• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Must... resist... watching........ done :]

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Remember people, no spoilers here unless you properly mark them beforehand.

Jeruhmi

I would hope that anyone who is trying to avoid spoilers would not enter this topic, as the name just rings of spoilers.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Well, it’s to be expected from five year old hardware.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
It was but did they change the core hardware (i.e. processor/graphics card)? I only know that they swapped the mother board and added some more USB ports. But I don’t own it so I might be completely wrong.

Jeruhmi

Well if they released the new Xbox 360 without heavily updating the features... SHAME ON THEM!
I think it did get certain hardware updates, perhaps just not the graphics card :/

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
Nah, they didn't update the graphics or CPU. It would ruin how developers make games. I mean, they'll have to be like "ONLY ON XBOX 360 SLIM". :/

kCin

Well it would certainly be a sweet cash grab for MS, which i wouldnt put past them.
That aside, absolutely can't wait for the game. The amount of hours of my life I will waste enjoy playing this game...

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I think the next console generation should come out once the Unlimited Detail technology comes out for market. If that happens, console would be just as good as PC in general. There's a lot of doubters but I prefer to be optimistic about this one.

kCin

Wow, just looked that up. Very cool stuff. I think that technology like that will take a while to be phased in though, simply for the fact that everything we do at the moment is polygonal. It is certainly about time for a new generation of console though... Next E3 anybody?

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Never really followed E3 but game news goes crazy after E3 haha. I'm not looking forward to buying a new console anytime soon. I got my ps3 couple of years ago and I barely have time to play it. =/ probably because I just like PC games better.

kCin

True, but I really do think it is time for some new hardware. I think I read/heard somewhere that this generation of console has been the longest so far? Also with the new Nintendo console being revealed not so recently, there is probably pressure on MS and Sony to follow suit. I guess we will just have to wait and see...

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
True, but I really do think it is time for some new hardware. I think I read/heard somewhere that this generation of console has been the longest so far? Also with the new Nintendo console being revealed not so recently, there is probably pressure on MS and Sony to follow suit. I guess we will just have to wait and see...
Ah, well. I guess you're right. The current generation console has been out for a while. But I think the release of new console really depends on technology available, and sales rate. They've been pretty experimental with online services and 3 dimensional motion detection technology like Kinect. My guess is that new console generation won't happen in a while as long as the money keeps pouring and pouring. If they come up with some new technology that requires new hardware and everything and it's a guaranteed insane marketing advantages, the new generation will come.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts