if you would stay here for a bit." The woman said without turning, taking a swig from her mug. Her tone was aimed to tease him, a hint of sarcasm.

"And why would I do that?" Ronin said in an angrier tone.

"You're a troubled man, that much is obvious. The few of us around here are the same. We live together to forget whatever was chasing us..."

With her response, four figures emerged from the whiteout. Two nord men and one woman, and a native of Cyrodil, an imperial.

"My name is Angi, and your welcome here if you have no where to go." said the woman in the shack.

Ronin's gaze shifted beyond the four standing before him, and he stared into the whiteout. After a minute, he slowly lowered his bow onto the floor, leaning it against a corner.

Angi noticed he was preparing to settle in. "You can stay in here with me since you have no tent, it will be...warmer." she said, somewhat whispering the last word. "Tell me your story.". Ronin walked over and stood across from her, then sat down against the wall.

"My name is Ronin." he stated, as he began sharing his tale with Angi. He left out the part about his final night in Falkreath a decade ago, and left out many details regarding his foster parents. However, the mood lightened as he continued. She would add in from time to time, never leaving his gaze. Ronin opened up to her as a few jokes here and there continued to warm him inside, she was very interesting indeed. His smile disappeared though as he reached the part of his tale when he left his home in The Pale. He described what little friendships where made in the travelling band of mercenaries he accompanied for a time. How he lost them to various jobs, and even mentioned the first time he killed a man. One of the band tried to make out with all of their coin, killing one of said friends in the process. Ronin's anger rose as he reminisced over the moment he plunged his blade into the heart of that murderer. Sensing this, Angi reached forward and touched his hand. Calming down, Ronin cut towards when he left, eventually arriving here. Angi then briefly described the events of her life, claiming them mostly uninteresting. She was only a year younger than Ronin. The sun had long set, and the others in camp had already fallen into deep slumber. Angi retired to her mat across the room, and Ronin lay on his. Staring up, he slowly drifted into unconsciousness, aided by the sounds of a snowstorm outside.

The next morning, Ronin met the rest of Angi's group. The two nord men Torvald and Hogir, the woman Agnes, and the imperial Rictus. Ronin's first week with the band was a successful one. He hadn't lost his touch in the wild, and quickly scored the group a medium sized bull elk. He, Torvald, and Hogir brought the carcass back to camp. They were met with joyous cries from Angi and Agnes. Angi went straight for Ronin, standing inches in front of him, tilting her head slightly upwards to meet his gaze.

"Quite impressive young buck." She jested, poking his chest. The two had grown fond of each other over the short week Ronin had been there.

"I hope that keg of ale is still around, I plan on gorging to my hearts content tonight." Ronin said.

"Oh and indeed we will. I plan on a lot of things tonight!" Angi said slowly turning away towards the shack, her finger brushing off Ronin's chest. Ronin could tell she was feeling frisky with the arrival of his new kill.

"There are in fact, TWO kegs." Angi yelled from inside.

That night the group celebrated, gorging upon the surplus of meat they now had. By the end of the night, one keg was gone and the other three quarters full. A few hours after the sun set the others retired to their tents except for Agnes, who watched as Ronin and Angi stood and headed for the shack. Ronin followed Angi's footsteps closely. As they entered she turned her head slightly, spotting him out of the corner of her eye, and smiled. She turned around and pressed against him as their eyes locked. Ronin slowly inched his head forward, raising his hand behind her head. They kissed, and as they continued Ronin's hand brushed up her waist to her breasts. She jumped up, wrapped her legs around him as he carried her to the bed mat.

Ronin awoke at sunrise the following morning. Finding himself completely naked against and equally nude Angi. She turned her head to look at him, and pecked his cheek.

"Hello stranger, quite a lovely night." Angi whispered.

Ronin smiled and sat up. A few minutes later they both threw their clothes on, and found a blazing fire already lit, the other four sitting around it.

"We're thinking of heading to town today, I want more ale and we could use more arrows." said Torvald. "I've lost a good few over my last couple hunts."

The band agreed, and set course for Falkreath an hour later after a quick breakfast of elk meat. The group neared a crossroads, with one way leading to town. Upon arrival however, a group of four nord men approached from the treeline. Two were clad in an assortment of iron armor matched with fur to stave off the cold, the other two almost look like the typical woodlands hunter.

"You know there's a toll on these roads...a simple hundred coins to support the city." one growled, stepping forward brandishing an iron sword. He was clearly the leader of the group. Upon his threat another emerged from the treeline, this one wearing assortments of fur and some kind of robe. He seemed to hold fire in the palm of his hand.

This is bad Ronin thought as he palmed the handle of his sword, and slowly reached for a dagger hidden on his thigh.

"There has never been one, and won't be today." Agnes spat as she stepped forward. She sized up rather well to the bandit leader.

The bandit swung his blade towards Agnes, which was met by a sturdy block from her own blade. The caster in the rear released his spell, causing a small explosion in the middle of both groups. Everyone was knocked off their feet. Ronin struggled to stand, in a daze staggered around. Regaining thought, he reached for his dagger. He threw it at the caster as the man attempted to conjure another attack. The dagger dug deep into the mans skull as the tip pierced his eye. The mage slumped down contorted, blood gushing from the wound. Ronin's group outnumbered the bandits, but only three of them were armed. Torvald and Agnes began to flee back up the road they came. Ronin picked up Angi, and pushed her along as he aided Rictus. They ran past the burned corpses of Hogir and Agnes, Torvald had not noticed. At this moment the remaining four bandits had regained their footing, and were in pursit of the group.

A full moon rose as the group returned to camp. Torvald dropped to his knees howling in despair, finally having a moment to lament over his fallen friend.

"There's no time to rest, that crossroads isn't that far away. They will be here soon if they followed us. I'll keep watch, the rest of you hide in the trees." Ronin proclaimed. He handed his bow to Rictus as the three climbed up in preparation for an ambush. Ronin jogged a few yards away from camp and hid in the thicket, watching for any sign of the bandits. Only a half hour had passed before he saw them, four torches blazing in the darkness. Ronin retreated behind the shack, and prepared to set up the attack for the others. Blade drawn, he crouched and listened in on the bandits arriving to the campsite.

"This has to be where those bastards are at, the tracks end here." yelled one. "Fan out and search everything, burn it all down."

The men set fire to one, and Ronin prepared to reveal himself. As he stood however, something familiar had returned. A baleful presence nearby, something terrifying. Ronin stared back into the dark past the trees, as the others began the attack from above. Snapping back to the situation at hand, Ronin charged out. Torvald jumped down on one of the bandits from above as Rictus and Angi rained arrows upon the other three, one shot finding it's mark on a mans skull. Meanwhile, Torvald's dagger sliced open his targets throat. The leader attempted to stab Torvald while he was distracted, but Angi retorted with an arrow in his back. Torvald spun around and fell, surprised by the near miss. Rictus jumped down as the final bandit leaped in for the kill on Torvald. Landing on the mans back, they both fell to the ground. Ronin rushed in to finish him off as Rictus recovered. The four circled around the wounded leader, who was trying to crawl away into the forest. Ronin flipped him onto his back, planted his foot on the man's chest, gripped his blade with both hands and raised it above his head with it pointed down.

"Please! I have a daughter! I wouldn't have done this if I had another choice!" the man desperately pleaded.

"Perhaps we should leave him here, give him some sort of chance..." Angi suggested.

"He's probably lying, better to kill him now." retorted Torvald

"Let's give him a fighting chance in the wild, that wound will probably take it's toll." Rictus added.

For a moment, time seemed to slow. The light of the full moon slowly lit up the area around him as it peeked over the treetops. Ronin contemplated for a moment what to do, but his thoughts were quickly overridden by rage and blood lust. For an instant, he could feel the baleful presence nearby, and heard a slight howl in his mind. Ronin drove the blade downward through the man's sternum, watching him gasp as blood poured out. As the man drew his last breath, Ronin could feel something coming. Leaving the blade buried in the fallen bandits chest, he ran over to the friends. Their weapons brandished, they stared terrified into the thicket. Ronin could make out the faint glow of many pairs of eyes. His attention stolen by one in particular, a pair of blood red eyes aimed right at him. Ten figures emerged from the darkness, they were large.

"Wh-What on...This can't be." Angi studdered.

"By the gods" Torvald whispered.

That's impossible... Ronin thought as he beheld the large wolf-like animals. His mind struggled to comprehend what stood before him

Werewolves

"RUN! Somebody help!!" Rictus screamed as he turned an ran.

The pack sprung forward, one fell upon Rictus and began tearing into his torso with its powerful jaws. Another struck Angi, throwing her into a nearby tree. The werewolf jumped in for the kill, repeatedly slashing her with it's sharp claws. Two of them fell upon Torvald who swung at them despereately, but to no avail. Ronin ran over to the corpse and removed the blade. He swung at one werewolf, it appeared to cut but had little effect. It responded with a savage slash that sent him flying back five feet. The wind escaped his chest as his back struck the ground. A few gashes adorned the right of his torso and part of the arm. He struggled to stand, but was immediately pinned down by a large black werewolf, the one with red eyes. It snarled at him, then bit into his shoulder. Ronin screamed, and the werewolf stood over him. It let out a baleful and powerful howl, and with it the pack retreated into the treeline. Ronin drifted into unconsciousness, as he stared into the eyes of the black werewolf. He blacked out, blood streaming into the snow below him.

His gaze appeared to be a hazy red. He ran through the forest, tearing apart everything in sight. People, animals, nothing mattered. The blood tasted sweet, and the feeling of tearing into flesh was invigorating. He turned around hearing a stick snap behind, a large black wolf leaped in, and all he could see was darkness....

Ronin awoke from his nightmare with a start, sitting up he scanned the surrounding environment. What he beheld sent the memories of last night rushing in. All of his friends were dead. He struggled to stand, and stumbled around as he did. He felt for the gashes that adorned his torso and arm, but they were gone. He fell to one knee and crawled forward to the corpse of Angi. Her face was still very intact, thus Ronin could Identify her. But her body was torn in many places, a massive pool of blood surrounded the body. He slumped against the tree next to her, and could see Torvald's body...or what was left of him. Rictus lay nearby missing his left arm, his back torn open.

Again...

Ronin stumbled up resting on both knees, and leaned back on his legs. He looked down and gazed at his bloodstained hands. The feeling of anger and grief suddenly overwhelmed him and he let out a savage cry towards the sky.

IT NEVER STOPS

Ronin looked one last time upon his lover Angi, stroked her cold cheek with his hand. Tears began to stream down his face, and he sprinted towards the trees screaming as he did.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Lore update: Alright we're finally here. Ronin has been infected with the werewolf curse. After finding his first love Angi, and befriending the hunters accompanying her, Ronin has yet again had happiness torn away from him. The "terrible presence" has finally revealed itself. It always seems to appear when Ronin is overtaken by his anger. And tonight the pack finally revealed itself in a violent way. I'de like to put out something about the werewolves of THIS story in particular. For now though, Ronin is on his own in the woods, headed who knows where

-Werewolves follow a kind of wolf pack social structure. The order goes Alpha-Delta-Beta-Omega, highest to lowest ranking members.
-The color of the eyes can be affected by race and strength.
-Red: Typically a Dunmer trait, but it is also developed by very strong werewolves of any race
-Orange/Yellow/Brown: Human traits (Nord/Imperial/Breton)
-Green/Brown: Orcs
-Blue/Grey/White(rare): Elven races
-Fur color has many different variations:
-Human races
-Brown, Gray/White
-Elven races often get tan colored furs in many variations
-Orcs fur appears gray, but has a light green tint
-Black is a rarer variation among werewolves, typically belonging to very strong ones in tandem with red eyes. It is far more common to develop than start off with this trait

(Credit to NSJones creator of "Heart of the Beast" mod, and spwned "Moonlight tales" mod. These are mods I use in-game to amp up the werewolf experience. HIGHLY recommend those two at least if you are a werewolf character in game. The colors they use in these mods helped me formulate what to go for in this story to kind of organize social order and race)

Last edited:

Ihadabadday

Chapter 4: Untamed

29 days have passed since Ronin was attacked by the pack of werewolves. The day before the night of the full moon

Ronin let out a deep sigh as he overlooked the boundary between the woodlands surrounding the Falkreath territory, and where the plains near Rorikstead begin. Perched upon a high ledge, Ronin basked in the sunlight. For almost a month, his heart was heavy with fear.

Am I one of them?

Ronin lept off the top, a resounding thud resulting from his twenty foot fall. He took it perfectly, recently his body seemed to be much stronger. He was able to run faster, and for longer periods of time. His overall strength had also improved, as he seemed to be stronger than three men combined

We will see soon...

Ronin headed off towards the treeline. The night after losing Angi he salvaged the lone tent remaining from the bandit attack, and set up camp. He chose isolation, afraid to establish bonds with anyone else. He was afraid of hurting someone, whether himself or the pack that has been a presence for most his life.

Arriving at the campsite, Ronin grabbed the stash of gold he had buried under a nearby tree. He decided to make a run into Falkreath for supplies, before heading back for the night. After a two hour trek into town, Ronin stopped by the shop to bag as much meat as he could afford. On his way out however, he decided to stop by the tavern.

"Two mugs of the strongest ale you have." Ronin grumbled. The barmaid handed him the first, which Ronin downed after four large gulps.

"Slow down stranger, you never know who might take advantage." the barmaid jested, winking at Ronin and blushing.

He looked at her for a moment, she was very beautiful for a Nord. Even her curves weren't enough to sway him though, a gloomy expression remaining on his face. Her smile dropped as she saw it, and gently pushed the second mug his way. She let out a soft sigh as she strode over to the fire pit behind Ronin. It stung him for a second to let her go, but at this point Ronin's heart was harder than stone.

A few hours later Ronin stumbled out of the tavern. Something was wrong though, his body shuddered as a new feeling overtook his senses. He looked to the sky and saw that the sun was setting.

Is this what it is? he thought shuddering.

Slinging the pack of meat over his shoulder, Ronin kept a brisk pace and quickly left town. Darkness had fallen over the land by the time Ronin made it to camp. He threw the pack towards the tent and fell to one knee. For some reason, he was in pain. He realized what was happening as moonlight began to shine around him. Looking through an opening in the trees, he beheld the full moon in all its radiance. It felt as though his bones were...changing. Lengthening and thickening, he felt everything shifting. His eyes took on a yellow wolf-like appearance. Gray fur began to grow all over his body. His hand touched his teeth, which were now sharp and changing place. He looked at the sky and screamed, the last human sound he could make before the transformation overtook him completely. All rational thought disappeared, his view took on a hazy red. Rage dominated every other emotion, he thirsted for carnage. The transformation was complete. Ronin looked towards the moon and let out a mournful howl. It echoed into the sky, and across the land. Ronin dropped to all-fours and took off into the surrounding woods...looking for his first kill.

The howl was heard for miles around.

"What the hell was that?" said a guardsman. A squad of ten Falkreath soldiers were out on patrol tonight, on the lookout for an escaped criminal.

"A wolf?" another added.

"That is unlike any I have ever heard before, it's...something else." the same one stuttered.

Another terrifying howl resounded in their ears, this time much closer.

"Somethings here!" one of the guards proclaimed.

"This can't be what I think it is..."

A moment later, Ronin leaped into the air from behind the thicket, landing in front of the patrol. He let out baleful howl at them as the guardsmen drew their swords.

"I-I can't believe it!" a guardsman screamed.

"Werewolf! Run for your lives!" two of them began to run.

"Stand your grou-" he was interrupted by the bloodcurdling screams of the two who were now being torn apart. Ronin had decapitated one with his claws, and was now tearing into the other one.

"We can't outrun it, kill the monster!" one of the guards yelled, and the group charged forward. Ronin looked up from the bloody mess below his hands, and let out an enraged howl. As the group closed in, Ronin struck down three of them with one powerful swing of his arm. Leaping over the stunned trio, he fell upon another stumbling backwards. Ronin's jaws ripped into the mans throat, blood spurting everywhere as his larynx was torn apart. One mans blade cut Ronin's back. It had almost no affect, other than enraging the savage werewolf in front of the doomed soldier. Ronin looked over at him, and lunged forward. His claws ripped through the mans neck, leaving the head to roll onto the dirt. The remaining guardsmen of the Falkreath squad were quickly cut down by Ronin, and he began to feed on a few of the carcasses. When he finished feasting, Ronin let out one more baleful howl into the sky, standing atop one of the decimated corpses of his victims. Blood pooled around their bodies, and in the commotion had splashed around the surrounding foilage. As the night drew close to it's end, Ronin wandered off nearby in the woods.

Ronin awoke the next morning slumped against a tree. His head hurt, and he lowered his face into the palms of his hands. He looked up towards the direction where the sun rose, and realized what had happened last night. He could smell the nearby carnage. He stood, and staggered in that direction, where thirty yards away he found his first victims. Ronin beheld the massacre in front of him. Ten bodies lay before him, some hardly identifiable after being fed upon. A few heads and limbs lay strewn all over the scene. Ronin fell to both knees and leaned back on his legs. Closing his eyes, he let his head dip down.

So this is my curse to bear...but why me?

Lore update: So this was Ronin's first full moon. Before the transformation took place, Ronin really didn't know to much about how the curse worked. Other than the stories he'd been told in the past, about werewolves and how they appear on the night of a full moon. Throughout the rest of the story, I am trying to stick to how our moon phase goes. The full cycle is complete after about a month if I remember right (like 29.something days). His first incident was a bloody one. Something that will further weigh down Ronin's heavy heart

Last edited:

Latest posts