OOC [18+] Once More Into the Dark (discussion, set-up, etc)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Hale Loneshadow

Hey there friends and foes, it's Hale. Yes, that flake who almost started up an RP last year and let life and such distract him from doing so, and possibly letting some of his friends down here in the process! Well, I'm a flake no more, and back and ready to get down with a killer adventure with some fine and unfine folk such as yourselves. Life happens, and that's the point of my new style of RP - I've developed one that can entertain us, stay stress-free if someone can't post for days or weeks at a time, and also help me with my own novel in the works.

I hear you thinking, "But Hale, you eloquent, nirnroot smoking sod, I just want to hear the damn idea!" So on that note, let's get into it!

Setting, Plot, and the Overall Situation

The year is 330 F.E. The World Eater has long been defeated. The Dragonborn has long passed into history, then legend, and finally myth. The Dominion and the Empire waged another war forty-some years after the Dragon Crisis, which eventually erupted into a world war, with the allied nations of each side beating the living hell out of each other until both nations retreated to their respective lands, with the High Elves all but becoming recluses in their own realm, going fully dark to the rest of Tamriel. But the world still turns, life goes on, and new threats always rise in the place of the old.

In this case, the new threat has taken the form of an elder vampire lord and lady, a matchmade in perdition itself. Older, stronger, and far more clever than even Harkon, Lord Daray and Lady Elisabeta hewed a red swath through northeastern Highrock when they awoke from their deep sleep of uncountable centuries. Pushing their army of vampire knights, undead minions, and human collaborators into Skyrim, and eventually down into Cyrodiil and even into certain points in Morrowind and Valenwood (whilst mysteriously avoiding both Black Marsh and Hammerfell), the worldscape of much of Tamriel was seemingly changed forever. Now styling themselves the Shadow Emperor and Empress, the pair of vampire ancients and their hordes every since held sway over all of these nations, save the untouched lands of Black Marsh and Hammerfell..........

And a self-styled Free Nation comprising of Whiterun, Windhelm, and surprisingly the Kingdom of Northpoint, where the local lords (with the help of a mysterious stranger named Hale Loneshadow and his fellow Company of Adventurers, from lands both local and far beyond) and their determined forces pushed the appointed vampire Count out, with his decapitated head on a silver pike cemented into the ground outside of the kingdom's new grand wall, defended with runes, spells, and good old manpower. It has been a stalemate for some years now, as the Shadow Empire has been more determined than ever to secure the seemingly more prevalent holdouts in Skyrim, as well as making concerted attempts to fully invade and conquer Morrowind and Valenwood.

Sensing an opportunity, Hale Loneshadow take advantage of the autumn lull, and posts notices with every inn, village, ship, and courier to reform his Company with companions old and new, having recently garnered knowledge from a contact in his homeland that could very well turn the tide for good. But to do so, Hale and his friends (and, perhaps, rivals) will have to once more proceed Into the Dark!

Character Creation, Posting, and other assorted jazz

Look, I'm not about to be a stickler here on any of this! This is first and foremost to *have fun,* and therefore I'm only really asking for some small amount of effort here:

Be mindful of your character's powers and abilities - no Godtier! Flaws are FUN

Try to be diverse in your class relative to other RP'ers characters (i.e., maybe consider a different class other than ranger if there's already another ranger or three!) Diversity is FUN

At LEAST a couple of paragraphs for your intro post, and at LEAST a paragraph on other posts (I won't be a stickler on this, but c'mon the more you think, the more fun it'll be for you and everyone else) Trying is FUN

Lastly, I'm not looking to cut off applications unless (haha) they get overwhelming for some absurd reason. I'm also not needing you to post every day, or even every week or two. But at the same time, please try to not go totally AWOL (yeah yeah coming from the Master Flake himself)! Being present is FUN

Lastly lastly, have FUN. Be creative, be goofy, be serious, be sexual, be whatever you want to be. This isn't the real world, let loose and try that "other" side of you out! Being creative is FUN

If you made it to here, thank you for bearing with me and my long friggin' ramblings. Hope this catches some eyes and picks up some steam! After a couple character cards, I'll post an intro post. Hell, I might do it before all that. But again, like I said above, don't worry! I literally won't refuse anyone who wants to have some good ol' creative entertainment times, so have at it whenever you want.

The Seraph

When the Dawn Breaks, I shall be there
    I could get a character up if you wanted me. I do occasionally suffer from terrible writing though and I love me some long, complex prose, if that is a problem.

Hale Loneshadow

I could get a character up if you wanted me. I do occasionally suffer from terrible writing though and I love me some long, complex prose, if that is a problem.

Oh I love me some good long, complex prose! The more purple the prose, the better for this kinda thing my friend. Go for it!

Hale Loneshadow

Aahhh plopse! grab me pipe and nightshade cus’ the lord and savior has returned!!!

I’ll get something up soon if allowed!

Hahaha thank you my friend, I don't deserve such praise! And yes, YES you're allowed! Go for it

The_Lost_Foxtrot

Luwd uf Shoduws
    Mah! don't talk liek that about yourself, I've read Your rps and stuff and they are great! and thank ye me good sir, I'll get maybe two CCs soon enough ;3

Edit: btw is there something spesiffic you want in the CCs? just so I don't leave anything out:D

Hale Loneshadow

Oh just like name / race / sex/gender / gear/weapons/supplies / small backstory and [If directly joining Hale's starting point @ Northpoint] reason for joining Company of Adventurers

And thank ya for the kind words buddy! Hope they entertained lol I remember most of em from back in the day

Hale Loneshadow

And just a head's up - I'm going to go and write out the introductory post, but don't feel rushed, it doesn't depend on any of you guys needing characters yet, just putting a 3rd person limited perspective on Hale and what he's up to.

The_Lost_Foxtrot

Luwd uf Shoduws
    There they are! hope they have everything you need, and if there is something that needs to be changed/fixed etc. just let me know! And just a heads up there MIGHT be some small editing on them since I wrote their baclstories and such while it is the dead of Knight for me so I may or may not be half tired as I Write this :D:p))

Name: Mathias

Alias: The Grimm

Race: half Imperial and Bosmer

Sex: male

sexuality: Heterosexual

religion: Sithis, but has no Connection to the Dark Brotherhood

Relationship/Marital status : Single

Laterality: right handed but can use left hand if needed

Combat preference: Mathias has always been in a Warrior who relays on his mastery over shadow and sword. He will use underhand tactics and quick agile movements to take Down an enemy..

Class: Assassin/Swordsman

Character Appearance: Mathias stands at 5'8 and has a dark tan skin color, he has medium leangth snow white hair and amber eyes that glows an unusual deep purple whenever he uses his abilities. A well built body from all the training. Has rune looking scars carved all over his body from the ritual , and a scar that goes from the right eyebrow, over the bridge of the nose and ends under his left eye.

Crow appearance: in his crow form he has Pitch black feathers, that fades into Crimson red at the ends of the feather tails and wings, as well as Crimson feathered markings in the chest and head. The eyes glow deep Purple when he uses this form.

Armor: he wears a black and crimson robes that goes a little bit over his knees along with black leather gloves and knee leangth boots, along With light black armor over his chest, shoulders, forearms and some on his boots, a hood and black mask that resembles a fox wich has cimson metal plating for protection, and a black face mask that goes over the nose and chin, and Down his neck also With Crimson metal plating, he will switch between the face mask and fox mask whenever he feels like it, but is usually seen With the fox mask. The same goes for for the rest of the armor, With Crimson plating out lining the black.

Weapons: he has a one and a half handel steel and silver sword that has holy runes carved into the blade for an advantage against the undead, enchanted With the Power to drain it's victims Health and stamina, he Calls it The Fallen One, and have nine thowing knives, four strapped to his chest and five on his belt.

Personality:
    calm and catious, always giving advise and pointers to Vailyn to help her in her Young age, he has experiance as an assassin and firghter against the vampires. With this he could sneak in some snide or snarky comments and remarks if the situation alowed it.

Likes: flying, the thrill of fighting strong opponents, eventually those Close to him, and sketching in his book.

Dislikes/Fears: open waters (Oceans and such), bows (not that he hates bow users or anything just that he can't shoot with one to save his life) and necromancers.

streanth: is almost always calm, a master of stealth and a good swordsman.

weakness: is usually in pain from the ritual, has to take a mix of Health potion,a small dose skooma and any form of alcahol to reduce the pain, can't aim a bow for s**t. has become slightly addicted to the medicine because of the skooma, and turns frantic from the pain without it.

History: when Mathias was born in High Rock he was abandoned by his parents and grew up on the streets of Wayrest, where he started to become a ghost and observed the soldiers of the Shadow Empire as they trained and patrolled the streets. after some years he was kidnapped and used by necromancers in a ritual wich backfired on them, killing everyone exept for him.

Later on as the years went by he trained in the arts of shadow, and sword. as time went on he found out he had abilities like changing his appearance and a deep, almost supernatural connection to the arts of combat, he can even turn into a crow.

when he beacme older he took on work as a mercenary and assassin fighting against the Empire, becoming infamous throughout most Courts and political powers for his skills and successful missions, and since no one knows his real name the lords and ladies gave him the title The Grimm, the only thing telling it was him is a white rose tainted crimson. And now he is traveling, having picked up a girl to teach and for Company. A couple of years ago he and Vaylin heard about the defense against the Shadow Empire up at Northpoint and joined up With them, where they have been ever since. working both outside and insdie their borders in hopes of driving away the Shadow Empire for good.

dialogue color: This?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Full Name: Vaylin Rosewood

Nickmanes: Vay, Little Fox, Host

Species: Bosmer

Religion: Used to follow the Bosmeri Pantheon, but stopped practicing it a few years ago, but still greatly respects the gods of her homeland.

Relationship status: Single.

Physical Appearance: Vailyn stands at a rather short hight, usually half a head Shorter then the average human, she is slightly muscled from traning and traveking the road for so long but not so muscled as to hinder her somewhat moderate feminine curves to show. Rich, dark Brown hair With a shimmer of red covers her head that falls Down a little over her back wich she sometimes keeps tied back With a small strip of leather or cloth, along With deep forest green eyes.

Armor: She wears a mix of leather and steel, leather bracers and boots, steel plating on the bracers overlaping eachother along and fingerless gloves With a leather currias With a wine red long sleved shirt under to protect her from the Cold, she has a dark Brown fur cloak from a sabrer cat that goes to just over her knees With a Hood Attached to it, and dark gray trousers.

Weapons: a bow made of Ebony and ashen colored Wood, and quiver of about two dozen elven Arrows, a pair of long daggers made of silver and steel carved With the same holy runes and The Fallen Ones for advantage against undead.

Scars: a triplet of claw like scars going from her left shoulder blade, over her back and Down to her right hip, she got it from an encounter With a saber cat, she made her cloak from it after she killed it.

Personality: Vailyn is a happy and cheerful Young woman, always loking for an adventure and exlporing as she wants as well as any People in need, she is a kind hearted and mischevious woman.

Dislikes: racists, being held caged/locked up, being called short.

History
    Vailyn had a rather normal childhood, she grew up With her parents until the age of six when they were killed in an encounter With some highwaymen, wich was when she was teken in by her uncle and aunt whom tought her how to use a bow and hunt. When she was old enough she decided to travel the world and explore where ever she could. As she traveled she was saddened by the state Wich the paople lived in, and decided to help whever she could.

One day as she was helping an old farmer With who was sick she was cornered by a pack of vampires of the Empire, she manged to fend off two of them before she was too injured to fight back. Just as she thought she was going to meet her end she was saved, a shadow tanited by Crimson came from the dark and slaughtered the last of her attackers.

After that he had taken Vaylin to his current hideout and treated her wounds and let her rest, telling her his name as she recovered. A few days laetr she was back on her feet and felt indepted to the man who saved her, offering her services to him and asked that he would teach her how to fight like him. Mathias thought it over before accepting, letting her travel with him ever since.

Text color: This red?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts