• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    Perhaps helping you with the intro will help me in my downtime between writing

Staff member
    *your intro

But not tonight. I'm about to pass out.

Staff member
    There's been a change in plans.

I got pretty dang near finishing a rough draft, but after talking to Skies about it I decided it would be best to hold off on a "story" intro. It's so plot focused that I feel it would be better to introduce it at our own pace when we get to a moment where the knowledge is more relevant and we can CHOOSE what stories we pursue. As such I will save it for later.

I have also decided that, because of the way I ended up planning future events and plot developments to go, Jack will be an NPC. He's more grounded in the initial plot I had planned as such I don't want to focus on his character overly much until that plot is pursued and his place in it becomes more relevant. I do not want to overshadow other characters or make any of your places in the RP feel unimportant due to Jack's story connections. As such, I will be using Jack's little sister, Amandalyn as my character for this RP.

While this means there is going to be more waiting until I open up the IC, it won't be as much waiting as there was for the story intro. By now I'm "warmed up" and more into the swing of writing. So not only should it be a faster process, but the final product should be also be of higher quality. I will however be slowed down by creating and thinking out a Character Card, so I ask would you rather I focused on just writing for now or producing a CC?

Wauten Dayhil

Demon Hunter and Wordplay Extraordinaire
    Name: Iqid

Race: Unknown

Allegiance(s): Aspect of the Seas

Class: Assassin/Swordsman

Affliction: Requires either the constant presence of water, or a considerable amount of water intake if no body of water is nearby

Dislikes: Deserts

Aspirations: Climb the tallest mountain of Fiain

Fears: Tight, claustrophobic spaces

Habits: Smelling and observing everything new to him

Appearance:

Height – 5’11”

Weight – 200 lbs

Build – Slight

Hair Color – Gray usually, green-ish when close to a body of water at least the size of a lake

Eye Color – Sea blue/green

Skin Color – Pale

Gear:

Armor – Simple, thin leather armor, steel chest and back plate sewn in

Weapons – Steel shortsword

Other – Large, child-sized waterskin strapped to Iqid’s back

Abilities – Iqid’s relationship to the Aspect of Water grants him water-based abilities, which allow him to dissipate into mist when near at least a small pond (or with a filled waterskin), and, when standing within a few meters of the ocean or a large lake, can boil a person or creature’s internal liquids.

History:

One day, a man chanced to see a figure step out of the thundering waves, unaffected by the buffering waters as they crashed about. The man’s eyes grew wide, and he dashed into his home to tell his family what he’d seen. “A person,” he started, speaking before the door closed, “a person came from the se-“ before he could finish his sentence, the door shattered behind him. What appeared to be a man, clothed in naught but scraps of seaweed, stepped into their home. His eyes held no mercy, and his tongue spoke no words, as he set to work. The father was broken as soon as the man grasped him, and his wife fared no better. Their daughter, not yet six years of age, was dashed against the walls of their small cabin. The man, who later named himself Iqid, would have no witnesses to his appearance on the lands of Fiain. No witnesses to the coming of the Aspect of Water’s right hand.

Last edited:

Kivuli_The_Khajit

Werewolf Queen of Skyrim
    I snagged your post, Gid, to get a CC template. This is WIP as I will be replacing your stuff with my own stuff over time. I need to know the following though as I'm going in full-blind.

Locations
    Allowed magic/powers in general and per species/halfbreeds
    Allowed body edits (Cybernetics n' shiz)
    Classes

General Information

Name: Lola Soleanna
    Race: Tiger anthro/dragon halfbreed
    Sexuality: Heterosexual
    Laterality: Right-handed
    Age in Fiáin Years: 10
    Age in Earth Years: 20
    Apparent Age: 20
    Birthplace: (List of locations in this place please!)
    Properties: Has a home
    Connections: A well renowned warrior family
    Class: Hunter/Stalker
    Afflictions: a slowly deteriorating mental condition
    Likes: Hunting, fighting, challenge, irritating, jabbing, playing tricks, and generally having fun at another's expense, talking*
    Dislikes: Silence*, shadows*, water, magic, things that are easy (like you Sean), inactivity
    *Unless Hunting
    Aspirations: To protect his sister, to escape the shadow cast by his family, and to be remembered. In that order.
    Fears: Losing his sister, unnatural shadows, water which he can't see the bottom of, helplessness
    Habits: tapping, almost constantly moving unless occupied with something (like hunting)

Appearance

Height: 5'9"
    Weight: roughly 150-160 Ibs.
    Build: Athletic and more on the lean side
    Skin Color: Light Caucasian
    Eye Color: Dark Brown (practically black)
    Hair Color: Dark Brown (practically black)
    Facial Hair: Roughly shaven
    Scars: Only a few here and there from hunting accidents and other minor mishaps
    Tattoos: None
    Other Distinguishing Marks: a few birth marks

Gear

Armor:
    Basic leathers and furs, with a mottled cloak to help blend in and muffled boots to reduce noise.

Weapons:
    Longbow and arrows, with one long knife and one throwing knife, a hatchet (more for survival), and a proper two handed axe made for combat

Casual attire:
    Generally earthy colored shirt and pants, but always with his cloak and his boots.

Skills

Combat:
    He is Very Proficient with archery and stealth
    He is Proficient with one handed and unarmed
    He is Okay with light armor and blocking
    He is Poor with beast riding and heavy armor
    He is Very Poor with magic of any form

Survival:
    He is Proficient with tracking and trapping
    He is Okay with foraging and climbing
    He is Poor with crafting and first aid
    He is Very Poor with alchemy and brewing

Academia:
    He is Poor with reading and writing
    He is Very Poor with mathematics and foreign language

Personality:
    He is Okay with taunting and lying
    He is Poor with sensing motives and intimidating
    He is Very Poor with diplomacy in general

History/Backstory

To make a long story short, he had a hard life and didn't get along well with his family. Due to his worsening condition, his parents began to fear for him and his siblings. His sister eventually convinced him that leaving was the best option, and so he took a false name and they set out on their own without looking back.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Just make a draconic. I don't think the race really makes sense due to how young and in general small this person is.

Ironically feels a lot like what I remember of Tracker Jack. Might be a bit too young too. I mean I don't really know why Earth years are separate/ mentioned in general since things would adapt based on the timing of the planet. (Time is relative after all.)

That is just what jumped out to me.

Staff member
    I need a lot more information of your own placed on that CC before I can even begin to consider accepting it, and I need to know more about what you plan with the half breed angle of the character.

Regarding dragons/tigers that's a pretty huge difference and for a multitude of reasons there is an absurdly small chance of this ever happening naturally. For one thing, dragons in this universe are extremely choosy with their mates and even in the absurdly unlikely case that it happened it wouldn't produce a child. And even then, when it comes down it, an unnaturally created Tiger/Dragon would end up with the dragon side's traits taking over, as dragons never stop growing. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

As far as locations and a list of, it would probably be overall better for you to make one up which suits your narrative purposes. This world's pretty sandboxxy right now, and I can help you make it lore friendly with everything else. Or you can give me several details about what you're going for and I can give you the best fit, especially if you flesh out the CC more fully, as a full list could take me a long time to produce. Going for a half breed I would assume you'd either be coming from remote areas of the wilderness or a city which has a knack for experimentation. Or you coud even be a direct creation of the Aspects.

Staff member
    Just make a draconic. I don't think the race really makes sense due to how young and in general small this person is.

Ironically feels a lot like what I remember of Tracker Jack. Might be a bit too young too. I mean I don't really know why Earth years are separate/ mentioned in general since things would adapt based on the timing of the planet. (Time is relative after all.)

That is just what jumped out to me.
    Well, part of the thing with the world as that humans are rather out of place in it, as if tacked on as an after thought. While they have done some adapting they are not yet to the point where they are perfectly synced up to it.

So in short I still need to fix Jack's age balance.

The angle I'm going for is that the humans are more of an unintended product from the Aspects and they don't really pay that much attention to them. This would only apply to the humans, and not things like Elves and Dwarves and such.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    I suppose. But that's the first thing one would have to adapt to. So if humans were there, either they would adjust or adapt to the point we couldn't recognize them as humans.

At least in my opinion.

Staff member
    They're getting there.Their lifespans and overall toughness and upper limits is increasing steadily over time.

However they're not at condensing 2 and half days into one day levels yet.

Kivuli_The_Khajit

Werewolf Queen of Skyrim
    I know absolutely nothing of how this world works, so someone please fill me in. It seems like fun. And in all honesty I'm porting over one of my true Original characters from my own world. (That I let a pal o mine fuse with her Mobius. Whoop.) So. Help PLEASE.

Staff member
    I know absolutely nothing of how this world works, so someone please fill me in. It seems like fun. And in all honesty I'm porting over one of my true Original characters from my own world. (That I let a pal o mine fuse with her Mobius. Whoop.) So. Help PLEASE.
    Start a PM with me and I will try to help you later today after I've had some sleep. I'm sorry I'm not helping you right now, but I'm pretty close to falling asleep and if I get sucked into character creation I probably won't get any sleep at all :sadface:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts