5 Things Worse Than Dovahs

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
I didn't know giants were even dangerous, unless you attacked them, until level 63 on my first guy. I was just running past another giant, this time with my weapons out, and I just see the screen shake and my health fall, and I'm thinking, "DRAGONS!", and then I turn and see one of my lovable giant buddies attacking. I didn't learn the full extent of their power until I was wondering around near Whiterun with my first playthrough and I chase a fox into a giant camp. Next thing I know I'm hearing battle music and flying up high enough to see the white-gold tower.

XxKhajiit NickxX

The Cat Born
I would say, either Khajiit,or Lizard.
Khajiit have VERY sharp claws, used in Close Combat
Lizards can breathe in the water so that very good if you were going to sneak attack someone or hide from gurads ect.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
I would say, either Khajiit,or Lizard.
Khajiit have VERY sharp claws, used in Close Combat
Lizards can breathe in the water so that very good if you were going to sneak attack someone or hide from gurads ect.

Argonians

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Oh did someone mention the greatest threat to the country of skyrim (thanks Stephan Colbert) BEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAARSSSS!!!!!!!
Needless to say these monster are unholy killing machines who are worse than trolls. Because their is no justification asides from being BEARS!!!! Never have I feared caves and forests more.

PoisonPen

Draugr Deathlord Archers are by far the deadliest enemies in the entire game. They can still one-shot me at level 50+, and even the arrow-blocking perk is useless when they've just Fus-Roh-Dahed you across the room.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
Draugr Deathlord Archers are by far the deadliest enemies in the entire game. They can still one-shot me at level 50+, and even the arrow-blocking perk is useless when they've just Fus-Roh-Dahed you across the room.

Did you see Deathlords five times a dungeon when you were level 10? Sorry if that sounded rude, I just keep explaining that this is low level common enemies. Like, 20 at the highest.

PoisonPen

Did you see Deathlords five times a dungeon when you were level 10? Sorry if that sounded rude, I just keep explaining that this is low level common enemies. Like, 20 at the highest.

You can certainly encounter quite a few at level 1. You are guaranteed to find one at Lost Valkygg, one at Dead Man's Respite, at least *two* at Valthume, and several more at Forelhost. They're not common, but I know I've encountered them in my own games at levels far below 20.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
I didn't see my first Deathlord until I was level 5, and I was on expert or master or whichever one of thoise the highest one is. I'm saying commonly found. That's why I didn't put down Centurions, or Deathlords, or Wispmothers, or Dragon Priests or any of those.

Gaints arent much of a problem range at low lvls and when i got shadow warroir i could kill in 3 hit quick strikes before he hit me with 30x damage sneak :)

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
Shadow Warrior is not a perk you can get around level 10, and Ice Wraiths were pretty far up their on my original list of 10, but I only used these five.

EternalShadow94

**Some spoiler content exists in this article.**

So you've killed your first dragon, eh? Think your some kind of god? First of all, look at my signature. Second, you have a lot more things to worry about in Skyrim. I've slayed exactly 45 regular dragons and some more unique ones, and just know that you are nothing compared to these guys. I'll also tell you how to beat them and where you can find these monsters. The list goes in order of how dangerous they are, with 5 being the least dangerous and 1 being the most.

#5: Falmer
Falmer. Stupid Falmer. I've charged into groups of about 3 Falmer with 4 followers and still died! The things are like ants! You see one in a large room you know there'll be more and they'll have bows and magic and traps! Just walk into any ruin in Blackreach. Go on. I'll wait. See! The only good part is eating their ears afterward. Take that! You used to be beautiful elves, didn't you? Well now you can't even see my arrow as it goes through your skull!

View attachment 1441

You can, unfortunately, find them in pretty much any large Dwemer ruin, as well as Liar's Retreat and other such places. They come with whole hordes of backup, including Chaurus, magicians, archers and infantry. The best armor there is against these guys would be the Saviors Hide. To obtain this you do the Daedric Prince Hircines quest, "Ill Met by Moonlight". You do the quest and when given the choice kill Snilling, you kill him. There is a way to get both of the available Daedric arftifacts in the quest, but I won't touch on that here. They all use poison and are relatively easy to sneak past, but not to assassinate. Bring a powerful bow and a strong, enchanted two-handed weapon, as well as armor enchanted to help you sneak and a good shield and one-handed pair, such as Spellbreaker and an improved Blade of Woe, like I use, but a simple hide shield and iron mace will do. If you follow these tips, you should be able to conquer any Dwemer ruin much easier than you could before, and eventually every Falmer will look just like this one!
View attachment 1291

#4: Spriggans
I know what you're thinking, "Spriggans? Spriggans are easy! I mean, they're just nature spirits, right? What harm can they do to me, a big tough adventurer who hasn't yet been shot in the knee?" Well stop thinking that! They can do alot! Just think about it. They can refill all their health, turn into swarms of poisonous bees and enthrall animals! They can even enthrall a Dragon! And for any wood elves or people with the shout Animal Alliegance, don't try to take control of their minions or bring any enthralled animals. You will fail, as they can free them easily! You can find Spriggans almost anywhere in Skyrim, as long as you stay in the forests. The best way to kill them early on is fire! Whether it be an enchanted blade or a simple Flames spell, fire is the best way to go.
View attachment 1292
There is another breed of Spriggan as well, the Matron. They glow red, can heal themselves many times and are much more dangerous. Avoid them untill about level 20.

#3.5: The Silver Hand
These morons can normally only be encountered along the Companions questline, and they are only a real danger to necromantic conjurers, werewolves and vampires. If you bring back any undead, it will take extra damage from their silver swords and die. If you are a vampire, you will take extra damage from their silver swords and die. If you are a werewolf, you will... Well, you get the idea. I know because I have fought them as all three of those things, and the easiest way to kill them is to let other kinds of helpers and followers fight them or use beast form.

#3: City Guards and Chickens
My game was tainted from the start because of a chicken. Freaking chickens! I entered Riverwood and practiced swordfighting on a chicken. Next thing you know I'm outside with three dead bodies stripped of all items and dragging them into the river.
View attachment 1293
One of these was Gerdurr, my quest target. I followed the river, stopping at Whiterun and freaking out because they hated me. I ended up in the frozen North, so I fast travelled back to the Guardian Stones and went backwards, up to Falkreath Holds huge lake. I was killed by Slaughterfish, who would be number six just because you can't even really kill them, and went back to where I saved at Whiterun. I was promptly killed for the umpteenth time, and decided to head to Windhelm. I bummed around up there for about a week and headed back, only to talk to a guard and be arrested for manslaughter. I tried picking the lock, but I was killed again! Anyway, just don't tick off the guards early on unless you're rich, are willing to serve time, or have the perk that lockpicks never break. They can be found along roads and at any building at all in the hold.

#2: Trolls
I once saw a troll single-handedly kill a dragon before Ohdaviing even arrived on the scene. It died a minute later from burns, and it was just a blood dragon, but still! Not even a frost troll, just a normal one. They are easy for me to kill now, but I was killed by one three times climbing the 7'000 steps to High Hrothgar to meet a magical guy who lives way up north in the cold away from civilization who bends time and space with shouts.
View attachment 1294
Anyway, trolls can be very intimidating to new players, but rest assured there is an easy way to kill them. Just stand on a rock and shout him off a cliff or shoot fire at him. He can't get up there if the way up is behind you! They can be found just about anywhere, but the frost trolls are worse. They regenerate health unless on fire. Remember that.

#1: Giants
You really should be called the Giantborn in this game, as they are much more dangerous and much rarer than the Dov. I can't explain so I'll just show you.
View attachment 1295
They're found in woods and plains and along roads. They suck because if you get near them with any weapons they just stomp on you. You're dead. The end. My only word of advice is get on top of a rock and fire arrows. Make it a big rock. Distract him maybe? It doesn't matter, one of his mammoths will get you if he doesn't. Just avoid them.

Honorable Mention: Lydia
View attachment 1296
What about daedra?

#4. I have contraversy. My fiance just turned a spriggans animals against her last night. It was a matron. It had two cave bears n a sabre cat. He's level 22. He used animal allegiance and they went after her. She ran away screaming lol hahaha :D

Hannah

This is a real list, some could argue wisp mothers should be top but lets face it how often do you run into them?

Falmer speak for themselves if you don't hate them you probably haven't been near the reach yet.

Under level 20 Spriggans hurt if you meet one just run. Don't try to kill it. Even if you're a bad ass fire mage these guys have friends.

Gods the silver hand! I hate them I hate them more than Spriggans and Giants together. They just kick your butt all over the place. Pray you get the cave to retrieve the plans and not the fortress. My first play its what I got, they killed my horse, my follower and I reduced to melee because I ran out of arrows.

Coyote

The Epic
my first death: giant sent me flying.

testing to see if i can put two of these...

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
Yes, I am aware of that. Now I simply wade through Dwemer ruins with ease. Sneak-based character and all that. Remember, though, that I wrote this for beginners, and I didn't include any tips for beating them, really.

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
Once you reach the absolute peak of decked-outness (legendary Konahrik, legendary enchanted Daedric armour, tonnes of perks in Heavy Armour and One-Handed, legendary enchanted Daedric swords, etc) Giants are really nothing. Every time I see a Giant camp now I just clear it out in about a minute.