OOC 18+ Demons in the Dark

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Thesius

The Imperial Paladin
    Every place has dark secrets. Some, are darker than others. Such is the case in this story. In the fiefdom of Anticlere, in the Breton homeland of Highrock, there once existed a noble house, of the name of Gravus. They dwelt in a grand castle, on top of a large cliff, overlooking a small hamlet. In the old days, the village was plagued by necromancers and other foul creatures. The house Gravus responded with a force of knights and men at arms, the lords of the castle leading many assaults themselves. For centuries, the battles continued, and house Gravus continued these wars against evil, even as the rest of the Breton people fought their petty wars of succession and conquest.

The royal house lost many of its' people, and gained itself the enmity of dozens of necromancers, liches, and other foul creatures. For every noble warrior that fell in battle, the enemy gained a mindless minion. Eventually, their foes took the upper hand, pressing the noble house again and again- to the point of breaking. However, their end came not from without, but from within. One of the Gravus sons, fascinated with the occult, and necromantic arts, became ensnared. A night of summoning, terror, and bloodshed took place, and come the dawn, house Gravus was no more.

The village below endured though, with necromancers and cultists using the peasant population for their dark rituals. The castle on the cliff became known among the commoners as Château de désespoir. As the decades passed the village and its castle became largely forgotten, and a forest sprang up around the castle and village. This is no normal forest, however, but a blighted place, filled with darkness, and foul, mutated beings, that prey on foolish hunters or merchants. The village has become a place under siege, with palisades and high wooden walls. The castle above became a cursed place, where screams of agony and mad cackling can be heard on moonless nights.

Shortly after the end of the civil war, a Breton lord, naming himself as the lost descendant of the Gravus family appeared. He waits in the city of Crossmore, south of the village, and has sent out an announcement: Any who help him reclaim his ancient home and purge the surrounding lands of evil will be rich beyond their dreams.

This is a grand opportunity for the brave, foolish, greedy,and desperate. However, there is no guarantee these mercenaries, adventurers, and 'heroes' will be able to overcome what lurks in the woods, and the villagers have become less and less trusting of outsiders, due to their years of bitter strife.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Hey guys, it's been a while. But, since I'm back, I thought I'd bring Demons in the Dark back with me. I should mention, this RP is highly influenced by the game Darkest Dungeon. I'll try to reflect that as we go on.

Rules-

1- No godmodding. That means no super powered weapons, spells or armours. Anything that can do massive amounts of damage, or stop basically all damage counts as godmodding. Won't be tolerated.

2- I'd prefer experienced writers only please. This won't be something for beginners.

3- Be active. I'd like to see a post at least once every two weeks, at least.

4- Grammar and spelling. I think this is very important. It makes your posts look better, and easier to read.

5- Expect mature themes. Cursing,gore, sex, etc. This is an 18+ RP after all.

6- Character wise. You can have as many as you like so long as you can control them properly. NPCs' are acceptable.

==========================

Character Template. Please follow it.

Name:

Race:

Age and Date of Birth:

Sexual Preference:

Class:

Weapons:

Armour:

Combat Preference
    2-3 line minimum.(How does your character prefer to fight? Are they a sneaky type, or do they prefer direct confrontation? Staying back and healing their allies, or blasting them with magical powers?):

Character Appearance 1 paragraph minimum. (What does your character look like? Height, scars, tattoos, eye,hair, skin colours, how muscular are they, and anything else you might feel needs to be added.):

Personality
    1 paragraph minimum. (Is your character cruel or kind? Brave or cowardly? More likely to obey and uphold the law, or disregard it completely?):

Dislikes:

Quirks
    ( habit(s) that are unique to your character.Can be positive or negative. Preferably one of each.) :

Fears
    Include at least one. :

Phobias:
    (Optional.)(Phobias are NOT the same things as fears. Fear is what someone feels in the moment, and they may pass when the situation is resolved. Phobias are deep routed, often caused by a traumatic-negative experience, and can, in severe cases cause physical impairment):

History :

Dialogue color:

Thesius

The Imperial Paladin
    As a side note, I'm going to reserve four colours straight away.

This for Gavin Feller
    This for Tollis Thraen
    This for Jonathan Gravus
    and this for any NPCs- the last one will be used by everyone when using an NPC.

Last edited:

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    OMG I remember this RP. I remember loving the idea. I may be interested in applying if that would be alright! I found a cashe of my character cards recently and I think I have one I might revamp that could be perfect :D

Last edited:

Drahkma

Dashing Imperial Officer.
    Hey Thesius, nice to see you back. I'll have a cc up soon.

haafingar hell

This looks absolutely fascinating. Do I just paste my profile here when it's ready in your format? I'm new to these forums, but I've over ten years of role play experience.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Thesius, may I shoot an idea? You say you want experienced writers, so maybe we include a sample of writing with our cc's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haafingar hell

I hope this is okay! And I would be glad to provide a sample if you decide you'd like to require it!

Name: Cyredalf Silinal
    Race: Altmer
    Age and Date of Birth: 89 (as of 17th Last Seed, 4E 201; born 16th of Last Seed, 4E 112)
    Sexual Preference: Bisexual
    Class: Rogue
    Weapons: He is able to use every class of weapon (one handed, two handed, destruction magic, archery, bare-handed) with at least some confidence (two handed being his weakest and archery his strongest). However, his preferences are one-handed and archery. His favorite weapons are his crossbow (possessing a flame enchantment), a bound sword, and an elven dagger (with a frost enchantment) paired with a glass dagger (enchanted with absorb health). These last two are sometimes dual wielded, but only for active melee combat.

He also frequently soul traps enemies and uses atronachs (usually flame or storm) to assist in melee combat.

Armour: He wears a set of enchanted Dawnguard light armor (fortify sneak on boots, fortify lockpick on his gauntlets, fortify archery on helmet, and fortify healing rate on the armor itself). He also wears a gold ring of fortify conjuration and an Amulet of Akatosh. If there’s any issue with the Dawnguard armor, he can also wear a set of leather armor with the same enchantments.

Combat Preference 2-3 line minimum:
    He’s definitely a sneak attack kind of guy. He’s very experienced in sneak, and he has a glaring preference for shooting his enemies at a distance with a bow or crossbow. However, he’s no stranger to a good backstab. Provided he minds himself and has a little bit of luck on his side, he can eliminate a small room of bandits quietly without tipping any of them off. For his melee combat, he usually conjures a bound sword but is no stranger to dual wielding daggers.

Character Appearance 1 paragraph minimum:
    As one would expect of a high elf, Cyredalf is very tall and rather lanky in build, coming in at roughly 6’6” and 198 lbs. However, he is a bit heavier and more sturdily built than most other Altmer, being more physical than the stereotypical one and engaging in more physical combat. His muscles are best described as wiry, though, as he seems to be physically stronger than he looks. However, between his practice in stealth-based combat and his preference for light armor, he would have difficulty holding up in the role of a warrior. He’s built for stealth and strategy, not brute strength.

Again, in a rather expected turn, he is fair-skinned and golden. He has narrowed, amber eyes and a head of blond hair barely lighter than his soft golden skin tone. His hair is pulled into the stereotypical elven ponytail, his cheekbones are extremely high, and his face a little on the more masculine side for an elf. By human standards and by instinct, he would probably appear to be in his mid-twenties. Here's a screenshot from my save file of him on the character customization screen!
    tumblr_oke8whZc4B1td9vw2o1_500.png

Personality 1 paragraph minimum:

INTJ / Lawful Evil / Melancholic / Slytherin / Thunderbird

Cyredalf is a rather complicated individual. He is introverted and cynical, arrogant and selfish, ambitious and ruthless. But at the same time, he can be charming and courteous, friendly and curious, and morally sound in the most unusual of ways.

First and foremost, he makes his living making raids and selling stolen goods as an independent agent. He rarely if ever invites others in on raids with him, feeling as if he’s being held back by any partners or followers. This, however, also feeds into an innate fear that he has of his plans going wrong. One of the largest reasons that he has not joined the Thieves’ Guild properly and refers to remain simply as an independent asset is his fear of surrendering control. If he works in a group, he often feels as if he needs to be in command. However, he also believes that if you want something done right, you usually have to do it yourself, and this shows with the way he approaches missions and adventures. So while he is sneaky and fast, easily able to dispatch a room full of bandits without being detected, his ability to work in a team is not at all good. Due to his excessive need for rigidity and control, he would likely be diagnosed with obsessive-compulsive personality disorder in the modern world.

While his approach to work rarely changes, his approach when socializing can span a very wide scale. He initially appears as a quiet and thoughtful individual, someone nondescript and none too memorable. However, he can be engaged in intellectual discussion with extreme ease. He loves conversing with other educated individuals, and this garners a sense of enjoyment that is rarely seen in him otherwise. However, unlocking this with him also may or may not feed his arrogance. He considers himself very learned, after all, and if the two of you stumble into a subject that he has a very vast knowledge about, you will have to deal with his arrogance. He mostly turns on charm with shopkeeps and inkeepers, and is known to drop it to sheer intimidation in the drop of a hat. He switches ‘codes’ quickly and often mid-sentence, making him appear a bit unstable. He will also engage you for information if you have something he wants to learn, treating you with respect if he appreciates the time you dedicated to him or if he considers you a fair equal. The latter is very difficult to achieve. He is certainly a person that is is very easy to find dozens of different first impressions for from different individuals.

Quite frankly if he thinks he could get out of jail time by turning in someone whose crimes he knows about or someone else who was involved in his operations, he will. He looks out for number one and number one alone, and this doesn’t look to be changing any time soon. Despite this lack of a sense of loyalty and trust, though, he still has a handful of things that are against his ‘code’. These things include but are not limited to the wood elven Green Pact, vampirism, and Daedra worship. However, he has no problems with theft and murder, ‘useful necromancy’, and making a business deal with a Daedric Prince.

-A challenge
    -Gardening
    -Playing the flute
    -Singing

Dislikes:
    -Boredom
    -Drunken brawls (he’s not too good at barehanded combat)
    -Slaughterfish
    -Vampires

Quirks: He feels he has to use his soul gems and arrows in a certain order (particularly by size and damage inflicted). It bugs him if he doesn’t, and while this is minor and doesn’t have a large impact it can certainly be an inconvenience in battle. It is also suspected that he may have obsessive-compulsive disorder on top of OCPD, and he has several small rituals he feels compelled to perform.

You wonder how he’s so good at sneaking when he’s always humming a tune.

Fears: He’s got a pretty prominent fear of becoming a vampire. He’s not horribly squeamish at all, but a great source of anxiety for him is the idea of being caught for crimes and going to jail. Especially in Skyrim or any other majority human province.

Phobias: Though reasons are unclear, he seems to have a crippling fear of slaughterfish.

History :

He was born in the Summerset Isles to a Thalmor Justiciar mother and a healer father. From a young age, he was told by his mother that he was to become an agent one day, and he was fine with that for the longest time. Into his twenties and thirties, he trained with the Thalmor in trades such as using light armor and bound weapons, as well as immersing himself in the arcane arts. His upbringing was very much what was expected for a young, physically capable high elf with a sharp mind and an observant nature. He was a model soldier with a model family from an outsider’s perspective, but looking into his household would lend a different picture. His father disagreed with pushing him right into the Thalmor, believing he should have had more time to explore the other options that Alinor provided. What if he just wanted to study magic, or pursue some other practice? This caused a lot of tension in his household, which continued until he moved to live on his own when he was in his thirties.

He spent much of his time when not serving with the Thalmor between this time and the Great War picking up some skills of petty thievery and less than ethical monetary gains. He ended up running a small scale crime ring by the time he was due to leave the province in order to march on Cyrodiil, which was about to crumble when he disappeared amongst the other soldiers and left his underlings to take the brunt of the punishment.

During the sacking of the Imperial City, he faked his own death and was able to make a new life for himself in Skyrim. He lives in Solitude, where he’s known as a friendly local intellectual and a somewhat wealthy socialite. However, next to nobody who is currently alive is aware of how he makes much of his money (because he doesn’t generate that much as a bookkeeper).

Dialogue color:
    I hope this color is okay!

EDIT: He is sometimes known as the Blue Hood of Solitude. Nobody knows this is him, but the Blue Hood is a thief often dressed like a mage or wanderer, donning a blue hood, that has been known for the last few decades to do some revenge stealing for clients and simply stealing expensive trinkets because he can. He isn't really to be feared unless you have something worth stealing, and the poorer majority is skeptical to his existence.

Last edited:

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Nice to see you've returned, Thesius. I remember this having a lot of potential.

Character Name: Aiden Kassius

Race: Imperial

Marital Status: Single

Sexual Preference:
    Heterosexual

Class and Combat Preference: Spellsword. Being a witch hunter, Aiden is skilled with both the blade and the arcane. Though he prefers to close the distance quickly, as most of his spells are focused on defence, rather than offence. Once within reach, Kassius makes short work of his foe with a series of slashes and stabs. Though this attack may look random and careless, each blow is carefully calculated. Few Lycans, vampires and witches can stand up to the man in single combat.

Character Appearance: Aiden is well muscled, though not quite as large as the Nordic warriors that are prevalent throughout Skyrim. As he relies more on speed, rather than the endurance required to wear heavy armours, and heft greatswords and warhammers. He has fairly short, black hair, and icy blue eyes. His facial hair is usually neatly trimmed, though it's not unknown for him to let it grow out slightly, should he be in the field for long periods of time.

Armour wise, Kassius wears the garb of a witch hunter of Arkay. The armour is somewhat reminiscent of the armour worn by the Dawnguard, though slightly less conspicuous. The armour compliments his fighting style nicely, as it allows flexibility and speed, but also provides enough protection from the occasional slashing blow. A wide brimmed hat completes the outfit, though it offers no real protection from attacks. The colouration is a neutral brown, with a black pauldron on the left shoulder. Inscribed into the steel pauldron is the following: Suffer not the heretic to live. The foes of the righteous shall be condemned.

As for weaponry, the witch hunter carries a silver sword, anathema to lycanthropes and undead alike. He also carries an assortment of scrolls and holy waters in the satchel at his side. For the more desperate fights, he has a steel dagger, usually concealed beneath his coat. As per his training, he can cast some novice and adept level spells, usually focused around warding and healing, though a few in his repertoire are focused on injuring and banishing the undead.

Character Image: See thumbnail.

Personality: If one word were to be used to describe Aiden Kassius, it would be 'uncompromising.' Of course, this is not unusual for witch hunters, as their duties often show them the worst the world has to offer. Kassius, like his brethren, took a holy vow to guard the world of mortals from the evils that lurk in the dark. Though, some say he performs his duties with a little too much enthusiasm.

He is not afraid to bully, coerce, or even torture his fellow mortals to get what information he needs. There is no doubt in his mind that evil needs to be destroyed. Any that protect that evil will meet a similar fate. Mercy, after all, is a weakness, one that Aiden crushed and cast aside long ago.

Likes: Solitude, completing a task, seeing enemies of Arkay vanquished.

Dislikes: Undead, less than devout individuals, overly merciful individuals.

Quirks ( habit(s) that are unique to your character.Can be positive or negative. Preferably one of each.) : Thinks out loud, though he usually keeps his voice to a low mutter.

Fears: Aiden fears, more than anything, the triumph of evil. Of course, becaus of his work, he is willing to do anything to stop this. He hides this fear behind a cold persona.

History: Though a formidable and brutal witch hunter today, Aiden was not always the grim hunter of darkness. For most of his life, Kassius lived on a farm in Falkreath hold, making his living, alongside his family, under the dark, gloomy skies of that hold. For the most part, the civil war left his village alone. This, of course, was before the vampires descended from the fortress of the Bloodlet Throne. On a trip to Falkreath, carrying crops to trade at market, Aiden came across a village, razed to the ground by the vampires.

Though horrified, he continued on to Falkreath, trusting in the hold jarl to commit soldiers to destroy the vampire menace. Great was his surprise, and disgust, when he learned the jarl, Sidgeir of Falkreath, had not only ignored the slaughter of his people, he'd surrendered the entirety of the hold to the vampires!

Sickened by the mans' cowardice, Aiden left the hold, never to return to his life of farming. However, before he could take any action against the vampires, the war with the undead was over. People were one again, preparing to continue the bloody civil war, preferring to forget the devastation wrought by by the undead. However, shortly after the wars' end, he was approached by a group, calling themselves the Paladins of Arkay, dedicated to destroying the undead wherever they might be found. Aiden joined the group, though the life of a holy knight was not for him. He believed too many of the wicked, man and beast alike, would slip past their scrutiny. He and a group of like-minded individuals formed the witch hunters, and dedicated themselves to rooting out all evil, wherever it may hide.

note: Much of Kassius' backstory is based upon Origins, my story I am currently working on. You don't need to concern yourselves too much with this, as little of his backstory will have a large impact on this particular story.

This, for text colour.

Last edited:

Andre Marek

You can run, but you'll only die tired...
    Do I sense someone has been playing the Witcher? Aha this does look very interesting though. I think I'll post a CC tomorrow

haafingar hell

Another tiny note, but when this thing is ready to start and any of you have visual references with color, I could draw you one of these (though I'd have to find the doodle prompt examples I'm taking from). They're really fun.

Attachments

• cyr3.png
      cyr3.png
      94.4 KB · Views: 13

Andre Marek

You can run, but you'll only die tired...
    Name: Ser Derek the Warden, aka The Warden

Race: Nord

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual

Class: Knight

Weapons: Longsword named Judicator. Six inch hunting knife

Armour: Derek wears a custom made suit of armor combining plate, chanmail, and leather in order to provide ample protection while still allowing for full mobility.
    GetAttachmentThumbnail

Combat Preference: Derek is a ruthless and deadly swordsman, approaching fights directly, looking to finish his opponents with as few blows as possible. He rarely goes in for exaggerated displays of swordsmanship, despite his obvious skill with a blade, preferring to defeat enemies as quickly as he can and with as little effort as possible. Besides his longsword, Derek sometimes uses his hunting knife as a weapon as well as his armored frame.

Character Appearance: Standing at 6'5" and weighing in at 245 pounds without armor, Derek is as imposing as any of his Nordic brethren even before he dons his armor. Years of combat have made him very muscular and his body has several scars to serve as testament to his experience in battle. His hair is dark brown and kept short while his face is clean shaven. Dark brown eyes rest under thick eyebrows and a thin scar curves from his left ear to the point of his chin.

Personality: Derek thinks of himself as a bringer of justice, albeit his own personal form of justice. He has a hard heart, rarely allowing himself to grow close to others, but not so hard as to make him cruel. While he is undoubtedly a rather cold person, Derek tries his best to help those who cannot help themselves and has sometimes even refused payment if he thought that someone could not afford it. However, in his dealings with his enemies it could be said that Derek becomes another man altogether, more monster really. Rare is the foe who has lived after facing him, preferring to execute those he has deemed evil in cold blood. Derek fully believes in the power of evil and wastes no time in trying to save any creature or person he sees it in.

Dislikes: "Evil", Stupidity, Ignorance

Quirks: Snaps his fingers whenever he does something stupid or if he thinks he could have done better

Fears: Derek is driven by his fear of evil becoming more powerful than the good in people, something he believes isn't far from happening across Tamriel

Phobias: No Phobias to speak of

History: Derek began life as the son of a powerful family living just outside Solitude in Skyrim and had the usual life one would expect of a noblemans son. He was groomed to become a warrior with daily sword training and other combat skills as well as thorough education. He excelled in his martial training and quickly became known for his ability to win fights.

Once he was old enough, he accompanied his father and sometimes other knights to resolve various disputes near the city. These trips proved to be key in shaping Dereks overdeveloped sense of justice. He quickly began to see it as his responsibility to protect all he could from those who would prey on the weak.

Before long, he was Knighted and dubbed the Warden, in reference to his protection of others from harm. Derek stayed in Solitude for several years, fighting in defense of the city during the Civil War and helping to keep the fragile peace afterwards. Once a modicum of normality had returned to Skyrim, Derek decided his sword could be best used elsewhere and set off for new lands. His travels took him all over the northern realms of Tamriel until he eventually landed in the city of Wayrest in High Rock where he came upon a notice from a certain Lord Gravus

Dialogue color: White

haafingar hell

I made an edit to my character profile and added something if that's okay! It was a concept I was playing with and it just seemed to fit his character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thesius

The Imperial Paladin
    Liking all the CC's so far! Madrar, nice to see you expanding on the paladins. Any date on an article for them?

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Can't post him up just yet but I'll also be adding Nurian the Masked, one of my newer characters.

haafingar hell

I might add a third if that's okay, but I do have a second!

Name: Brand
    Race: Redguard
    Age and Date of Birth: 28 (as of 17th of Last Seed, 4E 201; born 6th of Sun’s Dawn, 4E 173)
    Sexual Preference: Bisexual
    Class: Pilgrim
    Weapons: He carries a classic Redguard scimitar, as well as an ebony dagger and a small collection of poisons.

Armour: While traveling, he prefers to don Hammerfell garb. When staying in cities, however, he will insist on wearing fine clothes and circlets.

Combat Preference 2-3 line minimum: Avoid, avoid, avoid. He’s very sneaky, and his ideal situation would be that the enemy never even knew he was there. However, he trained with his father in Hammerfell when he was very young, continuing to off and on train with one handed swords. He can most certainly hold his own, but it is definitely not his preference. In the worst of times, he’s very much the coward that will abandon you. However, while the rest of your party is making the enemy busy and fighting, he could very easily take what everyone needs and get out undetected.

He also makes use of destruction runes and makes a pretty decent healer in a pinch.

Brand is built very much like most other Redguards, them being one of the taller races of man in Tamriel and the men often sturdily built and broad-shouldered. However, it’s clear by just a glance his way that he’s never been horribly skilled with the sword. A little wobbly and almost outright clumsy on his feet, the dark-skinned young man otherwise carries himself well. His posture is impeccable and his caution and well-dressed presentation allow him to make a very fair first impression. He keeps his tightly curled hair cropped short to his head, and he has a slightly narrower and more androgynous than most facial structure that is still clearly male. He’s got a fair few lashes across his chest, and a rather prominent scar running from the corner of his mouth across his left cheek. He stands at 6'2" and 193 lbs.

ISFJ / Neutral Evil / Melancholic / Slytherin / Horned Serpent

Brand can be summed up very easily with one word: superficial. It’s difficult, nearing impossible, to become a very close friend of his and it’s not exactly difficult to tell that he’s always keeping something at bay behind his words. And if one tries to question why he’s so guarded, he’ll immediately change the subject and refuse to address their complaints. His most common target for a ‘different subject’ is current affairs or sometimes your accomplishments. He may stop himself from having close relationships, but he knows how to wield his speechcraft dangerously well.

Brand’s entire survival strategy in the world is the use of making himself into the person that others want him to be. He keeps himself, his true thoughts and beliefs, and his weaknesses under tight wraps, opting for safety and blending in over the glory and possibly gold for standing out in the right ways. One could talk to him daily for a year and still not be clear on his stance on the civil war. And he uses this as an advantage greatly.

His strategy of coping with and surviving in the world isn’t necessarily a good one. Because of this approach, he’s got a very muddled sense of identity. He isn’t sure anymore whether a belief is from him or someone else, he has a lot of difficulty making even small decisions like when he was asked what sort of drink he wanted in the tavern, and he’s scared to even consider many new ideas because he’s afraid that his adopting a new idea is just some borrowed opinion he’ll turn around and begone with it within a few days. So he’s constantly questioning whether or not things are his thoughts or what.

Despite all of this, Brand does have the desire to break away from his fear and anxiety and become a well spoken and much liked nobleman if he can one day. He’s certainly intelligent and educated enough; it’s more of a matter of his taking a stand with pride and embracing his own opinions, rather than agreeing with whatever he thinks will win in the end. He’s a survivor, one with an enormous fear of being wrong and the consequences of being wrong. And with his goals, these survival mechanisms are enormously counterproductive.

They also make him extremely selfish, always looking for glory and prestige where he can find it easily and always trying to convince himself that he’s worthy by undergoing various dangerous tasks, from going into a dangerous cave recklessly in response to being called chicken (how he isn’t dead, even he isn’t sure) to engaging in bar brawls more often than he would like to admit. However, the bar brawls tend to come in strings of rage, all occurring within the same long stretches of drinking and recklessness and insomnia. It isn’t uncommon to not see him outside for weeks after these spells, whether that be out of embarrassment or something else.

These claims are disputed, but there is also a rumor that he did more than just punch someone one night. He got into a bad argument with a sharply opinionated, arrogant, loud-mouthed Breton man that he was an on and off friend to that night, and the two exited the city together, each with a companion that they had been drinking with that night. Early that morning, only three of them re-entered the city and the Breton was nowhere to be found. It is rumored that they engaged in armed combat to the death. Since this, there have been here and there rumors about some questionable activity involving him that a bounty hunter may have some interest in knowing.

Brand shows many signs of an eccentric man, from his tendency to make others think their relationship is closer than it actually is to the numerous days he’s spent pacing at some cliff’s edge and pondering whether it would be worth it to jump off, from the sudden action of trying to pickpocket Kodlak Whitemane in the middle of Whiterun to the skooma habit that has been fading in and out of his life. Through a modern lens, he would likely be diagnosed with bipolar disorder type 2 and anxiety, likely with PTSD on top of it.

• Alcohol
    • General academic studies
    • Flute music
    Dislikes:
    • Highly pressured environments
    • Indecision
    • Speaking first
    Quirks: He’s always god a charming smile on his face, because by Stendarr is he a charmer. He has a tendency to immediately turn on an almost condescending tone when talking to warrior types, and especially Orc and Nord warrior types. He also has compulsive lying tendencies. He’s so corrupt.

Fears: Frankly, his biggest fear is that of rejection. However, he has been known to straight up burst into tears if a frostbite spider gets too close.

Phobias: Large bodies of water are a huge phobia of his.

History :

Having been born in the midst of the Great War, Brand has hardly known peace throughout his life. He lived in a large house, son of an affluent military man and the daughter of nobility. He had an older sister that he had a nice enough relationship with, but his father was gone for the first three or four years of his life, off fighting in distant corners of Tamriel. By the time he was back in young Brand’s life, he may as well have been a stranger. That didn’t stop him from taking a firm hold of power back upon properly re-entering the household, though.

In short, war had changed Brand’s father to some degree. He drank to cope with pain and nightmares and began beating his wife and kids, something that he never would have even thought of before. His lack of ability to cope with the situation, as well as continued war with the Dominion, caused him to become cruel and violent. He pushed Brand to begin training with a sword very young so that one day he could fight the dominion, and the boy began to resent the sword and withdrew more into his books when he could. He couldn’t challenge his father’s opinions without fear of getting beaten.

His mother, at least, was still a very kind woman who was fiercely protective of her children. She saw to it that Brand’s older sister was married off to a kind and affluent young man and would live a comfortable life in Sentinel before fleeing with her son to a safe location, taking advantage of the fact that her husband had been sent to Stros M’kai to fight the Aldmeri Dominion and fleeing to High Rock to escape. Brand was seven years old, coming up on eight, at this time.

Life with his mother in High Rock was better and much more peaceful, word being sent to them not long after settling in Daggerfall that Brand’s father had died by the hands of Aldmeri forces. Though the mother and son were relieved to say the least, they decided not to return to Sentinel.

And so, Brand grew into a young man in High Rock, studying illusion magic primarily and occasionally picking up a sword. However, above magic and combat was his desire to learn about and understand people and society.

He left High Rock for Skyrim when his mother died in 4E 193. Since then, he’s fashioned himself a historian of sorts from all that he’s read, owning a few rare artifacts on top of a rather abundant book collection. He’s also known to buy and sell oddities, especially those found in Dwemer ruins, from his home in Markarth. While his work doesn’t ordinarily pay well, he is kept in an extremely comfortable position because and only because he unapologetically takes bribes from the Silver-Bloods to keep his nose very far away from their dealings.

Dialogue color: This blue is suitable

Last edited:

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Name: Nurian the Masked

Race: Altmer (believed)

Age and Date of Birth: Several decades, at least, possibly over a century.

Sexual Preference: Asexual

Class: Mage/wizard

Weapons: Arcane powers

Armour: None to speak of, though he wears black and grey robes, tunic, pants,boots, and an ebony mask, leading to his name.

Combat Preference: Nurian, being a traditional mage, prefers to engage his foe at range. In fact, he must. His lack of close range weapons and armour mean that he'll be in trouble should something be able to close the distance. However, his repetoire of spells are quite formidable, and those that do hope to close with the mage must be formidable indeed.

Character Appearance: Nurian is tall, standing at 6'1",but not particularly bulky. As such, he cuts an intimidating figure, as he is covered in dark cloth, from his head to his toes. This has lead to many rumours about the mysterious mage, including that his body is covered in horrible burns, or otherwise afflicted. The mage himself has never spoken on the matter, and when confronted directly,
    Nurian%20the%20Masked.jpg
    he deflects the question. His most remarkable physical characteristic is his silver eyes, the only part of his body that is visible.

Personality:
    Nurian is by no means a cruel or indifferent mer. In fact, he will often go out of his way in order to help others. He despises those who are cruel to those less fortunate or unable to defend themselves. However, among 'equals' or experienced warriors, the mage is often dismissive and arrogant, getting himself very little in the way of friends.

Likes: Knowledge, exploring ancient ruins, defending the weak.

Dislikes: Seeing others abuse their power. Mercenary types, the more thug like, the worse. Undead.

Quirks ( habit(s) that are unique to your character.Can be positive or negative. Preferably one of each.) : Tends to summon a small ghost light, which he tosses from hand to hand when idle.

Fears:
    Being portrayed as evil, the Thalmor triumphant.

Phobias:
    No phobias to speak.
    History : Shrouded in mystery. (Will probably expand on this as the story progresses.)

Dialogue color:
    This.

Attachments

• Nurian the Masked.jpg
      Nurian the Masked.jpg
      67.7 KB · Views: 7

haafingar hell

This is the last one! Also attached is super simplified visuals of all three that I submitted.

Name: Svana Hearth-Heart
    Race: Nord
    Age and Date of Birth: 21 (as of 17th of Last Seed, 4E 201; born 19th of Evening Star, 4E 179)
    Sexual Preference: Lesbian
    Class: Barbarian
    Weapons: She favors steel and two-handed weapons in her fighting, her favorite being a steel warhammer gifted to her by her father. Even when in feminine dress (which is rare; she often wears men’s clothes), it is rare to see her without this warhammer. She also keeps a steel war axe on her in case she is disarmed when using her preferred weapon.

Armour: Preferring light armor, she almost always wears normal leather armor, including the helmet. However, she will also wear fur armor if she finds it cold enough to make the change. She keeps an amulet of Talos tucked under her armor (in case she runs into Thalmor while out), and a silver and ruby ring with a fortify light armor enchantment. It was given to her by a friend.

Combat Preference 2-3 line minimum: Very straightforward. She will storm into battle, hammer held high above her head and screaming her head off. She really needs to be directed with things like that if she’s to be any use strategically, which would make her an excellent soldier. She wouldn’t make half as good a mercenary or bounty hunter as she would a soldier, so please take her to the side and give her instructions. Then you’ll get your useful, skull-cracking barbarian.

Svana is a tall, strong, and well-built Nord woman at 6’4” and 216 lbs. She’s not lithe and lanky like one might expect of a tall girl like her, but instead is broad-shouldered and built very sturdy. She’s rather ‘top heavy’ as well, often binding her chest with tight clothing so it doesn’t get in the way of her training, and it’s not unheard of that she’s mistaken for a man from behind, depending upon her attire. She’s also got great guns, and isn’t afraid to show them off.

She keeps her hair short and cropped close to her head, not wanting to do much with the fine bits of golden blonde. And despite not bothering at all with lip color, she’s certainly not afraid of a bit of eye makeup. She also wears two lines of dark blue war paint on each cheek. She’s got a square jaw with a slightly longer face and a somewhat large forehead, brown eyes, and sparse brows.

ENFJ / Chaotic Good / Sanguine / Gryffindor / Thunderbird

Svana is very much a ‘one of the guys’ type. She’s loud and a little brash, aggressively extroverted, and quite a charmer when she wants to be. She always seems to be vying for attention in some way or another, not always caring whether it was from her friends, from a girl she’s interested in, or from total strangers. She’s very clingy and feeds off the attention of others, seeming extremely disappointed when it isn’t paid any mind to and is no stranger to doing something outlandish in an attempt to top that. She’s even gone as far as exaggerating the hell out of stories she had to tell, even in front of people that had already heard them. She never seems to tell the same story twice, though she only really has a handful of stories she tells. If all else fails, she’s just got to be the life of the party. Being the shoulder to cry on, though, can certainly satisfy this apparent need for companionship.

She is a lot of fun to be around, but as one may become better friends with her it’s easy to discover that she’s very clingy, jealousy being a very prominent player in her relationships, afraid that her friends will find someone better and leave her for them. She’s afraid that she’s not pretty and feminine enough for the girls she likes, not fun enough for her friends, that she’s somehow forcing everyone to spend time with her. Despite her presentation, she’s extremely insecure about her interpersonal relationships and how people see her. She never seems to be confident in people’s thoughts about her, even positive ones, though she isn’t open at all about it. What she can’t as easily conceal, though, are the mood swings that seem to plague her. Frequency varies, but she can be moved to anger, tears, joy, or many other things with the right triggers and not much effort at all.

Despite her clinginess, though, she can also be an extremely good friend. She’s extremely empathetic and sympathetic, honing her listening ear as delicately as she has her use of two handed weaponry and doing her best to offer advice or even just someone to listen. Many who talk to her about their personal problems find she can be among the most empathetic and nonjudgmental people they’ve ever gone to for help. She’s surprisingly good at offering a jab of common sense right when you need it.

She’s also an enormous flirt, sometimes even toward people she isn’t interested in.

She definitely has a noticeable substance problem, mostly mead and ale. Episodes of this seem to both precede and succeed bouts of depression, which has been both a reason she has considered enlisting with the Stormcloaks and the reason she has yet to do so. She basically believes that being in the military will force her to work through her problems. She also has a lot of behavior that is geared toward seeking attention, but further observation shows that it’s mostly that she doesn’t want to be alone. She can also have some frightening mood swings, and her reckless behavior is very apparent. She appears to function for the most part though, which leads to her possibly being diagnosed with intermittent depression and borderline personality disorder with histrionic traits if she were in a modern setting.

• Pretty Women
    • Arm wrestling
    • Singing (though she isn’t very good at it)
    • Dogs

Dislikes:
    • Most elves and beast races
    • “Milk drinkers”
    • Moon sugar / Skooma

Quirks: She fiddles with her amulet a lot, which can distract her a fair amount sometimes. She’s also a big knuckle cracker (and she does it just because she can).

Fears: While she’ll talk tough about it cracking elven skulls all day, she is honest to goodness terrified of the Thalmor. The idea of being persecuted just for having her beliefs and being who she is honestly scares the hell out of her. Of course, she also isn’t horribly self aware since she’s pretty racist and ‘Skyrim only for the Nords’ herself.

Phobias: Her fear of abandonment is honest to goodness strong enough to be considered a phobia.

History :

Svana is a rather simple girl. She was born in Ivarstead to a barmaid and a hold guard, but mostly raised by her older (and only) brother because her parents always seemed to be so busy. He was ten years older than her, and he could have left her by herself somewhere so that he could socialize with people his age, but instead he let her watch him and the other boys fight with wooden swords and even began teaching her how. Sometimes if her father saw them during his patrol, he would stop and help with the instruction. This assured her that she had some real grasp on a one handed sword before her own tenth birthday. These were some of the fondest memories of her childhood, especially for someone who rarely saw people her own age throughout it. She didn’t have someone her age in the village to play with until she was about eight or nine years old, but his father was another hold guard and she’s still friends with this boy to this day.

Probably one of the most traumatic events of her childhood was when her mother suddenly packed her bags and left in the middle of the night when she was twelve. She was caught by her father, and the two parents had a screaming match outside the house, thinking Svana was too fast asleep to wake up to this (her brother was already out training, as he had joined the Legion Army; this was way before the civil war and he defected to the Stormcloaks after that officially started). What affected her more than the leaving itself- her and her mother were never close, as the mother was an aggressive and sometimes violent workaholic and alcoholic- was the way the town gossiped about her family after that.

There were rumors everywhere, that her father cheated or that her mother had done disgusting things to her and her brother, and that’s why she left. They said that her father was abusive. This all angered her greatly, as her father was never a violent person. He had always been patient with her, always gentle, and he did his best to show his children that they were his first priority. There were several situations where she got physical with people who were saying these things, mostly boys a little older than her that were looking to get a rise out of her. Needless to say, they often walked away with black eyes, fat lips, and broken noses.

As she got older, she started gravitating toward smithing more and more as a trade, even seeking out a blacksmith to apprentice, but the dragon attacks in Helgen cut her apprenticeship short. Her father was leaving to move to Riften, the closest walled city in a Stormcloak-controlled hold. She eventually moved herself up to Windhelm from there, and has been staying in Candlehearth Hall contemplating whether or not to join the Stormcloaks.

Dialogue color: This one!

Attachments

• trio.png
      trio.png
      233.7 KB · Views: 8

Thesius

The Imperial Paladin
    Okay, gonna wait for a few more people before we get started. Might as well post my two CCs.

Thesius

The Imperial Paladin
    Name: Pyrus Vanius

Age and Date of Birth: 30,17th of Frostfall

Class: Paladin of Arkay

Weapons: A one handed, double headed steel warhammer. The weapon is used together with his sheild.

Armour: Wears steel plate armour, over chainmail, and the breastplate of the armour is etched with the symbol of Arkay. His shield is similiar to the design of the Imperial Legionnaires. Except it is more reinforced with steel, and an edged rim, to allow better blocking and infliction of damage. The center of the shield also has Arkays symbol on it.

Combat Preference : Pyrus uses his height and wait to his advantage. When facing the enemy, he shield rushes them, using the force of his impact to floor lesser enemies. Those that manage to withstand his initial charge, face the might of his hammer. Calling on Arkays' divine might, Pyrus smites his enemies. Needless to say, the paladin prefers to be in the front lines against any conflict against the forces of darkness.

Character Appearance: Pyrus is tall, almost six feet, and weighs about two hundred pounds. He has short, dark brown hair, and facial hair of the same colour. He keeps his face shaved, showing only a little stubble. When unable to get to a razor, he'll let it grow out, but never to the point where it's unmanageable. He has pale green eyes, and fair skin. He has several scars, from his confrontations with dozens of evil creatures.

Personality : Pyrus, despite honest attempts to be kind and merciful and understanding, is at heart, a cynical and deeply mistrusting individual. He no longer sees the good in people- he's seen so much evil in his lifetime, he believes anyone and everyone he meets is likely to be corrupted by the forces of evil.

Despite this, he will fight to his last breath to protect those that face evil alongside him. He believes in upholding the law, though he won't let it stop him from bringing evil-doers to justice. He sees following the laws of men as secondary, compared to his orders decree to slay evil.

Likes: Fighting evil creatures/people. Seeing justice done. Prayer.

Dislikes: Daedra/Demons, Undead, those who don't share his hatred of evil.

Quirks ( habit(s) that are unique to your character.Can be positive or negative. Preferably one of each.) : Drinks alcohol only sparingly. Will pray frequently when not in combat.

Fears: Loss of his faith, evil triumphing. Losing his sister.

Phobias:
    A crushing fear of defeat...failure.

History : Born in a small village in eastern Cyrodiil, Pyrus and his syster, Jysella, were the troublemakers of the place. The village was untroubled by pretty much everything. Every year, a few men and some of the older boys left to join the Legion, or the mages college in the Imperial city. But besides that, the village life was quiet.

As they grew older, the two siblings grew tired of the quiet life. As adventurous young adults are likely to, they took to travelling farther and farther from home, wandering the forests and valleys. Besides these 'adventures' their lives stayed mostly uneventful, until one fateful day. Pyrus and Jysella had left home, laden with food and drink, to go walking through the forests. Their trip was cut short, however, by foul weather. They returned home, and found a strange fog...with disturbing noises emanating from it.

Against their better judgement, the siblings charged into the fog, searching for their parents and friends. What they found...was a nightmare. Walking corpses emerged, some of them known to the siblings. The pair attempted to flee, but were quickly turned around by the fog. The undead closed in, reaching out with cold, clammy fingers. Before Pyrus and Jysella met their ends at the hands of the undead, a group of warriors sprang forth. Their armour shone through the mist, as if they were illuminated from within. In short order, the undead were disposed of.

The warriors identified themselves as paladins of Arkay. They also revealed that everyone in the village had been slain. The legion soldiers that had been guarding the village had fled in the face of the walking corpses. Pyrus and Jysella decided to join the order-everything else they'd had was gone. For years, the pair of them trained with the order. They hunted dozens of necromancers, wights, and liches, spreading word of the paladins. When word of a lord seeking to reclaim his ancestral home from the grasp of darkness, the Paladins of Arkay sent two of their most promising paladins-Pyrus and Jysella.

Dialogue color:
    Pyrus' colour.

Also, I'll only be doing one history for both of them. Since it applies to both.

Name:
    Jysella Vanius

Age and Date of Birth: 30,17th of Frostfall

Class: Paladin of Arkay

Weapons: A weapon reminiscent of a fencers foil. The blade near the guard, however, is thicker, and the blade steadily narrows to a fine tip, ideal for piercing narrow chinks in enemy armour. A dagger she keeps on her at all times. In case she should happen to be disarmed.

Armour: Unlike her brother, Jysella has chosen to go into lighter armour. She wears a leather tunic, under a shirt of mail. She does wear steel enforced leather bracers and pauldrons, and grieves.

Combat Preference: Where Pyrus prefers to power his way through an engagement, Jysella prefers finesse. She often outmaneuvers her enemies before cutting them down. She fights very much like a duelist, using quick jabs and slashes. She wears down her opponents and finishes the fight with a lethal jab. Jysella also has some skill with magical abilities, primarily of the restoration school. Because her sword is less than perfect for fighting zombies and skeletons, she uses powerful blasts of restoration magic that burn or at least repel the enemy. She's also perfectly capable and willing to heal her companions.

Character Appearance: Jysella is a slim woman, shorter than her brother, and slightly less muscular. Her hair is a lighter shade of brown than her brothers, and she often wears it in a ponytail. She lacks tattoos, but has a small collection of scars.

Personality 1 paragraph minimum: Though Jysella sympathizes with her brother, she doesn't exactly share the same beliefs. Where he sees only the possibility for greed and evil, she sees the possibility for generosity and good. She is an encouraging person, though, like her brother, when faced with evil-doers, will not hesitate to take action. Because of this, she sees no problems with taking the law into her own hands.

Likes: Making friends, adventures, justice, honorable people.

Dislikes: Demons/Daedra, undead, liars.

Quirks ( habit(s) that are unique to your character.Can be positive or negative. Preferably one of each.) : Drums her fingers against her thigh when nervous or excited.

Fears Include at least one. : Losing friends, losing her brother, evil triumping.

Phobias Include at least one: Nebulaphobia- Fear of fog.

History : (Read Pyrus' CC)

Dialogue color:
    This

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts