1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    Dismiss Notice

OOC [18+] The Last Dragonborn

Discussion in 'Skyrim Roleplaying' started by Zelda, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Kivuli_The_Khajit

Kivuli_The_Khajit Werewolf Queen of Skyrim

2. Specter of Death

Specter of Death Long-Dead Member

Gonna attempt to get a post up tonight friends! Thanks for the patience, let's keep this baby running :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. DropTop

DropTop Member

Perhaps we have another moderator while Zelda is gone so it doesnt die. Been relatively inactive lately I'm just waiting for responses to post

4. DropTop

DropTop Member

Also just an observation, majority of these forums end because we put to much effort into small talk versus accomplishing something which whatever floats your boat i don't mind if you enjoy the small talk but I think we should get perhaps a quest on our characters mind so the forum gets spicy. A suggestion would be maybe the dragon born requesting aid while walking up the trail to high hrothgar. I don't know about anyone else but I like the idea of the dragon born having our characters help him alongside the main questline of the story. It'd be a great way to develop our characters through a huge plot.

5. Specter of Death

The whole point of this thread is for character to character talk. Doing what a normal person would do in the world of 4th Era Tamriel. I do however agree that perhaps we post a little more, or try to? Everyone is busy, that's life, but these stories are escapes for us from the busy lives we live. I'm gonna get on and start building reputation points, that usually kicks up some motivation

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. DropTop

DropTop Member

You missed my point but no worries, my suggestion was adding an objective to give purpose to the conversations through questlines. Not to negate from character to character talk, but for a general concencus amongst whoever is interested in a questline. That's what I'm leaning towards.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hart

Hart Active Member

I don't want a plot line. I want to developed my character, she how that will work. Too many times have I seen an RP "follow" a story line and end up going waaaay off track.

And yea, some of us do that lives. Zelda has a life, I have a life, Keidivh has a life, everyone here does. We move at different paces, so everyone is going to have to learn to be patient with one another. Do you not see how slow the traffic is on this site? Demanding that we have a constantly going thread of replies isn't the best thing. Others might get lost, and that throws an entire wrench and a couple of screws into the whole thing getting back on track.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Specter of Death

For sure. I agree, patience and understanding is the key here, but respect and loyalty is as well. I only bring up the topic of more posts because I have been on this forum for long before alot of you have (there are some obvious outliers), and I have seen many a perfectly awesome thread die because too many people forget about making a promise to write and escape with a community of peers. They get caught up with life and lose track, and I for one want to avoid people falling behind, being left behind, and/or killing this thread. Of course it's understandable for not having once a day, but I think a once a week at least from each of us is okay to ask. Not rushed, just anytime weekly, and if people don't have time or subbed and joined an active rp thread without accepting the responsibility to find time at least weekly to post, they shouldn't have applied and should withdraw. In fairness to everyone.

That's my idea, anyway, everyone gets a post in once or so a week. Or more, of course!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hart

Hart Active Member

Which is fine! Honestly, I check every day, hoping for a new post. But I've noticed Zelda usually comes around on the weekends, which it fine. Might be her only time she has a minute to breath.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Specter of Death

That is a definite fact about Z. She is usually on every weekend, and therefore usually gives posts about weekly. I too am always at least reading and checking in daily if not responding. But I can't formally post on my phone so I have to wait for a computer to do that (which is now about weekly)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Hart

Hart Active Member

As said, life happens.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DropTop

DropTop Member

Hmmm maybe I'm being too literal. However it plays out I'm fine just tossing out ideas

• Like Like x 1
  13. Zelda

Zelda Princess of Hyrule

Thank you all for your patience you all are absolutely amazing for being so patient with me, and I really do appreciate that. I've been extremely ill the past few days, so I do dearly apologize for my absence. I will be catching up on everything once I return home. But again, thank you all so much I truly hope I did not upset anyone. ♡

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    lizardisok: 20 Points Mar 16, 2017
  14. Hart

Hart Active Member

Oh my goodness, I hope you feel better! Please get well soon.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Kivuli_The_Khajit

Get better soon dear Zelda!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Keidivh

Keidivh Noble exile of High Rock

@Zelda
    I'm sorry to hear thar Zel, I hope you have a speedy recovery!

In regards to the plotline, I'm kind of in the middle. On one hand I want to focus on our charries relationships and personal stories, but without something to kind of tie the story together it can get a bit messy (just from what I've experienced)

And sorry for my silence, just didn't want to move on so Zelda had a chance to reply

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Kivuli_The_Khajit

I know I'm not involved yet, but I agree with Keidivh. We need an overarching plot, but one that lets us focus on relationships and character building. Keep everything from turning into a massive mess.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Zelda

Zelda Princess of Hyrule

Again thank you all for your patience it's very much appreciated! And thank you Hart I am feeling much better now ♡ For those who are concerned about the plot this role play was meant for a more basic plot. What I mean by that is there are multiple mini plots within one plot. Skyrim has one main plot but it has multiple different conflicts within that said plot so for us, this roleplay was designed for NPC characters. Thus, our characters aren't going to be doing a lot of "action" if you'd like to call it that but more so living their lives as the Dragonborn does what he needs to do. This would mean yes, there isn't a lot of plot and sometimes the role play can become very slow; however, that is the purpose of this thread. It isn't meant to be a fast-paced all-action sort-of a role play, but rather one of a sweet and long story - if that makes sense. We will have action every now and then, such as perhaps our characters fighting a dragon with the Dragonborn or even join the Stormcloaks or Imperial Legion or going to the College of Winterhold ect. ect., but this is more at our pace so you all decide what kind of "mini" plot you want to choose and conjoin all of the plots into one: just as the Skyrim plot is meant to be. Because there are so many different stories going on at once, when somebody's missing, other people can still role-play and be involved in the same thread. This allows a lot of people to join into adventures or just stick with their own and wait. But again, these are all NPCs and NPCs do not have a lot of action with them but rather stories; some do have action as well but again we don't want to override the Dragonborn as he is the main character. This role play is based on the NPC's and simply living in Skyrim. If you want instantaneous action, then this roleplay thread is probably not for you; which I completely understand! Everyone has their opinions and it will not upset me I promise you! I just wanted to try something different rather than one action-filled story and have something more with the NPCs themselves and how the world of Skyrim is. I hope that makes sense! It's really late so I ramble on, and again, I apologize for my absence: I've been extremely busy extremely ill and it's just been one mess of a combination haha! But I hope that clears things up? I will be replying to the main thread tomorrow. (I hope during the day - although, it might be the evening depending on how things go.) I will be also add two more characters for those who've been very patient to interact with as well as myself working on two other characters to add on later. Hopefully that will help with the whole interactions and whatnot! So again I apologize and I will catch up to things. Kivuli, you are free to create a character and place it in this thread and I will review it tomorrow. I'll be very excited to have you join this group if you still wish to! Again, thank you all so much for being so patient and dealing with these inconsistencies. I have a few trips I have to go on later in the month so I'll make sure to tell you all exactly what my schedule is. I'm sorry this is so wordy I'm trying to fit in everything I'd like to say before I head off again and I'd be happy to explain more. So if you guys have more questions feel free to tell me and I'll get back to you tomorrow but I'm very excited to work with you all. Also don't be afraid to ask me questions; I'll respond to you as soon as I can. Thank you all so much. ♡

• Like Like x 1
  19. Zelda

Zelda Princess of Hyrule

I will be putting up two more characters up for interactions. Just ask me if you would like an interactive character, tell me which one, and I'll place them with your character! <3 And sorry for the previous message's 'blockiness': I'll space it out so it is easier to read. I was unable to get to a computer and my phone hates this website's typing block, so I have to use the speech command gah! But I hope I was able to explain things, and I am open for any questions regarding the response if you didn't understand. <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Zelda

Zelda Princess of Hyrule

The Destructive Beauty

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Name: Keres

Nicknames: Mistress Keres and Keres the Necromancer

Birth name: Keres Tenebris

Race: Nord; Hoping to someday be a Lich

Height: 5'7

Weight: 130 lbs

Sexuality: Asexual, but acts heterosexual

Laterality: Left Handed

APPEARANCE

Skin/Scale/Fur Color: Pale Tan

Eyes: Fuschia-Violet

Hair Color/Horns/Ears: Dark brunette

Hair Style/Feathers: Straight Long Dark Brunette Hair

Build: Slim and Slight Curves

Scars: None

Tattoos: None

Piercings: One ear piercing on both ears on the lobes

Other:
    N/A

APPAREL

Constant Wear: Her clothes are sultry and tend to show a lot of skin, despite being in the Skyrim winters. Because of her haughty self, her clothes are usually revealing and does not bother her as she prefers the cold.

Casual Wear: A very sultry outfit much like a violet corset with chains and lace, along with detached sleeve with connected gloves. The corset reveals her hips before a showy long skirt follows downward, with shoes of sandals with ribbon laced upwards below the knees. She wears a lot of jewelry, and all of her clothing consists of enchantments.

Armor: When in heavy battles, she wears her normal attire with robes over-top.

GEAR

Weapons: She finds normal weapons... barbaric. She prefers the use of magic and magic only. If needed, she will conjure a bow or weapon. She does, however, carry an ebony dagger, and a few Staffs depending on where she is and if she wants something that doesn't drain her magicka.

Magic (If applicable): Magic is her strong suit. Her favorite school, of course, is Conjuration. Whether it is summoning the undead or conjuring creatures, she is ready. She enjoys Illusion and Destruction as well, along with Restoration to heal herself. She is well rounded in all schools of magic, truthfully. If she wanted to, she could destroy the Arch-Mage in the College of Winterhold.

Other: She carries a lot of potions, scrolls, lockpicks if needed, and spell books.

PERSONALITY AND VOICE

Personality: Sultry, Seductive, Clever, and Wicked, are all worthy terms. She isn't afraid to use her looks for deceit; which usually works. Her selfish ways and ultimate evil strides make her ruthless, dark, sadistic, haunting, malicious, and cold, all while being her sultry and seductive self. She always shows her darkness and evil; of course, she still may have a bit of light in her... maybe. From the looks of many, no hope is to be found.

Fighting Style: Seductive and Magic. Seduce a person and back-stab them. That rarely happens, as most confrontations are instantaneously occurring. Rather, she usually jumps into magic. Conjuring others to aid her or do most of the work is what tends to occur.

Habits:
    +Despite being distasteful towards physical weapons, she does carry around a dagger; just in case she somehow cannot access her magicka.
    +She can be often be found talking to inanimate objects or unintelligent creatures; usually skulls, objects, rabbits, etc.

Voice: Charlize Theron - Queen Ravenna

-Creating Scrolls/Spells
    -Power
    -Wealth
    -Night
    -Alchemy
    -Butterflies

Dislikes:
    -Arrogance
    -The Stormcloaks, Thalmor, and the Imperials (Pretty much everyone)
    -Skeevers
    -Betrayal
    -Being Fooled
    -Giants
    -The Weak

MISCELLANEOUS

Affiliations: Her and her fellow necromancers' version of The Order of the Black Worm

Afflictions/Fears:
    -Death
    -Werewolves
    -Being Tortured
    -Complete Darkness

Properties: Hob's Fall Cave; she is the head of the group of necromancers that were replaced with those trying to revive the Order of the Black Worm.

Job: A fellow Necromancer; they kill when they need supplies, and loot anything they possibly can. She sells books, scrolls, potions, and even is willing to take dead bodies of murders and secret assassinations if she is paid to hide the evidence. She is also willing to kill certain people if she is paid and is allowed to take the bodies if she wants. Despite being so distant from the cities, she has many "strings" attached to people; so she is very wealthy and powerful in the darker areas of Skyrim.

Combat Skills: She's clever, quick-witted, seductive, and powerful; a dangerous mix to be reckoned with. Her use of magic is a powerful one; one of which she isn't afraid to show. It is difficult to take her down due to her ability in magic and spells as well as her charmingly deceitful nature.

Other: She openly worships the Daedric Princes Vaermina and Molag Bal. She believes Vaermina chose her to be her mortal representative of a God-Like being. In order to gather a larger power, she worships Molag Bal as well, hoping to gain his powers he is willing to give her. She also dislikes The Order of the Black Worms - the group that the necromancers were trying to revive by praying to Mannimarco - because of the fact that she believes she was destined to be the new leader of necromancy. She also finds some of the choices Mannimarco made to be idiotic, and murdered the necromancers that believed otherwise.

HISTORY/BACKSTORY

As a child, she was the most innocent and pure of heart a child of Skyrim could possibly be. Her love for the sun, warmth, and happiness was incomparable by her joyous aura. As a Nord, she was often disliked by her community because of her open interest with magic. The other children called her weak, and some of the parents joined in as well. She also began to worship the Daedric Prince Vaermina, as she thought it was incredible how she could connect people to dreams and nightmares and make them real. She did this for many years, before she slowly gained an interest in Molag Bal; however, it was very small.

Her parents were stereotypical Nords that disliked the use of magic, so she kept it a secret for as long as possible, until a gossiping parent shared the info of their daughter to be a practitioner of magic. In anger, the parents burned all of her books about magic, including her journal. In anger, she cursed her parents' names under the name of Molag Bal, which in turn distributed fear into them. Her mother beat her as her father prayed for their daughter to "be saved", until Keres was barely alive. That night, Keres realized the power that a small name could have. She prayed to Vaermina, asking for guidance. In a dream, Vaermina spoke to her and told her she would be chosen and Vaermina would give her guidance if she were to somehow prove her loyalty. She gave the hint of "Pray to another," before leaving her dream.

The next day, Keres never left her room, trying to rewrite every spell she could possibly remember before she would forget. Her parents never bothered her. That night, Keres prayed to Vaermina, and then Molag Bal, asking for guidance. Suddenly, objects began to float around her room, a strange darkness engulfing the area. The voice of Molag Bal spoke to her, telling her a great way for Vaermina to trust Keres was to murder one of her parents, resurrect them, and make them murder the other, before killing the undead once again. Questioning why, Molag Bal explained that Keres had "a great potential to Vaermina" and that Keres would someday be of great use to Molag Bal. At first, she was reluctant, until the Daedric Prince told her "right now, you are a weak, spineless mortal. I have no need for you, and never will. But it is always nice to have a mortal willing to send me more souls my way..." With that, the voice left, leaving Keres with the choice.

The next evening she left her room, eating for the first time in many hours with her parents. She tried talking to them, but their answers were short. She walked outside and tended to the garden before the thunderstorm came in. She was then approached by other teenagers who began to torment her with questions such as "Why are you a demon worshiper?" and "Talk about a nightmare in real life - seeing you!" and "I heard your mother beat you. Magic is weak if you cannot stop your own mother from defeating you." From there she stood, realizing the rumors were spread tremendously, as she returned inside the house. She began to cry, sitting on a chair.

Her mother came into the room, and put her hand on her shoulder. "What is wrong, sunshine?" she asked, kneeling down. "They... they say such horrible things..." she stammered, sobbing. "What did they say?" Her mother asked. Wiping her tears, Keres sniffled. "Why is it... so wrong... to speak to Vaermina and Molag Bal? Vaermina helps me remember everything in my dreams... Molag Bal lets me learn about Necromancy... I can bring grandma back... and auntie Ysma..." "That is evil, Keres." her mother cut her off. "But I can help people." "NO. YOU TALK TO THEM?" her mother spoke louder. "I pray to them, because they actually treat me with fairness. Well... not much of Molag Bal, but Vaermina-" "YOU PRAY TO THEM IN THIS HOUSEHOLD!?" her mother screamed, Keres wincing. "JOVENSTIN QUICKLY!! KERES HAD BROUGHT EVIL!"

Trying to explain, Keres stood and began to back up. Her father came into the room and grabbed her, holding her down. He began to chant prayers, as well as her mother, as her mother began to beat her once again. "Please forgive our sunshine! Our dearest Keres! Bring her justice, oh wise divines!" Keres continued to cry out, asking them to stop, pleading as she bled. Suddenly, Keres screamed, expelling a fire that pushed her family members aside. She stood, facing her father, shooting him with a bolt of lightning, causing an instant death. Her mother watched in terror as she faced her father, and used the conjuration spell to reanimate her father. Once her father was the undead, she turned around to face her mother, and pointed to her. Her father pulled out a dagger and began to stab her mother, to which her mother tried to fight back, with no avail. From behind, once her mother was dead, Keres shot a massive fireball at her father, returning him to death.

The poor young woman began to gather supplies, before leaving her home. She never looked back, and never returned. Traveling many days, she was trying to make her way to the College of Winterhold, in order to learn more about magic. However, she was captured by a group of necromancers nearby, who were trying to use her as a sacrifice to revive the Order of the Black Worm. She was able to persuade them in sparing her, as she showed off her own necromancy skills. It was then that she learned of what The Order of the Black Worm was many times ago. In secret, she thought the group was idiotic, but continued to play along. Instead of worshiping Mannimarco on her spare time and out of the group, she would pray to Vaermina and Molag Bal. However, she was becoming worried as Vaermina had stopped speaking to her. In fear, she traveled far and wide to find a way to seek her out.

Finally Vaermina spoke to her once more, telling her that every night she would give her knowledge of the arcane arts in her dreams if she were to spread the worship of Vaermina. Keres agreed, content with the power Vaermina was bestowing upon her. While returning to Hob's Fall Cave, she was presented with the voice of Molag Bal, telling her that he too would give her ultimate power if she were to spread his worship. She agreed without second thought, and continued home. When she returned, she told her fellow necromancers that they must worship Vaermina and Molag Bal, as they were worthy of the evil arcane arts they desired. Many objected, to which Keres threatened them. A miniature battle arose, to which Keres was able to quickly annihilate those in her way. From then on, she was in control of the group.

Extra: Her entire life is very ironic; the fact that her overly-religious parents caused her to despise them, only for her to become super religious as well. She also despises Mannimarco for his choices with the Daedra, and she already is following the same path without noticing how such evil Daedra will return her karma after death.

Text Color

[ THIS CHARACTER IS CONSIDERED A VILLAIN TO THE DRAGONBORN. YOUR CHARACTERS MAY INTERACT WITH HER: EITHER TO SUPPORT HER, BEFRIEND HER, OR DESTROY HER. THIS IS A TOUGHER BOSS, SO IF YOU DO DECIDE TO FIGHT HER, IT WILL TAKE SOME TIME, AS SHE IS A WELL-DEVELOPED CHARACTER, AND BOTH I AN OTHERS WOULD MOST APPRECIATE IF MULTIPLE INTERACTIONS OCCUR WITH THIS ENEMY (OR FRIEND, IF YOU SO CHOOSE).]

• Winner Winner x 1
    #140 Zelda, Mar 17, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2017