• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Aethalia

It has been two years since the citizens of Skyrim began disappearing. A group of companions discovered the source, and attempted to warn the rest of Tamriel. They were dismissed without a second thought. A month later, an inestimable horde of creatures swarmed from below the surface of Skyrim, known only as 'The Blight'. These creatures have spread throughout Tamriel, killing randomly, and taking civilians for unknown, but undoubtedly horrifying purposes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
    Rules
    1: No Godmodding, super powered characters, weapons or spells.
    2: This will be an 18+ Roleplay, that means gore, sexual situations, and coarse language.
    3: Madrar, TheShadedOne, and Myself spent about three months working on this RP. If you can't be bothered to commit to this, then please, don't waste our time.
    4: This is not going to be a very cheerful, heroes saving the day roleplay. If that's the kind of roleplay you want, I suggest you not apply here.
    5: Please be respectful to your fellow RPers. Otherwise this doesn't work.
    6: More of a notice than a rule. We are only accepting three people. You will be accepted based on your spelling and grammar, and, of course, your character card.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
    The Blight
    The main Antagonists of the story.​
    The blight are a 'race' with unknown origins, although it is suspected that they can 'infect' other races with some dark alchemy, deep in the bowels of Tamriel, though this has never been proven.All members of the blight have yellow eyes, but lack pupils.​
    Corpsers: The weakest 'strain'. Emaciated looking bipedal creatures, with pale green-grey skin, and looking somewhat like Goblins from LOTR. Surprisingly strong, with long, black claws, and fangs. Their bite poisons their victims, causing rot, and debilitating their target, until they either die, or the Corpsers can catch up to them. Can use weapons, but prefer their claws and fangs​
    Slayers: The main soldier 'strain' of Blight forces. Steel grey skin, with shorter claws, and hands designed for holding weapons. Their fangs are shorter as well, allowing them to speak the common language. Holding themselves higher than the Corpsers, they often use weapons, ride mounts, fire bows, and wear armour.​
    Brute: Believed to have been created from the common troll, this creature is covered in short, coarse black hair, and has four eyes, two higher up on its forhead, and two slightly further apart, and lower. It has large, curved tusks and long claws as well. Immensely tough, with a keen sense of smell and hearing. They are able to use weapons, often larger than anything a normal warrior could hope to wield.​
    Gargant: Formed from the peaceful giants that wandered the plains of Skyrim. Now covered in slate grey scales, that are strong enough to resist all but the strongest attacks. Their only weaknesses are the gaps in the armour that allow them to be surprisingly manoeuvrable, and their necks and eyes.​
    Warg: A mix between wolf and bear. Used as mounts by slayer patrols.​
    Darkwolf: A twisted version of a lycan. All of them have black fangs, claws, and fur, with the only exception their glowing eyes. Unknown if they share the lycans weakness to silver.​
    Wraith: A spectral creature that wears tattered robes, and is often hooded, with only its' eyes visible from the depths of the hood. Their bodies are nothing more than black skeletons, and they are the only members of the Blight that use magical spells, at the same level of some master level wizards.​
    Battle-Masters: Red skinned commanders of the Blight forces. Notoriously tough to kill, masters of most weapons and unarmed combat. Can think creatively, and often pride themselves on their tactical genius.​
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Main
    Characters
    Aliah Stormwind
    Averain Silverblade
    Bornir Strongarm
    Donath Stonesplitter
    Elizabeth
    Julius
    Lythare
    Salthar Vivarian
    Shadari
    Torin Greenbow
    Sorath the Black
    Amgril the Gold

Drahkma

Dashing Imperial Officer.
    awesome. When you say three more people....you mean what, exactly? Only three of the old group besides you, Shaded and Madrar can join?

Aethalia

No. I'm contacting those from the old group. Thesius and Drell aren't interested, unfortunately, it looks like everyone else is on board.

Drahkma

Excellent. You want those from the old group to post up our CCs again?

Drahkma

Excellent. So, you guys spent three months on this, huh?

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Excellent. So, you guys spent three months on this, huh?

About that amount of time. I think we started some time in November? Maybe early December, cant remember at the moment, but in either case, this RP has been in the works for some time now.

Blackwhite1223

Sounds promising. Do you guys mind if I bring Bornir back? I had planned to kill him off earlier, in What Lurks in the Dark, but this one might be a little better suited for character killing.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    That's fine. Oh, and just so everyone knows the score, there WILL be character deaths. Jarls, generals, children, etc.

Aethalia

Only Windhelm, Whiterun, and Solitude are still in good shape. The College of Winterhold is still standing as well, but all those that were living ground level are dead. Both Riverwood and Rorikstead are destroyed, and refugees are heading towards Whiterun. I should also mention, the cities in the RP will be much larger than those in the game, just for realism purposes.

willowwisp

And here I was thinking Aethalia had left, never to return. Anyone know if Windwalker is interested in coming back?

willowwisp

Awesome! I wanted to initiate a romance with his character in WLITD, but this works out just as well. So, is there a plot line or...?

Aethalia

Romance sounds good. Especially since Nightfall will be sort of like the final Lord of the Rings. (Before any one brings it up, yes, I KNOW I stole Wargs from LOTR) We do have a plot, but I think it's best to keep the fine details between myself, Shaded and Madrar, for now at least. When we start, I was thinking something like this for starting areas for our characters. Let me know if this sounds unfair or, you know, stupid.

-Coming from Rorikstead: A band of refugees, protected/lead by Elizabeth and Torin. Pursued by Warg riding Slayers.

-Coming from Riverwood: A band of regugees, protected/lead by Stormmaidens' character. (Can't remember her name right now, sorry!) Pursued by Warg riders.

-Falkreath area: Salthar Vivarian.

-Ruins of Riften: Aliah Stormwind and Shadari.

-Dawnstar, outside of Dawnstar: Averain Silverblade (hand?)

-The plains outside of Whiterun: Donath and Julius.

Any newcomers will be assigned random cities. By a vote between myself, Shaded and Madrar.

I think that covers everyone. I need to get ready for work now, so if you have questions, just ask Madrar or Shaded. If they have time to answer them, that is. I'll be home around 1:30-2:00 PM Eastern Time. By that time, hopefully we'll have straightened out any questions. Ideally, I'd like to start the IC sometime near when I get back.

Baneloth

This all looks great to me. Excited to be writing Donath again. Especially in the continuation to WLITD.

Aethalia

Okay, so Windwalker is in school still, but he says he'll post an intro later tonight. Which means...we can start! I'll post my intro first, then Shaded, if you could post?

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Okay, I'm about half way through my post, but I need to go take care of something. I'll be back around six, six thirty?

Sid

The fairly crap Pokémon trainer....
    Could I get a CC up?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts