• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I'm so sorry for being so absent guys. These 2 weeks have been something else entirely for me. I have a fairly long post ready to go and I just keep adding to it but it's not good enough yet because I have been so unable to sit down and write lately. We lost our service cat, my best friend has been essentially permasick, so I have been taking care of her and looking for our cat, along with battling stress migraines.

I promise I'll find time this week, I'm just so sorry I haven't gotten to yet. Happy Independence day a day late to my American Friends, and and happy wednesday for my other not american friends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hart

Sassmaster
    You do what you need to do, Spect. Life happens. Take care of your friend. Hope you find that cat safe and sound.

Hart

Sassmaster
    @Harkatti

As far as I am concerned, yes, this is still open. But Zelda is the big boss around here, she makes that decision. Feel free to make a character and post it, but you're not allowed to post in the RP until you've been approved. This is to prevent OP characters.

But seriously, stick around and chat, we don't get new members that often. At least, ones that are halfway coherent.

Harkatti

Sorceress Supreme!
    Name: Lyrissia Alethia
    Race: Dunmer
    Sexuality: Heterosexual, but comes across as asexual
    Birthsign: The Shadow
    Profession: Assassin/Bounty Hunter

Laterality: Ambidextrous
    Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 145 lbs.

Appearance: Lyrissia is a typical dunmer woman, except for two distinguishing attributes; her hair, which is a deep red, and a pair of long scars on her left cheek. She has a modest bust, and shoulder length hair, a thin nose, and the charcoal grey skin of her race.

Apparel: Lyrissia wears a set of cuir bouilli armour, which offers her manueverability and moderate protection in battle. She is almost never seen out of her combat garb, but when she is, she prefers muted clothing, that allow her to blend with a crowd. When travelling, a mask covers her lower face, concealing her scars, and a hooded, grey cloak, offering protection from the elements.

Weaponry: Though she has experience with a number of weapons, from axes to daggers, she is most skilled, and in fact prefers, weapons that are easily hidden. At the moment, she wields a matched set of blades, one a sword, the other a dagger. Both are slightly curved, though not to the point of a scimitar. This makes them ideal for both slashing and stabbing attacks.

Fighting style: Lyrissia is a combat pragmatist, not being shy to kick, or in fact stab a man when he's down. She prefers to take her targets by surprise, but if discovered, she becomes a whirling derviss of blades, disorienting her enemies before cutting them down.

Personality: Lyrissia is generally a focused and quiet dunmer, contrary to the common belief that all young dark elf females are rather...promiscuous. Part of this is due to the profession she has chosen, and part is because of the loss she has suffered.

When forced to partake in conversations, she is revealed to have a dark sense of humour, and will not hesitate to humiliate others around her. This is, of course her way of coping. Those few that know her well, know that she harbours a deep seated lust for revenge, one that she will see through, even if it costs her her life.

Dislikes : Anarchy, loud noises, clumsy people, and Stormcloaks.

Goals: In general, she states that she wishes to claim enough gold to eventually retire to Cyrodiil. Personally, she wishes to bring Decius' killers to justice, but, as she has no idea who they are, beside them being stormcloaks, this makes her goal almost certainly unobtainable....but don't tell her that.

History: Lyrissia was born in a quiet village just outside Leyawiin, in Cyrodiil. For most of her life, she was content, and loved by those around her. Though she had plans to eventually, become the villages medical practitioner, tending to minor wounds with her mothers' supervision, fate had other ideas.

War broke out in Skyrim- a nord by the name of Ulfric Stormcloak rebelled against the Empire, and declared the northern province an independent kingdom. Predictably, the response by the emperors' legions was swift. Soldiers marched north, intent on putting down the rebellion before it could gain any ground.

One afternoon, a cohort of Imperial legionnaires came through the village, among them, a young man stood out to Lyrissia. His name was Decius Commodious, and he was as smitten with her as she was with him. Against her parents' wishes, she accompanied him to Skyrim.

The two spent their off duty time, he from fighting, and she from tending to wounded soldiers, together. They were well and truly in love, and planned to start a family, once the insurrection was dealt with. Once again, fate intervened, this time, for the worse. Decius' patrol was ambushed, and slaughtered. Word of his death reached Lyrissia at camp a day later.

A change came over the usually friendly woman. She became cold, withdrawn, and one morning, several days after her lovers' death, she left the camp. Unknown to the imperials, she fell in with darker characters, who were all to happy to turn her onto the path of murder and mayhem. And she was more than willing to oblige.

Since that day, Lyrissia has become a nightmare in the dark, stalking Stormcloaks and their supporters throughout Skyrim. Willing to take contracts from anyone, so long as it ends in Stormcloak blood watering the frozen ground.

Preferred text colour: This, if available.

Last edited:

Snoball

23rd President of the United States of America
    Welp, seeing as a couple others are looking to hop on, I figured I'd like to give this RP a go if that's cool with everyone (and of course Zelda). I love how much character development you guys have put in, despite only being a few pages into the story haha

Assuming this is still open, I'd love to drop a CC whenever I get the chance today (after work presumably!)

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    Hello everyone! I thank you all for your patience in my absence. I was hosting a large party and visited family members the past few days. I now have an unforeseen painful medical condition that will hopefully dissipate in a few days, otherwise I might not be online for a bit. (It is also a tad difficult to be online at the moment, but I will adapt!) But enough personal matters! Onward to news!

@Keidivh Congratulations on your anniversary! I hope you two had a wonderful time!

@Hart @Keidivh That would be an interesting plot with those two! I'm glad to have sparked an idea! I would love to see their intertwining relationship of the past.

@TheOutsider You have a wonderful character! This role play is perfect for him: as all these characters are NPCs. There are a plethora of characters one could make this way: interesting background or not. You are welcome to join the role play! HOWEVER, before you do so, you MUST consult one of us members on this thread through private message or simply on this thread. You need a plan for your character. It doesn't have to be a major plot (I am actually against that for this thread) but you need a plan of action for your character. What will he be doing? What characters will he interact with? I myself have a few characters available, if you would like to interact with me. This is no ordinary roleplay with one plot: we've had four different stories going on at once so far. You have to be creative, so be prepared! And don't be afraid to talk to us about some ideas you have for your character. One "story" I would stay away from your character joining is the journey to solitude of Valencia, Ihylin, and Rolard, as that "plot" is already far ahead. So before you can move on, you must discuss some plot ideas for your character with me :) And again, don't be afraid to ask others what characters they have availible for interaction.

@Harkatti You have a lovely character! She will certainly fit in to the role play. However, the same thing that applies to TheOutsider applies to you: you must have a plan of action for your character and what character(s) she will be interacting with. Read the paragraph above for more information! :)

@Snoball Of course! I'd love to see your character card!

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    @Zelda
    Thanks Zelda! And I'm sorry to hear that, I hope you get better soon! And don't worry about us, we're happy to wait =)

And welcome to all our newcomers!

Hart

Sassmaster
    I'm looking to make a new character tonight, so if anyone would like to get a sneak peak, lemme know. :D

Hart

Sassmaster

Well, haven't quite decided if I want to do a child bandit or an archer with severe shell shock from the wars before the White-Gold Concordat.

Snoball

23rd President of the United States of America
    Gorlocke: Ye Big, Olde Bastard

orc.jpg

General
    • Name: Gorlocke
    • Nicknames/Alias: "Gor", "The Wrothgar Butcher", "Big Bastard"
    • Race: Orsimer/Orc
    • Birthdate: 7th of Frostfall, 4E 167
    • Birthsign: The Tower
    • Birthplace: Orsinium, Wrothgar Mountains
    • Class/Occupation: Bounty Hunter/Mercenary
    • Affiliations: The Silver-Bloods (served as a personal bodyguard to Thonar & Betrid Silver-Blood), East Empire Company (performed odd jobs here and there on their behalf)
    • Religion/Patron Deity: Malacath (worshiped formerly), Zenithar (currently worships)
    • Laterality: Right-Handed
    • Sexuality: Heterosexual/Straight
    • Relationship Status: Single
    • Family: Father was the chieftan of orc tribe in Orisinium, killed by his heir, Veruk. Mother was the chief's 1st wife and current wise woman of the tribe. Grandmother was the former wise woman of the tribe before her death. Younger brother Veruck is the current chieftan of the tribe after besting their father in combat.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Appearance

gor 3.jpg
    • Height: 6'10"
    • Weight: 395 lbs
    • Eyes: Dull Green
    • Skin: Dark green, darker than most Orcs
    • Hair: Bald, Eyebrows very thin/non-existent
    • Build: Has a muscle gut, contributing to his 'big bastard' nickname, which he owns up to 100%
    • Scars: Missing right tusk and Glasgow smile on the right side of his face, obtained in a battle during his time as a mercenary. Along with these facial injuries, he has a plethora of scars and welts along his chest and back from countless encounters throughout his years.
    • Tattoos/Piercings: Orcish Tribal-esque tattoos on back, obtained during his time in Dushnikh Yal.

Combat
    • Armor: Gorlocke's armor is of a special make, a unique hybrid of both Nordic Steel and Orcalicum pieces. It was forged by a Nord smith who had heard of Gorlocke and his past, and forged it as a thanks for fulfilling a bounty on his behalf.
    • Weapons: An orcalicum, butcher-style greatsword. It has no tip but instead has a curved flat head, meant for cleaving instead of stabbing. The sword's edge has indents intended to maximize cutting/bleeding potential. The sword belonged to Gorlocke's father before he was accidentally killed by Gorlocke himself.
    Gorlocke Sword.jpg
    • Clothing: If he is looking to settle down for a bit and relax, Gorlocke can strip pieces of his armor down to just keep the clothing underneath remaining. This entails simple baggy pants, leather boots, and a leather holster around his chest. (think Iron Bull's outfit from Dragon Age: Inquisition)
    • Magic: n/a
    • Skills: Gorlocke is incredibly proficient with the use of his greatsword and heavy armor. His magic prowess is completely non-existent, but he makes up for this with unrivaled health and a seemingly endless supply of stamina. He also picked up on basic alchemy from his mother back during his time in the stronghold. He cannot make poisons, but is capable of brewing simple healing/stamina potions.
    • Fighting Style: Gorlocke is the very definition of a tank in combat. A bit of a masochist, he enjoys seeing how much pain he can take in combat and pushing this threshold to his limits. He isn't stupid with this however, and will immediately ramp up his offense if he has underestimated his opponent's strength. Being in close-quarters with the beefy orc is almost a sealed deal for him, as only 1 or 2 mighty swings of his massive ripper blade can slice a foe clean in two. What he lacks in speed, he makes for in sheer, brute strength.
    • Weaknesses: Magic users are Gorlocke's Achilles' Heel. He was never properly conditioned to take on mages or any magic of any sorts, and can easily be outdone by any half-decent user of magic. Incredibly fast fighters can also hold their own against him, as his massive size and heavy blade make his offense quite slow. A fast fighter would have to be able to dish serious damage to him however, as his pain threshold would allow him to remain in combat for as long as he needs.

Personality

Gor alt.jpg
    • Personality: The term, "Don't judge a book by its cover", could not hold more weight than with Gorlocke. Despite being the size of a mammoth and having a face not even Mara would take pity on, he is still a big, softie beneath the rough exterior. Although he used to be the typical angry, brutish Orc, he has long since turned a new leaf. He is an optimist, and will try to remain positive even when pl*ps hits the fan. He can be very humorous and sarcastic as well to lighten up the mood if need be. Despite this, he approaches combat in way that would put other orcs to shame. Slightly masochistic, he enjoys putting his pain threshold to its limits in battle, and as such thoroughly enjoys a good fight. The only subjects that kill his positivity are any that relate to his father, family, or his time in the stronghold, as those memories hold a burden on him and remind him of a time he could not live up to his potential.
    • Morality: True Neutral
    • Positive Traits: Incredibly Friendly (despite his appearance), Strong-willed, Disciplined, Humorous, Typically Jovial attitude, Able to withstand tremendous physical abuse
    • Negative Traits: Short Tempered, Tremendous Pride, Reckless, Not easy to calm after he has been angered.
    • Likes: Fighting, Feeling Pain, Laughing, Telling Jokes/Stories, Debauchery, Drinking/Eating (a HUGE amount), Non-Orc women
    • Dislikes: Uptightness, Complete Silence, Weakness in his opponents, the Civil War (all sides)
    • Afflictions/Fears: Dying in "pathetic" fashion (Falling off a high ledge, choking on something, getting poisoned), Returning to Orsinium to confront his family
    • Habits: Daydreaming about past adventures, Randomly feeling the scar on the side of his face with his hand
    • Voice: Iron Bull - Dragon Age Inquisition
    • Goals: Making as much money off bounties as he can and possibly settling down in the near future.

History
    • Childhood: Born in Orsinium as the second eldest of eight siblings, just a few minutes before Malacath's summoning day. His father admired his son's strength and fortitude, and would train with him personally. The training was brutal however, typically leaving Gor just short of serious injury. Gorlocke would also learn basic alchemy from his grandmother, the wise woman of the tribe. The chief was always certain either he or his younger brother Veruk would become chief of the stronghold.
    • Teenager: A band of adventurers stops by the stronghold. Tales of their travels intrigues and inspires Gor, making him ponder what life would be like beyond the walls (excluding the occasional hunting trip). Being of equal strength to his younger brother Veruk, Gorlocke is forced to challenge him to the death to eventually be able to confront and usurp leadership of the hold from his father. Gor cannot find the strength to fight his brother, thus ensuring he is never to become chieftan.
    • Early Adulthood: Veruk eventually becomes chieftan, and Gor is happy for his sibling. However, he does not want to live in his shadow, and exiles himself from the hold. This strains the relationship between the brothers, as Veruk believes Gor is doing this out of spite and contempt for his seat of power. This saddens Gor, but also acts as motivation to pursue the life he dreamt of when he was an adolescent, becoming an adventurer.
    • Present Day: Gor travels between Skyrim and High Rock as a bounty hunter, tracking down the north's most undesirable and dastardly contracts. Many throughout the north have come to hear tales of the infamous Wrothgar Butcher.
    Text Color: THIS UGLY SHADE OF GREEN

Last edited:

Harkatti

Sorceress Supreme!
    Okay, so I edited my CC with goals and a couple of other things. I really don't have an idea of where to jump in, but am open to anything.

Hart

Sassmaster
    I'll get to posting today, work had me busy.

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    Again, thank you all for your patience and understanding! So far I am still well, and I believe improving!

Anyway, I can't believe I missed this somehow, but @Specter of Death take your time! We are all glad you are well!

@Hart both sound like lovely characters!

@Harkatti Oh! I am sorry if I wasn't clear: I really do apologize. For goals and whatnot, I mean this by discussing with other members of this group (either on this thread or through private messaging) to discuss what your character will be doing. For example, let's say I had a simple warrior. Now what would my warrior be doing? Well, I could ask Keidivh if he add any available characters that are not being role played with at the moment, or have a free open slot for interactions. Perhaps he would say "Yes! I actually have a character who owns an Inn." Then, us two would discuss how the characters would meet, and what they would do, and what goals their interaction would be. Perhaps Keidivh could state that nearby, drauger are scaring visitors away, and I state that maybe my character could stroll into town, and our two characters will go into the caves and destroy the undead! So it is a bit like a checklist I need to know before I can let you start role playing.
    1.) Who will your character be interacting with?
    + Simply ask members if they have any free characters! I myself do, so if you are worried about others (which everyone here is super friendly!) you can always ask me.
    2.) What is your character's goal with your partner's character?
    + This is basically how will our characters meet? What will they be doing? Will they become friends, or try to kill one another?
    3.) How will the goal be met?
    + This is more of the terms of how they will interact. Will they go on an adventure together? Will they fight bandits? Study magic together? It is all up for discussion!

Does that make sense? If not, do not be afraid to say so: I'll do my best to reword it for you! <3

@Snoball I love your character! I was thinking about making a big softie orc myself, ha! He seems like a sweetheart deep down. Anyway, the same rule applies to you as Harkatti. You need to discuss with other members of who you want your character to interact with, and how they will do so. As I said, I have characters I would be happy to let you see, but feel free to ask others as well. Don't be afraid to step up and ask!

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    Also, another announcement! ( I tried sending this right after my last post, but my computer crashed and I had no time to wait on it!)

The Dragonborn WILL be appearing very soon! I have my first double CC that will be introducing the first quest available for a few characters to take a part of! So, if you feel the need to make any new characters who will be free to do this first quest alongside the Dragonborn, this is the time to do so! Also, do not fret! This is the first of many quests I will be offering.

Some quotes to hint at the quest's description:
    + "Damn creatures! If they weren't bad enough in my nightmares..."
    + "I will slay them all myself! No one can stop me!"
    + "I never told her the truth... but I never realized her curiousity would become stronger than fear."
    + "The guards are cowardly bastards: will you help me?"

Hart

Sassmaster
    @Zelda
    @Keidivh

Hello! Zelda, I'm really glad this has gotten moving along nicely. I actually wanted to ask a favor of you two. I don't write fight scenes often, so when I get it rolling, if either of both of you want to portray bandits or whatnot, that would be amazing. Truth be told, I haven't written in years, so my writing style is very rusty.

I don't care if it's mild or something highly crazy, but more dialog between all the characters is something I strive for, in this case, working together to strengthen bonds. Zelda, Keidivh and I have been working on how our characters are related in the past. Once this is set in stone, more or less, I will update you via PM with the details. I hope you don't mind, but the caravan travels was about 45 minutes-1hour. Since we have so many people in this RP, it's a little difficult to line them all up properly. Not to mention if certain people are still involved, as I don't know. I do hope you are feeling better, and everyone wishes a speedy recovery for you!

Errr. Keidivh, any input on the post?

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    @Zelda
    @Keidivh

Hello! Zelda, I'm really glad this has gotten moving along nicely. I actually wanted to ask a favor of you two. I don't write fight scenes often, so when I get it rolling, if either of both of you want to portray bandits or whatnot, that would be amazing. Truth be told, I haven't written in years, so my writing style is very rusty.

I don't care if it's mild or something highly crazy, but more dialog between all the characters is something I strive for, in this case, working together to strengthen bonds. Zelda, Keidivh and I have been working on how our characters are related in the past. Once this is set in stone, more or less, I will update you via PM with the details. I hope you don't mind, but the caravan travels was about 45 minutes-1hour. Since we have so many people in this RP, it's a little difficult to line them all up properly. Not to mention if certain people are still involved, as I don't know. I do hope you are feeling better, and everyone wishes a speedy recovery for you!

Errr. Keidivh, any input on the post?
    I thought your post was great Hart! As for the bandits, I don't have a ton of experience setting up scenarios, but if @Zelda is willing to take the lead I'd be happy to help! I'm excited to see how our charrie relationships will develop! And YAY Dragonborn!!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts