• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    If no one is signing up for the Crusaders, perhaps it's best to start the thread and focus entirely on Glidias' group?
    Agreed. I just preferred to be up against and challenged by a human intelligence I myself couldn't predict. Oak dude, you okay with it? I can have the thread up probably sometime tomorrow if that is the case.

Staff member
    Yea, some irl stuff has come up
    For me so you guys can just do the rp without me, if that's alright
    I never relish leaving behind a fellow RPer. I will edit the main page and everything tomorrow. I won't strike your name from the list until then.

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
    Ok, well I hope you guys have fun, I just have a lot going on and can't participate in a new roleplay right now.

Vixen Blackbriar

Call Me Vix
    If this is still open, I'd love to participate. I could even do some bad-guy stuff and play on the opposite team. I can post a cc if so. But please tell me if you'd like a baddie or a good guy, since that changes which character I'd use.

Staff member
    If this is still open, I'd love to participate. I could even do some bad-guy stuff and play on the opposite team. I can post a cc if so. But please tell me if you'd like a baddie or a good guy, since that changes which character I'd use.
    I seeno problem with it, but the decision will be made tomorrow. I'm going to sleep now.

Vixen Blackbriar

Call Me Vix
    Totally fine. :) Here's my cc:

Name: Lynette Valencia
    Race: Breton
    Sexuality: Bisexual
    Marital Status: Single-ish
    Afflictions: Blessings of Dibella, giving her incredible beauty, and loads of danger to accompany it

Skills, abilities, and talents: A masterful seductress, Lynette from an early age was able to talk her way into getting whatever she wanted. She trained with the Dark Brotherhood, finding their league boring and abandoning it after learning the arts of poison and hidden knives. She may be wearing a fancy dress, but she's likely decked out in hidden knives and wearing some sort of poison, be it on the lips or in a vial hidden among the folds of her clothing. She's culturally very refined, and has a history of good faith with vampires, who she finds extremely alluring for the danger their seduction involves. When truly preparing for combat, she's also an adept enchantress, unskilled with magical schools but quite skilled at the infusion of magical energies with weapons, to the point of reanimating weapons to fight alongside her. Even with her amazing seduction and speech gifts, she is, however, usually found alone, as she trusts very few.

Appearance: Breathtakingly beautiful. Golden blonde hair, golden eyes, full pink lips. She's usually adorned in the finest, lowest-cut clothing, revealing a buxom, leggy figure. Her skin is tinted light golden as well, giving her a holy appearance that doesn't quite mesh with her unholy body language. ;)

Yuehui-Tang-fantasy-art-9576616-841-1162.jpg

(Sorry this picture is massive)
    Seductress Shift: A major skill Lynette possesses, this ability infuses her with Dibellan grace, transforming her into an even more adept enchantress and seductress. She takes on a Siren-like appearance, shifting to become whatever the opposition sees as the most beautiful form of woman, be it a loved one or otherwise, and uses this to strike at them while they're charmed. The amount of power this skill requires will oftentimes drain Lynette, forcing her to drain an enemy's life force in order to sustain it. It's also her last-resort, when her regular trickery falls flat.

Gear: Clothes, normally. She loves color, and will usually wear intricate adornments to frame her face and bust. Imagine slutty clothing, and you're pretty much there. When she feels like being practical, it usually involves a loose blouse, a tight golden vest, riding pants, and golden boots, adorned with Breton enchantments and covered over in satchels and bandoliers that she uses to carry jewelry and makeup.

Personality: A girl whose gotten everything she's ever wanted, Lynette is spoiled rotten. She acts wise beyond her years, understanding that people are naturally self-absorbed and exploiting that to get her way. She finds solace in materialism, trusting that items hold more value than connection and relationships with others. It's here that she finds herself insecure, wondering if people understand or care for her or simply for the beauty she presents, similar to how she attaches value to things with beauty. She considers herself the most suitable kind of woman, and distrusts other women, seeing them as objects that more often than not get in the way of her goals. She will do whatever she needs to do to accomplish a goal, resorting to violence and disloyalty should it be required. Dangerous as she is beautiful, Lynette is much more complex than a pretty face, but few find themselves able to see past it.

Bio: Left on the steps of the Dibellan temple in Markarth, Lynette was considered a gift from Dibella herself. Even as a babe, she held golden locks that fell beautifully around a heart-shaped faced, quickly winning the hearts of the priestesses, who found themselves deciding to raise the child as such a gift. She grew well in the city, much beloved by the people. Her beauty, like fine wine, became more refined with age. By the time she was 17, she was considered to be the most beautiful woman Skyrim had known, and she began to meet many a suitor. Receiving their gifts and praise, she found herself become engrossed with the idea of fortune. When she would bring the gifts back to temple, the priestesses would destroy them as sacrifice to Dibella, leaving Lynette heartbroken in her loneliness. A bandit raid on the city would change everything for her. As she returned home from a day at the market, she entered the temple to find it in ruin, many of the priestesses slain. Before she could react, a blow from behind ensured her silence as she was dragged to the bandit's cave. It was here that Lynette underwent torture. The men of the camp had their way with her body, in time breaking her spirit as she aged in the dark of their prison. Embittered and understanding the hearts of men, she finally managed an escape while falsely seducing a guard, slaying him with a broken fragment of bone. Weeks later, she was contacted by the Dark Brotherhood, joining their ranks and learning the arts of poison and refined seduction, becoming an extremely successful assassin among the nobility of Skyrim. Bored by the ease of her new life, Lynette boarded a ship out of Solitude, sailing for unknown waters. She travelled from port to port, eventually turning up inside a pub on the outskirts of Morrowind, where she began to hears rumors of a great war, and even greater monsters....

Staff member
    Definitely! That ability to take on whatever form. Another person percieves as beautiful would be extremely potent for either side. I can't imagine what Glidias would do if you looked like his wife or sister! *evil laugh* So, at this point idk if you should be for or against Glidias. I assume you'd be more of a rogue, doing your own thing as you see fit. (Like spying for the Crusaders, tagging along with us until you find a reason to go your own way, be that type of character whom we never figure out is good or bad). But, I digress. You're accepted.

Staff member
    Also, I noticed the pic in the CC doesn't show up right, and your profile pic looks suspiciously like the description.

Staff member
    So am I. I have all day pretty much to write, but we've got to wait for the others. I'm going to go ahead and look over some of the notes and advice GA gave me to nail down where it's going to start, and then get started on writing the start of the thread.

Staff member
    No my profile pic is Meridia. I don't know why the pic stopped showing, it was working last night. I'll link it: Here.

Rogueish-neutral works for me, I'm cool with being a turncoat, and as her loyalties are a weak point, it makes total sense. I'm super excited!
    Idk where to put your name on the front page .-.

Staff member
    No my profile pic is Meridia. I don't know why the pic stopped showing, it was working last night. I'll link it: Here.

Rogueish-neutral works for me, I'm cool with being a turncoat, and as her loyalties are a weak point, it makes total sense. I'm super excited!
    Are you going to be generally with or generally against Glidias? Idk if I put your name with the others or make a new section for you >.<

Ponder

International Man of Mystery
    Arvena R'on

Name: Arvena R'on
    Race: Dunmer
    Class: Paladin
    Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 150
    Build: Lithe
    Faction: Crusaders of Auri-El

Appearance
    4dae7d1336bcfb7754f58480b04400dc-d3os3vv.jpg

(Image is not owned by me. Her appearance is based
    around this image, but not everything is exactly the same.
    For example, generally Arvena wears clothing.)
    Personality
    Arvena believes in honor and duty, but not stupidity. When she swears an oath or commits to a cause, she'll remain entirely loyal, but she reserves the right to question her superiors. She's not fond of killing, but she will if it's necessary or demanded of her. More than anything though, she believes in kindness. Growing up as a Dunmer refugee, she spent her teenage years watching her destitute people squabble amongst themselves for meaningless titles and slivers of petty influence. Unlike many of her fellow refugees, she believed so much more could be achieved through cooperation, and has held onto that belief all her life.

Skills/Combat
    Like all paladins of the order, she wears golden armor and fights with a sword. However, rather than the heavy steel plate and massive two-handed blades favored by most of her brethren, she opted for light chain-mail covered by a white tunic--which bears the sigil of the Crusaders on the chest--and a longsword. She's proficient in restoration and destruction, and wields spells from either school in her left-hand.​
    History

Arvena lay in her bed, wrapped in silken sheets. The sun had just broken over the horizon, casting golden rays which, as they passed through the stained-glass windows lining her bedroom walls, fractured into a kaleidoscopic array of dazzling light, bathing her face in colorful warmth. Through the walls, she could hear the muffled sounds of her waking home. The morning gossip of servants as they dressed for another day of work, the pitiful wails of her infant brother, crying for their mother. It was another perfect morning in a long string of perfect mornings. And, unbeknownst to Arvena, it was her last.

A knock on the door awoke Arvena from her reverie. Light still streamed across her face, but it was grey, filtered light which never knew the luxury of those beautiful windows or the morning warmth of those silken sheets. Sighing sadly, she stood and resumed her harsh life. She knew she didn't have time for longing fantasies of her past, not when food was scarce and Ridol was starving. Without mother, Arvena had to spend every waking hour working or scavenging to feed her brother, even when her stomach begged for sustenance of any kind. Nevertheless, sometimes in the early hours of morning she indulged herself, and let her mind wander to a time when the present was warm and the future was bright.

She didn't know why the man at the door had even bothered to knock. Her home was nothing more than a small patch of dirt guarded from the elements by haphazard walls of old, rotting wood and a leaky roof--just one of many shambling shacks which had sprung up around Old Keep as wave after wave of refugees fled from northern Argonia and the An-Xileel raids on Morrowind's southern border. The walls were so sparse in some places that she could see through them, and the door was nothing more than plywood on a single makeshift hinge. She'd paid Old Bjorn the carpenter a few precious septims to fix up her home, but there was only so much he could do without proper funding or materials.

The stranger at her door was a priest, and an Altmer to boot. Priests were rare enough in refugee camps, but Arvena had never known an Altmer who deigned to walk among the destitute. But this priest, clad in a simple golden robe, looked kindly. The contrast between his elegant cheekbones and ruffled black hair lent him an almost comical appearance, but he stood, calm and poised, with an air of wisdom.

"Lady R'on, I presume?" asked the Priest, smiling.

"Not anymore. Can I help you?" Arvena crossed her arms as Ridol clutched at her leg, nervously poking his head out from behind her. Truth be told, there wasn't much for him to hide behind, but he made the effort regardless.

"Yes. Yes, I believe you can. My name is Brother Solvallus. I'm looking for your father."

Arvena frowned. "My father's dead."

Brother Solvallus' kind smile faded. "Oh. My condolences, my lady." After a pause, he spoke again. "Might I be welcome in your, your..." He searched for a proper word. "Er, abode?"

Arvena stepped aside. "Be my guest. But I hope you don't mind sitting in the dirt." Furniture was rare enough for the poor, and Arvena had only managed to procure a single bed for herself and Ridol. As the priest sought comfort on the floor, Arvena gently pushed Ridol out the door. "Go. Find Caspar, have some fun." Ridol ran off excitedly, searching for his friends. "And don't forget to be back for dinner!" Arvena called after him, although she didn't know why. They so rarely had enough food for dinner.

"How did your father die, if you don't mind me asking?"

Arvena turned, finding a comfortable patch of ground across from Brother Solvallus. "An-Xileel raid," she said bitterly. "Six years ago, near the border."

"And they killed your mother too?"

"No, she died later. Here, actually, in this room. Cholera."

Brother Solvallus frowned. "Surely she could have healed herself?"

Of course the priest didn't understand. He might be kind, but he had no idea what it was like to live with nothing. They holed themselves up in their temple, believing that somehow, just by existing, they did good. "No, she couldn't have. She was starving. We all were, and we all are. Nobody has any energy for magic."

"What about the apothecary?"

"No money, either."

Solvallus remained silent. After a thoughtful moment, he spoke. "You could have resorted to less... honorable means of acquisition."

"No."

"Not even to save your mother's life?"

"A crime is still a crime, regardless of the reason it's committed."

"So you let her die?"

Arvena bristled. "No! Of course I didn't! I worked and saved and scavenged to earn enough money to buy medicine. I told her Ridol and I could survive another week without food. But it wasn't enough. So, finally, as she lay dying like all the other Dunmer in this godforsaken town, I got on my knees and prayed. I prayed to Azura and Boethiah, to the Tribunal and the gods of our people. I prayed to the divines, to Akatosh, Mara and Arkay. I prayed to any god that would listen. But you know what? None of them did. None of them listened. Or, if they did, none of them cared."

"I'm sorry."

"That my mother died, or that your gods are careless bastards?"

Brother Solvallus' face remained passive. A long silence stretched between them, punctuated by the sounds of playing children and the squabbling poor. Finally, he stood. "I must be going." At the door, he stopped, and turned back to Arvena. "Please, Lady R'on, come with me. I'm part of an order dedicated to the service Auri-El. We could use someone like you."

"I have a hard time imagining you just recruit starving refugees to your cause. If so, it must be a weak cause."

The priest shook his head. "We don't, not normally. But there's trouble brewing in the east, across the sea, and we need all the people we can get. Your father worked as an informant for us, and I was sent to hire him, but I'd just as gladly come back with you."

"And Ridol?"

"He can come too! We'll raise him in the temple, and when he's old enough, he can join the order."

"But I can't even fight!"

The priest smiled. "That can be taught. It's the rest that can't, or at least, not easily. Honor, courage, loyalty--these things are far more important, and far harder to learn."

Arvena shrugged. "I'll consider it."

Brother Solvallus grinned triumphantly. "Please do." He pulled out a small pouch and tossed it to Arvena, who opened it reverently, letting the gold spill into her lap. "One of our temples, my temple, is in the Velothi Mountains. This should help you get there."

Arvena said nothing. In her lap was more gold than she'd held in her life. Easily enough to feed her and Ridol for a several months, fix her home, and buy new clothes. But she couldn't do that, no matter how badly she wanted to. The money served a purpose, and she couldn't use it for anything but. As Solvallus walked through the door, he stopped once more.

"The gods do care, Arvena, and they want to help you. You just have to let them."

NOTE: Sorry for the long history. I just have a blast writing these things :p. When it comes to the crusaders, I'd be happy to take the reigns (albeit in a sort-of indirect way) if nobody else wants to. As it seems like it's a powerful order, I'll also be making generous use of NPCs, if that's okay. This is all assuming, of course, that you're still allowing fellow RPers to be crusaders.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts