OOC {18+} Mist and Shadows

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

willowwisp

Oh dear. Sorry Shaded. With work, Dusk, and Nightfall, I kinda forgot about this. Really sorry. I think I can post something.

Zendrix

I was curious to whether or not you would still be interested in acquiring another player. If so, I'd be interested in joining and will post a character here once informed.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    If you'r available for regular posting, I might be able to accept you. Put up a card.

Zendrix

Name: Lorgnak gro'Buzgor
    Race: Orc (Orsimer)

Height: 6' 2"
    Weight: 278 lbs

Appearance: Lorgnak is the stereotypical Orc of the closed-minded folk. He towers above most average men wearing muscles upon muscles from year upon years of battle-hardened physique on his grey-green skin. His head is shaved, his jaw thick to compliment his build. A thick scar, revealing the pink underflesh, runs from his left temple to his lips - it crosses from the left of his upper lip to the right of his bottom lip. His hands are large and are said to be used to crush the heads of his foes within their grip. The tusks on his bottom jaw are broken in a self-shaming technique to remind himself that we wasn't strong enough to save his tribe.

Affiliation: N/A Lorgnak wanders on his own, hunting and trading in an attempt to live an average life - he takes on bounties occasionally to sate his bloodlust and battle-blood.
    Class: Warrior (Morrowind)
    Weapons: Iron Warhammer, Hunting Bow, Handaxe
    Armour: Banded Iron Armor, Iron Gauntlets, Iron Boots, Banded Iron Shield

Dislikes: Books, Magic, Mages, High Elves (Altmer), Nonorganic Enemies, Undead

Backstory: Lorgnak grew up in a once existent Orc tribe in the western plains of Skyrim. He lived a simple life, going for conditioning runs through the plains chasing elk and the occasional deer with just a dagger or hatchet, sometimes for fun and sometimes for training. This didn't satisfy him, so he took to armoring in his father's shadow. He took pride in being the son of the tribe's armorer, and learned many unusual techniques to help craft and hone armor and weapon alike. He even learned from his ex-warband leader shield techniques to use in battle, employing an empty main-hand. Intelligence was never his cup of milk, and as the son of an armorer took to heavier armors and heavier weapons as a means of covering his low agility and lack of magicka use. In his 27th year of life, as he began taking over his father's armoring tent, Lorgnak went mining in the orichalcum mine nearby.

After hours of mining for the most pure and perfect orichalcum ore he could find, he returned to plumes of smoke rising from a seemingly silent inferno among the confines of his tribe's walls. Lorgnak dropped his sack of ores and ran to his home with fear of what he knew had happened. He wanted to disbelieve it. He rushed into the open gate to find his kin lifeless in the dirt, their blood painting the ground and grass as if to taunt Lorgnak with its beautiful red tint. Rage filled his veins, and he rushed to the longhouse to find his father fighting off two bandits. These men were wearing animal skins, one with antlers atop his cowl. He had never seen these men before, but held no remorse as he picked up the nearest weapon - a simple iron warhammer that he had crafted under his father's watch. He swung once, and doesn't recall any more from that evening.

He awakened later that night, hanging from the ceiling by his feet. He was able to untie himself, and fell to the ground. He crawled to his father who lay lifeless on the floor. After he shed his tears, buried his kin, and meditated on what happened, Lorgnak took his father's dagger, cut his hair, and shaved his face. As his hair fell, he noticed a large gash on the left of his face in the reflection of the blade. He vowed to become stronger and to avenge his kin. With the final reserves of iron, leather, furs, and with his life's training, Lorgnak crafted his own weapons and armors in which he carved his tribe's symbol. The iron armor he wears is slightly darker, this is a secret technique used by his father, passed down from generation to generation. It's not black, but only slightly - but noticeably- darker than average iron armors. To finalize his lament, Lorgnak took a chisel and hammer to his tusks, nearly breaking them off to shame himself into rememberingthe pain he went through the previous night.

Lorgnak now roams all of Skyrim putting his brute force to work for gold to survive just long enough to prove he could avenge his family. He has yet to feel satisfied with his own abilities and seeks more tasks to improve his self-worth.

(It's been quite some time since I wrote up a character. I modeled him after a character I RPed on a Skyrim save. Hope it's good enough for consideration.)

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Accepted. Pick a dialogue colour and write an intro.

Andre Marek

You can run, but you'll only die tired...
    I'll try to get a post up here today or tomorrow. Sorry for the neglect. I haven't been on the forums in a while so I'm still getting up to date.

Zendrix

I apologize. I had a very busy week, and will be submitting my first post tomorrow. What did you mean by picking a color? Do you mean finding a color to speak in (as I have seen with the IC posts) and sticking with that color?

willowwisp

Hey, Shaded, I've thought of a neat idea for maybe a sub-plot? I'll message you, and you can decide if you like it.

Andre Marek

Ok I'm working on a post but I think it would help if we were each given a few clues that our characters could find in order to set our group on the trail. Otherwise I really don't know what I should be finding or what could be important. Of course I could make it up but I don't know whether it would fit into your plan.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    A hint, huh? Honestly, Marek, I'm not sure how much I can help you. If Marek is any kind of tracker, which I assume he is, since no star warsy gadgets to help him along, he could find some strange tracks. Boot prints that vanish after a short distance. Not necessarily magic, but I think it's obvious the Reach would be a place where it's fairly difficult to track people. Because of...all the rocks. If that doesn't give you something to work with, I don't know how to help. Basically I'm fine with anything you can think of, so long as no one automatically solves the disappearances, or discovers the Blight forces.

So, hope this helped. I've got to shower and then it's off to work with me.

Drahkma

Dashing Imperial Officer.
    Nice post, Marek. Always thought of your character as an old fashioned Boba Fett. A slice above the average Nordic hunter, seeing as, in game, the bounty hunters are about as competent as a pack of hutts. Swinging hammers that miss three quarters of the time. Could a Hutt swing a hammer?

Andre Marek

Hutts have always been a mystery to me. How does something that huge and helpless become a criminal kingpin? Wouldn't the other bad guys just laugh and shoot him?

Drahkma

Maybe they're smart for their looks? I know I wouldn't want one to fall on me.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Well, it's been a while since I posted in this, thought I'd get something up. Speaking of posting....
    @Thesius ? Are you still around?

And @Drahkma, how's that Riften mirror of this, but not really a mirror of this coming?

Drahkma

Well...yes. The intro-beginning thing is written up, spell checked all that good stuff. Just can't think of a name.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Hmm. Think of something Riften-y? And for some reason, I've that stupid Meow-Mix song stuck in my head. Don't know why, haven't heard it in forever, and my cats don't even eat meow-mix.

Drahkma

Riften-y is very, uh...vague. I could always name it the Land of Trolls and Spiders. Or Tons of Bandits. But I guess that wouldn't work very well. As for your meow mix conundrum...maybe your cats are sending you psychic messages to tell you they're hungry.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts