• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Andre Marek

You can run, but you'll only die tired...
    Oh and I'll choose Dark Orange for Aden and White for Skylar.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Mind if Jess joins this crew? I have plans for her here. Plans that have and will drastically change her...

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    I knew you'd come! I knew it!

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Lol yep. Here I am! My RP senses were tingling. Plus I'm always watching. I am untouchable. My circuits gleam. I am perpetual, I keep the country clean.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Well, that settles it. Simus is a droid...

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    How'd you guess? Nah, I'm referencing a song. Rep for whoever gets it.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    I got the spider-man part, but thats it...

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    It's electric eye by Judas Priest. Also, anyone notice that the IC and OOC threads have the exact same names? Mighty confusing that is.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    yeah. i dont care tho

Baneloth

Drahkma

Dashing Imperial Officer.
    This colour for Corvis I'll post now.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Name: Jessica Psyrakon (Direct descendent of Alice Psyrakon.)

Age: 25. Looks 17 due to her augs slowing down her aging process to near-elven levels.

Gender/Sex: Female

Home world: Theren

Race: Imperial

Class: Engineering student, budding scientist and intended weapon

Weapons: One plasma pistol. Fires about a third as fast as a blaster but much more powerful. Able to burn through most body armor. Can melt vehicle and ship plating with several sustained hits. Charged shots can be used but the weapon is prone to overheating when this is used. Has a chance of overheating and burning the user anyway due to an unstable power core. Jessica has a twin-linked rifle of the same design. She cannot fire on the move with the rifle and must aim properly to use it. She also has a scoped assault rifle that fires self propelled rounds that explode soon after impact, sending shrapnel into the target's innards. Very painful. Also has ebony tipped armor piercing rounds effective against heavy armor and mindbreaker rounds that cause the target's magika to combust, draining them of it and causing them severe pain in addition to the actual bullet.

Armour: A baby blue leather bodysuit with the same coverage as the picture in EpicVakarian's character card, and of similar design but it's smooth leather all over and a high neckline that's always zipped up. It is not latex but is polished so it's still shiny. She has a matching pair of knee high riding boots and forearm length gloves that wrap around her fingers tightly. The suit has extensive circuitry that dissipates heat from energy weapons and repairs and cleans it. When shot by a ballistic weapon, it becomes diamond hard, decreasing mobility greatly but saving the wearer's life. It becomes soft leather again after all projectiles have been removed or fifteen seconds of not being in combat.

Jessica also has several nano augmentations that have reinforced her body to be extremely strong. Skin, Muscles, bones and internal organs have been strengthened and restructured to where they can resist bullets and shrapnel as well as resist laser and plasma burns. She is able to "activate" any of several augmentations with a thought when she needs additional protection. All are powered by a combination of magika and her own body's energy. Activating one will only last a couple of minutes and activating more could bring that time down to less than a minute. The drain is much, much slower when she's not moving. A great number of augmentations have been programmed into her body and can be activated with "software upgrades" and the assistance of a high-end medical droid. The augmentations she currently has access to are as follows:

Ballistic protection (resists bullets) or energy shield (resists energy weapons.)
    Regeneration (heals wounds) or EMP shield (protects some against magika draining weapons and protects any machinery she has on her)
    Speed (runs fast and jumps high) or muffle (greatly reduced movement noise)
    Cloak (goes invisible) or flash (creates balls of light in hands that blind onlookers)
    Thermal masking (hides body heat and heartbeat) or EMP (sends out pulse that screws up weapons and machinery)
    Fortify muscles (increases strength) or haste (increases reflexes and attack rate.)

Note that she can only use one choice per column, never both. Many of these work like ward or armorflesh spells.

Appearance: Jessica is five feet tall and has pale white skin. She has shoulder length red hair that she keeps in a ponytail, blue eyes, a clean face with no scars or blemishes and a warm smile most of the time. She wears a black t-shirt and blue jeans over a white thermal top when she's not expecting a fight or out in public. She also wears the matching bottoms under her jeans and boots in cold environments, like on a starship or space station. Two places she's often cold in. She wears a pair of black knee high riding boots over the jeans with a full zipper going up shafts on the side facing inward. She wears a black fitted leather jacket that matches her boots and wears a pair of glasses with thin black frames.

Personality: Friendly to the point of bubbly, inquisitive to the point of danger, loves meeting new people, loves animals, loves children and is very polite. She's had a relatively sheltered life so she's relatively naive and innocent of the wider world. She's extremely intelligent and is a deadly shot with most ranged weapons and is a master machinist and programmer. However, she frequently doubts herself and her abilities and this has resulted in depression and wavering confidence.

Likes/Dislikes: Likes technology, tinkering, science, medicine, the feeling of confidence she gets when her augs are on, chocolate, ice cream, chocolate ice cream, cute furry baby animals.

Dislikes having to fight, not understanding a situation, loud noises, political scheming, afraid of doctors, tomatoes.

Bio: Jessica showed brilliance at an early age, as well as an incredible aptitude for manipulating technology. She was noticed by a special Empire-funded school on Theren, The Academy, who augmented gifted children with superhuman strength, stamina and intellect through magic and nanobot technology. Jessica's parents saw this as the opportunity of a lifetime for their little girl, who was six at the time, and after a night discussing the matter, she wanted to go. She was trained with other students and given operations from puberty onward to enhance her abilities. Jessica loved the environment and flourished into a beautiful and intelligent girl with extraordinary senses and who could manipulate and interface with even the most complex machinery. However, Jessica was more machine than human by sixteen and developed a severe identity crisis. Her brain and body were so augmented and the technology so intrinsic to her very being that she wasn't sure if it was them or her that had made her so great. Her parents, while not directly involved in her training and education, were part of the Academy staff and after two years of increasingly suicidal behavior, decided to pull her out. This was when the true purpose of the school was revealed: a training facility for super soldiers to start another war with the Aldmeri Dominion and cripple it forever. They were horrified at what their peers had turned their daughter into and upon hearing the news, Jessica was outraged. However, instead of striking out against her parents, she persuaded them to help bust her out. The facility's administrator tried to stop them on the eve of their escape but after crippling all of the guards and using a plasma pistol to negotiate, Jessica persuaded him to let her leave. Her parents had to go into hiding however, after losing their jobs and livelihood. They had to go underground but Jessica had the freedom to do as she pleased, for the moment. They told her to get as far away from the Empire as she could, even though she begged them not to send her away. She knew she had to though, and after a tearful, hug-filled goodbye, she boarded the first ship off Therin, ready to go to one of those many stars in the sky and do as much good as possible with the gifts she had

Current Status: After the events aboard the Dominion Star Destroyer Glory of the Altmer, Jessica made a home for herself on the Dragon's Talon as thanks for Captain Ria's kindness toward her. Finally finding a place where her augs could be put to good use and able to help people on her own terms, Jessica served the Red Sabres with honor and distinction. Over the years she continued to look for her parents and found a lead on them six months ago. She took a Red Sabre X-Wing to the suspected coordinates of the lead and investigated it but it turned out to be a trap set by their old enemy Vladamir Mengsk. Jessica was captured and brought to a lab on Cyris. There she was subject to a gruesome lobotomy in an attempt to "resocialize" her. She is no more docile than she was before and she can no longer write but is no worse for wear. In anger, Mengsk had her vocal cords severed so she could no longer speak, knowing it would be months before she could talk again. Hopefully she would learn a lesson from her own silence. She has recently escaped his clutches and is now on the search for a ship and then get back to the Red Sabres. Hearing about the job on Cyris, Jessica figured it was her best bet to find her old protector and family friend Aden Marek. If she can help with the job along the way, that'd be good too.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Same CC as from Shadow Station but some new, important stuff at the bottom.

Andre Marek

I see that. Thats a rather, uh, unfortunate turn of events...o_O

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Obviously, everyone currently in the tapcafe would be able to see or hear Jess' less than graceful landing as well as her entrance. Marek, would it be reasonable to say that Jess and Skyler know each other given the time that's passed and their shared history with Aden?

Andre Marek

Uh,I suppose they could know OF each other but knowing Aden, it's likely that they wouldn't have met. Not to mention that Skylar is a spy after all and it's her job to know things.

Andre Marek

I have to say Simus, I don't really know how to respond to your post. You've kinda put me in a bind.

One one hand, if I want to keep Aden true to the character I wanted him to be, then in all honesty I'd have to make him just say something like, "This kid is turning into a liability" and either put a bullet in her or just take his leave of her. It sounds harsh i know, but well, thats the way Aden is. I like to think that his defining feature is his practicality and logic and keeping a kid around that continually gets into life and death situations is definitely not logical for a bounty hunter.

On the other hand, I can basically break from his character and turn him into someone he isn't by having him rush over and provide aid. The same kinda goes for Skylar. She's an extremely logical thinker, (It's what makes her aand Aden close) so while she might be concerned about Jessica, she isn't going to endanger her mission.

I also feel that Jessicas reason for being there is a bit far fetched. I mean, Aden is a bounty hunter so it makes sense for him to be there like all the other hunters. Skylar works for a government superpower and we all know that the government likes having eyes everywhere so it kinda makes sense for her to be there. Yes, Jessicas short term reason for being there makes some sense, but once she's found Aden, she basically is just along for the ride after that since she isn't a bounty hunter or mercenary.

Sorry Simus, you're an awesome RP'er and an excellent writer to boot, but I just feel a little bit controlled here, simply by the nature of the situation. Take it how you will.

Baneloth

Okay, I see what you mean, Marek. While Simus' post was good, it does kind of depend on Marek checking on her. Seeing as Aden is modelled after Boba Fett (yes?) It would make sense for him to sort of just, glance out the window and just shake his head. Perhaps one of the other hunters could rescue her? I mean it makes sense for Kyle or Derek to recognize her, (unless we don't have our characters speak with one another at all in Among The Stars), but seeing as there's two other bounty hunters and Skylar in the tapcaf at the moment, they'd be worried about being shot in the back. I think it would be interesting to have Jessicas' feeling kind of hurt as she realizes Marek might have helped her out, but in the long run, he's still a bounty hunter, and a professional? Does that make sense?

In other news, finally got a pic of what Kyle kinda looks like out of armour.

images
    -Drakes Uncharted, anybody?:D

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Well, I suppose I could find her. Then it would be all like: "oh, look what the cat dragged in!" :p Then again, we would be going into a room full of bounty hunters. It makes sense for Marek to NOT rush out to save Jess, especially if there's a bounty on her head. I'm no expert, but I don't think it would take much for one of the others to 'theoretically' shoot Marek in the back while he's taking care of Jess, and simply drag her back to Mengsk?

If you don't mind, I'll have my char recover her, but it won't be until tonight. Have to get ready for work:vomit:
    bye, children. Behave yourselves.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Honestly I feel a little hurt here. Did I make a mistake by joining this thread?

I don't care who helps Jess. It doesn't have to be Aden or Skyler. He could see whatever debt he might have to her parents as fulfilled long ago and hang her out to dry. It would make sense based on all the reasons you have Marek. It would be easy for her character to put too much trust in Aden. Even if that happens she's still heard enough about the mission to want to offer her services. If these people we're here to chase are targeting both sides of this war then they're killing for fun and Jessica does not like that. Not at all.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts