• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    General

Name: Acquelliel

Race: Angelic

Alias: The Golden Eagle, The Exiled Prince

Class: Battle Mage

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Hometown: Caesceum

Apparent Age: Appears as a young man, about late twenties at most

Factions: Knights of the Eternal Flight

Laterality: Ambidextrous

Sexuality: Bisexual

Marital Status: Single

Appearance

Height: 5’10”

Weight: 145 lbs.

Eye Color: Gold

Hair: Platinum blond

Scars: Has runes carved into his body for protection and to help his magic channeling

Facial Markings: Two blood red lines that go from the sides of his eyes (by the start of his nose) that go out diagonally to his cheeks.

Armor: Golden armor especially crafted for him that even cover the bone parts of his wings. While lighter that most others equivalent armor, it still makes it hard for him to fly well. On the armor are various magical and technological mechanisms that help protect and amplify Acquelliel, easily marked by their blue glow. Under the armor, and occasionally hanging out of the plates around the neck and waist is a special mesh cloth of royal blue.

Description: Dark bronze skin that contrasts with his eyes, hair and markings. He is very slender as most angelics are to be. Possesses large cream colored wings that he can fly for short distances with.

Personality

Description: When dealing with his superiors he is quiet and polite, speaking in soft tones and never raising his voice. When dealing with those beneath him in standing or other races he is often loud and distasteful. Beaming with pride and a general narcissism, he is very abrasive when it comes to anything that is not of the utmost importance. Though he is known to bite his tongue he will make his disdain known if pressured or bothered.

Fighting Style

Weapons: Magic- Acquelliel though trained to fight with various weapons, prefers to just use his magical power. As an angel he relies on his enchantments he created to help keep his effort to a minimum. His magical focus is light based magic as well as some affinity for electricity.

Favored Technique: Flight of the Valkaries- Charging up his wings feathers with his magical power, Aquelliel can use this to speed up his flight, even without flapping his wings. In theory at higher levels he can use his wings like large scythes or even shoot out a storm of magical fetchettes from his feathers.

Description: Acquelliel prefers to stand back and blast enemies with magic. Though he can get into the fray he prefers to stay back (preferably from the high ground) and shoot at his foes. As he is still quite young, in maturity and power, he cannot keep up a full offensive for long. He usually tries to balance out his offensive and defensive focus unless he is completely safe and can blast foes with impunity.

Biography

(Not really important)
    Though not royalty he has the arrogance and disdain of one of a royal persuasion.
    Is in Exile.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    I got thinking about magic, and its abilities relating to sub-species that could form from the Angelics.
    Assuming that magic is freely able to be used in a specific purpose, be it spirit, arcane, elemental and so forth.
    So, as we know, mostly angelics aren't really built for physical work, but what if they used purely focused their magic into physical strength of their body. They would clearly achieve physical perfection at all level.
    In all simple terms, magic that is used as steroids.
    Surely it is something to think about, it would also go nicely with your "rare" sub-species, of some of them being completely out of place with the majority.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    Already have that covered. That method of enhancing physical prowess in particular is rarely utilized, however, because it's extremely dangerous (more so than normal magic). It's the type of magic that only someone with a great deal of power and experience would be able to even think of attempting without killing themselves (in a big spectacular explosion).

There are less dangerous ways to achieve similar results. Like the difference between using the whirlwind sprint shout in Skyrim to run really fast and pumping that magic into your body to permanently enhance yourself phsyically. That has it's own set of complexities and drawbacks, however.

The main thing is that not only is this magic difficult to master, but it also means you're focusing less on other forms of magic. Many Angelics would rather pump the magic into their technology, which is far less dangerous, and augment themselves that way through enchantments. This too, has drawbacks, but is not only far safer, but also far more efficient. It is, however, FAR more costly and expensive, just to name a few things.

Staff member
    A HUGE thing to note is that magic is channeled from the body, meaning that it's not like Skyrim where you can simply shout from your mouth and your helmet be fine. It takes additional energy to channel it through something, like armor. Naturally there are intricacies to that too, such as the material and whether or not there are any openings in it (such as a hole on the palm) to channel the magic through.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    Well, I would for one see that the more you use the magic with a specific set of armour, say it becomes enchanted with the magic that you use or you can enchant it with your magic. Which makes it easier to channel the magic through it, and it gets to a point where it could be enhanced.
    But now, say you remove that armour, you are getting rid of some of your magic that you enchanted and depending on the amount of magic that you enchanted inside of it that could make you deathly sick to the point that you need it in order to live or it could just give you a headache being without that piece of enchanted armour or clothing.

This can also be how the angelics put it into their technology, and the higher up angelics could have some piece of extremely advanced technology that makes it so they don't suffer from these side effects.

Staff member
    Great idea. I'd already considered that exhausting one's magic too much would lead to their death, but if I read your post correctly, they channel their magic into their gear to the point where the gear becomes a permanent part of their magic capacity, and removing it also would permanently remove that pool of magic from them, causing the extremely adverse effects of magical exhaustion?

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    Yes. I think the benefits of it would be that it makes their magic pool easier to access and to manipulate. Removing the armour, surely would either be death or they could as you said suffer from magical exhaustion and lose their magical powers. That probably would be on how they focused their magic.

Edit: Or, they could also channel their magic into a object, like a staff or a book in order to gain more strength and power but then they need that object in order to be able to use that magic.

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
    Looking good so far, good luck! :)

Staff member
    Am I to take that as a , "You have fun with your thing while I don't join"? :p

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    Also, is every species born with the power of magic, and it is usually up to the person to find a way to use it? If they ever do.
    Like it could stay innate while they focus on their so called physical well being.
    Which would mean that these innate's could go to an Angelic and pay them to capture some of it into a sword so they can use some form of basic spells that usually help but aren't really powerful. This would mean they can't ever unlock this magically power, even if they always had the ability to.
    People tend to go for convenience rather than take the long hard road.

Staff member
    Magical power of some form or another permeates even the air on this planet, so most beings have at least a small degree of it in them. Hence why, aside from being the protagonists, humans and such will be able to continue to advance in power with others who choose to be one of my custom races, and part of the reason why the world is so God dang dangerous.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    Thanks for the rep. I just love getting fully immersed in something, my mind always needs to be kept busy.
    I doubt there has been any recent conflicts between the four major races (due to monsters being able to smell power and all that), and I'm sure you're going to keep a great deal of sub-plots in with the big picture to really make it feel like the RP is happening as we speak.

Dabiene Caristiana

Yeah, gotta sit this one out. Just too much content to handle. I also have studying to do for my written drivers test. As well as other RP's I need to stay on. Just can't handle it all lol

Staff member
    The wild Demonics and Draconics actually clash quite frequently, though it's nothing large scale.

And I will be doing my best! :D

Staff member

Yeah, gotta sit this one out. Just too much content to handle. I also have studying to do for my written drivers test. As well as other RP's I need to stay on. Just can't handle it all lol
    Well have fun... Veakling :p

Dabiene Caristiana

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    Knowing, you've probably got everything covered already. Are there a list of fatal, notable, diseases and illnesses native to the planet?

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    One more quesiton, how exactly do you go from the flying city and on the planet and vice versa? Is there a magical train ride that only the cool kids know of?

Staff member
    Simple, really.

Real life diseases and illnesses, in addition to anything you could find on a D&D or Pathfinder wiki, in addition to whatever could be thought up and put it in at the behest of imagination. I didn't really focus a whole lot on this area, seeing how there were already plenty in existence that I could modify the severity of or mix and match the aspects of.

There is one unique sickness which I have come up with, and it is the most powerful and most deadly affliction on the planet. Rot-Loj-i. This is one of the few afflictions powerful enough to affect a fully matured Draconic (pretty much one of the most hardy and durable creatures on the planet) and kill them. It roughly means "Fire Rot", and it's main symptoms are dramatic increases in body temperature and excruciating pain throughout the entire body. A physical sign of the affliction is a fiery ring will begin to appear around the very edges of the whites of the eyes, and slowly begun to close in on the pupil as the affliction progresses. The closing in of this ring signifies the symptoms above, increasing in severity, as well as an ever increasing violence and madness. It attacks the body in its entirety, mind, body, and magic. By the time the disease reaches its final stages, the afflicted creature will become a completely mindless killing machine, their body temperature off the scale, in constant agony, seeing hallucinations in the forms of worst nightmares, and adrenaline glands and such working overtime. Most creature's bodies give out long before this stage, but if they made it this far they won't have long left. They will be faster, stronger, more merciless, and more violent than ever before, along with nigh immunity to pain. Their body will only be able to survive the stress for around an hour, but it will be the longest hour of their lives, and they will quite literally attack anything everything. It is unknown how this affliction came to be or how it is caught or spread, and it is extremely rare. It's not known to be contagious.

The normal ones and the ones from the wiki are generally much, much worse than they would be elsewhere. Generally even a minor sickness is deadly. If someone is sick with a severe enough disease of
    illness that is contagious, the Angelics have few qualms with exterminating them to prevent its spread. However, that would only be for something they determined to be plague level, and was actually powerful enough to spread to them as well.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts