OOC [18+] Fireteam Athena (A Destiny Roleplay)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Everything changed with the arrival of the Traveler. Long ago, following its arrival in our galaxy, it breathed new life into our system. Rain washed over Mars. Fresh air cleansed the sky over Venus. Soon after, humanity raced into the black, colonizing these newly remade worlds. A new surge of technological advances led to the greatest age in human history - a true Golden Age. Technology went far beyond the wildest imagination of even the most eccentric of people. Personal space craft allowed travel between worlds at will. Hover bikes and vehicles became a common sight. Weaponry and armor, however, reached levels that many had never even dreamed possible.
    Every Golden Age, however, must come to an end. The Traveler, the mysterious being that rushed humanity millions of years into their future in the blink of an eye, had an enemy. The Darkness, another mystery in the eyes of mankind, found the Traveler sooner than humanity had thought possible. It laid waste to our colonies, slaughtering and destroying, pushing us back further and further to our home planet. From the ashes of our shattered colonies came new forms of life. The Fallen, a four-armed race of bandits and pirates. The Vex, an ancient and merciless race of alien robots. The Cabal, a well-armed race of gargantuan guerrilla soldiers. The Hive, a race of zombie-like aliens, controlled by a single hive mind.

Humanity stood no chance. We were pushed back to Earth, until the traveler released a power unlike the universe had ever seen. The Darkness was stopped dead in its tracks, and the Traveler thrust into dormancy, resting over the last city on Earth. There it remains as we struggle to discover its origin, and a way to harness its power. The Collapse, as it came to be known, left our solar system in pieces, and every day became a struggle.

In a time where humanity seemed doomed to extinction, ready to surrender their once-mighty empire to the forces of the Darkness, a glimmer of hope emerged. The Ghosts appeared, dispatched from the Traveler, tasked with finding a host of long-dead soldiers and citizens fit to wield its light as a weapon against the Darkness. The Guardians were born, bold and brave, the heroes of the dark age. They fought the Darkness wherever it could be found, fighting back the shadows. Nevertheless, without the Traveler on their side, they were simply postponing the inevitable.

Now, some think their may be hope. Scans obtained from a recent patrol on Venus located what may have been the archive of the renowned warlock known only as Osiris. Eager to follow up the lead, the Speaker has called for the assembly of a fireteam to be dispatched to Venus in order to locate the archive. Those hungry for action, honor and glory have answered the call. Fireteam Athena was formed. Its members are brave, bold, skilled. But nothing could possibly have prepared them for what was to come.

+++

In case you couldn't tell, this is indeed an RP set in the wonderful world of Destiny.With the help of EpicVakarian, I hope to tell an epic tale that all will be proud to be involved in. I'm trying not to give too much away, but the story will massively revolve around a mission to Venus that could save humanity going terribly, terribly wrong. The resulting struggle for survival will test every character, push them to their limits, and will make up the bulk of the RP.

As with every RP, standard rules apply (racism, sexism, godmodding, be respectful, post regularly etc.) but there are some very specific rules for this particular RP.

1) When choosing weapons, you have permission to take a single exotic weapon. Note, however, that in this RP the differences will be purely cosmetic. Perks still apply, for example Icebreaker regenerating ammo, but it is not any more powerful than any other sniper rifle you could choose.
    2) Weapons do not have to be strictly to the game's specification. You may make adjustments, for example adding bayonets, different sights, small trophies and whatever else your weird and wonderful minds can dream up.
    3) The same goes for armor pieces. One exotic, purely cosmetic. You may add small features and change colors etc, as you see fit in order to create a more unique identity for your Guardian.
    4) If you have any questions about anything, please feel free to ask! There's no such thing as a stupid question. Except for "what colour is the sky?" That's a stupid question.
    5) When it comes to choosing weapons and armor, know that Crota's End Raid Gear, Prison of Elders Gear, and certain exotics are not allowed, due to lore reasons. These exotics are: Thorn, Red Death, Bad Juju and Necrochasm. Vault of Glass weapons are permitted on a purely aesthetic basis - they will not hold the same power as their real game counterparts.

I'm looking to have a total of six people in this Roleplay, including myself and EpicVakarian, and it will NOT be done on a first-come first-serve basis. I will pick the most fitting candidates and those that I feel will stay committed to the RP. Chances are that there won't be much competition for places, but still, I want you to know that that's what I'll be basing my decision on.

As for a CC, this is the structure you need to follow:
    Name:
    Subclass:
    Birthplace:
    Sexuality:
    Laterality:
    Height/weight:
    Dialogue colour:

Eyes:
    Hair:
    Facial details:
    Scars:
    Build:

Positive traits:
    Negative traits:
    Fears:

Primary weapon: (Auto/Pulse/Scout Rifle, Hand Cannon)
    Special weapon: (Sniper/Fusion Rifle, Shotgun)
    Heavy weapon: (MG, Rocket Launcher)

Armor description:

Background:

Cast List:

Blitzz as ---
    EpicVakarian as ---​

Last edited:

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    Name: Rosie "Red" Ayers
    Race: Human
    Class: Warlock
    Subclass: Voidwalker
    Birthplace: The Last City, Earth
    Laterality: Right-handed
    Sexuality: Heterosexual
    Height: 5'9"
    Weight: 140lbs
    Dialogue colour: Light red

Eyes: Deep blue
    Hair: Dark red, a little longer than shoulder-length
    Details: Very pale skin
    Scars: Slight burn on left palm
    Build: Tall and thin, but not skinny
    Picture:
    gourgeouse_redhead_by_holdeer-d37hqsh.png

Positive traits: Kind, calm, patient, friendly
    Negative traits: Can sometimes be considered rude, because of her unwillingness to deal with excessive stupidity and ignorance.
    Dislikes: The Vex, the Fallen.
    Fears: The Hive.

Primary weapon: Powerful scout rifle, very accurate with a mid-low rate of fire.
    585355c0-ca2a-4253-ae92-e1ca4cc73bee.png
    Special weapon: Icebreaker; powerful incendiary sniper rifle with no ammunition input; rather, it regenerates ammunition by itself and cannot be reloaded, only recharged.
    ice_breaker_by_wabbajacked-d8hvdac.jpg
    Heavy weapon: Light machine gun with medium rate of fire, takes a long time to reload.
    MediaHandler.ashx

Armour:
    Destiny_Warlock_1_Character_Sheet.jpg

Background: Rosie was born to a medical professional mother and a Guardian father, so she rarely got to spend time with her parents. She was mostly raised by a family friend, who worked as a teacher in the school Rosie went to. This is not to say she was not loved by her parents; whenever her parents did see her, they spent every waking moment together; Rosie visited the Tower with her father, and helped out at the hospital with her mother. It didn't take long for her to decide she wanted to be a Guardian.

Her father trained her; he was a warlock himself and knew how to test for void manipulation. As it turned out, Rosie took after her father, and herself held a natural ability as a warlock. She was trained for years, whenever her father could spare even a moment. At the age of 23, she applied for a position as a Guardian. She underwent her tests and trials, and passed with flying colours. She was granted her choice of armour, at which point she acquired her current outfit. It was at this time she was given the nickname "Red", due to the combination of her fiery hair and bright red outfit.

Recently, Rosie has been assigned to Fireteam Athena, sent to Venus with five other well-known Guardians. She has prepared rigorously for the role, and simply hopes not to embarrass herself in front of her fellow fireteam members.

Last edited:

Ponder

International Man of Mystery
    Hey, so how close to the lore will the RP be? I ask only because according to the Grimoire Cards guardians are revived from the dead by ghosts, and I noticed that Epic's character was trained to be a guardian, rather than revived as one.

Although my knowledge of Destiny lore is partial, so maybe I'm missing something :p

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    Hey, so how close to the lore will the RP be? I ask only because according to the Grimoire Cards guardians are revived from the dead by ghosts, and I noticed that Epic's character was trained to be a guardian, rather than revived as one.

Although my knowledge of Destiny lore is partial, so maybe I'm missing something :p
    Destiny? Lore? Haha, you funny! :p

EpicVakarian

Are we going to be sticking to that, Blitzz? It seems a bit silly to me that all these hundreds of protectors; ALL of them are from the past. That's just me, though.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    I think, seeing as how we're some time after the collapse, it wouldn't be too far fetched for some of the Guardians to have been trained as Guardians. I mean the revived ones gotta have something to do when they get old, right? [emoji14]

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    I think they revive them because there are way more dead people than living. It isn't a matter of time more logistics. Has humanit recovered enough to willingly risk lives? Raising guardians also has the advantage of less distractions. No family likely and what not.

I am interested and wanted to know what the rule was for exotics. Edit: nevermind read more :p

EpicVakarian

My logical response to that is that if a Warlock shows up on the doorstep, the Vanguards aren't likely to say no :p

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Warlocks (and all guardians) get their powers from the light. This is from a ghost. Since I don't know if raised humans, Awoken, our Exos have any way to have children. Or if any regular person has natural light to speak of. So if this is lore friendly (since the exotic alower is in place) it creates a snarl.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Name: Caza Pesh
    Race: Awoken
    Class: Hunter
    Subclass: Gunslinger
    Birthplace: The Reef
    Sexuality: Heterosexual
    Laterality: Favors right for guns, left for knives.
    Height/weight: 5'11" 160lbs
    Dialogue color: White Please

Eyes: Orange
    Hair: Black
    Facial details: Some markings around his eyes that look like eyebrows
    Scars: None
    Build: More on the slender side.

Positive traits: Lucky, nice and personable, quick to assess the situation, good reflexes
    Negative traits: Compulsive Gambler, impulsive, can keep a straight face in any situation,
    Dislikes: The Fallen, Exos
    Fears: Being caught cheating, being forced to abandon his entire known life again, The Hive and the Vex

Primary weapon: The Last Word (Hand Cannon)
    the-last-word-exotic-review.png

Special weapon: Subtle Nudge DN7 (Sniper Rifle)
    5291010b-effc-4224-9ba4-9f4372e1609a.png

Heavy weapon: Big Rig XXL (Rocket Launcher)
    BigRigXXL.png

Armor description:
    Caza%20Pesh_zpsh0jjfert.jpg

Background: Once a servant of the Queen in the Reef, was forced to leave his comfortable position due to a "misunderstanding." With his rather large debts, he took off towards earth a sort of last place for an outlaw to hide himself without to much scrutiny. Having the unfortunate luck of crashing in a forgotten wasteland (Germany) He began his trek towards the Cosmodrone. Having to fight fallen along the way, or sneak past the higher ranking ones. He was almost within the Traveler's light when he was captured by a fallen Captain and killed.

Eventually found by a ghost, Pesh reinvented himself as he fought for the Traveler as a Guardian. Gaining his fame in the Crucible, before heading out into the Solar System, eventually gaining his new Hand Cannon and Rocket Launcher. In which case he kept himself busy, gambling with his life more than his money. Not realizing he traded one addiction for another Caza thought he was a reformed man, but he took to making bets on his Crucible performance.

His performance speaks for itself, and he was assigned to Fireteam Athena, the first time they specifically assigned him a team. He is interested to see why, and wonders if anyone else on the team is a betting guardian.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts