• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    Mostly older stuff, though the Angelics might have something more modern.

Staff member
    I'm not going to be able to respond for a few hours.

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    GENERAL

Name: Katelyn "Kat" Danaher
    Race: Half-caste human/elf
    Laterality: Right-handed
    Sexuality: Heterosexual
    Religion: Atheist
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 130lbs
    Dialogue colour: this blue, if it is available

APPEARANCE

Hair: Mid-long, very light blonde, partly braided
    Eyes: Hazel/brown
    Face: Thin, slightly angular, with more pronounced bone structure, pale and freckled.
    Build: Short and thin, very agile and elegant but not particularly strong
    Tattoos/Paint: Faded blue, elegant, curling paint, wrapped around her left forearm
    Scars: Missing her left little finger, due to an illness contracted at an early age
    Character Image:
    decoris_da_by_unam_et_solum-d7a9hzg.jpg

[credit to unam et solum @ deviantart.com]​

PERSONALITY

Positive Traits: Intelligent, quick-thinking, tries to resolve conflict without bloodshed where possible, very determined and strong-willed.
    Negative Traits: Can be too emotional, honour-bound by duty and oaths, tends to have a very romanticised view of events. Her urge to help people often ends up with her causing more damage than she repairs.
    Dislikes: Unkind, selfish people, racism, sexism, arrogance.
    Fears: Has a slight fear of Draconics and Demonics, but is mainly afraid of getting lost (unlikely due to her sense of direction), and anything with more than four legs.
    Habits: Un-braiding and re-braiding her hair, rubbing her forearms.
    Hobbies: Exploring.

EQUIPMENT

Clothing: Black leather outfit, with pale blue accents, and a black linen scarf.
    Weapons: A small steel dagger, fastened to her belt.

BACKSTORY

Childhood: Katelyn was raised in a fairly well-off family, born to an elf mother and a human father. Her father died in an outbreak when Katelyn was eight, and she caught the illness as she saw her father on his deathbed. Luckily, the doctors caught it early, and merely had to remove the finger it was fast infecting. In her grief for her father, she started spending extended periods of time away from home, leaving in the early morning and not returning until late the same night.

Early Teens: Katelyn built up an excellent sense of direction from her daily adventures, building up maps in her head. She learned how the other half lived, how they scrounged endlessly for their next meal, and felt horrible for them, so decided to help them out however she could. Every day, she took a small pouch of coin with her to spread among the beggars and the poor, to help them buy a meal. Then she sat and ate with them, getting to know each of them and becoming good friends with many.

Late Teens: As she got older, Katelyn decided she didn't want to just know her way around every street in Caesceum; she wanted to explore the world below. She began to visit the libraries around the city in her spare time, burying herself in tomes hundreds of years old, books on the history of their world, on the gods that had once ruled it, on how little of its surface had been explored. This only furthered her desire to visit the ground and become a famed explorer.

Adulthood: Katelyn's mother was all for marrying her off to a wealthy suitor, to further their bloodline, but Katelyn would have none of it. Despite endless urges that an explorer was not an appropriately feminine path to take through life, Katelyn remained patient and determined for an opportunity to prove herself and make her name known.

Staff member
    One detail about half castes that I should have made more clear is that the examples I gave were mainly for my main four unique races, while on my hurry during school I left it up in the air about the others. Human/elf would be able to mix like normal, it's only when you get Angelics or Draconics or Demonics or Shadoxen involved that it starts to get wonky.

EpicVakarian

Okay, I've started working on my intro. Should Katelyn meet Jack in the infirmary or somewhere else?

EpicVakarian

Also, @Toxius , if you're still here, do you think Kat and Eos could share the role of explorer/mapmaker? Been looking over the CCs submitted so far to get a sense of them all, and noticed Kat's quite similar to your own character in her love of exploration.

Staff member
    Epic, when I get home we can start a conversation to start planning the following events. Might just include everyone so we can get some proper coordination, but atm I think expecting to catch everyone at once is a pipe dream

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    Yes, sorry. I do plan to post, but I've just been sick (sleeping all day, and still feeling exhausted ,when I'm not at school) recently and school has been chaos with all these deadlines.
    Epic, also Kat and Eos can share something their storylines and the background could be connected and i'm glad you've also posted in the IC, that gives me some motivation as to post here before doing any other work.

Does she have any experience on the ground besides indulging on tomes and maps? She could also recognize my name on a few of those maps and want to learn more from Eos, sort of a apprentice type of thing. I mean, if you're up for it? Or maybe there could be something else too.

Staff member
    A myriad of reasons. A lot of them genuinely wanted to help, a lot of them were opposed, and all that in between. It was not a decision that was reached unanimously, and there are still many who oppose it. Overall, it's exactly as you said.

They don't care what happens to the other races, but they can be useful so they are tolerated (able to remain relatively unnoticed). I don't want to spoil too much but basically things have reached their boiling point. One way or another, the supply shortage and all that will be solved. However, that solution could be very... bloody depending on our choices.

They don't have a large enough population themselves to send down the weaker ones among them, as another factor. Not to mention their strongest characteristic- magic- can draw a lot of attention if too much is used at a time. Even worse, the highly adaptive inhabitants of the surface can adapt to magic a lot faster than they can a sword.

EpicVakarian

Absolutely, Kat would have been stuck on Caesceum all her life so she would really just be raring to go wherever. So Kat would hear Eos' name and immediately be asking a whole bunch of questions, maybe the apprentice scenario you mentioned.

Staff member
    Skies, that was awesome! You captured it perfectly.

Staff member
    So, shall we do a PM for coordinating and getting some things straight with our intros or would you guys rather just hash it out in here?

EpicVakarian

Doesn't really matter honestly, but I'll be off to bed in the next couple of minutes so don't rely on me replying for a while.

Staff member
    Kay. Well I'm probably going to give your character the biggest scare moment, as a heads up :p

EpicVakarian

Okay, well she's quick and nimble :p She'll just go "nopenopenope" and zoom off like Looney Tunes.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    woah wait, I got a post going around...
    you could still scare her though.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts