OOC {18+} Stalking Shadows

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Kind of. Until my youngest, the one I rescued last year, decided it was time for me to wake up and feed him at seven am. Little bugger started biting me on the neck. Should've named him dracula.

Drahkma

Dashing Imperial Officer.
    Ouch.

Andre Marek

You can run, but you'll only die tired...
    Ah, sorry. I have an English paper due tmrw so I won't be able to post tonight but I'll get one up tomorrow night hopefully.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Not a problem. Just thought I'd put the link up if you guys couldn't find it. Sorry about the crappy intro. Haven't been sleeping well lately. So...my writing isn't so great.

Andre Marek

You can run, but you'll only die tired...
    Aha, I'm not agreeing that your intro was bad, just the not sleeping part.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Ha. I figured that, no worries

Aethalia

I've an idea for a character if you'll have me. Maybe add another female to the group? Expect a card shortly.

Aethalia

Name: Arinwe Stormbinder

Race: Altmer

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual

Marital Status: Single

Class: Swordmaster

Combat Preference: Arinwe prefers to fight her opponents straight on, blade swinging. She relies completely on her skill with the blade to keep her alive during a fight. She's skilled in both single and two handed fighting styles, though she prefers having her other hand free.

Weapons: A unique elven long sword, inscribed with delicate elven script.

upload_2014-10-18_15-14-41.jpeg

Armour: Overlapping silver-grey light plate armour,gauntlets, and boots, with light chainmail underneath. Though it offers protection, the armour also allows Arinwe freedom of movement in combat.

images

Appearance: Like most elves, Arinwe is tall, standing at six feet tall, and slender, appearing almost frail. However, her body is muscular from years of practice with the blade. Though she's spent years as a warrior, her body is unscarred, a testament to her skill with her weapon. She has light brown hair, and unique, violet eyes.

images

Personality: Arinwe is like a mountain in a storm. Though things around her may often go awry around her, she remains calm and focused. It is extremely rare that she would have an outburst of anger or sorrow. Even when in combat, she seldomly shows any emotion. Though she obeys the laws of the cities she's in, she also has no problem taking the law into her own hands.

Dislikes: Greedy people, pointless killing

Biography: Arinwe was born in the city of Skywatch. Though many of her family and friends supported the Thalmor, Arinwe did not believe the slaughter of hundreds could be justified. The Thalmor overlooked her during their purge of the Somerset Isles, because she knew how to keep her mouth shut. Plus, unlike most of her kin, she lacked magical abilities. Instead, she devoted her energy to mastering the art of sword fighting.

Once she'd done so, she left the isles, to avoid the attention of any especially suspicious Thalmor. Though her being an Altmer marked her out for ridicule, if not outright suspicion among the lands of men. Though she disdains those that sell their sword arms, she realizes that in order to survive, some are forced to make a living however they can.

Arinwe arrived in Cyrodiil, troubled by the rumours of the Empire falling apart from within. She's heard of the rebellion in Skyrim, and of the buildup of troops near the borders of the Empire. The city of Skingrad in particular draws her attention. She is saddened by the decline of the once great cities, and offers her blade in service.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Sure. I like it. I might write up a second character for myself.

Also, Bane, as far as I know, wants to bring in a second character for himself. I don't think that'll make it too many. As long as not everyone wants to make a second character.

Orien Terrik

"Arik tree'ac te kek."
    You wouldn't have room for a Ranger would you? I don't know if you read into my CC on your other Thread, but the Rangers have an Outpost in every major Province except those under Dominion control, and I could probably think me up another one. I actually need to think of another one, and this could be a good way to test him out. (I am planning on writting a fan fic on the Tamriel Ranger Corps at some point, but I need to get me some good Rangers out there first. I already have Jorunn.)

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    We could use a ranger, I guess. Most of the characters here are evil or neutral.

Orien Terrik

"Arik tree'ac te kek."
    Basic Information

Name:
    Aragorn the Ranger (Aragorn is an actual Bosmer name :p)

Alias:
    the Ranger, Ranger, Half breed.

Apparent Age:

Birth Date:
    28th of the Last Seed, 4E 157

Birth Place: Ranger Outpost, Cyrodiil

Birth Sign:
    the Warrior

Origin/Race:
    Nord/Bosmer

Class:
    Ranger, Warrior

Laterality:
    Ambidextrous

Sexuality:
    Straight

Marital Status:
    Single

Alignment:
    Tamriel Ranger Corps

Afflictions:
    None that he knows of.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Appearance:

Height:
    6'2"

Weight:
    200 lbs

Build:
    Extremely muscular. Low to almost Zero body fat. He also has a high Metabolism, so it is extremely hard for him to put on fat. His muscle is toned though, not defined.

Hair Length:
    His hair is kept somewhat short. (Its hard to describe, I have a picture I will put of of how he looks.)

Hair Color:
    Light Brown

Facial Hair:
    He has stubble.

Eye Color:
    Silver blue

Skin Color:
    He is tanner than your average Nord.

Scars:
    He has a few scars here and there. For the most part, he doesn't really remember how he got them.

Birthmark:
    None

Face: Mostly Nordic structure. His cheek bones are a little higher than Normal. His ears are more pointed than normal, and it definitely is visible.

Unique Features:
    His toned body. His years as a Ranger have morphed his body into an outstanding killing machine. While he may not be as tall, or his muscles may not look as big as somebody, but chances are he could still be stronger than them do to his rough training regimes. His voice is a tenor, and he is actually quite a good singer. His ears are pointed, even though he looks like a Nord.

Tattoos:
    He has a tattoo of the Ebonheart Pact on his back.
    ON-icon-Ebonheart_Pact.png

(
    That is the Ebonheart Pacts Emblem.)

19215-4-1340364546.jpg

(See picture for his face Reference.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Religion:
    The Nine Divines. (While Talos worship is "Banned, he still practices it, although, in secret.)

Patron Deity:
    Talos

Hobbies: Likes to hunt, fish, and is pretty open with people. He loves to drink with his friends. He also likes to scout out places and add them to his personal map. He loves taking care of his weapons, sharpening them, and honing them. He likes to eat. He thinks he is a womanizer, and hits on women occasionally, but his real shyness always shines through, and he screws up pretty badly. Some say it is part of his charm.

Family:
    Father - Skrojd the Nord (Nord, Alive), Mother - Sidra Ferndale (Bosmer, Deceased)

Personality: Aragorn is a member of the Tamriel Ranger Corps. He is a very outgoing person, and tries his best to make others feel appreciated. He can be a loud, and obnoxious person sometimes, but he always has a positive attitude. He likes to think he is a lady charmer, but he usually gets shy around them, and says or does stupid things.

Positive Traits:
    He is very caring. He is an expert tracker, able to track things across the different provinces. He is also very good with directions and navigation, as he has his own personal map marked with places that not many people have been to, and with every single game trail and path that the Rangers have discovered so far on it as well. It also consists of all of the known caves. He is able to sneak up on people very easily, as he is light footed, and this lets him make assassinations if need be. He is an excellent climber, able to scale things that most people would consider impossible to climb. He is excellent with a bow. He is extremely proficient in Two-handed combat, but only with his sword variant. His Bosmer blood lets him live a very long time, while the Nord in him helps him to resist the cold better. He is skilled in Alchemy, as he has to create potions and such while all alone, or on patrols in the wild. He has very acute hearing.

Negative Traits:
    He can have a short temper occasionally. He hates the Aldmeri Dominion, and all that it stands for. He can be very mistrusting of Altmer, although he is accepting of Bosmer and Khajiit. He can get on some peoples nerves very easy. He likes to push buttons. He is very immature for his age.

Dislikes:
    Liars, Racists, Thalmor, The Aldmeri Dominion, Daedra, Vampires, most of the Forsworn, anything that could harm the innocent.

Fears:
    He fears just about anything a normal Warrior or person would fear. Aragorn's trick, however, is he has learned to harness his fear, and turn it into a weapon unto itself, keeping him on edge in battle.

Aspirations:
    He hopes to one day Marry, and have children.

Quirks:
    He fletches his own arrows. He also doesn't polish his weapons and armor to give them a nice shine. He prefers the look of his armor to seem battle worn, as it could pose as a possible fear factor. Also, a shiny weapon gives away your position when you are stalking someone. He has many different arrow types, as he makes do with what he can. Occasionally, you can see hand crafted ones in his quiver. He will make jibs, and remarks on the form of someone he is fighting, possibly annoying the person until the make a fatal mistake. He finds himself oddly attracted to elven women...

Philosophy: "I swear to up hold the peace through the land, and to protect the Innocent. To strike fear into the hearts of the enemy, both from the shadows, and in the light. I promise to continue to train my body and my mind, never letting it slip from peek perfection. I swear to fight all influences of evil throughout the land, whether they are man made, or of a higher form." (Taken from the Ranger Code.)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Gear

Armor: Aragorn wears the typical outfit of a Ranger. The armor is a mix of chain mail and leather armor. It has a hood that is pulled up over his head, and a mask that can be pulled up that covers up the mouth and nose, only showing the eyes. The armor is designed to give the maximum protection, while also allowing one to be extremely stealthy and agile. There is also a medium sized cape on the back, held in place with a pin that is shaped like the Ebonheart Pact Emblem. When a Ranger dies, the pin is removed, and sent home to their family, if they have one. His belt is adorned with the symbol of the Ebonheart Pact, as well as having it carved into his bow and sword.
    25113-3-1349550471.jpg

(Front ^)
    f583b4f57f_500.jpg

(The face mask)
    5d5354c5.jpg

(From Behind)

Main Weapons:
    Aragorn's main weapon is a Ranger Sword, the staple weapon of the Rangers. The blade is extended longer than you average Sword, but is still shorter than a Greatsword. It is able to be wielded one handed while Magic or a shield is used in the other. However, the extension on the hilt also allows it to be effectively wielded as a Two-handed weapon. This gives it a lot of versatility, as a Ranger is able to switch back and forth from one and two-handed combat while in the middle of a fight. For example, the Ranger creates a fireball in his hand while still fencing with the sword, and throws it at his enemy. Right afterwards, they could switch to a two handed attack, and drive the blade harder then they could have one handed. Aragorn's sword name is Whatever. The sword is sheathed on his back.
    em2012004a.jpg

(Whatever ^)

Secondary Weapons:
    His recurve longbow, in the Fashion that Rangers use. Each ranger creates their own bow from hand, and it is one of their trials. Jorunn's bow is a hybrid between a Longbow, and a traditional recurve bow. It is the size of a Longbow, but is also Recuvered, with the traditional curve down the middle, and the tips bending over in opposite directions. The extra curves gives the user extra speed and power with his bow. He also carries 2 Nordic knifes, which are a staple in a ranger's arsenal as well, as they are good for throwing due to their balance.
    0245_recurve_bow.jpg

(Recurve Bow)
    200px-NordicDagger.png

(Nordic Knife, in case you have never seen one.)

Misc:
    A satchel, for holding supplies such as food, or ingredients. A Wood Cutters Ax. A torch. A cast iron pot for cooking, and heating things, like water. A horn, which is used for signaling things (Just the uses a horn could have, stuff like that). A small, Whetstone used for maintaining his weapons.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

History/Biography

Brief History of the Ranger Corps: The Tamriel Ranger Corps was founded under the Ebonheart Pact a Millennium before our current time. Made up of Nords, Dunmer, and Argonians, this special force were the commando's of the Pact, specializing in scouting, reconnaissance, assassination, and Guerrilla warfare. As the threat and issue of Molag Bal increased, the Rangers became the main fighting force to counteract his forces, and fight skirmishes, while the main forces of the Pact fought the big battles, and the rivals of the Pact. After the Ebonheart pact was dissolved, the Ranger Corps stayed around, and formed their own sort of guild, operating throughout all of Tamriel. The sigil of the Guild is the same as the Ebonheart Pact, that of a Dragon. That emblem is still used even today. Each Province had a Ranger Outpost somewhere inside it (This would change when the Thalmor came to power. The Rangers retreated out of Dominion controlled territories because they were being hunted by Thalmor Agents.). The Ranger Outpost in Skyrim, which is in the mountain ranges south of Morthal, also doubles as the Headquarters of the entire Corps. As time progressed, the Rangers began to be less like the spies and assassins that they were during the time of the Pact, and more like defenders of Tamriel. After the Oblivion Crisis occurred, the Vigilantes and Urgents of Stendarr were created, and many Rangers volunteered to work with them as guides, Warriors, Long-Range combatants, trackers, and even hunters. During the Great War, the Rangers became an unofficial Military Branch of the Empire, and were nicknamed Imperial Rangers by the Legionnaires. At the end of the Great War, many of the Rangers either were assigned to, or volunteered to work with the Vigilantes and Urgents of Stendarr. At the end of the year 4E 196, the northern Forsworn tribes and the Rangers began to skirmish due to the fact that the Northern Forsworn tribes had begun to kill travelers and the people of caravans mercilessly, no matter their race. These skirmishes became increasingly violent. In 4E 197, the Rangers declared war on the Northern Tribes, and the Forsworn War began. As of 4E 202, after the Civil War's end, as well as the end of the Forsworn War (Which the Rangers were able to win), the corps began the work of rebuilding themselves.

Aragorn's Biography:
    Aragorn was born to Skrojd the Nord and Siddra Ferndale in 4E 157. Both of his parents were high ranking members of the Ranger Corps. Both of his parents were young when they had him, as Skrojd was 22 and Siddra 24. They raised Aragorn as a Ranger, training him since he could first hold a bow and a knife. His Bosmer blood seemed to give him a natural affinity to climb everything, and when he went missing, his parents started to learn, just look up. When Aragorn turned fourteen, the Great War broke out, and his father and mother were called to fight. Working alongside the Empire, the Rangers devestated Dominion supply lines, as well as raid their camps, however, that still could not stall the advance of the Dominion. His mother traveled to Cyrodiil, to report news of a scouting missions she had just come back from, when the Siege of the Imperial City began. Volunteering to stay and help the Eighth Legion in their rear guard action, she was killed by Dominion forces. No one turly knows how she died, but most likely, it wasn't pretty, as the Thalmor don't like to find Altmer or Bosmer fighting for the Empire, and chances are she was brutally tortured, before being killed. As the war progressed, fortunes took a swing to the Empire's favor. The Rangers forces were harassing supply lines so bad, that supplies almost all together stopped arriving to the dominion forces in the Imperial City. During this time in the War, Aragorn under went his trials, and emerged a fully fledged Ranger at 17, ready for combat, and it wouldn't be long before he got it. In 4E 175, the Battle of the Red Ring began. As the Dominion forces were being crushed in the city, many tried to flee back across the border, however, almost all of them would run into ambushes set up by the Rangers to finish off the Dominion forces in Cyrodiil. Aragorn was a part of this force, and was a part of the almost total annihilation of the Dominion forces. After the end of the Great War, and Aragorn was assigned, along with a few others, to travel to Hammerfell, and link up with the Rangers there who were still fighting the Dominion. And so Aragorn fought the Dominion for five more years, until the the Second Treaty of Stros M'Kai is signed. After the signing of the Treaty, Aragorn pulled back to Cyrodiil, where he was immediately greeted by his father with an embrace. While his mother had passed away in the War, his father had survived, and had taken the place of Commander of the outpost after the previous commander, Jorn Gray-Mane, had been killed fighting the Dominion. A few years after his return, he was granted the rank of Captain, and became a member of the inner circle. The following years were spent dealing with bandits and pirates. With the Return of the Imperial Legion, things began to calm down, until the incident at Bravil. The city became war zone when the two largest Skooma dealers in the area started a turf war. It was nasty business, and many of the Rangers were called to help end the problem, which they were able to achieve. In 4E 197, Aragorn was sent with a detachment of Rangers to help with the Forsworn War in Skyrim. He fought there for four years. During that time, the Forsworn were practically beaten, although the Rangers took heavy losses (Out of the thirty that had traveled with Aragorn there, only eight would return with him). As the Civil War in Skyrim started up, Aragorn and his remaining rangers were recalled back to Cyrodiil, where massive riots had broken out, and organized crime, bandit groups, and murders were on the rise. So Aragorn traveled back to Cyrodiil, where he currently is trying to deal with the issues that have arisen in his absence.

Last edited:

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    accepted. Expecting an intro. Oh, and a text colour.

Orien Terrik

"Arik tree'ac te kek."
    Ah, I always forget to post the color up. Purple I guess. I'll go ahead and post in that, and if needed, I can change after.

Drahkma

Dashing Imperial Officer.
    Sorry Shaded, haven't posted an intro yet. Tonight or tomorrow I'll have on up though.

Khaotic3

Insanity at its Finest
    Are you still accepting characters? If so, I can get a CC up today

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Put up a card.

Which reminds me, I need to get my second card up too.

Khaotic3

Insanity at its Finest
    Name: Amy Wolfsong

Race: Nord

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Sexual Preference: Bisexual
    Marital Status: Single

Class: Rogue/Mercenary

Combat Preference: Amy prefers to sneak up behind a foe, if at all possible. If not, she will charge with her shield and mace. However, she is no stranger to hand-to-hand combat, if necessary.

Weapons: Steel dagger with a black handle, ebony mace and shield

Armour: Amy wears leather armor with light steel plating, along with spiked gauntlets and boots. This gives her protection along with freedom of movement. She also usually wears a silver circlet.
    2215129-1368859672.jpg

Appearance: Amy is somewhat tall, about 5' 10" with an athletic build. She has thick leg and arm muscles. She has high cheekbones, pale complexion and sapphire-blue eyes.
    Her hair is dark brown and cut into a mohawk with a small braid on her left. She has pale, thin lips and dark eyelashes. She has several small scars, acquired mostly from fighting or beatings from her mother.
    2014-11-04_00003.jpg

Personality: Amy has a dark, satirical sense of humor. She tends to put having fun above all else, and is very cocky. She enjoys fighting, and it is something she is very good at. She is a skooma addict, but has been sober for a little over a year. She always has a snide remark for things she does not like. She is very loyal to people she respects, although her respect is hard to earn. She kind toward people at first, but her mood can easily be changed. She generally ignores people that do not like her (most people), but her temper can turn violent or even deadly.

Dislikes: Authority, vampires, spriggans, racists, skooma

Biography:

Born in Falkreath, Amy's father was a guard and her mother a bard. She learned to play music and sing at a very young age. However, when Amy was four her father was executed for Talos worship, and her mother became severely depressed and turned to alcohol. Amy often went without food for several nights, and her mother became abusive. Her mother would say Amy looked too mush like her father, but Amy feared she instead looked too much like her mother.

It did not take long for her to learn that if she wanted something, she would have to get it for herself. Along with a group of other poor children in the city, they worked together to steal or earn food or money. Unsurprisingly, they often fought amongst themselves, forcing them to learn the skill of defending themselves and taking down an opponent, sometimes practicing on each other just for fun.

When Amy was fourteen, around the same time the civil war in Skyrim had broken out, a boy a few years younger than Amy and her friends moved in with his aunt at the apothecary. He had apparently having been found living on a pirate ship, and would always play sweet and innocent around adults, but was no less savage than the pirates he had been living with. He also possessed and invaluable skill; he could make skooma from moon sugar. They soon adopted him into their group, and they began selling skooma outside of town for extra money. The only reason they were never truly caught was because of Dante, their gang's leader. His father was head guard a the time, and could not stand to lose his son after his wife had been executed the same day as Amy's father.

Their fighting skills became especially handy here, since they only had a knife to defend themselves with if they were lucky. More often than not, if someone tried to rob Amy, she would have to take them down with armored fists and cheap shots alone. The only reason they were never truly caught was because of Dante, their gang's leader. His father was head guard a the time, and could not stand to lose his son after his wife had been executed the same day as Amy's father.

When Amy was nineteen, the civil war was becoming worse than ever, and Dante's father had been killed by a rogue group of Stormcloaks. Without their protection, the gang fled and dispersed, and Amy made her way to Cyrodiil.

Here, Amy took bard jobs and spared whatever coin she could on proper weapon training. After about six months, she left her bard job to find work as a mercenary, and has been traveling Cyrodiil ever since.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts