OOC <18+> Demons in the Dark

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Thesius

The Imperial Paladin
    Every place has dark secrets. Some, are darker than others. Such is the case in this story. In the fiefdom of Anticlere, in the Breton homeland of Highrock, there once existed a noble house, of the name of Gravus. They dwelt in a grand castle, on top of a large cliff, overlooking a small hamlet. In the old days, the village was plagued by necromancers and other foul creatures. The house Gravus responded with a force of knights and men at arms, the lords of the castle leading many assaults themselves. For centuries, the battles continued, and house Gravus continued these wars against evil, even as the rest of the Breton people fought their petty wars of succession and conquest.

The royal house lost many of its' people, and gained itself the enmity of dozens of necromancers, liches, and other foul creatures. For every noble warrior that fell in battle, the enemy gained a mindless minion. Eventually, their foes took the upper hand, pressing the noble house again and again- to the point of breaking. However, their end came not from without, but from within. One of the Gravus sons, fascinated with the occult, and necromantic arts, became ensnared. A night of summoning, terror, and bloodshed took place, and come the dawn, house Gravus was no more.

The village below endured though, with necromancers and cultists using the peasant population for their dark rituals. The castle on the cliff became known among the commoners as Château de désespoir. As the decades passed the village and its castle became largely forgotten, and a forest sprang up around the castle and village. This is no normal forest, however, but a blighted place, filled with darkness, and foul, mutated beings, that prey on foolish hunters or merchants. The village has become a place under siege, with palisades and high wooden walls. The castle above became a cursed place, where screams of agony and mad cackling can be heard on moonless nights.

Shortly after the end of the civil war, a Breton lord, naming himself as the lost descendant of the Gravus family appeared. He waits in the city of Crossmore, south of the village, and has sent out an announcement: Any who help him reclaim his ancient home and purge the surrounding lands of evil will be rich beyond their dreams.

This is a grand opportunity for the brave, foolish, greedy,and desperate. However, there is no guarantee these mercenaries, adventurers, and 'heroes' will be able to overcome what lurks in the woods, and the villagers have become less and less trusting of outsiders, due to their years of bitter strife.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Recruitment is now CLOSED
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    The Cast
    Thesius:
    Lord Jonathan Gravus
    Gavin Feller
    Tollis Thraen

Pyrus Vanius

Jysella Vanius

NPC Characters
    - Anyone can write these. The same goes for the three named NPCs', within reason.
    EpicVakarian's Character:
    Kyra Woodsly
    Specter of Death's Character:
    Maelin
    Madrar's Character:
    Aldrem Dane
    TheDreamersverse's Character
    Breyrenna Ferrow
    Signus's Character:
    Andros Hoarsson

Screeching Spasmodically:
    Khajira

Hey guys, it's been a while. But, since I'm back, I thought I'd bring Demons in the Dark back with me. I should mention, this RP is highly influenced by the game Darkest Dungeon. I'll try to reflect that as we go on. The previous iterations of this RP can be archived.

Rules-

1- No godmodding. That means no super powered weapons, spells or armours. Anything that can do massive amounts of damage, or stop basically all damage counts as godmodding. Won't be tolerated.

2- I'd prefer experienced writers only please. This won't be something for beginners.

3- Be active. I'd like to see a post at least once every two weeks, at least.

4- Grammar and spelling. I think this is very important. It makes your posts look better, and easier to read.

5- Expect mature themes. Cursing,gore, sex, etc. This is an 18+ RP after all.

6- Character wise. You can have as many as you like so long as you can control them properly. NPCs' are acceptable.

==========================

Character Template. Please follow it.

Name:

Race:

Age and Date of Birth:

Sexual Preference:

Class:

Weapons:

Armour:

Combat Preference
    2-3 line minimum.(How does your character prefer to fight? Are they a sneaky type, or do they prefer direct confrontation? Staying back and healing their allies, or blasting them with magical powers?):

Character Appearance 1 paragraph minimum. (What does your character look like? Height, scars, tattoos, eye,hair, skin colours, how muscular are they, and anything else you might feel needs to be added.):

Personality
    1 paragraph minimum. (Is your character cruel or kind? Brave or cowardly? More likely to obey and uphold the law, or disregard it completely?):

Dislikes:

Quirks
    ( habit(s) that are unique to your character.Can be positive or negative. Preferably one of each.) :

Fears
    Include at least one. :

Phobias:
    (Optional.)(Phobias are NOT the same things as fears. Fear is what someone feels in the moment, and they may pass when the situation is resolved. Phobias are deep routed, often caused by a traumatic-negative experience, and can, in severe cases cause physical impairment):

History :

Dialogue color:

Last edited:

Thesius

The Imperial Paladin
    Also, I'd like to reserve some text colours right off the bat.

This for Gavin Feller

This for Tollis Thraen

This for Lord Jonathan Gravus

It's not strictly necessary, but I'd appreciate it if you guys would use
    this colour for NPC's bottom row, fourth from the left. It helps people know when a character is interacting with NPCs and adds some...I guess, uniformity?

Also, I thought I'd just give a little summary of the three main NPCs' that'll be along for the story. Should give you guys something to go on when you're interacting with them.

Lord Jonathan Gravus

Position: The leader of the expedition to reclaim house Gravus' ancestral lands.

Race: Breton

Appearance: The last heir of house Gravus dark haired, fair skinned, clean shaven,and athletically built. He wears a rich burgundy tunic, which conceals a chainmail shirt. He wears plain trousers and sturdy boots, that have clearly seen their fair share of travel.When on the road, he wears an equally worn brown traveling cloak. At his belt is a longsword, with a wire wrapped hilt and round pommel. On his right hand is a silver ring with the seal of house Gravus on it.

Personality: Lord Gravus is a fair and surprisingly humble individual. He is always eager to meet new people, regardless of their station, and is, perhaps a little too quick to trust. Though he projects an optimistic front, the task before him is an almost visible weight around him, lending him an air of solemnity.

Background: Even the most well informed in High Rock know very little about Jonathan Gravus. What little that is known, is that he appeared several months ago with a retinue of men at arms, and his two companions, Gavin Feller, and Tollis Thraen.

----
    Gavin Feller

Position: Financier of the expedition

Appearance: No one would ever describe Gaven Feller as 'starving'. The financier of lord Gravus' expedition is corpulent, balding man, with pale blue eyes. He wears finery as if he were at court, rather than traveling on the open road. A large, golden necklace hangs around his neck, and his fingers are covered in jeweled rings. He bears no weapons, aside from a small, thin dagger, concealed in his sleeve.

Personality: Where Gravus is humble, Gaven often comes across as arrogant and demeaning. He can often be heard questioning the need for 'filthy mercenaries' , even in front of said mercenaries. Though he isn't the most softspoken of people, it is clear he cares deeply for lord Gravus, and wishes his expedition to succeed.

Background: A member of a disgraced breton household, Gaven joined up with lord Gravus' expedition shortly after meeting him in Wayrest. It is well known that he hired the group of soldiers that accompany the expedition, and that he is in charge of paying any additional help, regardless of his feelings on the matter.

---
    Tollis Thraen

Position: Lord Gravus' Adviser/bodyguard

Appearance: Tollis Thraen is the opposite in appearances to his companion, Gaven Feller. Almost skeletal, it seems the plain grey robes and similarly coloured tunic underneath are all that give the man shape. In his mid fifties, Thraens' hair is a dark brown, turning grey, and reaches down to his shoulders. A neatly trimmed beard does little to conceal a gaunt face. He holds an intricately carved birchwood staff, and a single silver ring, set with a saphire.

Personality: Tollis is a polite, if reserved individual. He rarely speaks to anyone besides lord Gravus, and even then, it is mostly in private, away from prying eyes. He is unquestionably loyal to the young Jonathan, and will make it clear to others that he will allow no harm to come to him.

Background: As with his lord, very little is known of Tollis Thraen. Rumors persist that he was once a powerful battlemage, and that a spell backfire caused his current skeletal appearance. He joined the last heir to house Gravus before even Gaven Feller, and has made little attempt to reveal his past to others.

Last edited:

Thesius

The Imperial Paladin
    I'd love to have you! Yeah, I just hope we can get it off the ground this time! And yeah, thought it was high time I gave this place another visit.

Thesius

The Imperial Paladin
    Name: Pyrus Vanius

Race: Imperial

Age and Date of Birth: 30,17th of Frostfall

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual

Class: Paladin of Arkay

Weapons: A one handed, double headed steel warhammer. The weapon is used together with his sheild.

Armour: Wears steel plate armour, over chainmail, and the breastplate of the armour is etched with the symbol of Arkay. His shield is similiar to the design of the Imperial Legionnaires. Except it is more reinforced with steel, and an edged rim, to allow better blocking and infliction of damage. The center of the shield also has Arkays symbol on it.

Combat Preference : Pyrus uses his height and weight to his advantage. When facing the enemy, he shield rushes them, using the force of his impact to floor lesser enemies. Those that manage to withstand his initial charge, face the might of his hammer. Calling on Arkays' divine might, Pyrus smites his enemies. Needless to say, the paladin prefers to be in the front lines against the forces of darkness.

Character Appearance: Pyrus is tall, almost six feet, and weighs about two hundred pounds. He has short, dark brown hair, and facial hair of the same colour. He keeps his face shaved, showing only a little stubble. When unable to get to a razor, he'll let it grow out, but never to the point where it's unmanageable. He has pale green eyes, and fair skin. He has several scars, from his confrontations with dozens of evil creatures.

Personality : Pyrus, despite honest attempts to be kind and merciful and understanding, is at heart, a cynical and deeply mistrusting individual. He no longer sees the good in people- he's seen so much evil in his lifetime, he believes anyone and everyone he meets is likely to be corrupted by the forces of evil.

Despite this, he will fight to his last breath to protect those that face evil alongside him. He believes in upholding the law, though he won't let it stop him from bringing evil-doers to justice. He sees following the laws of men as secondary, compared to his orders decree to slay evil.

Likes: Fighting evil creatures/people. Seeing justice done. Prayer.

Dislikes: Daedra/Demons, Undead, those who don't share his hatred of evil.

Quirks: Drinks alcohol only sparingly. Will pray frequently when not in combat.

Fears: Loss of his faith, evil triumphing. Losing his sister.

Phobias:
    A crushing fear of defeat...failure.

History : Born in a small village in eastern Cyrodiil, Pyrus and his syster, Jysella, were the troublemakers of the place. The village was untroubled by pretty much everything. Every year, a few men and some of the older boys left to join the Legion, or the mages college in the Imperial city. But besides that, the village life was quiet.

As they grew older, the two siblings grew tired of the quiet life. As adventurous young adults are likely to, they took to travelling farther and farther from home, wandering the forests and valleys. Besides these 'adventures' their lives stayed mostly uneventful, until one fateful day. Pyrus and Jysella had left home, laden with food and drink, to go walking through the forests. Their trip was cut short, however, by foul weather. They returned home, and found a strange fog...with disturbing noises emanating from it.

Against their better judgement, the siblings charged into the fog, searching for their parents and friends. What they found...was a nightmare. Walking corpses emerged, some of them known to the siblings. The pair attempted to flee, but were quickly turned around by the fog. The undead closed in, reaching out with cold, clammy fingers. Before Pyrus and Jysella met their ends at the hands of the undead, a group of warriors sprang forth. Their armour shone through the mist, as if they were illuminated from within. In short order, the undead were disposed of.

The warriors identified themselves as paladins of Arkay. They also revealed that everyone in the village had been slain. The legion soldiers that had been guarding the village had fled in the face of the walking corpses. Pyrus and Jysella decided to join the order-everything else they'd had was gone. For years, the pair of them trained with the order. They hunted dozens of necromancers, wights, and liches, spreading word of the paladins. When word of a lord seeking to reclaim his ancestral home from the grasp of darkness, the Paladins of Arkay sent two of their most promising paladins-Pyrus and Jysella.

Dialogue color:
    Pyrus' colour.

Also, I'll only be doing one history for both of them. Since it applies to both.

Name:
    Jysella Vanius

Race: Imperial

Age and Date of Birth: 30,17th of Frostfall

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual

Class: Paladin of Arkay

Weapons: A weapon reminiscent of a fencers foil. The blade near the guard, however, is thicker, and the blade steadily narrows to a fine tip, ideal for piercing narrow chinks in enemy armour. A dagger she keeps on her at all times. In case she should happen to be disarmed.

Armour: Unlike her brother, Jysella has chosen to go into lighter armour. She wears a leather tunic, under a shirt of mail. She does wear steel enforced leather bracers and pauldrons, and grieves.

Combat Preference: Where Pyrus prefers to power his way through an engagement, Jysella prefers finesse. She often outmaneuvers her enemies before cutting them down. She fights very much like a duelist, using quick jabs and slashes. She wears down her opponents and finishes the fight with a lethal jab. Jysella also has some skill with magical abilities, primarily of the restoration school. Because her sword is less than perfect for fighting zombies and skeletons, she uses powerful blasts of restoration magic that burn or at least repel the enemy. She's also perfectly capable and willing to heal her companions.

Character Appearance: Jysella is a slim woman, shorter than her brother, and slightly less muscular. Her hair is a lighter shade of brown than her brothers, and she often wears it in a ponytail. She lacks tattoos, but has a small collection of scars.

Personality : Though Jysella sympathizes with her brother, she doesn't exactly share the same beliefs. Where he sees only the possibility for greed and evil, she sees the possibility for generosity and good. She is an encouraging person, though, like her brother, when faced with evil-doers, will not hesitate to take action. Because of this, she sees no problems with taking the law into her own hands.

Likes: Making friends, adventures, justice, honorable people.

Dislikes: Demons/Daedra, undead, liars.

Quirks : Drums her fingers against her thigh when nervous or excited.

Fears Include at least one. : Losing friends, losing her brother, evil triumping.

Phobias Include at least one: Nebulaphobia- Fear of fog.

History : (Read Pyrus' CC)

Dialogue color:
    This

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Not sure when I'll have a CC ready for this, but I know some more people are around looking for an RP to join up with. You can expect a CC from me within the week friend. Might I suggest that you think about posting that this story is looking for writers in the "Available Writers and Open Stories" thread? It's a new thing we're trying out, and so far it's looking like it's doing it's job when people use it :)

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    Definitely interested in this, been wanting to get back into a good RP for a long while. I'll see about a CC in the next day or two.

EpicVakarian

Quick question, how long has it been since the family was defeated? I have an idea for my character's backstory loosely involving the event itself, just want to make sure it'd make sense with timings and all.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    I too, should be able to get a CC up. Perhaps tonight, probably tomorrow.

Thesius

The Imperial Paladin
    Quick question, how long has it been since the family was defeated? I have an idea for my character's backstory loosely involving the event itself, just want to make sure it'd make sense with timings and all.

Three or four centuries before the civil war. Long enough for most people not in the immediate region to have forgotten about Gravus and their home.

EpicVakarian

Ah ok, glad I checked then, thanks. At work for a few hours but will work on a CC after I get home.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I'm hoping that my CC template will do just fine with you @Thesius ? My CC is coming along swimmingly and my template encompasses all the things that you are requiring for each CC. Just for clarification purposes. :D

EpicVakarian

Name: Kira Woodsley

Age and Date of Birth: 27, 12th of Second Seed

Sexual Preference: Homosexual

Class: Unstable mage

Weapons: A short, slightly dulled but well crafted dagger strapped to her thigh. She rarely uses it - preferring magic until absolutely necessary.

Armour: Sleeveless fur-lined leather armour with leggings and knee-length boots - all a little ragged and dirty.

Combat Preference: Kira uses her untamed potential in conjuration, illusion, alteration and restoration magic to heal, help in combat, or perform very subtle mind tricks. She is very loosely trained in magic, however, and will sometimes make costly mistakes. She is most confident with her illusion and alteration magic, closely followed by restoration. She strays as clear as possible from destruction magic, since she doesn't fully trust herself with it thanks to her difficulties.

Character Appearance:
    47cc7d6c20516b513fb683fc085d9c39--hayley-williams-blonde-bleached-blonde-hair.jpg

Kira is very small, only a little over 5 feet tall. She is skinny, almost gaunt, with slightly sunken dark green eyes and very pronounced cheekbones. Her hair is dirty blonde, shoulder length and usually unkempt and messy. She has long scars lengthwise on both her forearms, but no tattoos.​

Personality:
    Kira mostly lives up to her small stature, being fairly shy and trying her best to keep out of the spotlight. However, she has on occasion been known to unleash her powerful temper on those who upset her. She is kind-hearted, but often struggles to pluck up the courage to do the right thing.

Friendly people, peace and quiet, skooma.

Dislikes: Alcohol, judgmental people, dark magic (eg necromancy)

Quirks: Almost always has her arms crossed, her hands gripping her forearms and covering her scars. She is also a recovering skooma addict, and still suffers from withdrawal symptoms.

Disease:
    Suffers from mild psychosis. This means that she sometimes has hallucinations, visual and otherwise. She often feels as though she is one personality, in control of a body carrying hundreds of other personalities. She also sometimes suffers from seemingly unexplained mood swings when these hallucinations affect her psyche more than usual.

Fears:
    Her hallucinations, being dismissed as "insane", regressing into her addiction.

Phobias:
    Losing control of her body or senses.​

History: Kira was born in the village below the Gravus' castle, raised among the terrors that settled there. Thanks to her psychosis, her childhood was very misunderstood, with very few friends. Many in the village simply called her insane and tried to convince Kira's parents to "put her down". This led her to keep to herself most of the time.

She discovered her natural magical proficiency at 13, and began dreaming of becoming a true mage. However, her first experiments with destruction magic were plagued by hallucinations, which ultimately led to a horrific accident which burned down several homes in the village. From that moment, she was never permitted to meddle with the destruction school of magic.

At the age of 14, she was caught up in a foul ritual conducted by some of the necromancers in the castle. They killed her parents and abducted her to the castle, intending to use her as a catalyst for their ritual to summon some ancient demon. She only managed to escape by using all her strength in a spell to control one of the acolytes and force him to free her.

Since then Kira has been alone, save for a few fleeting companions. She traveled with a Khajiit caravan for a short while, helping out where she could, and developing her addiction to skooma. It crippled her for years, and she struggled to survive, spending what little money she had on her next fix. Only in the last year has she managed to break her habit, traveling back to High Rock to perhaps try and find regular work and make a real life for herself at last.

That was when she heard of the return of a long lost Gravus heir, who intended to reclaim his castle and purge the village of its horrors. Kira is very nervous about returning to her home village, but the payout would be enough to set her up for life. She would be able to afford a nice home, some proper tutelage in the magic arts, anything she had ever dreamed of. For Kira, it was too much to pass up.

Dialogue color: This blue (2nd row, 5th from the left) if available

Last edited:

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    REQUESTED DIALOGUE COLOUR

(The art used in this CC are not 100% depictions of this character, but rather accurate ideas of what her visage is. Please keep this in mind while reading, and rely mainly on the descriptions and use the photos as reference points and imagery.)
    wanheda_by_ishved-d9ozy1f.jpg

Maelin
    "She lives down in a ribcage within the dry leaves of a heart"

-~~{ BASIC }~~-

NAME: Maelin

ALIAS: Lady Armelle is how she often introduces herself to strangers, as a lack of a surname is often looked down on

BIRTH-DATE: 16 of Rain's Hand, 4E 166

BIRTH-PLACE: Somewhere near Wayrest, High Rock

RACE/ORIGIN: Breton

CLASS: Pure Mage | Scholar | Psychopath

LATERALITY: Ambidextrous favouring her Right hand

SEXUALITY: Asexual; she finds no attraction towards any person or gender, and in fact finds herself disgusted by most more often than anything

RELATIONSHIP/MARITAL STATUS: Single

FAMILY: None; orphaned at birth and the closest thing to family she has ever had is the Noble family she was sworn in service to; this is also why she has no family/surname

PROPERTY: She owns a small home perched along the walls of Solitude, once belonging to the city's groundskeeper--a job that is no longer active [link]

AFFILIATIONS: None; though she'll often lie about being a member of the Bard's College, and the Mage's College in Winterhold

AFFLICTIONS:
    - Psychopathy: A disorder defined by its spectrum of many features and behaviours. It's mainly identified by an apparent lack of guilt, empathy and deep emotional attachments; narcissism and superficial charm; and impulsive and antisocial behaviours like dishonesty, manipulativeness and recklessness. Psychopathy is at risk for physical aggression, but it is not synonymous with it. More often than not psychopathic individuals are extremely rational and in touch with reality, such is the case with Maelin. More information on her Psychopathic behaviour can be found in the personality section of this CC.

RELIGION: She worships no "god", but finds herself fascinated with their accumulation of power and worship--especially that of the many Daedric Princes

fawn_holmwood_by_annahelme-dc7vys2.jpg

-~~{ APPEARANCE }~~-

HEIGHT: 5'5"

WEIGHT: 138 lbs

BUILD: Slim, Unassuming, Alluring, Prominent

FACE: Inquisitive, Confident, Attractive

EYES: Redish-Brown

SKIN TONE: Pale-white, dotted with gentle freckles

HAIRSTYLE: Wavy, cut just below the shoulder, usually worn tied back or in a loose braid

HAIR COLOUR: Dark Red

SCARS: None on her open skin large enough to be of note, though she has many across her back

TATTOOS: She has the name "Armelle" tattooed in small red letters cutting perpendicular across her left wrist, close to the base of her palm and a small black "X" in the same position on her right wrist

PIERCINGS: None

3beffcf6379e064d941b3710374da2a0.png

-~~{ PERSONALITY }~~-

Maelin is a Psychopath. However, such a term brings to mind an idea that betrays the reality of what it actually means. One might assume that a psychopath has to be inherently violent, a killer, or perhaps a serial murderer or rapist. One may even believe psychopathy comes synonymous with sociopathy and sadism, but these things are far from mutually exclusive. However, they do often go hand in hand with each other, as those considered psychopaths may also be socially inept, and/or enjoy the pain of others. None of this is the case for Maelin though, she is rather plainly just a psychopath.

This does not make her any less of a person, however, to her dismay. She's just much different than most all people, and in her mind superior in many ways. This opinion is something she keeps very deep within her mind, as to avoid any judgement or ill actions from those around her. She lacks any shred of empathy, as in her mind it serves her no proper purpose. It's a waste of her time and energy to try and understand and communicate feelings with others when the way she operates with logic is more efficient. She lacks the ability to sense remourse or guilt over anything she says and does, again because it would diminish her efficiency and logically wasting time analyzing and rethinking her actions is nothing but a waste of effort. On the topic of wasting her time and energy, she holds no room for close emotional attachments with anyone or anything. In her eyes, not only is it again wasteful, but a weakness somebody could potentially use against her.

Previously it was said that she thinks of herself as a superior person to most of those around her, this narcissism is a telltale sign of what she is and so she masks it behind a charm and confidence that she has learned, in order to be attractive and alluring to all. She's mastered the ways of speaking and sounding like a perfectly likeable individual, one that people want to befriend and get close to. She knows how to speak to people and read them, what they think and feel, what they want and like. She knows how to give it to them, and appeal to their nature-potentially even use it to her advantage if she sees the need. When she paints them a picture of herself, it's using research, facts and experiences she has. Some of it is in the form of lies, some in the form of half truths. If one knows that she is telling lies, through knowledge and experiences of their own, she would continue to weave a web for herself until out of the spotlight of attention and speculation--or more simply just disappear and avoid further communication.

She is, underneath all of this, rational and more often than not level-headed. Above all else, her intelligence is what sets her apart from the rest of the world, and what defines her as a Psychopath. She enjoys the manipulation of others because she is fascinated by the workings of the world and it's denizens and hopes to understand them. Manipulation is her way of exploring and researching such things. Why she has such a fascination she can only chalk up as a curiousity for understanding her differences from others. She wants to understand the minds of those who aren't like her, and perhaps even shape them and make them better. She's drawn to power, unique peoples, different cultures and experiences.

Beneath all of this, deep down beneath it all, there is a fire that burns - if you could call it that. It burns for vengeance, and when it comes alive it's violent and destructive. It murders and tortures; dehumanizes and dissects. And she harnesses it when she needs to, when somebody deserves it and the situation calls for it. It's only come out twice in her lifetime, but it's trained and works for her rather than against her will. It doesn't come out because she wants it, or craves it though. Nor that she necessarily obsesses over it or plans it out. It comes out when necessary, like when doing business.

Overall, it's a rather lonely and chronically bored life to live. One could say that with all of this manipulation and study of the human condition through others is everything but, however, she's always looking from the outside in. Behind a pane of glass, distant and soundless--doing her best to interpret what she sees from those around her without fully comprehending it all. There is no moral compass to guide her, only her logical idea of what is the best for her at the time. There is no connection of motivation for her outside of coming closer to being what she thinks "normal" is--even though her definition of normal could be miles off of what a regular person's definition is. Because of all this, if there were to be one feeling Maelin would ever even come close to feeling or understanding, it would be that of Melancholy.

(This is rather cut and dry for an explanation of her personality, but for a charrie such as this, it's not an easy thing to describe. Did my very best here with this description, but her personality will show itself much more clear in the posts I crank out for her, so just keep that in mind!)

TEMPER: Unpredictable but Even; she's always stable and rational on the surface at all times, but without warning, that could change on a dime without any difficulty--it's a tool to her, as the reactions of others towards her energy is something she can use to her advantage if need be.

OUTLOOK: Pessimistic; the world is bleak, dark, evil and deadly--and she's a fairly large reason and contribution as to why. Fixing the world's unfixable problems is impossible, even the gods can't do it, so join in the unfixable.

HONOR: Slim to none; respect is for those who operate with morality and empathy, she has none of that. The dead are dead, and the living are on their way to being dead-- honor is a temporary luxury and a waste of time, no person in the world has earned that from her.

ALIGNMENT: Chaotic Neutral; She cares for nobody but herself, nor does she remember caring for anybody but herself--though others may occasionally consider her as an evil-doer, nothing she does is with the intention of being malicious or ill-willed.

POSITIVE TRAITS: Intelligent, Wise, Powerful, Strategic, Influential, Confident, Persuasive, Attractive, Alluring, Charming

NEGATIVE TRAITS: Apathetic, Selfish, False, Dishonest, Antisocial, Impulsive, Manipulative, Reckless

LIKES: Conflict, Nighttime, Masser and Segunda, Magicka, Literature, Artwork, Alcohol, Alchemy, Writing, Drawing and Painting, Culinary Arts, History

DISLIKES: People, Authority, Do-gooders, Gods, Worship, Temples, Poor Manners, Imperfection, Those who waste her time, Manipulators, Recklessness

FEARS: Little to nothing phases her, though she does feel anxiety when she's confronted about her falsehoods and true nature; as if she were to ever truly fear anything--she herself would be the only person or entity worthy of such a feeling.

PHOBIAS: Phobias for Maelin aren't felt or experienced in any way the same as most other "normal" individuals. These phobias do not fill her with a sense of fear, instead they trigger a dramatic shift in emotion and demeanour. She will quickly see herself falling apart, becoming emotionally unstable and out of control of her actions--often along with the effects and symptoms of intense psychosis (auditory and visual hallucinations, irrational and delusional behaviour, extreme volatility towards herself and others, and finally suicidal and possibly homicidal thoughts). Regardless of how these phobias affect her differently than most, she avoids them staunchly, but casually--as to not draw any unwanted attention toward them.
    - Athazagoraphobia: The fear of being forgotten or ignored, and (more prominently for her) the fear of forgetting. Her mind is her greatest tool, her most powerful weapon, and her safest refuge; and while she wishes for it never to go unappreciated or celebrated by those she deems worthy of learning from it--if she were ever to forget the things she keeps within, it would be her greatest downfall. It has never happened, nor is she sure it ever will; however, from a very young age she was assaulted, beaten for and accused of being dim-witted, forgetful, clumsy, and of limited capacity.
    - Eisoptrophobia: The persistent and irrational fear of mirrors. Tied heavily to the Spectrophobia she also experiences, for as long as she can possibly remember, every time she has ever looked in a mirror at herself all she could ever see was imperfection and something she loathed, hated and disgusted her. She saw herself as everything she ever hated, used, and controlled and over time, she began to fear the monster she saw within herself--despite how invisible it was for everybody else.
    - Spectrophobia: The fear of one's own reflection. See "Eisoptrophobia".

HABITS/QUIRKS: She enjoys meditation, if one could even call it that--for her it's merely retracing her experiences, recalling her memories and lessons, and reviewing all the knowledge she has attained in her lifetime. She tends to do this anytime she finds herself without the distraction of others, often whilst pacing or sipping wine and listening to an elegant tune.

ASPIRATIONS/GOALS: She wants some kind of power and some kind of wealth. Not that of a Jarl or the head of a Noble house, no. She'd much rather prefer the power and wealth of a position much less public and more behind the scenes--like that of a vizier or advisor, perhaps even a court wizard. Pulling strings, and manipulating fates without any target or room for judgement towards her.

bd12b4f1edc745b642a57909d43268c2.jpg

-~~{ GEAR AND FIGHTING STYLE }~~-
    (the 2 images above and below are 98% akin to what I am imagining she'd be wearing apparel wise)

Her clothing would be described as some informal combination of casual and elegant, aiming to portray a sense of dignity and worth without giving off an air of superiority or nobility. She always aims for comfort and is fairly good at attaining it in her attire, which allows her natural and inexplicable aura of confidence to shine through and exemplify her appearance. She prefers the comforting and neutral colours of earth tones such as greens and browns, as they compliment her figure well when in the form of flowing gowns. Dresses are her prefered choice of dress, and often the most common pick, though she is comfortable in the occasional trouser and doublet combination.

HEAD: Nothing, outside of the occasional scarf to wrap her neck and overtop her head during harsh weather.

OUTFIT: A comfortably fitting dress of decent quality, in the comforting tones of the forest, with a warm light jacked or sweater over top.

WAIST: A simple leather belt in a colour able to accent that of her attire, perhaps with some ties for a hip bag or other miscellaneous items

FEET: She prefers comfortable and elegant looking shoes, cut low on the foot just below the bones of her ankle--however the terrain of Skyrim and High Rock require boots of a much higher cut. Both of which she prefers in lighter leathers, hopefully matching that of her belt.

EVERY DAY CARRY: Nothing really, outside of the occasional tome, parchment and quill. If she finds herself travelling, however, she will carry with her the obvious things necessary: clothes, toiletries and whatnot.

WEAPONS: None, outside of her Magicka and Spells

MAGICKA: Maelin refuses to pick only one school of magic to practice, and prefers to use all of them. With this, she has a variety of mastered spells at her disposal that she masterfully and strategically uses. The list is as follows:

~ Alteration: Candlelight, Magelight, Ebonyflesh, Detect Life, Detect Dead, Equilibrium

~ Conjuration: Soul Trap, Revenant, Conjure Flame Atronach, Conjure Ice Atronach, Conjure Storm Atronach

~ Destruction: Flames, Firebolt, Fireball, Ignite, Fire Cloak, Frostbite, Ice Spike, Freeze, Frost Cloak, Sparks, Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, Lightning Cloak

~ Illusion: Muffle, Frenzy, Rally, Pacify, Rout, Invisibility

~ Restoration: Greater Ward, Close Wounds, Heal Other, Heal Undead, Grand Healing, Stendar's Aura, Circle of Protection, Vampire's/Undead's Bane

FIGHTING ABILITIES: She can be useful in almost every role of a group battle or even solo dual. Whether it be dealing damage from afar or up close, delivering cover or healing for fallen allies, or commanding the forces of those she's influenced or raised from beyond the shadow of death. Her preference if she were to pick one, however, is seeping herself into the minds of her opponents, using their thoughts against them; breaking their will, building their confidence, and harnessing their fears. She is fascinated with the thoughts and feelings of others and likes to experiment within them in many different ways.

FIGHTING STYLE: Reliable support in both healing and kiting, formidable damage dealer from afar while only decent up close, master influencer over the tides of a battle for both those with and against her.

olya-bossak-.jpg

-~~{ HISTORY }~~-

LINEAGE: Her parents aren't known to her, but she suspects that they were likely of Pure Breton heritage, with little to no racial diversity. Whether her family was of any particular nobility or impoverished influence is far beyond any of her understanding, however. The family she ended up in the service of, however, was of rather intermediate nobility--despite ironically being mixed within Nordic and Imperial bloodlines. The Armelle family is of no particular power in Wayrest, but they are still of Noble roots. They, however, were unlike most other Breton noble houses in that they were well versed in the ways of "charity and generosity" however false it may be. They took in a rather large handful of orphans into their name, but not for wanting of a larger family, rather, larger service staff. Afterall, why hire servants and handmaidens when you can give them your name as payment instead?

BACKSTORY: I've been debating whether or not to include this information in the histories of my characters, or leave it out in order to allow my writing style to better develop their pasts via discovery writing in thier development during roleplay. For Maelin, I'm going to leave this alone for now, until I feel I have her past a little better fleshed out--as I want as much detail in her backstory as I have in the rest of her CC. Cheers!

study_06_by_88grzes-dawptt7.jpg

-~~{ VOICE AND SCORE }~~-

VOICE: Mild and Classy with an aura of Confidence, Power and Mystery subtly underneath it all

VOICE REFERENCE: Cate Blanchett as Hela (without the evilness :p) [Reference Link]

SCORE THEME: "Meloncholia" composed by Lucas King
    For myself, this song captures just how viduous Maelin's life is without emotions or "regular" human thinking. constantly peering in on ordinary life through a looking glass of logic and intelligence beyond normal comprehension. It does not present the air of falseness and performance she gives off to those around her, but rather what it's like for her on the inside while she's doing so. Trying so hard to apply the same logic and reason she does in everything in trying to mimic and understand the world around her--with no feedback that is truly reliable to her.

EpicVakarian

Damn, you thought of everything with Maelin! She's awesome, almost like a polar opposite to Kira. Nice work!

TheDreamersverse

Brit Fahiil Vahdin
    I'd like to know if there are spots still open as I have already created my character but need to know whether or not to post it.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Post it. I recommend reading the entire thread too. Applications are still being taken, and they haven't stopped being taken yet as this thread was posted just recently. Make sure to check out the other posted CCs so that you know your character isn't too similar with any others before posting as well. :D

Latest posts