1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    Dismiss Notice

OOC <18+> Demons in the Dark

Discussion in 'Skyrim Roleplaying' started by Thesius, May 31, 2018.

1. Hale Loneshadow

Hale Loneshadow Well-Known Member

@Specter of Death Ahh, gotcha. Damn. Okay that's fine, again it's been awhile and I haven't been in an RP for a hot minute. I will edit that part out to something else.

Think I could edit it to maybe having Theo give him some information on the road ahead? Not anyone or anything specific, just something along the lines that Hale hired Theo's ring to do some scouting in this unfamiliar territory, which may or may not come back to bite him in the ass.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hale Loneshadow

I think it's good now, @Specter of Death . It's nothing specific about any of us, nor anything too specific as a whole that would ruin any of our fun, but it is some intel that could be useful/that Hale could use to ingratiate himself with Lord Gravus...cause, ya know, Gravus reminds Hale of an old friend and all that.

3. Specter of Death

Specter of Death Moderator
    Staff Member

@Hale Loneshadow

Yes, that would be perfectly acceptable. Again, 95% of your post was just fine and wonderfully put together. Reading the other characters as Hale was also acceptable as well, as most other characters have already done so.

Just keep in mind that in your writing if it in any way takes control of the actions, intentions, dialogue or judgements of other characters--without discussing it with said characters' writers--it's against general RP guidelines. It's also a fairly understandable thing to overlook if you haven't been in practice, which is why I wanted to bring it up to you instead of getting angry and offended or anything like that (as that's become a norm when things like that happen, and as a mod they are annoying reports I have to sift through).

I think about it this way too, if one character wants to have some insight on another, it's better overall for both writers to collaborate on how to gain that insight. That way, one writer can be like: "I want to do this and this, what would happen with your character if I did that?" Then the other could respond with input that furthers the immersion of the whole experience, as well as broaden's the quality of posting across multiple creators entirely.

It can be done in PMs with only the other writers involved if you want to keep it a secret, for example, and then just inform everyone "Hey guys, Myself and So-and-so are collaborating with our characters with the next couple posts," or "Me and the OP have discussed this aspect of my character that we want to keep secret, and they said it's fine so look forward for a few surprises later." Or you can just make it a public thing in the OOC. Whatever works as long as people are in the loop.

The only exception to this, I would say, is if you are taking control of NPC characters--but we already know how to do that so far, as it's what we have all been doing with Lord Gravus and his advisors.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Specter of Death

Staff Member

@Hale Loneshadow

Yes! That is much better. It also adds a bit of detail nobody else has added yet, which overall adds to the general experience and wow-factor.

5. Hale Loneshadow

@Specter of Death Thank you for the compliment mate! Yeah, that's what I was going for with the whole Hale/Theo interaction. And thank you even more for, as you stated, not getting all angry and plopsty about it, it was an honest mistake after being rusty from all this RP'ing for a few years.

Thanks for the help and advice, I'm sure I'll be utilizing it all soon enough!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Andre Marek

Andre Marek You can run, but you'll only die tired...

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Specter of Death

Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. EpicVakarian

EpicVakarian Calibration-Master General

Thanks @Thesius for getting Kira involved, makes my next post a lot easier, much appreciated :)

9. EpicVakarian

Anyone else intending on involving Kira in a conversation? No prob if not, just wondering before I write up a shorter post replying just to Jysella.

10. Specter of Death

Staff Member

Maelin won’t be talking directly to anyone in particular unless talked directly to, so that’s likely a no from me Epic :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. TheArgonianDrell

TheArgonianDrell Well-Known Member

Not sure how long til we move out, but at least Mareks' character has a chance to interact if he wants.

12. Andre Marek

Andre Marek You can run, but you'll only die tired...

I'll respond in a little bit. Nothin too elaborate until a couple others have had a chance to respond as well.

13. The_Lost_Foxtrot

The_Lost_Foxtrot Lord of Shadows

this might be a bit late but it isn't possibly room for one more to jump in??

#113 The_Lost_Foxtrot, Jun 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  14. Thesius

Thesius The Imperial Paladin

So I'll wait for a few more responses before I have Gravus get us moving.

No, sorry. Recruiting has been closed for some time now.

15. The_Lost_Foxtrot

The_Lost_Foxtrot Lord of Shadows

oh ok, i kinda guessed it was too late anyway but thanks for the responce. but if you were to maybe start recruting again someday, could you send a pm or somthing?? would love to join if/when it's possible.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Specter of Death

Staff Member

Been a tad busy, family in town. Will try to post today if I can—if not tomorrow evening. Promise!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hale Loneshadow

Holy fluff hahaha I didn't realize I made Hale sound like he was just freakin' shouting that across the township! :D I'll roll with it

18. Thesius

Thesius The Imperial Paladin

So really I think I'm just waiting on @EpicVakarian to reply to Jysella, and then we'll get on the road.

• Like Like x 3
  19. EpicVakarian

Ah sorry, didn't realise it was just me you were waiting on. I'm off work tomorrow so I'll see what I can do.

20. EpicVakarian

Apologies, its not a lot, I was struggling to think of what else I could include. Hopefully its enough to do the job?