• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    You can actually get the best ending without moving your EMS if you do all the DLC and get all possible War Assets.

Andre Marek

You can run, but you'll only die tired...
    Just to confirm, the best ending is to choose destroy with max war assets right? This is the one I usually take because it results in a scene with Shepard taking a breath, i.e s/he lives.

And yeah, I figured it was bullplops but still. It's nice to imagine.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    If you do a little research, read between the lines and read from the wiki that only The Reapers are destroyed in the ending, not the Geth or anyone else, then yes.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    I either do the control or synthesis endings. Having Thane as a lover, and with him dying, it felt better to me to have my Shepard go and 'reunite' with him. I mean, yes, the destroy ending is nice, but then I usually end up thinking how unlikely it would be for Shepard to survive long enough for help to show up.

Yeah, I know I'm a pessimist.

Drahkma

Dashing Imperial Officer.
    Okay, I've had Corvis confront Skylar with the knowledge that she's an agent. I hope it doesn't seem like I'm putting too much of what I know into what Corvis knows. This is basically just him guessing his way through it. Which is why he's threatening to bring her in to the Dominion base. Anyways, if anything seems wrong to you, Marek, just let me know, and I'll do a little editing.

Andre Marek

You can run, but you'll only die tired...
    Naw I like it. Corin is a bounty hunter after all so drawing conclusions like this is kind of what he does for a living. I'll do a little thinking before I decide how I want Skylar to respond. Shell definitely be a little aggressive because of Corvis' threats but I don't think anything will get out of hand.

willowwisp

I'll have a reply up soon as well, but it shouldn't interfere with what you have planned.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Ah, damn it. I think...maybe...I might need to put up Arcanus' CC for this. Been watching the progress of it so far and I'm very tempted. If it's alright with Bane, of course.

Baneloth

I remember Arcanus from among the stars. I think it'd be awesome to have him in the Hunt. Only thing is, how would he fit in? No one's going to take him for a bounty hunter.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    I was thinking he'd arrive on Eregin for a sort of snap inspection of the Aldmeri base in Blacklight. Then he learns Derek, Marek, and Jessica are on the world. Might also be Ataro is a threat to the Dominion as well?

Baneloth

Sounds good to me. It could be like a reunion...with possibly more shooting?

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Something like that. I'll have a slightly edited version of Arcanus' cc up sometime tonight.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Name: Arcanus Morne

Race:Altmer

Height: 6'5"

Weight: 128 lbs.

Appearance:Tall, like most Altmer, with gold coloured skin, and dark yellow irises. Lean, scarred muscled from years of training. Lacks any hair on his head, except for eyelashes and eyebrows. Several scars on the right side of his face, from his lower jaw, up to just below his eye, possibly caused by shrapnel from an explosion.

ondolemar_doodle_by_weapon_s-d83zx4p.jpg
    (just a pic I found. For reference I guess. Except the side of his face would be scarred. )

Allegiance: Thalmor, Aldmeri Ruling Council.

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Ship: The Phantom. Autarch class stealth fighter, designed to slip into and out of enemy held territory. Lacks heavy armour and shields. Has a pair of laser cannons

Weapons:
    images
    primary pistol. Fires high velocity rounds, capable of punching through most light armour, and bypassing energy shields. Kept holstered on his hip.

images
    Secondary pistol. Fires energy rounds. Can punch through light armour, but not useful against much else. Holstered at his back.

images
    A trio of blades. Can be used either in close combat or as throwing knives. Kept in a bandolier across his chest.

Armour: Wears light, flexible armour, that covers his torso, arms and legs, with a leather trench coat over top, concealing his numerous weapons. Wears gloves and lightly armour boots.

Personality: Arcanus is often best described as cold. Unlike many of his kind, he's not arrogant, but he can come across as cruel. Especially when fulfilling his duties.

Background: Not much is known about Morne, except that he is the 'fixer' for the ruling council. He was found as a boy outside a Dominion barracks, and raised for stealth and assassination, Morne has a very strong sense of loyalty to the Dominion. A unique trait of his, is that he has no accent to speak of, and his voice is rather rough and rasping. Secondly, unlike his brethren, he works alone, and is rather inconspicuous, due to his lack of hair and accent. Prefers long range killing, but has no problems getting in close to finish off his targets.

Mornes most important job to date, was an investigation into the fate of the Aldmeri star destroyer Glory of the Altmer. In order to accomplish his mission, he joined a mercenary group known as the Red Sabres, who'd also been hired to discover what had happened to the destroyer. Upon arriving at the destroyer, his orders were revised to kill any surviving Aldmeri crew members. Though he killed the one crew member he met, he was captured by the Red Sabres and thrown in their brig.

He was freed by Aden Marek, and agreed to work with him, as both he and several mercenaries had learned that the crew of both the destroyer and the Red Sabres' ship had been infected with a virus. The virus turned crew members into flesh eating zombies. Working with Marek, and Derek Varastian, along with Jessica Psyrakon, and several uninfected mercenaries, the virus was largely stopped. However, Arcanus turned on the bounty hunters and mercenaries in an attempt to capture Psyrakon for the Dominion.

The bounty hunters defeated Morne, and left him for dead on the Aldmeri destroyer. He was later rescued by a Thalmor strikeforce, and brought back to Aldmeris to recover. For the next few years, he spent his time performing missions for the Dominion, laying the groundwork for the war. Once the war started, he was sent to assassinate enemy commanders, government officials, and oversaw several Thalmor operations in contested systems. Now, he heads for Eregin, to oversee the fighting against both the fight with the Imperial fleet in orbit, and the Argonians on the ground.

Baneloth

Wow. I like it. You're in. But about the last couple paragraphs: I don't seem to remember that part. I mean, it makes sense, but I don't see Derek abandoning anyone. But I'm fine with it, as long as Marek and Simus don't have a problem with it. And I'm guessing Arcanus is not going to be happy to see Jessica, Derek or Marek again.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Well, I'm willing to change if Marek and Simus, and especially Shaded doesn't like what I've written, since it's her RP, but that's how I imagined Arcanus' part of the RP ending. They board the destroyer to find/eliminate the source of the virus or stop them from spreading it. Arcanus obviously works with them for that part, but he's also got instructions to nab Jessica for the Dominion to take apart and study. Obviously Aden and Derek wouldn't let that happen, so they get into a firefight aboard the destroyer, beat Arcanus, say he falls off a catwalk or something. Zombies hear the shooting, come to investigate, Derek, Jessica, and Marek run for it.

I think before it was abandoned, I mentioned a Thalmor strikeforce was on its way to make sure nobody gets away from the destroyer. Before they arrive, the mercs and bounty hunters leave on the Red Sabres ship. The Thalmor troops board the destroyer, plant explosives of some sort, and find Arcanus before he becomes zombie-chow. They drag him off with them, blow the explosives. Arcanus is quarantined for a while, then returns to active duty. He's on Eregin to put some pressure on Dominion commanders to wrap up the fighting and move on to bigger theatres of war.

Baneloth

Well, that makes sense. Okay, looking forwards to your intro. I'll probably get a post up in Dusk tomorrow. Gotta get some sleep now.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Excellent. I'll have my intro up soon. Oh- text colour. I'll take this.

Baneloth

@fellowknight mind posting what you had planned as soon as possible? I want us to get to Amborisa soon.

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    It will be done in one hour. I apologize in advance for holding up the RP, if I have done so. Writing Baroth back in is no easy task, just to state my part of the situation.

But I digress. One hour. I will think of something.

Baneloth

Okay, thanks for the post, fellowknight. What I have planned for Ambrosia is that Skylar, Jessica, and Derek go in incognito to keep an eye on the guards, while Kyle breaks into Dorvalles office to hack his computer, get info on his dealings with Ataro. The others are the back up team. In case things go to hell. So, in the interests of having those not part of the first group having a chance to post, I think Dorvalle should get some short of message, he leaves Baroth, and heads back to his office. From then on, things go to plops. Shaded gave me a few ideas for what happens after that, but I don't want to go into to much detail yet. I'll have a post up soon. An hour or two, maybe.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts