OOC [18+] Kings of Fire

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Well, I can't fault you on being imaginative and witty in terms of your involvement in the story, the hard part is actually involving him, since I'm not quite sure where we can slide him in an with the RP focused on Ulfric's group it can't really be dry frequent that you run into us, otherwise it would be unrealistic. I think it's probably a better idea that you switch, but I won't make you of you don't want to.

Andger, as great as that last post was, it's made it a whole lot harder to respond to everyone, since now I get to speak like one line to people then have to deal with the brawl. That, and seeing a Stormcloak beat on his own like that... Throgrim will be a tad angry to say the least :p

I apologise for not getting a post up yesterday. My best friend invited me over yesterday and I hadn't seen him for six months prior. I'm doing a small shift this morning until 1pm (currently 7:20am here) but after that I'll be able to post.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Its fine for the moment but I may have to throw a couple of PMs out so that I can get some worthwhile dialogue in before Throgrim and Aldor have a little confrontation [emoji14]

Orien Terrik

"Arik tree'ac te kek."
    I'm not sure how exactly he would meet up with you guys, but I really think this character could be an interesting addition to the RP.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Name: Björn Kril-Kendov (Brave Warrior in Dragon Tongue, which is what the Nords of old spoke in.)

Race: Nord (Skaal: Thirsk Mead Hall)

Laterality: Ambidextrous (Although he prefers his right hand, so you could make an argument for right handed).

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Religion: Torn between the nine divines and the All-Maker

Birthday: 7th of Last Seed

Birthsign: Warrior

Height: 7'0"

Weight: 250 lbs.

Marital Status: Single

APPEARANCE

Hair: Dirty Blonde. Semi-short and wavy
    Eyes: Silver (Sort of bluish, but not really)
    Face: Strong Nordic Structure
    Facial Hair: While he served with the Stormcloaks, he couldn't seem to grow a beard, however, two years after leaving, he was finally able to grow one.
    Build: Very Muscular. His life has morphed him into an extremely thick man.
    Tattoos/Paint: Blue warpaint that covers half his face (Think Braveheart style, on the left side).
    Scars: Three claw marks running down the right side of his face from a troll (They are hard to see).
    Character Image:
    the_nord_by_theshadowfake-d81chq7.png

PERSONALITY

Positive Traits: A strong warrior. Is surprisingly smart, despite people thinking he is a brute. Is very patient, which, for some reason, is also surprising to people. He doesn't talk much, so it is hard for him to get on someones nerves. Despite having fought for the Stormcloaks in the war, he believes in a sense of equality for all races, and therefore gets along pretty well with everyone except for the dominion races. Holds his alcohol well.

Negative Traits: Can occasionally have a short temper, can be occasionally rude, has a strong dislike for the Dominion, Dislikes Ulfric's policy on foreign races (However, he respects the man), he is shy.

Dislikes: women who flirt with him and make him feel shy, little annoying bugs that bite and leave itchy spots, impatient people.

Loves: Food, alcohol, Combat, fighting, sparring, honor, glory, patience, bravery, Dragons

Hates: Cowards, fools, people without honor, Rieklings, Dragons

Fears: Getting close to someone, and then loosing them.

Habits: Sharpening his Greatsword, stroking his none existent beard, eating and drinking.

Hobbies: Sparring, fighting in combat, Hunting worthy creatures.

EQUIPMENT

Armor: A set of custom made Nordic carved armor, with a golden trim.

Weapons: A Nordic Battleaxe, which he carved symbols into that is enchanted with a frost effect (This frost effect also happens to make the carved ruins glow blue). A dagger in case he loses his axe.

Magic: He really has no Magical power other than his skill at enchanting things. He is able to resist frost due to his Nord blood.

Other Gear: He tends to travel light. A small knife is his only other possession currently.
    32516-1-1362516442.jpg

(Armor)
    NordicBattleaxe.png

BACKSTORY

Childhood: Not much is known of the early life of Björn Kril-Kendov. He was born to the parents Ragnar Bear-Man and Loratha Shield-Maiden (WHo had both been involved with Ulfric Stormcloak in the Markarth Incident). Being raised in the middle of no where, practically, Ragnar began teaching his son at the age of 8 how to fight in combat. At age 10, Björn hit his first growth spurt, and at age 12, he had become proficient with a sword.

Early Teens: Graduating from a War Axe to a Battleaxe, Björn Kril-Kendov would continue to improve his combat prowess, as well as his strength and endurance. His true test would be soon at hand, though, as Civil Unrest was quickly turning into Civil War.

Late Teens: It was in his late Teens, at age 18, that Björn Kril-Kendov would get his first taste of combat. Rallying with Jarl Ulfric Stormcloak of Windhelm after his parents had been killed by the Thalmor, Björn would join the ranks of the Stormcloak rebellion. He fought on the frontline for a few months before the pivotal battle of Whiterun. Advancing with the first wave of soldiers, they encountered heavy resistance at the main gate. Many Stormcloaks were killed, and many more began to flee, however, Björn held his ground against what seemed like overwhelming odds, and as the second wave advanced behind him, they saw the young man fighting for his life, and instantly let out a war cry, and charged into the fray, smashing into the enemy lines with force, and eventually driving them back inside the main city gates. A Battering ram was brought forward, and they proceeded to begin hitting the Wooden doors, however, it quickly became a blood bath, as Whiterun archers picked off the Stormcloak soldiers. It was during this time that Björn would once again step up, taking charge of the battering ram, he and the men hefting it began hitting the door with new vigor, and it began to crack, however, three men on the ram went down. Look to his left, at a strong Nord woman, he simply nodded, and together they let out a war cry, and lifted the ram up, straining under the weight, and charged forward. The ram made contact with the gate, which gave way and split in two. Björn and the Stormcloak woman were greeted with a hail of arrows, one of which went through his chainmail, and stabbed into his chest (Not deep but shallow), and another arrow went into his right arm. The woman wasn't so lucky, as she got an arrow straight into her eye socket. Björn kept charging forward, and engaged the Whiterun guards with two arrows sticking out of him. The main body of the Stormcloak army sat stunned for a few seconds, watching him charge in like that, however, they recovered, and let out a war cry, charging into the battle after Björn. They eventually fought their way to Dragonsreach, where the leaders of the Stormcloak army dueled with Balgruuf, who eventually surrendered. The Stormcloaks released a loud cheer, and Björn joined in. In the aftermath, while he was being attended to, Björn was promoted to officer, becoming the youngest officer in the Stormcloak army. He would go on to lead his soldiers to many a victory.

Adulthood: At wars end, Björn stuck around Windhelm for a while, however, things didn't change the way he wanted them to. Many were still oppressed, and the only ones who seemed to have true freedom were the Nords. Retiring from the military at age 20, Björn stuck around in Windhelm for a month longer, before deciding to go and explore. He eventually found his way onto the Northern Maiden, which took him to Solstheim (He arrived a few months after the Dragonborn fought and defeated Miraak). He was treated suspiciously by the Dark Elves, however, they were still kind enough to point out a local Nord village in the area. Making his way to the Skaal Village, he would eventually settle there for a time, falling in to the Skaal's way of life. It was here that he learned his enchanting skills, which he seemed to be a natural at. He also fell in love with a young woman named Hiran. After three years, however, the warrior life called to him once more, and he departed from the Skaal village, saying his goodbyes, and set off towards Thirsk Mead Hall. Upon arrival, he was informed that to join this warrior band, he would need to bring back a trophy worthy of acceptance. Hearing of a rogue Frost Troll which had been terrorizing the Skaal village, Björn would eventually make his way back to his old home, asking for directions to where the beast was. Hiran insisted that she needed to go with him, to watch his back, and to guide him to the creature's lair. So the pair set out on a hunt, however, unknown to them, they were the ones actually being hunted. The Frost Troll, nicknamed Azag, appeared out of nowhere, and mauled Hiran, tearing into her flesh with his claws, and knocking her aside. Björn watched in horror as the woman he loved was thrown to the side like she was a stick. Anger welled up inside of him, and he drew his axe, facing the creature. The two would battle for 10 minutes before Björn got the advantage, and spinning around, cleanly decapitated the troll. Panting, he remembered Hiran, and he dropped his weapon, and rushed to her side, lifting her up gently in her arms. She reached up, and stroked his face once before exhaling her last breath. Hiran died in his arms. Picking her dead body up, he put her gently over his shoulder, and grabbed the head of the troll he had slain. Forgetting about his bloody sword in the snow, Björn carried Hiran back to the Skaal village, where she was buried, and the villagers waited for the All-maker to return her in a new form. Björn, however, left the village, not staying for the burial, and walked back to Thirsk Hall. Kicking open the door, the large man dropped the head of Azag onto the floor, and the music came to a sudden stop as everyone looked at him, then the head on the floor, then back at him. Then the warriors of the Hall let out a cheer, and the grim faced Björn joined their ranks, where he was dubbed Björn Kril-Kendov in the ancient language. Halbarn Iron-Fur noticed his lack of a weapon, and took it upon himself to help Björn craft a new one. Going with a Nordic Design, Björn carved the names of those he had lost into blade, as well as different words in the ancient language. Naming it Nonvul, which means Noble in Dragon Tongue, Björn would put the finishing touches on this new blade by enchanting it with a frost effect. He fought with the warriors of Thirsk for one year, keeping mostly to himself. However, a few months after his 24th birthday, he heard news that there had been an attempt on Ulfric's life. While Björn didn't agree with some of Ulfric's policies, he still respected the man who had unified Skyrim. Fearing the assassination was a Thalmor plot, Björn took a temporary leave of his compatriots to head back to Skyrim by catching the Northern Maiden once more. Arriving back in Windhelm, Björn began searching for a way to help.

Last edited:

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Björn is surprisingly similar to my own Skaal Nord, Gjorn... no matter, I'm sure it's a coincidence. My two qualms? The stalhrim armor is probably best replaced by Nordic Carved, as to avoid OP as you said, and the other is not so much a problem as a curiosity. 7 feet tall? That's unbelievable. Like could that even exist in a medieval world? The only 7'0" beings I know of in ES lore are the Naga of Black Marsh.

Fangorn Thorne

I´m willing to give it a shot Blitzz, Fangorn is actually based on my favorite character I ever created in Skyrim, but if you think it'll be hard to fit him into the story I'm cool with not RPing him. The thread is yours, you call the shots bro

Orien Terrik

"Arik tree'ac te kek."
    Björn is surprisingly similar to my own Skaal Nord, Gjorn... no matter, I'm sure it's a coincidence. My two qualms? The stalhrim armor is probably best replaced by Nordic Carved, as to avoid OP as you said, and the other is not so much a problem as a curiosity. 7 feet tall? That's unbelievable. Like could that even exist in a medieval world? The only 7'0" beings I know of in ES lore are the Naga of Black Marsh.

There are a few Nords that grow that tall. All comes from the stock, lol. But yes, 7'0". He is a very big dude, haha. I have another character who is 6'8", one who is 6'1", and I think 5'11". If it is really a big deal, I can make him shorter, but the point was to make him intimidating lol. And reworking the armor now. Also, I didn't even know anyone else had made a Skaal character, that's cool Blitzz.

Last edited:

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    Sorry Blitzz, I'm not sure if you're waiting on me to finish our conversation before you post again, but I'll try and finish it with you tonight.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts

There are a few Nords that grow that tall. All comes from the stock, lol. But yes, 7'0". He is a very big dude, haha. I have another character who is 6'8", one who is 6'1", and I think 5'11". If it is really a big deal, I can make him shorter, but the point was to make him intimidating lol. And reworking the armor now. Also, I didn't even know anyone else had made a Skaal character, that's cool Blitzz.
    Ummm... I have a werebear..?

Orien Terrik

"Arik tree'ac te kek."

Ummm... I have a werebear..?

Really? Haha that's actually pretty cool XD

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    I think we're like one or two posts from done, Blitzz, will you be able to post IC after that?

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    I have two more characters that fit the bill for this RP, maybe they'll cameo as NPCs at some point :')

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts