• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    One more quesiton, how exactly do you go from the flying city and on the planet and vice versa? Is there a magical train ride that only the cool kids know of?

In addition to being able to fly if you are a race capable of flight, there are a few flying transports (mostly larger tamed winged creatures) as well as being fired from a giant cannon :D

Staff member
    And a few more, of course. We have plenty of options.

Staff member
    And Skies, for your RP it is mostly just flavor text for the eyes and eventual less dramatic death, unless you would like to include aspects of it.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    Well, when you put it as not known to be contagious, means it has to have been artificially created or something.
    At least it has to be that way to even exist, or it would just basically die off as a virus or bacteria or maybe it's a parasite(most likely).

Staff member
    Well, when you put it as not known to be contagious, means it has to have been artificially created or something.
    At least it has to be that way to even exist, or it would just basically die off as a virus or bacteria or maybe it's a parasite(most likely).
    you'll find out :p

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    In theory, if we evolved on this planet too with the diseases, even if they are stronger, we should also have a stronger immune system.
    Basic evolution.
    Unless their flying fortress is kept pristine clean at all times so people rarely get sick.
    Then I can just see, somebody sniffles, everybody glances over, hands on their swords, and then some angelic whisks you away, never to been seen again unless it isn't on plague level then you might be seen again. Or they dump you on the surface.

Staff member
    In theory, if we evolved on this planet too with the diseases, even if they are stronger, we should also have a stronger immune system.
    Basic evolution.
    Unless their flying fortress is kept pristine clean at all times so people rarely get sick.
    Then I can just see, somebody sniffles, everybody glances over, hands on their swords, and then some angelic whisks you away, never to been seen again unless it isn't on plague level then you might be seen again. Or they dump you on the surface.
    Regarding the first part, kind of. The problem with afflictions here is that they go absolutely crazy. It is hard to place most before it is too late because the symptoms can be rather random, and bacteria and such in general evolve EXPONENTIALLY more rapidly than normal. While people may get sick at an expected rate, the problem is that once someone is sick, the chances of them recovering is abysmal at best. Not to mention the afflictions are sometimes scaled in power to be enabled to affect the stronger creatures on the planet, and as such a weaker creature would stand little chance.

So while the chances of catching something might be relatively normal, it's the chances of recovery that are hit.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    So one minute it's Ebola, then the next it's Super Ebola/Marburg fusion that ravages everything it comes into contact with.
    What next, Rot-Loj-i becomes airborne (That would just be, instantaneous death for everything)?
    That would also make vaccines utterly useless, if strains change by the minute, even by the day.

I would love to have a slow working but surely fatal disease or say, diseases or parasites that work in your favor. Like say there's a parasite that attaches itself inside of your body, and it feeds off your magical essence but at the same time it secretes these hormones that improve your other aspects, like sight, strength, agility and so on. Or it could be the other way around, feeding off you physically but gives you great magical abilities (This would reduce your life span). It would also be nice to have Risk/reward situations. Where at certain times in the Rp that you create a event, a player could accept or not accept this, and according to what they did would either make it react negatively or positively later in the rp (just a thought).

Maybe for example, say a human can drink the blood of the four major races to temporary take on the aspects of that race. Makes them stronger, gives them all or some of the abilities of that race.
    But now, say it's extremely hard to get the blood of the races, and it probably can be considered a crime if they murder to get the blood, but if races maybe donate the blood it's fine (you would have to provide a service for them). Now say, the blood also happens to be quite addictive, and it takes more blood each time to be able to gain the powers of that race, and without the blood you go into an extreme withdrawal and depending on the amount of the blood you have taken would either kill or weaken you until the time it is completely out of your system.

Staff member
    I will give you no information on Rot-Loj-i other than what has already been provided and maybe a few addition details.

And there are diseases and such that work like the Ebola example, yes, but there are also plenty that are slow creepers. Rot-Loj-i is a slow creeper, for example. As a matter of fact, MOST afflictions are slow creepers. It's just they're extremely hard to diagnose, extremely difficult to cure, and most of the time your immune system can't get rid of them naturally. Thus, they continue to weaken your immune system until... well, you get the idea.

And yes, there are some that are beneficial, those this would mostly under bacteria/bugs/parasites/symbiotes and such.

I plan to have lots of events like that.

No, you can only do that if you are a vampire or something similar. That characteristic of gaining power from blood is not normal and very rare.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Makes sense. For symbiotic relationships.

Remember viruses and bateria aren't evolving to kill their hosts (at least in the real world). Magic/scientific bio weapons may, but natural ones will want to not kill their host cause then they die.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    But it's magical blood from the most powerful races, or the blood could be used in potions for those effects.

Staff member
    But it's magical blood from the most powerful races, or the blood could be used in potions for those effects.
    MAYBE in alchemy or in spells and such. But just drinking it straight up while just being relatively normal? No. Vampires and the like, however, are another story

Staff member
    I think we may have reached the limit of interest as of now. Now that I have more time, I will work on getting the IC started. It still might be a little early, lots of information that still probably needs to be established, but most of it can also be established IC so... we'll see how it goes.

Staff member
    Sorry I've been so slow lately. Going to try to get it together today.

Staff member
    Need people to pick colors. I got this one

Staff member
    I am heavily contemplating scrapping the extended day/night cycle to ground this more in reality so it doesn't feel so much like a sci-fi type affair (it's not supposed to be). This isn't supposed to be space and aliens, and a normal cycle of time would be more relatable. Thoughts?

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Sounds like six one way half a dozen another. If you don't care to actually explain and define your world as your own then change it.

Staff member
    The reason for the longer day/night cycle is because that the planet is much larger than our Earth, and as such to reach the same day/night cycle would have to rotate very quickly. This would, if you do some reading, make it far too susceptible to the star's radiation and it would be scorching hot; unable to support life.

I'm just trying to steer away the misconception that this is a space age adventure, when I don't want to go anywhere near that for a LONG, LONG time. Also the thought of the impact it would have on age is also rather strange to contemplate. Maybe having age measured in seasons rather than years or something so that they come out about the same?

Staff member
    Kay. I can do that. My intro is coming

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts