• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Snoball

23rd President of the United States of America
    Happy B-day Zel <3 Not a doubt in my mind you'll be walking away from this situation stronger than you were going into it. As everyone has said, take your time, we're here rooting for ya!

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    Thank you all so much for your, while be it short, support! I am much better now, and everything has miraculously to say frankly fallen into place. A huge weight has lifted from my shoulders and I couldn't be more thankful. So again, thank you sooooo much! Much love from me to you all <3

Anyway, I will not be able to post here until tomorrow evening to catch up. I have an exam to study for (irrelevant to all my problems, aha!)

Have a great rest of your day or evening! <3

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    Alrighty! I am back! And thank you all for the birthday wishes! <3

@Farendaire We'd be happy to have you join us! First, I would love to see a writing segment of yours: just to observe how you write. :D You can simply place it here in this thread: and it can be whatever you want to write about! Perhaps a improvisation of something? Just to see your style.

RyBarRez

This thread is awesome! And here I thought I was alone in the world still interested in RP, Skyrim and the like.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Hart

Sassmaster
    I look foward to your post, @Keidivh. I’ll try having mine up soon

Farendaire

Happy to see that everything worked out for you @Zelda ! I would have liked to provide a writing segment taking place in Tamriel, but have been dealing with the flu for a few days now - so I'm going to copy/paste this snippet of a snippet from FFXIV RP and hope it suffices. ^-^

The heavens had cast unto Ishgard a wicked storm that night, yet one who chose to brave the streets as the wind’s howl pierced the air might have observed in the blizzardly white a raven-haired woman appear in a flash of aetherial light near to Farendaire Manor. She was gone just as quickly as she had appeared, dashing quickly across the street, key in hand, to pass through the crimson and ebony-gilded doors of her familial home.

“A-ah! My lady, you must be near-frozen to death - pray, come to the fire in the reception room,” responded an old hyuran maid as the woman shut the doors behind her against the wind; snow already littered the foyer from but a few moments.

She was slow to respond, yet once she had recovered from her ordeal outside the raven-haired woman shook her head to the old maid with a warm smile. “Thank you, Flytia, but I am still very well, I assure you; still, it’s good to have a roof over my head.” She hesitated to continue, frowning slightly at some unspoken thought, before she turned about and gazed out the window into the storm. “…I only worry for everyone who can’t get to one.”

“Oh, Lady Judielle, I am sure they’ll weather this nonsense as they always have,” the maid replied chipperly, approaching the raven-haired woman to relieve her of her overcoat.”

“There’s always the few who do not,” Judielle responded in kind, gazing out the window until Flytia had taken her coat and hanged it aside. “And I pray you, Flytia, this nonsense of me being a lady cannot do anymore; if I must bear a title it should be Mother, but you know I would not have any if I chose.”

The maid smirked and shook her head at Judielle’s request, thinking it odd but expecting about as much from the eccentric daughter of her employer. “Yes, yes - speaking of mothers, Lady Celine returned to us earlier from Castle Farendaire and missed you dearly during supper. Her last request before retiring to her bedchamber was that you go to her as soon as you returned.”

Judielle cringed at that, her gaze turning warily to the crimson-carpeted staircase central to Farendaire Manor with a foreboding look. She had barely spoken with her mother about her intention to join the clergy, let alone go through with ordination without her consent; she feared the worst from her, though she went as she was bid to up the stairs and towards Celine’s chambers.

She paused at the door, her hand raised against the wood yet unwilling to rap against it, as if its bearer feared the woman behind it more than the sky’s fury now being unleashed upon the Holy Land. She stood there for a moment which felt unbearably long, yet lasted only for a few moments, and suddenly she was through the door without as much as registering an invitation - though there had been one, probably.

Farendaire

@Specter of Death Yes, based after my last Skyrim playthrough and the same basic OC as the one featured in the snippet. Judith Farendaire, daughter of two Breton nobles in the Kingdom of Daggerfall. Both devoted to Stendarr and stirred up in the questing culture of the province, she was drawn to the Vigil of Stendarr for a chance to see the world, its members' lifestyle of austerity compared to the relative wealth of other sects in Daggerfall, and the belief that she'd actively be going out to search out the troubles of the people. Although the Vigil is best known for its active search for Daedric activity, Judith does her best to help the distressed she meets in her travels according to the Precepts of Stendarr, offering healing, advice based on the gods' teachings, and acting as a third party to resolve disputes. Shortly before the Year she requested a transfer to the Skyrim chapter under Keeper Carcette to help the populace during this period of chaos and under the general belief that the Four Abominations (daedra, lycanthropes, the undead, and vampires) are emboldened during such times. A do-gooder, but suffers from overthinking religious doctrines and the morality of her own actions when alone with her thoughts.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    She sounds lovely! Do you think you could put that all together in a Character Card? Makes it all easier to find and organize for all of us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hart

Sassmaster
    I guess people got busy huh?

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Hart if you wanted to, you could send your Char out and stumble upon Rolard and Thorriniir discussing Dragonbone. And then Thorriniir could talk to her and stuff about it’s alchemical uses!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hart

Sassmaster
    I was waiting for Keidivh to post and go from there, he must be busy

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    Yeah sorry, got a bit caught up with my friend moving in and other shenanigans. Have some free time at work so I'll get something up in a couple hours!

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    @Specter of Death Yes, based after my last Skyrim playthrough and the same basic OC as the one featured in the snippet. Judith Farendaire, daughter of two Breton nobles in the Kingdom of Daggerfall. Both devoted to Stendarr and stirred up in the questing culture of the province, she was drawn to the Vigil of Stendarr for a chance to see the world, its members' lifestyle of austerity compared to the relative wealth of other sects in Daggerfall, and the belief that she'd actively be going out to search out the troubles of the people. Although the Vigil is best known for its active search for Daedric activity, Judith does her best to help the distressed she meets in her travels according to the Precepts of Stendarr, offering healing, advice based on the gods' teachings, and acting as a third party to resolve disputes. Shortly before the Year she requested a transfer to the Skyrim chapter under Keeper Carcette to help the populace during this period of chaos and under the general belief that the Four Abominations (daedra, lycanthropes, the undead, and vampires) are emboldened during such times. A do-gooder, but suffers from overthinking religious doctrines and the morality of her own actions when alone with her thoughts.
    And another Breton noble eh? Welcome :D

Simus

An Excellent Site Member

Hart

Sassmaster
    Right, so. I’ll post later today. It’s going to be a bit short though.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts