OOC 18 + The Vigilant

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    The year is 4E 210. Tamriel is, for the most part, at peace. There are rumours of skirmishes on the Dominion-Empire border, but the war both sides have been preparing for has yet to break out. Skyrim itself, is an independent kingdom, under the rule of high queen Elisif the fair. However, a series of brutal murders have been perpetrated throughout the snowy kingdom. The queen has summoned a group of experienced hunters to the capital, Solitude, in Haafingar hold. She knows as well as any, that putting a swift stop to these killings is important to her continued rule. However, stopping the murderers might not be as easy as it sounds.

Rules

1: No godmodding- Overpowered weapons, abilities, and armours are out. Such would include an armour that absorbs all damage, or a sword that forms magic barriers, or kills large groups of enemies with magical pulses, etc. Abilities, would be shouts, master-level spells, etc.

2: Be respectful to your fellow writers. Any issues will be resolved by me, or, if it gets too out of hand, a higher authority.

3: This will be an 18+ roleplay. That means cursing, gore, and sexual situations are all possible.

4: Experienced writers only, please. If I haven't written with you before, I'll need a writing sample.

5: Posts should be at least a paragraph in length, (5 sentences).

6: If you're not going to be able to post at least once a week, please DO NOT apply. Anyone disappearing without notice, and is gone for more than two weeks, will be removed from the roleplay.

7: Having two characters is acceptable, so long as you can handle them. If you need to drop one, please let us know.
    XXX

Last edited:

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    I spy a few typos in your introductory writing for the story :p

Glad to see a new RP cropping up. I won't have time to participate personally, but I will try to steer some traffic your way and make sure this gets some attention (if I have time over the next couple of weeks xD). Cheers! :beermug:

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    Been super busy lately, and there hasn't been many RP seekers asking me about joining RPs, but as soon as I get the time I'll start shopping around for ya'

Kivuli_The_Khajit

Werewolf Queen of Skyrim
    Looks like a good place to practice, and I'm on nearly every day. Fair warning, I tend to get stuck easy so I might fling a few 1-3-liners your way until I get my groove back from time to time.

General Information

Name: Kivuli Careesareeth

Race: 'Khagonian' (90% Khajiit, 10% Argonian)

Class: Rogue/Necromancer

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 140 lbs

Build: Lithe and lean, built for speed and stealth

Laterality: Left Handed

Sexuality: Pansexual

Marital Status: Single, with a massive crush on Farkas from the Companions

Properties: Dawnstar Sanctuary

Affiliations: Dark Brotherhood (Listener), Stormcloak (General)

Afflictions: Lycanthropy, ability to breathe on land varies from just a wheeze to completely unable day by day.

Habits: Speaking in the third person, observing others

Positive traits: Compassionate, loyal, joke-loving, intelligent

Negative Traits: Cold (To strangers/clients), dirty/pragmatic fighter, can be blunt about sensitive topics sometimes.

Likes/Loves: Running around and exploring in wolf form, curling up by a warm fire for a catnap, Farkas (Massive crush on him), helping out her Brotherhood.

Dislikes/Hates: Loud noises, serious stick-in-the-muds, most Nords, the Empire and Aldmeri Dominion(With a burning passion) and having her Brotherhood messed with. (They are her family...if what she did to Commander Maro is any indication, than do not mess with the Brotherhood if you want your innards to stay innards.)

Fears: Silver, Empire winning the Civil War, and the destruction of her Brotherhood.

Aspirations: To help the Stormcloaks win the war, and lead the Dark Brotherhood to greatness once more.

Other: Werewolf from her mother being a Companion, which is also how she knew of Farkas. Also owns Shadowmere now, who is also her 'minder' or 'leader' while in wolf form to prevent her from getting herself killed.

Voice: Princess Luna (The dark pony)

Appearance

Hair Length: Long and silky, reaching her tailbone.

2jbt8r9.png

Casual Attire: 'Mourner's Clothes/Hat' with a few magical enchantments in case surprise-attack.

Armour: Dark Brotherhood armor (cowl has an apparatus in the mask that lets her breathe water whenever her lungs won't handle air well so she doesn't have to constantly be near water.)

Skills

Master: Sneak, One-Handed

Expert: Light Armor, Conjuration, Lockpick

Adept: Pickpocket, Archery, Destruction, Enchanting

Apprentice: Smithing, Restoration

Novice: Alteration, Illusion, Alchemy

Gear: Ebony Dagger ('Black Lightning', Shock Damage and Turn Undead enchantments), Ebony Bow ('Black Blizzard', Frost Damage and Fear enchantments), Ebony War Axe ('Black Ember', Fire Damage and Silent Moons enchantments) (She only personally enchanted Black Lightning herself, Black Blizzard was made for her and Black Ember was looted.)

History

Early Life: Kivuli was born a ShadowScale, even though that sect was defunct her father Vistha Careesareeth still upheld that tradition and sent her to the Dark Brotherhood for training. There she learned how to be an assassin, and ended up bonding with a few of the members (Babette, Nazir, Arnbjorn, and Veezara).

Early Teens: Her training going well, she was making a name for herself in the brotherhood for being such a quick learner. Festus Krex, after much nagging on Kivuli's end, finally started teaching her the Conjuration school. Necromancy had really caught Kivuli's fancy.

Late Teens: With permission from Astrid, Kivuli ran to Windhelm to join the Stormcloaks. After an annoying trip to off some Ice Wraiths, she was accepted into the army and begun training. She was able to impress Ulfric and Galmar with how effeciently she fulfilled missions (Thanks to her Brotherhood combat training). When Skyrim became it's own kingdom, Kivuli left the Stormcloaks, telling them to give her a holler if the Empire or Dominion came knocking. She travelled for a bit while training in the Brotherhood, reuniting with her parents and learning where her beast blood came from.

Adulthood: Kivuli's status as Listener was given when Cicero showed up with the Night Mother. With a contract on the Emperor's head, she went with Astrid's plan to poison him, unawares she'd been sold out to ensure the safety of the Brotherhood....which horribly backfired on Astrid. Kivuli escaped Penitus Oculatus soldiers to find her home under attack. She was able to save Nazir, Babette, and Veezara, but the rest were dead or dying by the time she got there, including Astrid. Astrid had made herself a contract to atone for her misjudgements. And after this, well, they still had an Emperor to slay. While he was docked in Solitude for the meeting to have Skyrim formally recognized as its own independant kingdom, Kivuli was able to infiltrate his boat...and murder him when he reached his quarters. After that, her brotherhood's name was feared once more. But that still left Commander Maro to deal with, after all he lead the charge on the old Sanctuary. So, she hunted that sorry asshole down and tore him apart in wolf form. Literally TORE him APART into pieces in a blind fury.

Writing color: This

Last edited:

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    I may post up my CC here, I think Solenne would fit in well with this. :p

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Feel free. I've wanted to write with you since I saw your posts in Rise of the Falmer.

Drahkma

Dashing Imperial Officer.
    I'll have a CC up for monday. Most likely Carn.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Aww it always me happy when people mention RoF, since it hasn't been active in literally years. :p Here's my CC for Solenne. :D

General Information

Name: Solenne

Race: Bosmer

Class: Archer/Hunter

Height: 5'0"

Weight: 129 lbs

Build: Petite athletic build. Her arms are strong from years of hunting.

Laterality: Right Handed

Sexuality: Demisexual

Marital Status: Single

Properties: None.

Affiliations: None.

Afflictions: None.

Habits: Observing others, tapping her foot, drumming her fingers.

Positive traits: Loyal, observant, confident, caring, genuine

Negative Traits: Cold, solemn, quiet, stubborn, stoic

Likes/Loves: Stretching her bow, a warm fire, steak

Dislikes/Hates: Loud noises, crude humor, drinking/drugs, tight spaces

Fears: Caves, the dark

Aspirations: To become a master archer and visit Valenwood.

Appearance

Hair Length: Short and choppy, but there's enough of it there to warrant holding it back with a bandana.

Hair Color: Dark brown, with a hint of red in the right light.

Facial Hair: None.

Eye Color: Blue.

Skin Color: Olive

Casual Attire: White cotton shirt, thick brown pants and leather boots. However, she is rarely seen without her armor on.

Armour: Leather.

Skills

Master: Archery

Expert: Light Armor, Sneak

Adept: Cooking

Apprentice: One Handed

Gear: Hunting bow, Iron arrows, Iron dagger

History

Early Life: Solenne is the oldest of 5 children, raised in the mining village of Shor's Stone, just north of Riften. Her father was a miner, and hardly ever home because of his work. When he was home, he was either asleep or drunk, making him a less-than-pleasant person to be around. Solenne's mother was a frail, sickly woman who never left the house and hardly moved from her bed. This left Solenne to shoulder the responsibilities of the family and house from a young age. One of the other villagers in town, hoping to help them in some way, showed her the basic skills of hunting, and provided her with a bow to use. Solenne's bow never left its place around her shoulders after that.

Early Teens: The birth of Solenne's youngest sibling was bittersweet, as her mother died shortly after delivering. By now she had dealt with enough hardship between her father's borderline abusive behavior and providing for her siblings that she was able to hide and suppress her emotions when confronted with the loss of the mother she had never had a meaningful relationship with. The other villagers whispered that perhaps she was traumatized by it, or was simply cold-hearted, but Solenne ignored all of it. She was spending more and more time hunting out in the woods, and only came back because it was required of her.

Late Teens: Eventually the day comes when Solenne decides that she is no longer needed to be the sole provider for her family. With their father rarely ever home, the elder siblings have been finding odd jobs to make money, and have a steady enough income that she can finally leave. Leaving her last load of furs so that they can sell them, she says her goodbyes to her siblings and sets off into the woods, smiling for the first time in years. Solenne spends the following years sharpening her hunting skills further, expertly wielding a bow and sneaking through foliage and shadows as well as any Thieves Guild member could.

Adulthood: Solenne has spent her time alone in the wilds of Skyrim becoming a master hunter, never once venturing back toward her home. The only time she seeks human companionship is when she sells her furs to buy new armor or archery equipment.

Drahkma

Dashing Imperial Officer.
    Name: Ardus Carn

Race: Imperial

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 180 lbs.

Appearance:His face is pale and gaunt with high cheekbones, and clean shaven, with several small scars. His eyes are steel grey, and hard as the blade of his sword. Some say they contain a deep seated hatred, and they would not be far wrong. His hair is cut short, black, and streaked with grey.
    Ardus is heavily muscled from years of training with various weaponry. His body is covered in scars, from numerous battles. The most notable of these scars is a star burst shaped scar, just over his heart, left by a crossbow bolt.

Affiliation: Himself, his employers.

Class: Ardus is not a straight up and up warrior. He doesn't believe in such things as 'honourable combat.' When Ardus gets into a fight, he gets in it to win, and doesn't hold back until his targets are on the ground. He prefers to use his steel hand and a half sword, sometimes in tandem with his maine-gauche, but has no problems using his hands and feet to get the job done. He dislikes bows and sneaking, and is pretty much useless when it comes to ranged combat.

Weapons: A hand and a half sword, a steel war axe, and a maine-gauche. Can also use the spikes on his boots, in an extreme situation.

Armour: Ardus wears dark grey leather armour, tempered to resist slashing blows, but still very flexible. This covers most of his body. On his shoulders, forearms, shins, and thighs, dark grey, almost black steel plate protects him. Wears a pair of black leather boots, with steel spike toes.

Dislikes: Honourable men, naivete, those who try to cheat him.

Backstory:Ardus was born in the capital of the Empire, the Imperial City. He never truly got on well with his family, and was seen as somewhat of a loner. He was obsessed with weapons, and often left his chores at home to train with the guard. Though he had the makings of a good guardsman, Ardus disliked having to follow orders. By the time he was eighteen, he'd become cold and distant. He left home, and worked as a blade for hire.

He relied on and trusted only himself. By the time he was twenty, Ardus had created quite a reputation for himself in Cyrodiil. Imperial lords were clamouring for his services, either to remove a nest of bandits, or a rival. His actions in the heartland of the Empire made him both many admirers, and many enemies.

When working a job, he was betrayed by the Imperial lord that had hired him. A squad of Imperial soldiers ambushed him, and one fired a crossbow bolt into his chest. The bolt nearly killed him. The Imperials left him for dead in the streets, where he was discovered by a Dunmer woman. The woman took care of him, and nursed him back to health, enduring Ardus' distrust stoically. When he recovered, he paid the woman a handsome sum of gold, and learned her name: Sevassa.

The Imperial lord was found later that month with the same bolt that had nearly killed Ardus lodged in his throat. Ardus, having grown fond of Sevassa in his own way, left Cyrodiil with her. They settled in Hammerfell, where Sevassa attempted to convince him there was more to life than killing. He didn't believe her, but he agreed to try, for her sake.

They lived like that for a short, sweet year, Ardus becoming a novice, though promising blacksmith. They married on the first of Suns' Dusk. Unfortunately, this happiness was not to be. Some of the enemies Ardus had made in Cyrodiil had finally tracked him to Hammerfell. They feared him, and so instead of striking at him, struck at Sevassa. Ardus returned home, to find her slaughtered like a common animal.

Ardus left Hammerfell harder and colder than ever. He spent months tracking down the men responsible. He found them. Hurt them. Eventually killed them. This feat earned him the nickname, the Wolf. For once he caught the trail of those he hunted, he never lost them. Though condemned to a criminals death in Cyrodiil, Ardus never feared for his life. For those that called for his death, there were at least twice that many who called for his services.

This for text.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Yeah absolutely! I don't remember who initially made this template, but feel free to use it for you characters. :) It is really nice how in depth it goes. :p

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Character Name: Aiden Kassius

Race: Imperial

Marital Status: Single

Sexual Preference:
    Heterosexual

Class and Combat Preference: Spellsword. Being a witch hunter, Aiden is skilled with both the blade and the arcane. Though he prefers to close the distance quickly, as most of his spells are focused on defence, rather than offence. Once within reach, Kassius makes short work of his foe with a series of slashes and stabs. Though this attack may look random and careless, each blow is carefully calculated. Few Lycans, vampires and witches can stand up to the man in single combat.

Character Appearance: Aiden is well muscled, though not quite as large as the Nordic warriors that are prevalent throughout Skyrim. As he relies more on speed, rather than the endurance required to wear heavy armours, and heft greatswords and warhammers. He has fairly short, black hair, and icy blue eyes. His facial hair is usually neatly trimmed, though it's not unknown for him to let it grow out slightly, should he be in the field for long periods of time.

Armour wise, Kassius wears the garb of a witch hunter of Arkay. The armour is somewhat reminiscent of the armour worn by the Dawnguard, though slightly less conspicuous. The armour compliments his fighting style nicely, as it allows flexibility and speed, but also provides enough protection from the occasional slashing blow. A wide brimmed hat completes the outfit, though it offers no real protection from attacks. The colouration is a neutral brown, with a black pauldron on the left shoulder. Inscribed into the steel pauldron is the following: Suffer not the heretic to live. The foes of the righteous shall be condemned.

As for weaponry, the witch hunter carries a silver sword, anathema to lycanthropes and undead alike. He also carries an assortment of scrolls and holy waters in the satchel at his side. For the more desperate fights, he has a steel dagger, usually concealed beneath his coat. As per his training, he can cast some novice and adept level spells, usually focused around warding and healing, though a few in his repertoire are focused on injuring and banishing the undead.

Character Image: See thumbnail.

Personality: If one word were to be used to describe Aiden Kassius, it would be 'uncompromising.' Of course, this is not unusual for witch hunters, as their duties often show them the worst the world has to offer. Kassius, like his brethren, took a holy vow to guard the world of mortals from the evils that lurk in the dark. Though, some say he performs his duties with a little too much enthusiasm.

He is not afraid to bully, coerce, or even torture his fellow mortals to get what information he needs. There is no doubt in his mind that evil needs to be destroyed. Any that protect that evil will meet a similar fate. Mercy, after all, is a weakness, one that Aiden crushed and cast aside long ago.

History: Though a formidable and brutal witch hunter today, Aiden was not always the grim hunter of darkness. For most of his life, Kassius lived on a farm in Falkreath hold, making his living, alongside his family, under the dark, gloomy skies of that hold. For the most part, the civil war left his village alone. This, of course, was before the vampires descended from the fortress of the Bloodlet Throne. On a trip to Falkreath, carrying crops to trade at market, Aiden came across a village, razed to the ground by the vampires.

Though horrified, he continued on to Falkreath, trusting in the hold jarl to commit soldiers to destroy the vampire menace. Great was his surprise, and disgust, when he learned the jarl, Sidgeir of Falkreath, had not only ignored the slaughter of his people, he'd surrendered the entirety of the hold to the vampires!

Sickened by the mans' cowardice, Aiden left the hold, never to return to his life of farming. However, before he could take any action against the vampires, the war with the undead was over. People were one again, preparing to continue the bloody civil war, preferring to forget the devastation wrought by by the undead. However, shortly after the wars' end, he was approached by a group, calling themselves the Paladins of Arkay, dedicated to destroying the undead wherever they might be found. Aiden joined the group, though the life of a holy knight was not for him. He believed too many of the wicked, man and beast alike, would slip past their scrutiny. He and a group of like-minded individuals formed the witch hunters, and dedicated themselves to rooting out all evil, wherever it may hide.

note: Much of Kassius' backstory is based upon Origins, my story I am currently working on. You don't need to concern yourselves too much with this, as little of his backstory will have a large impact on this particular story.

This, for text colour.

Attachments

• Witchhunter.jpg
      Witchhunter.jpg
      73 KB · Views: 3
    Last edited:

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    I like the CC, Madrar, but would it be possible to choose a different text color? That dark blue is pretty hard to see on the dark gray. :p

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Alright. I've edited for a more gold-yellow.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Beautiful. :D If it hasn't already been claimed, I would like the blue I use for text. :p

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Fine by me. I think we'll wait for maybe one or two more people. If we haven't gotten any more interest by say, friday-saturday, we'll just have to start with the group we have.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Okay, since we've gotten, quite literally, no further interest in this, I'll be putting up the IC thread. Not sure how long this'll last, but it's worth a shot.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Woo! \o/

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Alright. IC is up. You can have your characters either show up at the Winking Skeever, or wait for me to post my intro.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts