OOC [18+][Private Roleplay] In the Name of Aetherius [No Applications]

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Okay friends! The IC thread has been posted up, and I started it up with my surprise element I will explain now; and a bit of a recap preparation post for Lilium!

[Here it Is! Click Here!]

So I need to begin with the importance of the tags "IC" and "OOC". The IC thread needs to be ONLY character posts from all of us. Nothing else. No "(OOC): blah blah blah". All of that needs to be put in this thread, that's why this is Labeled OOC.

Next, I need to explain what I am going to be doing different in this RP than most other RP's out there. I'm going to have descriptive, setting posts fairly often. This is to set tone, emotion and depth to the RP and keep everything more "alive" if you will. With each of these, they are going to be in 2nd person- meaning I'm going to be doing it from the set perspective for all of you as WRITERS. This is important. When I say writers, I mean specifically each of you. I'm not going to be doing 2nd person posts for each of your individual characters, because that is immersion breaking, and character controlling. The reason I am going to be doing it like this is because it is the same fashion a DnD GM/DM would be doing it, and as I think a proper RP directer should.

You'll notice that I have put music into the entry post of the thread, and the first "Adventure Hook". This only adds to the point of the 2nd person posts, and I think it adds a new layer of depth to an already depth filled story. To me, it brings vibrancy to to a story I want to be alive. With that, I would like to ask that you refrain from posting your own music in your posts in the IC. If you have a song that you think would fit for a moment, please bring it up here and we can discuss it here. This is for the same reason as why I'd like no "(ooc): blah blah" type posts; it breaks immersion.

Hopefully all of that bit makes sense, and I really really really hope you guys enjoy it. I really enjoy it quite a bit, and I wanted to surprise you guys :D

You'll also notice the sudden dark tone, and my inclusion of the "Horror" tag. ;) This is because this is a sort of call back to an old RP I wrote out, which I was really passionate about making, and I never got to use the arch I had planned. So I specially rewrote and revamped my old plan, so that we could all bring it to life together! You guys aren't the ones in charge of the horror aspect, however. That's important. Your part is to live through your characters in this dark world I am hoping to create for you guys. This is where the 2nd person posts, and sound track is going to come in :D

Now, I'm going to mention that I did do a short prelude to our story here, that gives some depth to Lilium as a character, and as the leader of a merry band of heroes. It also brings a lot of valuable context to the setup of our story, along with a bit of lore and buildup. You don't have to read it, nor am I asking or requiring too. It's just a totally optional route you can take if you would like to. I'm only bringing it up because it helped me by giving context etc. etc. [Click for that Story]

Before anybody posts for their characters in the IC, I'd like to get a short discussion going here, as to where each of your characters could start, that way we can get a smooth start going! Because I think the best way to develop this story is via Out of Character - writer to writer discussion. Makes for wonderfully put together posts!

Hope you guys are all doing well! Hope you like what I've made for us so far! And can't wait to get talking with you guys and get this thing rolling! <3

Last edited:

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I was also thinking, do you think we could manage at least one post minimum a week? If It might help things, we can try to schedule a day a week to all be here and discuss and craft posts. Just spit-balling some ideas as I plan the arc I am to lead our characters on. I'd prefer if we didn't lose any of us as writers. If we keep it at that minimum, or even better make a day or something like that, it would make every post worthwhile, and leave us wanting more. Keep that urge to write with these characters goin'.

Snoball

23rd President of the United States of America
    Wow, I love the ambiance you're adding with the music, @Specter of Death ! It's definitely a nice touch :D Gonna try to get a post up by tonight, if not tomorrow morning. Still have to decide why Jacoby would be in the Whiterun area though. I'm thinking maybe he's waiting in Whiterun to carry out a hit on a wealthy noble whose on their way to Whiterun to seek refuge, but the noble never shows up (ambushed by one of those nightmare creatures possibly?)

Very excited to see where this story can be taken/plays out :D

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Wow, I love the ambiance you're adding with the music, @Specter of Death ! It's definitely a nice touch :D Gonna try to get a post up by tonight, if not tomorrow morning. Still have to decide why Jacoby would be in the Whiterun area though. I'm thinking maybe he's waiting in Whiterun to carry out a hit on a wealthy noble whose on their way to Whiterun to seek refuge, but the noble never shows up (ambushed by one of those nightmare creatures possibly?)

Very excited to see where this story can be taken/plays out :D
    I like the idea! Let's make sure Jacoby remains blind to what's going on with the nightmares and creatures and the like. Being in Whiterun, this will be the first time he hears about anything. Just keep that in mind friend!

Goes the same with all the other characters as well :D

Thanks for the support! Glad you like it! It won't be the last little hook we'll have. This story will have alot of those involved. To drastically improve the story as we go!!

Sweetroll76

Well I'm not fully sure I knowwhat you mean by 'Dark world' (im not even sure if I'm supposed to know) but I know that Jinn hangs around Falkreath a lot due to its wilderness and hunting grounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Well I'm not fully sure I knowwhat you mean by 'Dark world' (im not even sure if I'm supposed to know) but I know that Jinn hangs around Falkreath a lot due to its wilderness and hunting grounds.

Let me know what you need help understanding please. I'd invite maybe reading the Adventure Hook Post again, just in case. I tried my best to capture everything all of our characters need to understand before going forward in the RP.

The world is dark and nightmarish, both literally and figuratively. It hasn't been sunny for most of the year, only stormy meloncholy skies. The denizens within the cities are all terrified, etc. That's what I meant by dark.

I don't know what you mean about Jinn. All our character are to be starting in Whiterun, as the Adventure Hook says.

Ask me all the questions you need to, I'd like it if we all were on the same page of understanding and mindset before any posting starts. Confusion will only lead to poor postings and confusing plots and characters. Thank you :D Just looking to help anyway that I can.

@Sweetroll76

Sweetroll76

Ah. Thats embarrassing. Perhaps it's best if I read the post next time before posting myself [emoji28]. Was in a bit of a rush but I'll be sure to take my time in responding in the future. Ill go read that post snd get back to you at some point

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    the_dark_ages_by_jonasdero-d55wvrb.jpg

I was thinking about using this piece of art in the first Adventure Hook, but I wasn't sure whether or not it would be too much with the Music :D So I wanted to post it here. I felt like (aside from the body...... for now ;) ) it gave me an idea of what the world might look like now in our adventure. Maybe it might inspire y'all :D If you think adding it to the IC thread would be worthwhile, lemme know and I will.

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    I just love everything about the role play thus far! So well thought-out, designed, and prepared! Flawless!

I love Lilium's backstory journals, they are so well-written!

I also see we need to discuss what we need to do before we place in our first posts! For Spenser, I can definitely see him at the Inn, considering he is a wandering mercenary of such. And with the cities in such despair and disarray, the Inns are most likely the happiest places in the holds, considering the warm foods, fires, and bards. With Spenser's optimism and search for people to help, a place with good music and gossip for work seems like a place our warrior would be found. Does that sound well?

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I just love everything about the role play thus far! So well thought-out, designed, and prepared! Flawless!

I love Lilium's backstory journals, they are so well-written!

I also see we need to discuss what we need to do before we place in our first posts! For Spenser, I can definitely see him at the Inn, considering he is a wandering mercenary of such. And with the cities in such despair and disarray, the Inns are most likely the happiest places in the holds, considering the warm foods, fires, and bards. With Spenser's optimism and search for people to help, a place with good music and gossip for work seems like a place our warrior would be found. Does that sound well?

Love it! It makes perfect sense. I also look forward to seeing his thoughts on the odd setting and behavior in the town, and the world! I'm sure somebody so perky will have quite the thoughts and the life about the current stasis of the world!

Thanks :) I'm glad you like it! My aim is to make it wonderful for the three of you, and I know I'll have fun with it if I do! Kynareth knows I am right now :D <3

Thank you! I love her so much already. Can't wait to see her develop relationships with Jacoby, Jinn, and of course her OTP Spens ;)! I was really trying to focus on her relationship development with Faralda, and the development of her own character - and specifically just how she has really only just started to mature and become more adult, along with her adept mastery of her magic skills to go with it. I kind of want her Magic skills to be what drags along her maturity until it's complete if that makes sense. With every stepping stone of her magical career, is another small step in growing to an adult. XD (makes more sense in my head, and will in writing. I promise).

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    Sweet! I am super excited to start! Would you like me to place a post for Spenser, or are there any reasons why I should wait?

Also, sorry for my spotty, spontaneous appearances. Still trying to adapt to the college life, haha! But I have mid-term break after my last classes on Wednesday, so I should have a bit more free time if the roleplay kicks off before then! <3

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Sweet! I am super excited to start! Would you like me to place a post for Spenser, or are there any reasons why I should wait?

Also, sorry for my spotty, spontaneous appearances. Still trying to adapt to the college life, haha! But I have mid-term break after my last classes on Wednesday, so I should have a bit more free time if the roleplay kicks off before then! <3

Go right ahead! Just keep in mind everything we have discussed and all should be well!! Looking forward to what you come up with :)

and no worries on being spotty! I'm spotty too, and even more so the last couple days. I've been feeling a little under the weather, and a little lack-luster emotionally tbh. So haven't caught the motivation to be here. But I'm back this evening! And I'll try to be on the rest of the week as well. So if any of you guys need anything from me or of me, just let me know :D <3

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I hope all is well with everyone! Just wanna remind you guys that this is still up and running, and you guys can post whenever you feel like it and can! If necessary I will post another piece for Lily, but I will hold off until I hear from you guys! <3 <3 <3

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Bumpedy Bump Bump! Hope y'all's holiday season is going swimmingly! I've decided to put this RP on hold, unfortunately. I was really hoping that I wouldn't have to do it with another one of my passion projects with writers that I was SO looking forward to writing with ASAP. However, life is life, and life can be hectic. So until we can all be confident that we can be active at least bi weekly, I'm going to freeze the IC Thread. Happy Holidays everyone! <3

Sweetroll76

Thank you friend. This is eeally nice of you. And will not be taken lightly. I will see you on the flip side

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    I hope it will be ready soon! Also, I apologize for my absence. I am happy to be back! :D

Snoball

23rd President of the United States of America
    Happy new years, guys! Sorry for stalling this on my end. My last job was ripping the soul (and motivation to write) out of me. In a much happier/stable place now compared to 3 months ago, and excited for the stories and characters we can develop real soon :)

Sweetroll76

I too am also alive! Was in a rough place last semester and was obsessed with other things. But recently I got back into skyrim and am ready to give this a shot

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    MY LOVELY CO-WRITERS! Welcome back and Happy 2018! I'm so happy and excited to see that you guys are back and excited to write! It seems we are all in need of our fun and creative little outlet, so I'm happy to agree to kicking this baby back up again! Are we all able to say confidently that we can post at least once a week?

Latest posts